Star Trek Deaths in 2010

11 vues

Chuck

non lue,
2 janv. 2011, 20:07:3902/01/2011
As is sadly the case every year, we lost many great and notable
figures in the world of entertainment in 2010. Among those we lost
were about thirty personalities who helped to build and expand one of
the most enduring, influential franchises of all time. I am of course
talking about STAR TREK, the science fiction phenomenon that so far
consists of over 700 hours of television and eleven feature films. The
franchise owes its success not only to its millions of fans, but to
those who have worked in front of and behind the camera to bring its
universe to life. As I have done for the past few years, I would like
to recognize those contributors to this prolific and inspirational
franchise who passed away in 2010.

The following list is in alphabetical order by last name. If you see
any mistakes or know of anyone who is not included, please let me
know.

BERNIE ABRAMSON (86); died 14 August
Photographer and cinematographer; was Second Unit Director of
Photography on STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE. He served as an aerial
cameraman in the US Navy during WWII, receiving a number of
decorations for his photographs which assisted in the destruction of
hundreds of Japanese ships and aircraft. After the war, he became a
still photographer in Hollywood, working on films such as OCEAN'S
ELEVEN, SOME LIKE IT HOT, WEST SIDE STORY, THE WILD BUNCH, FIVE EASY
PIECES, and DIRTY HARRY. As a cinematographer, he worked on TV's FAT
ALBERT AND THE COSBY KIDS and WAR AND REMEMBRANCE and directed Second
Unit photography on MCQ and ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN.

COREY ALLEN (75); died 27 June
Actor and director; directed multiple episodes of STAR TREK: THE NEXT
GENERATION and STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, including the pilot episode
of the former. As an actor, he is best known for playing Buzz
Gunderson in REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE. In addition to STAR TREK, he has
directed episodes of such television series as HILL STREET BLUES (for
which he won a Emmy), THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO, HAWAII FIVE-O, THE
ROCKFORD FILES, DALLAS, MAGNUM , P.I., and HUNTER. He also directed
such films as THUNDER AND LIGHTING and AVALANCHE.

JOHN DAVIS CHANDLER (75); died 16 February
Character actor known for villainous roles; played Flith in the STAR
TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE episode "Honor Among Thieves," which was his
final screen role. He previously made appearances on such series as
THE RIFLEMAN, THE VIRGINIAN, THE FUGITIVE, GUNSMOKE, FANTASY ISLAND,
ER, and MURDER, SHE WROTE. His film credits include THE OUTLAW JOSEY
WALES, ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING, ONLY THE LONELY, and Sam Peckinpah's
RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY, MAJOR DUNDEE, and PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID.

JAMES CLAYTOR, SR. (76); died 29 August
Paramount art director; was set designer for the last eight episodes
of STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE's second season. Previously, he was the
art director for the hit sitcoms MORK & MINDY and GROWING PAINS and
won an Emmy as art director of the 1977 miniseries WASHINGTON: BEHIND
CLOSED DOORS. His film work included PANDEMONIUM, HONEYMOON IN VEGAS,
HOT SHOTS: PART DEUX, THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, and CONTACT.

JOHN CRAWFORD (90); died 21 September
Actor; played Galactic High Commissioner Ferris in the original STAR
TREK series episode "The Galileo Seven." He acted in over 200 films
and television programs in a career spanning four decades. He played
the recurring roles of Sheriff Ep Bridges on THE WALTONS and Police
Chief Parks on POLICE WOMAN, and also made frequent appearances on
such TV shows as GUNSMOKE, HOGAN'S HEROES, THE TIME TUNNEL, MISSION:
IMPOSSIBLE, and DYNASTY. He also had roles in such films as THE
GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, THE BIG HEAT, THE LONGEST DAY, JASON AND THE
ARGONAUTS, THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY, THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE, THE
TOWERING INFERNO, NIGHT MOVES, and THE ENFORCER.

PHYLLIS DOUGLAS (73); died 12 May
Actress; appeared in two original STAR TREK series episodes: "The
Galileo Seven" as Yeoman Mears and "The Way to Eden" as one of Dr.
Sevrin's followers. She made her acting debut as 2-year-old Bonnie
Blue Butler in GONE WITH THE WIND and later appeared in such films as
RAINTREE COUNTRY, THE JOKER IS WILD, CIMARRON, ATLANTIS: THE LOST
CONTINENT, and WILD ROVERS. She also played The Joker's henchwoman,
Josie Miller, in two episodes of BATMAN in 1967.

SHAY DUFFIN (79); died 23 April
Actor and playwright; played Ned Quint in STAR TREK: THE NEXT
GENERATION's "Sub Rosa." He regularly played barkeep types, as was the
case in films like TITANIC and THE DEPARTED, but he was perhaps best
known for his role as Dan O'Grady in LEPRECHAUN. His other film
credits include RAGING BULL, NEWSIES, and SEABISCUIT. He was also
known for his one-man plays, notably THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING IRISH and
CONFESSIONS OF AN IRISH REBEL.

ROBERT ELLENSTEIN (87); died 28 October
Actor, theater director, and acting teacher; played the Federation
President in STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME and Steven Miller in STAR
TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION's "Haven." His career spans four decades,
during which he has acted in at least fourteen films (including NORTH
BY NORTHWEST and the original 3:10 TO YUMA), nearly 100 television
programs (notably playing Quasimodo in a live airing of THE HUNCHBACK
OF NOTRE DAME and the villain in the pilot episode of MOONLIGHTING),
and over 100 stage productions (including a staging of HAMLET with no
props and only six actors). He was a longtime friend of STAR TREK IV
director and co-star Leonard Nimoy; they were both early members of of
the Company of Angels, Los Angeles' oldest non-profit repertory
theater. Ellenstein also co-founded the Los Angeles Repertory Company
and Hollywood's Theater West.

KENNY ENDOSO (70); died 10 August
Stuntman on STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK and STAR TREK: FIRST
CONTACT. He also performed stunts on such films as BLAZING SADDLES,
THE BLUES BROTHERS, BEVERLY HILLS COP, BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA,
DIE HARD, LETHAL WEAPON 2, TOTAL RECALL, TRUE LIES, SE7EN, THE FAST
AND THE FURIOUS, and COLLATERAL.

ANDY EPPER (66); died June 9
Stuntman; performed Borg stunts in STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT. He also
did stunt work on such films as BLAZING SADDLES, EVERY WHICH WAY BUT
LOOSE, DIE HARD, LAST ACTION HERO, THE MASK, and PANIC ROOM, as well
as TV's THE A-TEAM.

BILL ERWIN (96); died 29 December
Character actor and veteran of Hollywood's Golden Age; played Dr.
Dalen Quaice in the STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION episode "Remember
Me." He earned an Emmy Award nomination for his performance as Sid
Fields in the SEINFELD episode "The Old Man" and made recurring
appearances (always as a different character) on GUNSMOKE, PERRY
MASON, and GROWING PAINS. His best known film roles are Arthur the
bellman in Jeannot Szwarc's SOMEWHERE IN TIME and the voice of
Littlefoot's grandfather in THE LAND BEFORE TIME. He also had roles in
several John Hughes films, most notably PLANES, TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES
and HOME ALONE.

DAVID FROMAN (71); died 8 February
Actor and drama teacher; played K'Nera in the STAR TREK: THE NEXT
GENERATION episode "Heart of Glory." He is best known for his
recurring role as Lt. Bob Brooks on MATLOCK. He also appeared on such
shows as THE EDGE OF NIGHT, SCARECROW AND MRS. KING, HILL STREET
BLUES, T.J. HOOKER, 21 JUMP STREET, HUNTER, and CHEERS.

RON GANS (78); died 29 June
Actor and voice actor; provided the voice of Armus, the entity that
killed Tasha Yar, in the STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION episode "Skin
of Evil." He is best known for voicing Eeyore in the long-running
puppet series WELCOME TO POOH CORNER and Sebastian the Cat on DUMBO'S
CIRCUS, both for The Disney Channel. He also voiced multiple
characters on LOST IN SPACE, Drag Strip on TRANSFORMERS, and Magneto
in PRYDE OF THE X-MEN.

ROBERT GARY (90); died 3 May
Script supervisor on the original STAR TREK series and on STAR TREK:
THE NEXT GENERATION, and second unit script supervisor on STAR TREK:
DEEP SPACE NINE and STAR TREK: VOYAGER. He was also a script
supervisor on such television series as PERRY MASON, FALCON CREST,
DYNASTY, FAME, and ER. He was the script supervisor of many films, as
well, including THE SEARCHERS, FRIENDLY PERSUASION, THE DIARY OF ANNE
FRANK, and WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE?

BOB HOY (82); died 8 February
Stuntman and actor; appeared as the miner Sam in the original STAR
TREK series episode "The Devil in the Dark" and was one of the two
stuntmen who played the Horta in the same episode. He is perhaps best
known for playing Joe Butler on THE HIGH CHAPARRAL, though he also had
acting roles on shows like DALLAS and BONANZA and in films such as
OPERATION PETTICOAT and HELTER SKELTER. His performed stunts on many
other films and TV programs, including NORTH BY NORTHWEST, THE DEFIANT
ONES, SPARTACUS, IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD, THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES,
BONANZA, THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO, and NORTH AND SOUTH.

JOHN JEFFERIES, SR. (74); died 25 March
Set and prop designer on the original STAR TREK series, for which his
work included co-designing the phaser pistol and the design for the
ENTERPRISE. He was the younger brother of STAR TREK art director Matt
Jefferies. He also worked on such films as GUESS WHO'S COMING TO
DINNER, FUNNY GIRL, HELLO, DOLLY!, and CATCH-22 and later served as
art director or production designer on TV series like BAA BAA BLACK
SHEEP, THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO, and MATLOCK. More recently, he was
set designer on such films as I STILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER
and AUSTIN POWERS: THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME.

BERNARD KATES (87); died 2 February
Actor; played Sigmund Freud in STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION's
"Phantasms." He had a three-year stint on GUIDING LIGHT in the 1960s
and also appeared on such programs as THE UNTOUCHABLES, HITCHCOCK
PRESENTS, DR. KILDARE, THE OUTER LIMITS, THE FUGITIVE, NYPD BLUE, and
3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN. His films include JUDGMENT AT NUREMBERG, THE
SUPER COPS, THE BABE, and THE PHANTOM.

ANDREW KOENIG (41); died ca. 14 February
Actor, comedian, and filmmaker; played Tumak in the STAR TREK: DEEP
SPACE NINE episode "Sanctuary." He is best known for playing Mike
Seaver's friend, Richard "Boner" Stabone, on GROWING PAINS. He is also
known for his performance as The Joker in the fan-made short film
BATMAN: DEAD END. In addition to his acting, he was a writer,
director, and/or editor on a number of short films and documentaries,
a regular performer at The Improv in Los Angeles, and camera operator
and video producer of the weekly online podcast NEVER NOT FUNNY. He
was the son of STAR TREK actor Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov).

JANET MACLACHLAN (77); died 11 October
Actress; played Lt. Charlene Masters in the original STAR TREK series
episode "The Alternative Factor." She guest-starred on hundreds of
other television series, most notably as Bill Cosby's love interest in
the I SPY episode "Laya" and as housekeeper Polly Swanson in three
episodes of ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE. She also had recurring on such
shows as CAGNEY & LACEY, SANTA BARBARA, and MURDER ONE. Her film
credits include SOUNDER, TIGHTROPE, MURPHY'S LAW, HEART AND SOULS, and
THE THIRTEENTH FLOOR.

NAN MARTIN (82); died 4 March
Actress; played Victoria Miller in the STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION
episode "Haven." She is perhaps best known for playing Mrs. Louder on
THE DREW CAREY SHOW, for her role in the film GOODBYE, COLUMBUS, and
for playing Freddy Kreuger's mother in A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3:
DREAM WARRIORS. Her other films include DOCTOR DETROIT, SHALLOW HAL,
and CAST AWAY. She also earned a Tony nomination for her performance
in the play J.B. and was later part of the original cast of UNDER THE
YUM-YUM TREE.

ROBERT MCCALL (90); died 26 February
Artist; was a production illustrator on STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE.
He is best known for his space exploration-themed artwork, including
the poster for Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY. He also
created a number stamps and insignia patches for NASA, designed the
posters for such films as TORA! TORA! TORA! and THE BLACK HOLE, and
created murals for the walls of such locations as the Smithsonian
Institute and Johnson Space Center. Perhaps his most famous piece is
"The Space Mural, A Cosmic View," on display in the National Air and
Space Museum.

GRANT MCCUNE (67); died 27 December
Visual effects artist who specialized in models and miniatures; was
the miniature supervisor on STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, for which
he earned an Oscar nomination. He is best known, however, for his
Oscar-winning work as chief model maker on STAR WARS: EPISODE IV – A
NEW HOPE. He was also chief model maker on the pilot for the original
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and worked on such 1980s films as FIREFOX,
LIFEFORCE, SPACEBALLS, DIE HARD, BIG, and GHOSTBUSTERS II. He formed
his own studio in the 1990s, under which he worked on films such as
SPEED, BATMAN FOREVER, SPIDER-MAN, SERENITY, and RAMBO.

MICHAEL PATAKI (72); died 15 April
Veteran character actor; played Korax in the original STAR TREK series
episode "The Trouble with Tribbles" (his most famous role) and Karnas
in STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION's "Too Short a Season." His many
other TV credits include two recurring roles on THE FLYING NUN, the
role of Capt. Barbera on THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, and guest appearances
on MY FAVORITE MARTIAN, BATMAN, BONANZA, ALL IN THE FAMILY, and HAPPY
DAYS. His most notable film roles were in ROCKY IV and HALLOWEEN 4:
THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS, with other film credits including EASY
RIDER, THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN, and THE ONION FIELD. He also starred in
such B-grade horror films as DRACULA'S DOG, THE BAT PEOPLE, and GRAVE
OF THE VAMPIRE.

GREGG PETERS (84); died 27 March
Assistant director and later unit production manager and associate
producer on the original STAR TREK series. In his early career, he
worked on such programs as THE MILTON BERLE SHOW, THE BOB HOPE SHOW,
THE TONIGHT SHOW, THIS IS YOUR LIFE, and various Emmy and Oscar
telecasts. His credits as an assistant director also include THE OUTER
LIMITS, MARY TYLER MOORE, THE BOB NEWHART SHOW, THE LUCY SHOW, HERE'S
LUCY, and TAXI (on which he later became unit production manager). He
also worked on the 1962 film musicals GYPSY and THE MUSIC MAN.

JEAN SIMMONS (80); died 22 January
Actress and screen legend; portrayed retired Rear Admiral Norah Satie
in the STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION episode "The Drumhead." A film
star from the Golden Age of Hollywood, she had memorable supporting
roles in acclaimed films like GREAT EXPECTATIONS and BLACK NARCISSUS
before earning an Oscar nomination for her performance as Ophelia in
Laurence Olivier's HAMLET. She then became a leading lady in such
1950s and 1960s classics as ANGEL FACE, GUYS AND DOLLS, THE BIG
COUNTRY, ELMER GANTRY, and SPARTACUS. She was nominated for a second
Oscar for her lead role in 1969's THE HAPPY ENDING, after which she
began transition into television, including an Emmy-winning role in
the miniseries THE THORN BIRDS and an Emmy-nominated guest appearance
on MURDER, SHE WROTE. She more recently performed in the films HOW TO
MAKE AN AMERICAN QUILT and HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE.

TED SOREL (74); died 30 November
Actor; played Kaval in the STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE episode "Duet."
He appeared in the Best Picture Oscar-nominated 1970s films LENNY and
NETWORK, but is perhaps best known for his role as Dr. Edward
Pretorious in the 1986 cult film FROM BEYOND. His television credits
include guest spots on FALCON CREST, ST. ELSEWHERE, WINGS, and MAD
ABOUT YOU; stage credits include TARTUFFE, DEATH OF A SALESMAN, and
Broadway's A LITTLE FAMILY BUSINESS with Angela Lansbury.

REES VAUGHN (74); died 6 February
Actor; played Lt. Latimer in the original STAR TREK series episode
"The Galileo Seven." He also appeared on such TV series as ALFRED
HITCHCOCK PRESENTS, WAGON TRAIN, THE VIRGINIAN, 12 O'CLOCK HIGH, and
GUNSMOKE. He later became a teacher and acted with various California
stock companies.

MILLICENT WISE (86); died 31 August
Second wife of director Robert Wise; appeared as an ENTERPRISE
crewmember in STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, which her husband
directed. Born Millicent Franklin, she and Robert Wise married in 1977
and remained together until the latter's death in 2005.

BILL WISTROM (74); died 10 March
Supervising sound editor for all four live-action STAR TREK spin-off
series, from the first season of STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION
through the last season of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE. He also did
temporary sound work on STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN, STAR TREK
III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK, and STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT. Prior to
this, he was the supervising sound editor on all 14 seasons of
BONANZA, all four seasons of THE HIGH CHAPARRAL, many COLUMBO
installments, and several seasons of FALCON CREST. He was nominated
for 17 Emmys throughout his career, winning six. He was also sound
editor on many films, including Alfred Hitchcock's TO CATCH A THIEF,
THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, and VERTIGO, as well as THE COURT JESTER,
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, EL DORADO, and THE MUPPET
MOVIE.

islanders

non lue,
2 janv. 2011, 20:18:2002/01/2011
Note to Star Trek fans. IT IS JUST A SHOW

Brigid Nelson

non lue,
2 janv. 2011, 20:38:5902/01/2011
On 01/02/2011 05:18 PM, islanders wrote:
> Note to Star Trek fans. IT IS JUST A SHOW
No, it's a lifestyle.

R H Draney

non lue,
2 janv. 2011, 21:05:0902/01/2011
islanders filted:

>Note to Star Trek fans. IT IS JUST A SHOW

You're wrong...it's FIVE shows (six if you count the animated series) and a
whole boatload of movies....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Diner

non lue,
2 janv. 2011, 21:10:2702/01/2011
On Jan 2, 8:07 pm, Chuck <trekker1al...@verizon.net> wrote:
> GRANT MCCUNE (67); died 27 December
> Visual effects artist who specialized in models and miniatures; was
> the miniature supervisor on STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, for which
> he earned an Oscar nomination. He is best known, however, for his
> Oscar-winning work as chief model maker on STAR WARS: EPISODE IV – A
> NEW HOPE.

It took me a while to realize which movie this was referring to. I
*so* wish people would go back to calling the movie by its original
theatrical title, STAR WARS, instead of this ridiculous retitling. (If
the movie had been called A NEW HOPE in 1977, I sure wouldn't have
gone to see it.)

Aside from that, Chuck, great job.

-Tim

islanders

non lue,
2 janv. 2011, 21:11:0502/01/2011
On Jan 2, 9:05 pm, R H Draney <dadoc...@spamcop.net> wrote:

> You're wrong...it's FIVE shows (six if you count the animated series) and a
> whole boatload of movies....r

Most of which sucked shit

Chuck

non lue,
3 janv. 2011, 04:39:1003/01/2011

Yes, I realize they are TV shows and films and not real life. I love
how people attack others for liking things they don't like with
overused idiotic phrases like "It's just a TV show!" That statement is
not only factually inaccurate, it precludes the possibility that STAR
TREK fans do anything unrelated to STAR TREK, as though our lives
revolved entirely around fictional stories. Also, just fyi, the
majority of the movies and episodes are generally well-received by
most; only a handful are considered to have "sucked shit," as you so
eloquently put it. Now, it may be your opinion that "most" of it
"sucked shit," but that's just that - your opinion. Of course, I'm
willing to bet you haven't actually seen all or even most of TREK,
which would render your "sucked shit" statement both irrelevant and
void.

islanders

non lue,
3 janv. 2011, 09:21:1903/01/2011
On Jan 3, 4:39 am, Chuck <trekker1al...@verizon.net> wrote:>
> Yes, I realize they are TV shows and films and not real life. I love
> how people attack others for liking things they don't like with
> overused idiotic phrases like "It's just a TV show!" That statement is
> not only factually inaccurate, it precludes the possibility that STAR
> TREK fans do anything unrelated to STAR TREK, as though our lives
> revolved entirely around fictional

See the Trekkies movies.

Horatio Pugwash

non lue,
3 janv. 2011, 10:44:2703/01/2011
On Jan 3, 2:18 am, islanders <islande...@aol.com> wrote:
> Note to Star Trek fans. IT IS JUST A SHOW

sounds like a dangerous show....

Chuck

non lue,
3 janv. 2011, 14:33:2503/01/2011

You mean the documentary that specifically seeks out and follows the
extremely devout STAR TREK fans? A documentary intentionally edited to
make the fans look a bit nuttier than they are? Featuring fans who
find a way to put TREK in their lives every day in good fun but still
realize it's all a work of fiction? Yes, I've seen it. In fact, I own
it and I own the sequel. I never said there were no overzealous TREK
fans out there; I know there are some over-obsessed TREK fans, just
like there are over-obsessed fans of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, STAR WARS,
TWILIGHT, HARRY POTTER, LORD OF THE RINGS, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, DUNGEONS
AND DRAGONS, etc. etc. But they are small in numbers; most of us are
fairly sane. Again, your statement precludes the possibility that we
do nothing unrelated to STAR TREK, as though our world revolves around
TREK. Referencing a documentary filmed and edited to show the most
zealous behavior of the most zealous of die-hard fans doesn't change
the fact that you're wrong.

islanders

non lue,
3 janv. 2011, 15:44:1103/01/2011
On Jan 3, 2:33 pm, Chuck <trekker1al...@verizon.net> wrote:
Referencing a documentary filmed and edited to show the most
> zealous behavior of the most zealous of die-hard fans doesn't change
> the fact that you're wrong.

Captain Kirk called, said you are an asshole.

J.D. Baldwin

non lue,
4 janv. 2011, 14:21:2804/01/2011

In the previous article, Chuck <trekke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> As is sadly the case every year, we lost many great and notable
> figures in the world of entertainment in 2010. Among those we lost
> were about thirty personalities who helped to build and expand one of
> the most enduring, influential franchises of all time. I am of course
> talking about STAR TREK, the science fiction phenomenon that so far
> consists of over 700 hours of television and eleven feature films.

So much for "get a life."
\ / bal...@panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer

Jim J

non lue,
4 janv. 2011, 14:42:4604/01/2011
Alas, this thread is heading toward the eventual commonality of all
Internet threads....

That being:

"Am NOT!"

Followed by:

Are TOO!"

Brad Ferguson

non lue,
4 janv. 2011, 16:48:4404/01/2011
In article
<c4747b94-002a-4fa6...@k25g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
Jim J <jsj...@aol.com> wrote:

Sorry. That's another franchise.

Chuck

non lue,
4 janv. 2011, 17:02:1704/01/2011

Not at all. I've said my peace. Islanders wanted to get the last word
in, that's fine, don't care. The thread did get off topic, though, and
for that I apologize.

Chuck

non lue,
4 janv. 2011, 17:04:4504/01/2011

Yeah, I should have just gone with my original plan and just said STAR
WARS. I think I'll do that from now on, just call them by the titles
we've always used (STAR WARS, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, RETURN OF THE
JEDI). Thanks for the compliment, though. Much appreciated.

David Carson

non lue,
4 janv. 2011, 18:59:3604/01/2011
On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:04:45 -0800 (PST), Chuck <trekke...@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Yeah, I should have just gone with my original plan and just said STAR
>WARS. I think I'll do that from now on, just call them by the titles
>we've always used (STAR WARS, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, RETURN OF THE
>JEDI). Thanks for the compliment, though. Much appreciated.

I'm going to horn here in with thanks for the list as well as for Tim's
suggestion and your acceptance of it. I look forward to seeing the list
each year and am always surprised at both what I remember and what I have
forgotten.

I agree that calling the first three Star Wars films by their original
names is much better.

And don't worry about Erik ... he's the Ferengi of this newsgroup. That
is, once you've been around him awhile, he's not nearly as menacing and is
often funny.

David Carson
--
Why do you seek the living among the dead? -- Luke 24:5
Who's Alive and Who's Dead

islanders

non lue,
4 janv. 2011, 19:39:2804/01/2011
On Jan 4, 6:59 pm, David Carson <d...@neosoft.com> wrote:

> And don't worry about Erik ... he's the Ferengi of this newsgroup. That
> is, once you've been around him awhile, he's not nearly as menacing and is
> often funny.

Man, do I love this.

Brigid Nelson

non lue,
4 janv. 2011, 23:12:2904/01/2011

And now, a musical interlude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWaWrvJ7nA

MWB

non lue,
5 janv. 2011, 00:34:5305/01/2011

And don't worry about Erik ... he's the Ferengi of this newsgroup. That
is, once you've been around him awhile, he's not nearly as menacing and is
often funny.

LMAO

He's an ASSHOLE

GO PATRIOTS