Safety Watch - Bill Maher

Jimmy Mac

Oct 14, 2008, 4:57:27 PM10/14/08
My girlfriend and I went to see Religulous last night because she wanted to
see it. To make it interesting I bet her dinner afterwards that Maher would
only mock Christianity and wouldn't have the guts to mock Islam. I lost.
I'm expecting a Fatwa to be issued on Maher any day now. Maher can't claim
he didn't know. In one scene he did an interview from the exact spot where
film maker Theo van Gogh's body lay in the street after being murdered.
Eight Muslims were arrested for the murder. Van Gogh was shot 8 times,
stabbed in the stomach numerous times, had his throat slit, and was nearly
decapitated, all of which Maher acknowledged. A note was stabbed to van
Gogh's chest with a knife. The problem was his 10 minute movie
"Submission".

I have to hand it to Maher, he's got a ton more courage than than I gave him
credit for.

Message has been deleted

Bob Feigel

Oct 14, 2008, 6:19:29 PM10/14/08
[Default] On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:57:27 -0500, "Jimmy Mac"
<j...@nospam.com> magnanimously proffered:

>My girlfriend and I went to see Religulous last night because she wanted to
>see it.

Thank you. Until your post I had no idea who Bill Maher is. I cannot
wait until his film comes out here. I'll probably have to walk through
protesters from my parish to see it, but what the hell ...

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

Kris Baker

Oct 14, 2008, 6:37:17 PM10/14/08

"Bob Feigel" <b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote in message

> [Default] On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:57:27 -0500, "Jimmy Mac"
> <j...@nospam.com> magnanimously proffered:
>
>>My girlfriend and I went to see Religulous last night because she wanted
>>see it.
>
> Thank you. Until your post I had no idea who Bill Maher is. I cannot
> wait until his film comes out here. I'll probably have to walk through
> protesters from my parish to see it, but what the hell ...

We're going tonight.....in a group ;)

The funny thing? When Fahrenheit 911 came out (here in
a red-red state), we ambled down to the theater and couldn't
even get a ticket until the next day! The place was packed
for two weeks.....on two screens....and we're a small town
of about 70,000!

Kris

leno...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2008, 6:48:03 PM10/14/08
On Oct 14, 6:19 pm, Bob Feigel <b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote:

> Thank you. Until your post I had no idea who Bill Maher is. I cannot
> wait until his film comes out here. I'll probably have to walk through
> protesters from my parish to see it, but what the hell ...

Funny thing is, I don't think there was anything about Hinduism or
Buddhism in the movie.

You've never seen/read anything of his?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22bill+maher%22&search_type=&aq=f

He's written three or more books. I have a dear friend whom I admire
partly for his ability to criticize and NOT worship anyone in the
public eye, but I don't understand why he's so sure that Maher would
be a nobody if it weren't for his TV writers. I think Maher's
brilliant in many areas, even if he's juvenile in ways that George
Carlin never was.

And here's something I wish had been discussed a bit more on his show
(the two videos at the top):
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22bill+maher%22+birth&search_type=&aq=f

It's about male birth control, but the talk got sort of off-track.

I wish it had been three men and two women instead of the other way
around. Though had I been there, *I* would have said to Bill, "why are
you talking as if the average American woman is like a greedy, amoral
Hollywood groupie? Been living there too long, maybe?" Then I would
have acknowledged that yes, the male pill will change things
drastically for female groupies - assuming most male celebs actually
start USING the pill! Personally, because of STDs, etc, I think the
only other large group of men that is likely to take it will be
married men whose wives beg them to take it - as a backup to their own
birth control.

Lenona.

Mark

Oct 14, 2008, 9:18:55 PM10/14/08

You must have seen a different film than I did. I thought it was
pretty funny but he went so easy on Islam -- compared to Christianity
and Judaism -- that it was only barely mentioned. No guts at all IMHO.

Jimmy Mac

Oct 14, 2008, 9:47:36 PM10/14/08

"Mark" <weiss...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The point isn't how much he did it, but that he did it at all. A cartoon, a
teddy bear, or a 10 minute movie can start riots or mobs with machetes in
the street on murderous rampages.

Kris Baker

Oct 14, 2008, 11:18:13 PM10/14/08

"Mark" <weiss...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Huh? The Islam portion was the last half-hour of the film.

You fell asleep during the Islamic rapper, gay Islam bar in Amsterdam,
the visit to the holy mosque in Jerusalem, etc, etc?

Kris

Message has been deleted

King Daevid MacKenzie

Oct 14, 2008, 11:37:21 PM10/14/08
Jimmy Mac sez:

> The point isn't how much he did it, but that he did it at all. A
> cartoon, a teddy bear, or a 10 minute movie can start riots or mobs with
> machetes in the street on murderous rampages.

...hmmm -- sounds like you were favourably impressed by PLANET TERROR
too? ;-) ...

--

kdm
http://kingdaevid.podbean.com/

Bob Feigel

Oct 15, 2008, 12:41:46 AM10/15/08
[Default] On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:48:03 -0700 (PDT),
leno...@yahoo.com magnanimously proffered:

>On Oct 14, 6:19 pm, Bob Feigel <b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote:
>

>> Thank you. Until your post I had no idea who Bill Maher is. I cannot
>> wait until his film comes out here. I'll probably have to walk through
>> protesters from my parish to see it, but what the hell ...
>
>Funny thing is, I don't think there was anything about Hinduism or
>Buddhism in the movie.
>
>You've never seen/read anything of his?

That's right. Never heard of him before today. But then it's a big
world and he's an American appearing exclusively on American
television/cable networks.

Since I saw the Youtube trailer for Religulous I've seen a dozen or so
more clips and the guy is brilliant IMO. We've recently subscribed to
New Zealand's satellite digital television network (SKY Digital TV)
and today I searched SKY's online listings in vain for his show (or
Larry King because he's got Bill Maher on his show tomorrow). Alas -
it appears that I'm out of luck on this one. So it's Youtube or
nothing ...

Thanks for the links.

The Kentucky Wizard

Oct 15, 2008, 12:57:17 AM10/15/08
Upon receiving news that Jimmy Mac had made the remarks below, and after
consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
come to the following conclusions:

You say it as if the loss of Bill Maher would be a bad thing, not that I
don't want him dead, I just don't want him visable. After concluding that
Maher was becoming less funny and instead more vile after each episode of
his show last season passed by, I finally decided that I would never watch
him again. He has the mentality of Rosie O'Donnell, and deserves the same
death-by-foot-in-mouth that finally did her in.

--

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you
with experience.

© The Wiz ®

orpheus

Oct 15, 2008, 1:05:55 AM10/15/08
On Oct 14, 10:57 pm, "The Kentucky Wizard" <KyWiz...@insightbb.com>
wrote:

Granted Maher can be smug and occasionally smarmy, but the film is
great. Well worth seeing.

And I thought he spent plenty of time on Islam.

Jed

Oct 15, 2008, 8:06:13 AM10/15/08
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:41:46 +1300, Bob Feigel
<b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote:

>[Default] On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:48:03 -0700 (PDT),
>leno...@yahoo.com magnanimously proffered:

>>You've never seen/read anything of his?

>That's right. Never heard of him before today. But then it's a big
>world and he's an American appearing exclusively on American
>television/cable networks.
>
>Since I saw the Youtube trailer for Religulous I've seen a dozen or so
>more clips and the guy is brilliant IMO. We've recently subscribed to
>New Zealand's satellite digital television network (SKY Digital TV)
>and today I searched SKY's online listings in vain for his show (or
>Larry King because he's got Bill Maher on his show tomorrow). Alas -
>it appears that I'm out of luck on this one. So it's Youtube or
>nothing ...
>
>Thanks for the links.

Maher has a regularly broadcast show on cabe channel HBO in the US.

http://www.hbo.com/billmaher/downloads/

Unfortunately, the full episodes are region limited. I take it NZ
cable/satellite doesn't carry HBO. I know it is carried in the UK.

I wonder if Itunes, which carries the episodes, is also region
limited?

Mark

Oct 15, 2008, 8:18:01 AM10/15/08
On Oct 14, 8:47 pm, "Jimmy Mac" <j...@nospam.com> wrote:
> "Mark" <weiss.sl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

It may be but it's silly to laud him for going after Christianity and
Judaism for 90 minutes and Islam for 30 seconds. Especially
considering that Islam has something like, what, 1000 times the
adherents than Judaism? He went for the easy targets in the film, not
the hard stuff. I don't find that especially "courageous."

Jimmy Mac

Oct 15, 2008, 8:23:16 AM10/15/08

"The Kentucky Wizard" <KyWi...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

The loss of Bill Maher would be a bad thing and I do have some concerns in
that regard. I think the rage trigger among radical Muslims might the the
mention of Mohammad in an improper manner to their way of thinking. And I
don't recall Maher doing that. But you only have to look at Theo van Gogh
to know what could happen. And it only took eight radicals to make that
happen.

Perhaps I should point out that Nashville, where I live, has the largest
Kurdish settlement in the USA and they have proven to be the best kind of
citizens over many years. In my opinion they have been a fine example for
all of us.

I don't get HBO so I don't know how that has been going for Maher. But
Maher in this movie reminded me of my smart ass self before I got married
at age twenty and had to get real serious real quick about the hunter
gatherer thing. I still harbor a fantasy of having Maher with former
girlfriend, still a friend, Ann Coulter over for dinner some night.

Laurie Mann

Oct 15, 2008, 8:30:41 AM10/15/08

It's an American movie so it's focusing on religions Americans are
familiar with. There are so many outrageous targets in Christianity
to poke fun at, you could do a whole TV series around it.

While Maher doesn't do all of his own writing, he does quite a bit and
has written a few books. Even though I generally agree with him, I
find him and many of his interviewees annoying enough that I don't
plan to see Religulous in a theater. I'll probably Netflix it once
it's on DVD so I can skip over the tiresome parts.

Laurie

Mark

Oct 15, 2008, 11:14:13 AM10/15/08

That may be but that doesn't make him "courageous." Going after
familiar targets is not "courageous." I would prefer a documentary, if
that's what one calls this film, that takes on things that are harder
to so easily lampoon. While I found the film funny I thought it was
just filled with a lot of cheap shots. Nothing new. Nothing
courageous. Nothing particularly adventurous.

I am with Mr. Wizard on this one. I don't think Bill Maher adds much
to civilization. He's just another windbag like O'Reilly, Hannity,
Olbermann, et al.

Kris Baker

Oct 15, 2008, 4:58:12 PM10/15/08

> It may be but it's silly to laud him for going after Christianity and
> Judaism for 90 minutes and Islam for 30 seconds. Especially
> considering that Islam has something like, what, 1000 times the
> adherents than Judaism? He went for the easy targets in the film, not
> the hard stuff. I don't find that especially "courageous."

Uhhh....having actually seen the film, I can assure you
that he focused on Muslims for much longer than 30
seconds. Also, while watching the film, we noted that
he didn't lump religion into just Christianity, Judaism
and Islam.

Kris

Kris Baker

Oct 15, 2008, 4:59:39 PM10/15/08

"The Kentucky Wizard" <KyWi...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

> You say it as if the loss of Bill Maher would be a bad thing, not that I
> don't want him dead, I just don't want him visable. After concluding that
> Maher was becoming less funny and instead more vile after each episode of
> his show last season passed by, I finally decided that I would never watch
> him again. He has the mentality of Rosie O'Donnell, and deserves the same
> death-by-foot-in-mouth that finally did her in.

Rosie isn't "did in"....and "Religulous" is really for folks like you.
We dare you. Go see it.

Kris
Waiting for Rosie's new variety show

Bob Feigel

Oct 15, 2008, 5:14:21 PM10/15/08
[Default] On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 05:06:13 -0700, Jed
<zyzygy@plenipôtentiary.com.invalid> magnanimously proffered:

AFAIK there are only two satellite providers in NZ - SKY Digital and
the government operated "Freeview" ( which is VERY limited).

Of course it's only now that we've subscribed that we discover that
many of the US programs once offered are no longer listed. Larry King
is one of them. Maybe that's why we were offered half-price for six
months if we subscribed. But it was a good way to try it out and, so
far, we're happy to have the programming they do have (Judge John
Deed, Spooks, Cranford and the History, Documentary, Discovery, Food &
Arts channels). There's even the occasional surfing contest thrown in.

I'm not sure whether HBO was once available here on SKY Digital - but
it isn't now.

>I wonder if Itunes, which carries the episodes, is also region
>limited?

Thanks, Never thought of that. I'll check it out.

Message has been deleted

Bob Feigel

Oct 15, 2008, 8:32:09 PM10/15/08
[Default] On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:21:22 -0700, Terry del Fuego
<t_del...@hotmail.com> magnanimously proffered:

>On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:14:21 +1300, Bob Feigel
><b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote:
>
>>Of course it's only now that we've subscribed that we discover that
>>many of the US programs once offered are no longer listed.
>

>You didn't hear this from me because I would never, ever suggest such
>a thing...but you might want to look into some of the more notorious
>BitTorrent sites to see if anyone has uploaded what you're looking
>for. As far as I'm concerned, "We tried to purchase it honestly, but
>couldn't" entitles you to download it.
>
>One place you really shouldn't look is http://thepiratebay.org/
>because they're really bad people who make a lot of stuff available
>that they're really not supposed to make available so, again, please
>don't look there.

Thanks. I definitely will - opps - WON'T check this out. Nor will I
save your post. BTW - I have yet to check out iTunes for the shows and
report back ...

The Kentucky Wizard

Oct 16, 2008, 12:50:24 AM10/16/08
Upon receiving news that Kris Baker had made the remarks below, and after
consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
come to the following conclusions:

> "The Kentucky Wizard" <KyWi...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

You'll have to explain the phrase "folks like you". Is there a "folks like
you" club somewhere that I'm a member of and don't know it?

> We dare you. Go see it.

Oh yeah, waste my money on watching someone I don't care for. It'll be on
cable soon enough, so I'll watch it then. I'll even pop some popcorn and
turn out the lights so it will be 'theatre-like'.

> Kris
> Waiting for Rosie's new variety show

You're kidding, right? She has a new variety show on the horizon?
I'd rather watch a biography special on life and times of Arnold Ziffel.

The Kentucky Wizard

Oct 16, 2008, 1:02:09 AM10/16/08

The reason Maher reminded you of youself back then is because he really is a
smart ass, whereas you've grown up, married and realized that life goes
beyond one own's self. Bill Maher on the other hand, is 52, he's never
married, has no kids, and has never grown up. I'm not so sure he's still one
of Coulter's boos, but he's always up for a good drool whenever he has
Arianna Huffington is on his show and speaks in some form of gibberish that
is supposed to resemble English. I think he feels that if he could ever land
Huffington in the sack, it would be almost like taking Sophia Loren around
for a spin.

leno...@yahoo.com

Oct 16, 2008, 1:22:11 AM10/16/08
To Bob Feigel:

He's 52. His website is www.billmaher.com.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Maher
(not sure how close to accurate this is)

As I implied, I do like watching him, but he can be arrogant. Not to
mention that, contrary to the name of his old show, "Politically
Incorrect," he only matches that description when it comes to the
Vietnam War, children, and feminism. Well, OK, he's also not opposed
to racial profiling when it comes to those who might physically
resemble Middle Eastern terrorists, either. But that's pretty much it.
(That is, he calls himself a libertarian, but most think of him as
primarily a liberal, however unsentimental he is.)

He groused in his 2003 book "When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin
Laden" (based on the WWII poster about gasoline rationing and Hitler)
that young adults often say things like "why should I know about (some
major event in world history), I wasn't even alive then!" He added
that when chatting even with very bright adults in their 20s, they'll
often reveal an ignorance of one sort or another that make him want to
shout "I can't believe they let you out of school not knowing that!"

Which, of course, immediately made me think, "oh, so that's why you
only date women that age."

He does have one weakness, though - a strong love for animals. (He's a
board member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.)

The following is the blurbs from the back of "When You Ride Alone You
Ride With Bin Laden." I printed them in reverse order, because they
need to be read in that order, IMHO. You'll see why.

"Bill Maher loves America, hates conventional thinking, and, despite
his curmudgeonly image, has a heart of gold. In the war on terrorism,
we could use a little less tolerance and sensitivity and a little more
manly anger. In this book, Bill leads the way hilariously." - Ann
Coulter

"Bill Maher has the courage to speak his mind - no matter what the
consequences - something you can't say about most people these days.
And he's damn funny! Now, more than ever, the country needs his
outrage. Agree or disagree with him, there is no question that what he
has written in this book should be front and center in the great
national debate and I, for one, am thrilled that this cantankerous
s.o.b. is still there doing battle for the republic we all love." -
Michael Moore

"Bill Maher rides alone daily but it is a hilarious, incisive trip.
Maher versus bin Laden? Take Bill, give the points!" - Bill O'Reilly

"Bill Maher has inherited the mantle of Mark Twain and Jonathan Swift
and he wears it with aplomb. If he were living in any other time or in
one of many other countries he would truly be in danger of being put
to death for his legendary ability to say the unthinkable and say it
better (and before) anyone else. When You Ride Alone You Ride with bin
Laden is destined to be the most talked-about book of the year." -
Larry King

"After September 11, when Bill Maher offended easily-offended people
with a widely (and in many cases, deliberately) misunderstood remark,
Ari Fleischer said that people need to watch what they say and do. In
this very funny but ultimately serious, provocative but truly
patriotic book, Bill prescribes what Americans can do to defend our
nation. And please put this blurb as far away from Ann Coulter's as
possible." - Al Franken

And finally, here's why his show got fired soon after 9/11 and the
speech he made after the announcement was made:
http://davidfettlingbycharlesdickens.blogspot.com/2005/11/chapter-49-bill-maher-and-me.html

It'll bowl you over.

Lenona.

Bob Feigel

Oct 16, 2008, 1:33:35 AM10/16/08
[Default] On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:22:11 -0700 (PDT),
leno...@yahoo.com magnanimously proffered:

>To Bob Feigel:

>He's 52. His website is www.billmaher.com.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Maher
> (not sure how close to accurate this is)

Thanks for the links and all the other info. His website is where I
found out about his Larry King appearance tonight.

I've obviously got a lot of his work to catch up on and, being a lazy
type guy, I will be putting my efforts into finding online broadcasts
rather than his books. He's certainly a "different" act than I've seen
before and I am fascinated by it so far ...

Mark

Oct 16, 2008, 8:17:13 AM10/16/08
On Oct 15, 3:58 pm, "Kris Baker" <kris.ba...@prodigy.net> wrote:
> "Mark" <weiss.sl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Well, I've seen the film, too, and it seemed like 30 seconds to me
especially in comparison to the time he took with Judaism and
Christianity. The point is that he didn't do anything "courageous" in
regards to Islam which is why it is has not created even a ripple.

Kris Baker

Oct 16, 2008, 1:11:42 PM10/16/08

> Upon receiving news that Kris Baker had made the remarks below, and after
> consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of
> my Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I
> have come to the following conclusions:
>

>> Rosie isn't "did in"....and "Religulous" is really for folks like you.
>
> You'll have to explain the phrase "folks like you". Is there a "folks like
> you" club somewhere that I'm a member of and don't know it?

People who want to complain about something they didn't see.

Kris

smilewhen...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2008, 10:27:27 PM10/16/08
"Jimmy Mac" <j...@nospam.com> wrote:
> I have to hand it to Maher, he's got a ton more courage than than I gave him
> credit for.

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.

:-)
___________________

Is there a way to eternal life?
If there was, wouldn't you really want to know?

Not all roads lead to God, and by now you may have discovered life is
not as simple as you once thought. For those who are at this
crossroad, the Bible offers a new direction, one filled with purpose,
fulfillment, and acceptance. The steps are simple:

Recognize that you are a sinner.
You must admit your spiritual need: “There is none righteous, not
one.” (Romans 3:10) We can’t make excuses or blame others for our
actions. “For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of
God.” (Romans 3:23)

Recognize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you.
“For Christ also suffered once for our sins, the just for the unjust,
that He might bring us to God…” (1 Peter 3:18) Jesus paid the price
for our sin. The Apostle Paul said, “…the life which I now live in the
flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself
for me.” (Galatians 2:20)

Repent of your sins.
The word “repent” means to change your direction. The Bible tells us,
"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,
so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the
Lord.” (Acts 3:19) God commands us to repent. You must be willing to
turn away from the things that displease God.

Receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
Jesus said, “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will
give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28) It is essential to come to Jesus just
as you are. Don’t try to “clean up your life” before you come to God.
Instead, receive Him and allow Him to do the cleansing. Jesus said,
“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes
to Me I will by no means cast out.” (John 6:37)

“…If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your
heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans
10:9)

The Kentucky Wizard

Oct 17, 2008, 2:45:04 AM10/17/08
Upon receiving news that Kris Baker had made the remarks below, and after
consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
come to the following conclusions:

> "The Kentucky Wizard" <KyWi...@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Upon receiving news that Kris Baker had made the remarks below, and
>> after consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by
>> members of my Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various
>> World Leaders, I have come to the following conclusions:
>>

>>> Rosie isn't "did in"....and "Religulous" is really for folks like
>>> you.
>>
>> You'll have to explain the phrase "folks like you". Is there a
>> "folks like you" club somewhere that I'm a member of and don't know
>> it?
>
> People who want to complain about something they didn't see.
>

> Kris

Whoa, back up, sister. I never complained about something I didn't see. I
never even referenced his new movie whatsoever, I only referred to my
dislike of him after finally having enough of his blabbering rants that he
constantly spewed on his HBO show last season. Just to refresh your memory,

here is exactly what I said:

"You say it as if the loss of Bill Maher would be a bad thing, not that I

don't want him dead, I just don't want him visable[sic]. After concluding

that Maher was becoming less funny and instead more vile after each episode
of his show last season passed by, I finally decided that I would never
watch him again. He has the mentality of Rosie O'Donnell, and deserves the
same death-by-foot-in-mouth that finally did her in."

One correction to my initial remark; I didn't mean to say "not that I don't
want him dead", I meant to say "not that I want him dead".

Now next time, before you start labeling people, you really need to know
what you're talking about first.

R H Draney

Oct 17, 2008, 1:47:55 PM10/17/08
The Kentucky Wizard filted:

>One correction to my initial remark; I didn't mean to say "not that I don't
>want him dead", I meant to say "not that I want him dead".

Never let it be denied that I couldn't help but fail to disagree with you
less....r

--
Little-known fact: About 2% of the famous
quotations credited to "Anonymous" were actually

The Kentucky Wizard

Oct 18, 2008, 2:45:14 AM10/18/08
Upon receiving news that R H Draney had made the remarks below, and after
consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
come to the following conclusions:

> The Kentucky Wizard filted:

>> One correction to my initial remark; I didn't mean to say "not that
>> I don't want him dead", I meant to say "not that I want him dead".
>
> Never let it be denied that I couldn't help but fail to disagree with
> you less....r

He-he......

Alan Hope

Oct 18, 2008, 6:06:22 PM10/18/08
Bob Feigel goes:

>[Default] On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:22:11 -0700 (PDT),
>leno...@yahoo.com magnanimously proffered:
>
>>To Bob Feigel:
>>
>>He's 52. His website is www.billmaher.com.
>>
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Maher
>> (not sure how close to accurate this is)
>
>Thanks for the links and all the other info. His website is where I
>found out about his Larry King appearance tonight.
>
>I've obviously got a lot of his work to catch up on and, being a lazy
>type guy, I will be putting my efforts into finding online broadcasts
>rather than his books. He's certainly a "different" act than I've seen
>before and I am fascinated by it so far ...

There's a ton of stuff on YouTube. That ought to be enough for anyone
who's not a total US politics junkie. You wouldn't want to watch a
whole episode, because they left all the dull bits in. YouTube, in
this instance, does your editing for you.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

Oct 18, 2008, 6:08:38 PM10/18/08
The Kentucky Wizard goes:

>You'll have to explain the phrase "folks like you". Is there a "folks like
>you" club somewhere that I'm a member of and don't know it?

Dude, yeah.

Duh.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Bob Feigel

Oct 18, 2008, 6:32:00 PM10/18/08
[Default] On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 00:06:22 +0200, Alan Hope
<usenet....@gmail.com> magnanimously proffered:

OTOH I downloaded the entire - and I do mean entire - second
presidential debate. I think it was just under 240mb and went on and
on and on for something like an hour and forty minutes. Had someone
kindly edited out all the dull, boring bits I would have been very
grateful ... but it would have made it rather one sided.

BTW - the most interesting thing was how Tom Brokaw could talk without
moving his upper lip. He looked like a Monty Python talking head. One
facelift too many?

The Kentucky Wizard

Oct 19, 2008, 12:46:11 AM10/19/08
Upon receiving news that Alan Hope had made the remarks below, and after
consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
come to the following conclusions:

> The Kentucky Wizard goes:

>> You'll have to explain the phrase "folks like you". Is there a
>> "folks like you" club somewhere that I'm a member of and don't know
>> it?
>
> Dude, yeah.
>
> Duh.

You're only saying that because you were at the last meeting.