July 2020: Oldest living film people!

leno...@yahoo.com

Jul 1, 2020, 1:07:10 AM7/1/20
You can see most of these at genarians.com.

ACTRESSES:

1908: Edith Meinhard
1911: Renee Simonot
1916: Olivia de Havilland
1917: Marsha Hunt
1919: Caren Marsh, Marge Champion
1920: Franca Valeri
1922: Betty White, Joan Copeland, Micheline Presle, Janis Paige, Jacqueline White
1923: Gloria Henry, Rhonda Fleming, Glynis Johns
1924: Anne Vernon, Carole Cook, Noreen Nash, Priscilla Pointer, Eva Marie Saint, Joyce Randolph, Lily Weiding, Maria Riva, Cicely Tyson
1925: June Lockhart, Cara Williams, Miiko Taka, Arlene Dahl, Angela Lansbury, Lee Grant
1926: Jane Withers, Cloris Leachman, Marilyn Knowlden, Virginia Patton, Helen Gallagher, Betty Lynn, Irene Papas, Judith Magre
1927: Barbara Rush, Phyllis Coates, Juliette Greco, June Brown, Pat Carroll, Gina Lollobrigida, Rosemary Harris, Estelle Parsons, Genevieve Page
1928: Peggy Dow, Estelle Harris, Yvonne Furneaux, Annie Cordy, Patricia Hitchcock, Nancy Olson, Ann Blyth, Marion Ross, Kathleen Hughes, Dena Dietrich
1929: Terry Moore, Patricia Routledge, Rebecca Schull, Claire Maurier, Jane Powell, Liz Sheridan, Bonnie Bartlett, Vera Miles, Fernanda Montenegro, Joan Plowright, June Squibb
1930: Frances Sternhagen, Tippi Hedren, Peggy King, Joanne Woodward, Mary Costa, Gena Reynolds

ACTORS:

1912: Katsumi Tezuka
1914: Norman Lloyd
1917: Earl Cameron
1919: Nehemiah Persoff, Alfie Scopp
1922: Bernard Ladysz, Dilip Kumar
1923: Larry Storch, Jimmy Lydon, Val Bettin, Mike Nussbaum
1924: Woody Woodbury, Espen Skjonberg, Leslie Phillips, William Russell
1925: Ignacio López Tarso, Hal Holbrook, Bill Hayes, Jan Skopecek, Michel Bouquet, Mark Miller, Dick Van Dyke
1926: Ted White, Allan Rich, Robert Clary, Shecky Greene, Val Bisoglio, Carleton Carpenter, Biff McGuire, Robert Brown, Terry Kilburn
1927: Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte, William Daniels, Peter Mark Richman, Michael Constantine, Ed Ames, William Smithers, Joe Turkel, L.Q. Jones, Robert Hossein
1928: Mitchell Ryan, Conrad Janis, Paul Dooley, Joss Ackland, Hardy Kruger, Jackie Mason, Ed Fury, George Maharis, Earl Holliman, Henry Silva, Clu Gulager, Bernard Cribbins
1929: Carl Banas, Jerry Adler, James Hong, Don Murray, Pat Cooper, Bob Newhart, Ed Asner, Jerry Hardin, Christopher Plummer, Tommy Rall
1930: Gene Hackman, Robert Wagner, John Cullum, Scoey Mitchell, John Astin, Clive Revill, Alan Oppenheimer, Will Hutchins, James McEachin, Clint Eastwood, Ryszard Ronczewski

DIRECTORS:

1922: Tony Charmoli, Bert I. Gordon
1923: Madeline Anderson
1924: Robert M. Young
1925: Peter Brook
1926: Roger Corman, Mel Brooks, Norman Jewison
1927: Kenneth Anger, Jerry Schatzberg, Marcel Ophuls
1928: William Klein, James Ivory, Lina Wertmuller
1929: Alejandro Jodorowsky, Mark Rydell, Alain Tanner,Michael Snow
1930: Frederick Wiseman, Richard Donner

PRODUCERS:

1921: Walter Mirisch
1922: Norman Lear
1923: Stan Waterman
1925: Alberto Grimaldi
1927: Arthur Cohn
1929: Sandy Frank, Sid Krofft, Joan Ganz Cooney
1930: Albert Ruddy, Frank Price

MISCELLANEOUS:

1919: Walter Bernstein
1920: Norma Barzman
1921: Hugh Downs
1923: Giuseppe Rotunno, Józef Hen
1924: Sheldon Harnick, Gerda Klein, Johnny Gilbert, Lee Adams
1925: Sonny Fox, Theodorakis, Alan Bergman
1926: Gene Shalit, Peter Marshall, David Attenborough, Sandy Kossin, Murray Schisgal
1927: John Kander
1928: Roger Mudd, Tom Jones, Burt Bacharach, Charles Strouse, Richard M. Sherman, Ennio Morricone
1929: Billy Williams, Barbara Walters, Marilyn Bergman
1930: Stephen Sondheim

Expanded list:

ACTRESSES:

1908: Edith Meinhard (Diary of a Lost Girl)
1911: Renee Simonot (French actress/dubber for Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz)
1916: Olivia de Havilland (Gone With the Wind)
1917: Marsha Hunt (Smash-Up)
1919: Caren Marsh (Wizard of Oz), Marge Champion (dancer and model for Snow White)
1920: Franca Valeri (The Widower, 1959)
1922: Betty White (TV's The Golden Girls), Joan Copeland (TV's As the World Turns), Micheline Presle (Devil in the Flesh, 1947), Janis Paige (Silk Stockings), Jacqueline White (Crossfire, 1947)
1923: Gloria Henry (TV's Dennis the Menace), Rhonda Fleming (Spellbound), Glynis Johns (Mary Poppins)
1924: Anne Vernon (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, 1964), Carole Cook (The Incredible Mr. Limpet), Noreen Nash (Giant), Priscilla Pointer (Carrie, 1976), Eva Marie Saint (North by Northwest), Joyce Randolph (TV's The Honeymooners), Lily Weiding (The Green Butchers), Maria Riva (The Scarlet Empress, 1934), Cicely Tyson (TV's The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman)
1925: June Lockhart (TV's Lost in Space), Cara Williams (The Defiant Ones, 1958), Miiko Taka (Sayonara), Arlene Dahl (Journey to the Center of the Earth, 1959), Angela Lansbury (Gaslight), Lee Grant (Shampoo)
1926: Jane Withers (Giant), Cloris Leachman (Young Frankenstein), Marilyn Knowlden (Les Misérables, 1935), Virginia Patton (It's a Wonderful Life), Helen Gallagher (TV's Ryan's Hope), Betty Lynn (Cheaper by the Dozen, 1950), Irene Papas (Zorba the Greek), Judith Magre (The Lovers, 1958)
1927: Barbara Rush (The Young Philadelphians), Phyllis Coates (TV's Superman), Juliette Greco (The Sun Also Rises), June Brown (TV's EastEnders), Pat Carroll (The Little Mermaid), Gina Lollobrigida (Solomon & Sheba), Rosemary Harris (Spider-Man), Estelle Parsons (Bonnie & Clyde), Genevieve Page (Belle de Jour)
1928: Peggy Dow (Harvey), Estelle Harris (TV's Seinfeld), Yvonne Furneaux (La Dolce Vita), Annie Cordy (Demented, 2006), Patricia Hitchcock (Strangers on a Train), Nancy Olson (The Absent-Minded Professor), Ann Blyth (Mildred Pierce), Marion Ross (TV's Happy Days), Kathleen Hughes (It Came from Outer Space), Dena Dietrich (TV's Chiffon margarine's "Mother Nature")
1929: Terry Moore (Come Back, Little Sheba), Patricia Routledge (TV's Keeping Up Appearances), Rebecca Schull (TV's Wings), Claire Maurier (La Cage aux Folles), Jane Powell (7 Brides for 7 Brothers), Liz Sheridan (TV's Seinfeld), Bonnie Bartlett (TV's St. Elsewhere), Vera Miles (Psycho), Fernanda Montenegro (Central Station, 1998), Joan Plowright (The Entertainer), June Squibb (Nebraska, 2013)
1930: Frances Sternhagen (Misery), Tippi Hedren (The Birds), Peggy King (Abbott & Costello Meet the Mummy), Joanne Woodward (The Three Faces of Eve), Mary Costa (Sleeping Beauty), Gena Reynolds (A Woman Under the Influence)

ACTORS:

1912: Katsumi Tezuka (Godzilla)
1914: Norman Lloyd (Saboteur)
1917: Earl Cameron (The Interpreter, 2005)
1919: Nehemiah Persoff (Some Like it Hot), Alfie Scopp (TV's Spider-Man, 1968-1969)
1922: Bernard Ladysz (Znachor, 1982), Dilip Kumar (Madhumati, 1958)
1923: Larry Storch (TV's F-Troop), Jimmy Lydon (Life with Father, 1947), Val Bettin (The Great Mouse Detective), Mike Nussbaum (Men in Black)
1924: Woody Woodbury (For Those Who Think Young, 1964), Espen Skjonberg (O'Horten, 2007), Leslie Phillips (Carry On Nurse), William Russell (TV's Dr. Who, 1963-1965)
1925: Ignacio López Tarso (Macario, 1960), Hal Holbrook (All the President's Men), Bill Hayes (TV's Days of Our Lives), Jan Skopecek (The Mysterious Castle in the Carpathians, 1981), Michel Bouquet (Toto le Hero), Mark Miller (TV's Please Don't Eat the Daisies), Dick Van Dyke (TV's The Dick Van Dyke Show)
1926: Ted White (Friday the 13th, Final Chapter), Allan Rich (Serpico), Robert Clary (TV's Hogan's Heroes), Shecky Greene (History of the World, Part I), Val Bisoglio (Saturday Night Fever), Carleton Carpenter (The Whistle at Eaton Falls, 1951), Biff McGuire (Serpico), Robert Brown (TV's Here Come the Brides), Terry Kilburn (Goodbye, Mr. Chips, 1939)
1927: Sidney Poitier (To Sir, With Love), Harry Belafonte (Odds Against Tomorrow), William Daniels (The Graduate), Peter Mark Richman (Dark Intruder, 1965), Michael Constantine (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), Ed Ames (TV's Daniel Boone), William Smithers (Papillon), Joe Turkel (The Shining), L.Q. Jones (The Wild Bunch), Robert Hossein (Rififi)
1928: Mitchell Ryan (Lethal Weapon), Conrad Janis (TV's Mork and Mindy), Paul Dooley (Popeye), Joss Ackland (White Mischief), Hardy Kruger (Hatari!), Jackie Mason (Jackie Mason on Broadway), Ed Fury (Colossus and the Amazon Queen, 1960), George Maharis (The Satan Bug), Earl Holliman (The Rainmaker, 1956), Henry Silva (The Manchurian Candidate), Clu Gulager (TV's THe Virginian), Bernard Cribbins (The Railway Children, 1970)
1929: Carl Banas (TV's Spider-Man, 1967-1968), Jerry Adler (TV's The Sopranos), James Hong (Big Trouble in Little China), Don Murray (Bus Stop, 1956), Pat Cooper (Analyze This), Bob Newhart (TV's Bob Newhart), Ed Asner (TV's Mary Tyler Moore), Jerry Hardin (TV's The X-Files), Christopher Plummer (The Sound of Music), Tommy Rall (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers)
1930: Gene Hackman (The French Connection), Robert Wagner (TV's Hart to Hart), John Cullum (TV's The Day After), Scoey Mitchell (Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life is Calling), John Astin (TV's The Addams Family), Clive Revill (Avanti!), Alan Oppenheimer (TV's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe), Will Hutchins (TV's Sugarfoot, 1957-1961), James McEachin (Play Misty for Me), Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry), Ryszard Ronczewski (Kaddisch fur einen Freund, 2012)

DIRECTORS:

1922: Tony Charmoli (TV's Lidsville, 1971), Bert I. Gordon (Village of the Giants)
1923: Madeline Anderson (I Am Somebody, 1969)
1924: Robert M. Young (Dominick & Eugene)
1925: Peter Brook (Marat/Sade, 1966)
1926: Roger Corman (Little Shop of Horrors, 1960), Mel Brooks (Blazing Saddles), Norman Jewison (Fiddler on the Roof)
1927: Kenneth Anger (Scorpio Rising), Jerry Schatzberg (Panic in Needle Park), Marcel Ophuls (The Sorrow & the Pity)
1928: William Klein (Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee), James Ivory (The Remains of the Day), Lina Wertmuller (Swept Away)
1929: Alejandro Jodorowsky (El Topo, 1970), Mark Rydell (On Golden Pond), Alain Tanner (Jonah Who Will Be 25 in the Year 2000), Michael Snow (Corpus Callosum)
1930: Frederick Wiseman (Titicut Follies, 1967), Richard Donner (Superman, 1978)

PRODUCERS:

1921: Walter Mirisch (West Side Story)
1922: Norman Lear (TV's All in the Family)
1923: Stan Waterman (Blue Water, White Death)
1925: Alberto Grimaldi (The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)
1927: Arthur Cohn (The Garden of the Finzi-Continis)
1929: Sandy Frank (TV's Battle of the Planets), Sid Krofft (Pufnstuf), Joan Ganz Cooney (TV's Sesame Street)
1930: Albert Ruddy (The Godfather), Frank Price (TV's The Virginian, 1963-1967)

MISCELLANEOUS:

1919: Walter Bernstein (screenwriter, Fail Safe)
1920: Norma Barzman (screenwriter, Never Say Goodbye)
1921: Hugh Downs (TV's 20/20)
1923: Guiseppe Rotunno (cinematographer, Fellini Satyricon), Józef Hen (novelist/screenwriter: The Boxer, 1963)
1924: Sheldon Harnick (lyricist: Fiddler on the Roof), Gerda Klein (author: One Survivor Remembers, 1996), Johnny Gilbert (Announcer: TV's Jeopardy!), Lee Adams (lyricist: Bye Bye Birdie)
1925: Sonny Fox (host of TV's Wonderama), Theodorakis (composer: Zorba the Greek), Alan Bergman (composer: TV's Maude)
1926: Gene Shalit (critic), Peter Marshall (host: TV's Hollywood Squares), David Attenborough (host: TV's The Living Planet), Sandy Kossin (poster designer: Becket), Murray Schisgal (screenwriter: Tootsie)
1927: John Kander (composer: Cabaret)
1928: Roger Mudd (broadcaster), Tom Jones (librettist: The Fantasticks), Burt Bacharach (composer: Alfie), Charles Strouse (composer: TV's All in the Family), Richard M. Sherman (composer: Mary Poppins' Chim Chim Cheree), Ennio Morricone (composer: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)
1929: Billy Williams (cinematographer: Gandhi), Barbara Walters (broadcast journalist), Marilyn Bergman (songwriter: The Way We Were)
1930: Stephen Sondheim (composer: Sweeney Todd)

Lenona.

Libbie

Jul 1, 2020, 10:19:16 AM7/1/20
Sean Connery should be listed in the Actors group, born 1930.

leno...@yahoo.com

Jul 1, 2020, 1:36:01 PM7/1/20
Excuse me? His birthday is in August.

Btw, I moved Madeleine Anderson to the Directors' list.

That Derek

Jul 1, 2020, 3:16:23 PM7/1/20
Miss Lenona's list is awesome and greatly appreciated!!! Thanks for having a 90 year-old cut-off.

David Carson, of this forum, used to post a list of celebrities aged 80+. Though it was equally appreciated, the Carson list had, thereupon, far too many octogenarians which made it a trifle unwieldy.

Dug

Jul 1, 2020, 4:22:52 PM7/1/20

Edith Meinhard was in the Louise Brooks silent film Diary of a Lost Girl. I was under the impression that when Baby Peggy died recently she was the last of the silent actresses and an era had officially ended. Maybe they meant American actors only. Meinhard is German...and she would be 111 years old. I know that IMDB considers her living but is there any other verification?

leno...@yahoo.com

Jul 1, 2020, 5:08:30 PM7/1/20
From what I can tell, her German Wikipedia page claims she died post-1942, but that's likely just a reflection of the fact that her last movie was in 1942.

Another tiny source says she died circa 1945, but that sounds like just a guess to me.

I'm merely hoping that some film insider will see the list and update the IMDb.

Lenona.

Libbie

Jul 2, 2020, 12:39:26 PM7/2/20
On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 1:36:01 PM UTC-4, leno...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Excuse me? His birthday is in August.
>
> Btw, I moved Madeleine Anderson to the Directors' list.

You're right, apologies.

Louis Epstein

Jul 5, 2020, 10:46:48 AM7/5/20
leno...@yahoo.com wrote:

> ACTRESSES:

> 1911: Renee Simonot
> 1916: Olivia de Havilland

I mentioned previously that de Havilland (now 104) was cast as second
understudy in a 1934 production of A Midsummer Night's Dream where
she wound up playing the part after first choice Gloria Stuart(1910-2010)
and first understudy Jean Rouverol(1916-2017) pulled out...now I learn
that Simonot (turns 109 in September) was de Havilland's dubbing voice
in French...a curious longevity cluster indeed!

-=-=-

leno...@yahoo.com

Jul 5, 2020, 8:29:18 PM7/5/20
Speaking of Gloria Stuart...know what's weird?

One of Halliwell's guides (circa 1990) claims she died in 1983!

Of course, that edition was published before "Titanic."

bill...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2020, 10:21:13 PM7/5/20
On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 1:07:10 AM UTC-4, leno...@yahoo.com wrote:
I think you meant Gena Rowlands, not Gena Reynolds.

And of course, Hugh Downs passed away on the day this was posted.

leno...@yahoo.com

Jul 5, 2020, 10:39:16 PM7/5/20
Very likely that happened because of this damn "auto-correct."

leno...@yahoo.com

Jul 8, 2020, 12:59:59 AM7/8/20
I should have included another actor whose 90th birthday was this January.

Namely, Henry Woolf, who was in "The Lion in Winter," "The Ruling Class," and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" - but is likely best known for playing, in 1977, the bald, fiendish Collector in "The Sun Makers" (Doctor Who).

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0941146/

He also worked with Harold Pinter in his early days.

That Derek

Jul 9, 2020, 12:44:58 AM7/9/20
>> 1930: <snip> Gena Reynolds (A Woman Under the Influence)

Surely, Ms. Lenona means Gena Rowlands NOT Gena Reynolds.

leno...@yahoo.com

Jul 9, 2020, 1:21:10 AM7/9/20
Um, didn't you see what I wrote at the end of July 5th?