Hollywood Publicist Ronni Sue Chasen Shot Dead at 64

tr...@iwvisp.com

Nov 16, 2010, 2:44:43 PM11/16/10
cnn.com...

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — Authorities say prominent Hollywood publicist
Ronni Sue Chasen has been shot to death while driving her Mercedes-
Benz in Beverly Hills.

The coroner’s office released the identity Tuesday, hours after the 64-
year-old woman was shot several times in the chest.

Police say Chasen’s vehicle then crashed into a light pole along
Sunset Boulevard shortly before 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Police Lt. Tony Lee says investigators don’t have a motive for the
killing and have not identified any suspects.

Ray Arthur

Kathi

Nov 16, 2010, 2:53:23 PM11/16/10

Related to the Chasen's Restaurant people?

Charlene

Nov 16, 2010, 3:46:38 PM11/16/10

How do you get shot three times in the chest while driving?

wd46

BobF

Nov 16, 2010, 4:41:23 PM11/16/10

Previously on alt.obituaries Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:46:38 -0800 (PST) to
be exact, Charlene <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote thusly:

An attempted carjacking or drive-by shooting.

Take a look at the intersection on Google Earth. You'll see that
Sunset Boulevard has two through lanes + one left turn only lane going
both west and east..

According to Evan Hulka's more informative article it is likely that
the victim was driving west down Sunset towards Westwood (where she
lived). Assume that she was in the left lane driving towards the
intersection.

Visualise a car pulling up next to yours in the right lane and you see
the passenger in the back seat pointing a gun at you through an
window. You brake, or slow down and the driver shoots through your
passenger window.

Since my wife and I had a gun pulled on us by a car full of Latinos
while we were driving down a freeway the last time we were in Los
Angeles, I have no problem seeing this scenario.

--

Subject: Re: (OT) Man with a gun: Jerry Lewis at Las Vegas airport

> He didn't know it was in his bag? I always know exactly what's in my bag
> when I travel. Nothing goes in that I don't know about.

Your wife (or son, etc.) sneaks the gun into your bag
because she wants to get even with you for ordering her to do something she
didn't want to do.

> That excuse sounds very lame.

*Now*, how does your excuse sound?
Lame-o, or a distinct possibility?

- From "The Sayings of Roy"

Message has been deleted

Father Haskell

Nov 16, 2010, 10:46:37 PM11/16/10
> wd46- Hide quoted text -

Automatic weapon?

Louis Epstein

Nov 16, 2010, 11:26:05 PM11/16/10
Kathi <seidl...@ic.net> wrote:
: On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:44:43 -0800 (PST), "tr...@iwvisp.com"
: <tr...@iwvisp.com> wrote:
:
:>cnn.com...
:>
:>BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. ? Authorities say prominent Hollywood publicist

:>Ronni Sue Chasen has been shot to death while driving her Mercedes-
:>Benz in Beverly Hills.
:>
:>The coroner?s office released the identity Tuesday, hours after the 64-

:>year-old woman was shot several times in the chest.
:>
:>Police say Chasen?s vehicle then crashed into a light pole along

:>Sunset Boulevard shortly before 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
:>
:>Police Lt. Tony Lee says investigators don?t have a motive for the

:>killing and have not identified any suspects.
:
: Related to the Chasen's Restaurant people?

Just what I was going to ask.

-=-=-

danny burstein

Nov 17, 2010, 1:54:26 AM11/17/10
[snip]

Maybe Randy Quaid isn't so crazy after all.

- from the NY Post story:

'Investigators seized computers from Chasen's office, who headed the
public relations firm of Chasen and Co."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/hollywood_publicist_shot_dead_in_WRMuLoOQbwtJ74ta3jgXWL#ixzz15WJeX8ye
dan...@panix.com

Marco McClean

Nov 17, 2010, 2:51:28 AM11/17/10
On 11/16/2010 1:41 PM, BobF wrote:

> Since my wife and I had a gun pulled on us by a car full of Latinos
> while we were driving down a freeway the last time we were in Los
> Angeles, I have no problem seeing this scenario.

The only person who ever shot at me (that I know of) was an old white
woman, so it still seems weird to /me/ that Latinos might do it. I
mean, aren't Latinos traditionally into a culture of macho? Guns are
just such a sissy, cowardly way of dealing with the world, like spraying
for danger. Swords, I would think, or ping-pong paddles, or an athletic
or strategy-game contest, or cars that hop up and down. But guns?
I'll bet it wasn't Latinos. I'll bet it was another old white woman.

BobF

Nov 17, 2010, 2:57:44 AM11/17/10

Previously on alt.obituaries Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:51:28 -0800 to be
exact, Marco McClean <me...@mcn.org> wrote thusly:

> I'll bet it wasn't Latinos. I'll bet it was another old white woman.

And I'll bet you are a troll.

--

"The only difference between a troll and an asshole is
that an asshole knows when it's full of shit." - b

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

R H Draney

Nov 17, 2010, 2:59:12 AM11/17/10
tr...@iwvisp.com filted:

>cnn.com...
>
>BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. =97 Authorities say prominent Hollywood publicist

>Ronni Sue Chasen has been shot to death while driving her Mercedes-
>Benz in Beverly Hills.
>
>The coroner=92s office released the identity Tuesday, hours after the 64-

>year-old woman was shot several times in the chest.
>
>Police say Chasen=92s vehicle then crashed into a light pole along

>Sunset Boulevard shortly before 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
>
>Police Lt. Tony Lee says investigators don=92t have a motive for the

>killing and have not identified any suspects.

I *knew* this sort of thing was going to start happening when the Republicans
won....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

so

Nov 17, 2010, 9:01:03 AM11/17/10
You generally feel pretty safe driving around Beverly Hills. This is
scary.

scott

Laurie Mann

Nov 17, 2010, 9:16:53 AM11/17/10
This story reeks of a murder-for-hire, not some car-jacker. Five
shots? Whoever started shooting wanted her dead, not her car.

Laurie Mann
Dead People Server
http://www.deadpeople.info

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Marco McClean

Nov 19, 2010, 1:33:50 AM11/19/10
BobF wrote:

> And I'll bet you are a troll.

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. From my point of view,
I meant to point out that casual racism is just as unfair and
potentially explosive as guns. I see now that I might also have been
taken as implying that I don't believe your story about having been
menaced by an army of Latinos on the freeway. I don't, but I wasn't
there.
And I might have been mistaken about the old white woman shooting at me
and my stepbrother Craig. She might have just been shooting for effect.
But she was yelling at us the whole time, so I assumed the worst of her.
Anyway, it was a long time ago.

MWB

Nov 19, 2010, 1:52:01 AM11/19/10

"BobF" wrote in message news:8khg7p...@mid.individual.net...

Previously on alt.obituaries Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:51:28 -0800 to be
exact, Marco McClean <me...@mcn.org> wrote thusly:

> I'll bet it wasn't Latinos. I'll bet it was another old white woman.

And I'll bet you are a troll.

Worse....It is Kris.

GO GET HELP

Mark

Laurie Mann

Nov 19, 2010, 10:19:29 AM11/19/10
Well, the carjacker story really sounds less likely now, seeing as the
police now believe she was shot from an SUV.