OT Paul Anka memoir reveals Sinatra sexcapades

Matthew Kruk

Mar 27, 2013, 3:36:37 AM3/27/13
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/Paul+Anka+memoir+reveals+Sinatra+sexcapades/8151017/story.html

Paul Anka memoir reveals Sinatra sexcapades
Postmedia NewsMarch 26, 2013

Legendary Canadian crooner Paul Anka reveals sex secrets and more in his new
memoir, My Way. In excerpts from My Way, published in London's Mail on Sunday,
Anka says:

? Frank Sinatra hated Barbra Streisand.

? Former U.S. senator and President John F. Kennedy was an unrepentant
womanizer, whom the singer called "wild and horny."

? Anka - known for his colourful anecdotes - describes Las Vegas when Sinatra
was practically its emperor.

He writes: "We'd sit around talking for hours, naked as the day we were born.
Suddenly, a couple of giggling showgirls - also stark naked - would tiptoe in
or, occasionally, Frank would have ladies of the night brought in. Then he'd
disappear to a little massage room to have sex with them.

"He wasn't the only one who did this, though I didn't. We all knew what the wild
and horny senator John F. Kennedy was up to when he came to Vegas. Even the
comedian Bob Hope had a massage every day and women stashed all over the place."

But the famed Chairman of the Board, didn't really understand women, Anka said
and generally preferred the company of his pals, the Rat Pack.

Anka said: "Maybe there was one exception: the actress Angie Dickinson (former
star of Police Woman). Of all the women he'd known, he said she was the best in
bed. Dean Martin agreed."

Anka's book, My Way: An Autobiography, will be published April 9.
� Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

Brad Ferguson

Mar 27, 2013, 5:37:05 AM3/27/13
In article <8kx4t.58002$97.4...@en-nntp-16.dc1.easynews.com>, Matthew
Kruk <nob...@home.com> wrote:

> http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/Paul+Anka+memoir+reveals+Sinatra+se
I read this, and there are about a dozen things I could say, but you
can sum them all up this way: From the nuggets provided here, this is
probably the most unnecessary book in publishing history.

That Derek

Mar 27, 2013, 11:48:13 AM3/27/13
to Matthew Kruk
The all-time greatest joke involving Paul Anka came from a 1960s "Roger Ramjet" cartoon. Somebody called up a booking agent wanting to engage Paul Anka unaware that Mr. Anka was on vacation. The impresario responded "Sorry, Anka's away."

R H Draney

Mar 27, 2013, 4:56:50 PM3/27/13
That Derek filted:

>The all-time greatest joke involving Paul Anka came from a 1960s "Roger Ramjet"
>cartoon. Somebody called up a booking agent wanting to engage Paul Anka unaware
>that Mr. Anka was on vacation. The impresario responded "Sorry, Anka's away."

Anka's notable for having number-one hit singles in both the '50s and the '70s,
but none in the '60s....

This is the guy whose first hit was a love song that begins with the line "I'm
so young and you're so old", and who later thought that people were going to
line up to hear a song called "You're Having My Baby" (and dammit, he was
*right*!)...

Best Anka single (once you lop off about three minutes of instrumental coda):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iBgCKM8XXY

Silliest Anka single:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YbMLvZBbW8

Biggest Anka WTF:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM_xvTaYavw

....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Brad Ferguson

Mar 27, 2013, 7:22:40 PM3/27/13
In article <kivme...@drn.newsguy.com>, R H Draney
He's also really good at recycling. "Toot Sweet" became "It's Really
Love" became "Johnny's Theme," and all within about three years. BTW,
re "It's Really Love," I wonder if there's anything in his book about
how he, eh, covered Annette.

Dave Garrett

Mar 27, 2013, 8:15:40 PM3/27/13
In article <kivme...@drn.newsguy.com>, dado...@spamcop.net says...