David McComb 1962-1999

Vanessa

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
McComb the former lead singer of '80s band The Triffids died in Melbourne on
February 2, following a minor car accident near his home the previous
Saturday. He was aged 36. More acclaimed in Europe than in Australia, the
West Australian-born McComb spent the last few years of his life in poor
health following a heart transplant in 1995. Friends said that even at his
sickest he never let his heart condition get him down.

"I'm sure he would rather have been healthy, but he wasn't someone who sat
around be-moaning his fate at all. His biggest disappointment (after the
transplant) was that he wasn't allowed to take his old heart home."

Friends believe McComb died of a seizure brought on by the car accident.
He spent Saturday night following the crash in hospital but was discharged
the next morning. His body was discovered by his sister-in-law and
ex-girlfriend in his Northcote home on Tuesday afternoon.

Brenda Thorne

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99

Where did this story originate from?

Just curious,
Brenda

--
For a good time:
http://www.resudox.net/~roxy/

if you don't expect too much from me you might not be let down...-gin blossoms

viole...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
In article <7a6kaj$p...@freenet-news.carleton.ca>,

as...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Brenda Thorne) wrote:

> Where did this story originate from?
>
> Just curious,
> Brenda
> It looks as if this came from Melbourne newspapers, eg the herald-sun, hence

a little misleading, makes it sound as if David was alone when he died, not
so, thank God!!!. he had a couple of friends with him, and one of them had
been there since he was discharged from hospital(too early) on Sunday 31 jan.
Journos,(hacks) just cut and paste from other printed stories, without even
bothering to check the facts. I must've read 6 or 7 articles which just
plagiarised eachother. (Where is Littlemore when you need him?)