Eileen Winters, wife of Jonathan, died 1/11/2009

Michael O'Connor

Jan 21, 2009, 6:41:14 PM1/21/09
I searched and seen it hadn't been posted here, but on leafing thru
Jonathan Winters IMDB entry I saw that his wife of 60 years Eileen
passed away a couple weeks back.

http://mobile.latimes.com/inf/infomo?view=Obituaries+Item&feed:a=latimes_1min&feed:c=obituairesnews&feed:i=44503236&nopaging=1

Eileen Winters

Wife of comedian Jonathan Winters

Eileen Winters, 84, comedian Jonathan Winters' wife of 60 years, died
after a long battle with breast cancer Sunday evening at home in
Montecito, said their son, Jay.

The couplemet at the Dayton Art Institute after World War II. In 1949,
the year after they were married, Eileen encouraged her funny husband
to enter an amateur talent show.

"The first time I heard him talk," she later recalled, "my jaw began
hanging open. Did he make up all those things by himself?"

Radioacti...@hotmail.com

Jan 21, 2009, 8:43:27 PM1/21/09
Thanks for posting this; I'd no idea that Winters was one of the few
major Hollywood stars (well, almost major, I guess) with an enduring
marriage.

Existentially,
BRYAN STYBLE/somewhere

rwalker

Jan 21, 2009, 10:30:41 PM1/21/09
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:41:14 -0800 (PST), "Michael O'Connor"
<mpoco...@aol.com> wrote:

>I searched and seen it hadn't been posted here, but on leafing thru
>Jonathan Winters IMDB entry I saw that his wife of 60 years Eileen
>passed away a couple weeks back.
>
>http://mobile.latimes.com/inf/infomo?view=Obituaries+Item&feed:a=latimes_1min&feed:c=obituairesnews&feed:i=44503236&nopaging=1
>
>Eileen Winters
>
>Wife of comedian Jonathan Winters
>
>Eileen Winters, 84, comedian Jonathan Winters' wife of 60 years, died

I had to Google Jonathan Winters to reassure myself that he was still
alive (he is). His web site announces her death:

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

Brad Ferguson

Jan 21, 2009, 10:51:45 PM1/21/09
In article
<59ddd569-89cc-40eb...@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

Michael O'Connor <mpoco...@aol.com> wrote:

Jonathan and Eileen Winters were the guests on the first primetime
edition of Play Your Hunch. (That was a game show, keeds.) The
contestants had to pick which of three women (marked X, Y and Z) was
married to Winters. 15 April 1960.

Radioacti...@hotmail.com

Jan 22, 2009, 12:08:35 AM1/22/09
Has "Play Your Hunch"--my first exposure to Merv Griffin, if not light
bulbs, in the early 60s--in all its X-Y-Zness ever made it to late-
night monochrome block on GSN?

Existentially,
BRYAN STYBLE/somewhere

teleflora

Jan 22, 2009, 12:16:14 AM1/22/09
I know someone who knows them. Mr Winters will not recover from this, he
adored her.

Cindy

<Radioacti...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Brad Ferguson

Jan 22, 2009, 1:43:14 AM1/22/09
In article
<5af57a4d-94cb-4f4c...@i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
<Radioacti...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Has "Play Your Hunch"--my first exposure to Merv Griffin, if not light
> bulbs, in the early 60s--in all its X-Y-Zness ever made it to late-
> night monochrome block on GSN?

Yes. It was far worse than I remembered.