Congressman, Native American: When political correctness runs amok -- erasing our history doesn't change it

Leroy N. Soetoro

Aug 29, 2017, 5:00:56 PM8/29/17
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/21/congressman-native-american-
when-political-correctness-runs-amok-erasing-our-history-doesnt-change-
it.html

The conversation happening in our nation in light of recent events is more
about political correctness than the issue at hand. Neo-Nazis, white
supremacists, and terrorists are bad people. The ideals of these groups
are in opposition to everything our nation stands for and everything that
holds true to our founding principles. Their hatred of people dissimilar
to them is un-American and it should not be tolerated under any
circumstances.

Days ago, my colleague in the Senate, Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey,
announced that he plans to introduce legislation that would remove all of
the statues in the U.S. Capitol that honored Confederate soldiers. House
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has also called for the elimination of such
statues. I respect their rights as elected officials to put forth
legislation they believe is in the best interest of their constituents,
however I simply do not agree.

As a Cherokee, I can attest to the fact that Native Americans have been on
the losing side of history. Our rights have been infringed upon, our
treaties have been broken, our culture has been stolen, and our tribes
have been decimated at the hands of our own United States government.
Native Americans have faced centuries of atrocities to their people, their
land, and their culture – all under various presidents who took an oath of
office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United
States.

When we censor our history by disguising our scars, we belittle the
struggles our ancestors fought so hard to overcome. America doesn't cower
behind political correctness. It defiantly and courageously moves forward,
with its history as a reminder of where we have been.

Under President Andrew Jackson in 1830, our government passed the Indian
Removal Act that drove thousands of Native Americans out of their homes on
the treacherous journey better known as the Trail of Tears. Under
President Franklin Pierce in 1854, parts of Indian Territory were stolen
from tribes to create the Kansas and Nebraska Territories. Under
President Abraham Lincoln, the Sand Creek massacre occurred in 1864 when
the U.S. Army attacked the Cheyenne and Arapaho tribes unprovoked, killing
about 250 Native Americans. The Dawes Act of 1887 gave President Grover
Cleveland the power to take back tribal land and redistribute the land to
native people as individuals, not as tribal members. Under President
Benjamin Harrison in 1890, the Wounded Knee massacre took the lives of 150
Native Americans. Under President Theodore Roosevelt in 1907, Indian and
Oklahoma territories were unified to create the state of Oklahoma after
Congress refused to consider a petition to make Indian Territory a
separate state. President Roosevelt is even quoted as saying: “I don’t go
so far as to think that the only good Indians are the dead Indians, but I
believe nine out of every 10 are.”

Let me ask you this: Is history not an opportunity to learn from one’s
mistakes? When we fall short of the high standard we set for our nation
and its citizens, we make mistakes. What's most important is that our
nation remembers and learns from them. As soon as we forget about our
history, we are bound to repeat the same errors.

Still, we have professional athletes like Colin Kaepernick who refuse to
stand during the national anthem and others who stand in solidarity with
him in protest of the United States. To what end? To protest this
country, a country that I love and my friends have died to defend? As an
American, you have the right to protest me, or another individual, or a
group, but I believe that protesting the United States for the mistakes it
has made – when it gave you the freedom to do so in the first place – is
disrespectful. Any attempt to coerce the United States into erasing our
history is disingenuous. Especially, when our country has learned from
the mistakes it has made and is determined not to repeat them.

Should we erase our history in the name of being politically correct? Can
we not all agree that it is what shaped our country to be the great nation
it is today? One that we know to be full of freedoms, liberties, and
rights that other nations only dream of?

The removal of Confederate statues in the U.S. Capitol doesn’t change our
history. The removal of these statues merely attempts to disguise our
ugly scars by hiding these statues out of plain sight. In an imperfect
world, full of imperfect leaders, there are countless statues that may not
live up to our American values. The statues of President Jackson and
President Lincoln, both fervent oppressors of Native Americans, stand tall
in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol. Still, these statues tell the history
of the good and the bad of our nation.

America is – and will always be – a success story. We have African
Americans, Native Americans, Hispanics, and members of other ethnic groups
elected to positions inside our governments. The American free enterprise
system is the greatest tool to lift people out of poverty ever created in
human history and when applied properly, does not discriminate by race,
religion, or skin color. When we censor our history by disguising our
scars, we belittle this process and the struggles our ancestors fought so
hard to overcome. America doesn't cower behind political correctness. It
defiantly and courageously moves forward, with its history as a reminder
of where we have been. Let us look boldly into our history and learn the
lessons that made us the “shining city on the hill” and the example for
all other peoples.

Republican Markwayne Mullin represents Oklahoma’s 2nd congressional
district.

parade of the democrat party has run out of gas.

Congratulations President Trump. Thank you for ending the disaster of the
Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.

Chief Crazy Nigger From The Reserve

Aug 29, 2017, 6:19:21 PM8/29/17
Leroy N. Soetoro wrote

> http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/21/congressman-native-
> merican-
> when-political-correctness-runs-amok-erasing-our-history-
doesn
> t-change- it.html

Confederates lost. Don't celebrate traitors, slavers and
losers.

Americans should renounce Confederate leaders the same way
Germans renounce Hitler

Ever wonder why there are no statues of Adolf Hitler in Berlin?

It's a question that President Trump should consider when
declaring that monuments to Confederate leaders are part of our
nation's great "history and culture." Hitler was part of German
history and culture, too. But to this day, Germany rejects him
as a traitor to his people.

Every American should feel the same way about the leaders of
the Confederacy as Germans feel towards Hitler. The Confederacy
was an act of treason against the United States of America, its
Constitution and one of its greatest Presidents. But alas,
there are still close to 700 Confederate monuments strewn
across the South. And President Trump — who, ironically, often
says he's the best President since Lincoln — wants to maintain
them.

But the President is drawing the wrong history lesson from
these statues and memorials. Monuments are never about history
itself. They merely represent what the people putting up the
monument think about history at the moment that the monument is
being installed. That's why there were once so many statues of
Lenin in the Soviet Union, yet so few now. Every generation
gets to write history the way it wants. And every next
generation gets to rewrite it.

So it's no surprise that most of these monuments to our
so-called national culture were installed in two major periods
of Southern racist backlash: the era of Jim Crow segregation in
the 1910s and 1920s and the Civil Rights era in the 1950s and
1960s (historian Kenneth Kruse's chart makes this point very
clearly).

These monuments were put up by a succeeding generation to
recast the earlier event, in this case that Confederate
secession was not a traitorous act against the United States of
America, but a noble effort to defend the honor of the South —
with whites playing the starring roles.

Perhaps President Trump should recall the lesson of Benedict
Arnold. Just like Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, Jefferson
Davis and everyone who swore allegiance to the Confederacy,
Arnold was a traitor to his country. He won many great battles
early in the Revolutionary War, but because he betrayed his
nation, there are no monument to him anywhere in this country.
In fact, a monument to the Revolution in Saratoga has places
for statues in each of its four corners, but only three statues
are there: Horatio Gates, General Philip Schuyler and Colonel
Daniel Morgan. The place where Arnold's statue should be, given
his heroism at Saratoga, is empty.

Nearby is a statue of a boot. Arnold famously injured his foot
in the battle, yet fought on bravely. The plaque on the boot
monument reads, "In memory of the most brilliant soldier of the
Continental army, who was desperately wounded on this spot,
winning for his countrymen the decisive battle of the American
Revolution, and for himself the rank of Major General."

Arnold's name is not on the monument — a statement by the later
generation that his traitorous acts left him unworthy of
respect (tellingly, there's a monument to Arnold in England,
the nation he aided in deceit).

The Jim Crow and anti-Civil Rights Southerners who put up
monuments to their heroes saw treason differently than the
Americans who put up the Saratoga monument. The Southern goal
was two-fold: a) to intimidate blacks and b) to ensure that
their leaders would be celebrated as part of our culture. Now
the President is serving both agendas with his horrific
tweeting on Thursday.

These statues are not part of our culture. They are part of a
racist effort to turn a segregationist, traitorous movement
into a part of our culture.

That effort must fail — and would fail if the President would
find the moral integrity to just get out of the way and let
today's generation recast history for itself.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/u-s-confederate-
leaders
-germans-hitler-article-1.3420013

Chief Crazy Nigger From The Reserve

Jun 1, 2019, 5:42:28 PM6/1/19

Byker

Jun 1, 2019, 7:53:28 PM6/1/19
"Chief Crazy Nigger From The Reserve" wrote in message

> Ever wonder why there are no statues of Adolf Hitler in Berlin?

It won't be that way forever. Give it time...
Disney CEO Bob Iger: 'Hitler would have loved social media'

Yahoo News
April 11, 2019
https://news.yahoo.com/disney-ceo-bob-iger-hitler-would-have-loved-social-media-154325786.html

"Good propaganda does not need to lie, indeed it may not lie. It has no
reason to fear the truth. It is a mistake to believe that people cannot take
the truth. They can. It is only a matter of presenting the truth to people
in a way that they will be able to understand. A propaganda that lies proves
that it has a bad cause. It cannot be successful in the long run."

- Joseph Goebbels

How Many Germans Secretly Admire Hitler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZi67BmY_M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGQcw52KQQ

The success of a newly released film in which Adolf Hitler is resurrected
and returns to Germany reveals a sobering reality.

BY BRAD MACDONALD
OCTOBER 29, 2015

Imagine if Adolf Hitler were resurrected and plunked down in the center of
Berlin or Dusseldorf or a sleepy German village in rural Bavaria. What would
the 20th-century despot think of modern Germany? More interestingly, what
would modern Germans think of Hitler?

This is the plotline of Look Who’s Back, a new film recently released in
Germany. Look Who’s Back is based on the bestselling novel by Timur Vermes,
and is a Borat-style satirical film in which Adolf Hitler comes to life and
attempts to start a life in modern Germany. In the film, the resurrected
Hitler travels the country, making observations, stirring up trouble, and,
most interestingly, interviewing ordinary Germans. When Hitler sees Angela
Merkel, he describes her as a “clumsy woman with the charisma of a wet
noodle.” When he learns that Poland is still in existence, he acts
surprised, remarking, “… and in German territory no less.”

Look Who’s Back has been a massive hit, at least by German standards. In its
first two weeks it sold more than 1 million tickets and made more than $10
million. Last weekend, it snatched first spot from Pixar’s Inside Out,
making it the number one recent release in Germany. The movie is already
being prepared for international release.

Although it’s only a movie, more than a few commentators—many of whom are
Germans, including the film’s director, David Wnendt—have expressed concern
at what this movie has apparently uncovered. Deutsche Welle explained the
reception Hitler and his film crew received as they traveled across Germany.
“Everywhere they went, they got similar reactions: passersby who cheer
Hitler on as he drives past, stand upright and make the Hitler salute. Many
took photos.” The Washington Post interviewed Wnendt: “Most of these people
react to the sight of one of the 20th century’s vilest leaders with
excitement and amusement. They pose for selfies with the feared Nazi leader
and perform the famous Hitler salute for him” (emphasis added).

The Hitler salute is actually illegal in Germany, but these people didn’t
mind—and neither did the authorities, it would seem.

I realize that we’re talking about a movie, and a comedy at that. But isn’t
this a little odd and somewhat disconcerting? What should we make of the
fact that most of the people Hitler came into contact with greeted him
warmly and enthusiastically? Does this reveal a worrying complacency with
Hitler and his despicable legacy?

Get this. Of the 300 hours of video footage of Hitler conversing with the
German public, there were only two incidences of individuals responding
negatively to this actor playing Hitler. One occurred in Bayreuth, Bavaria,
where a man walked up to Hitler and said: “In the year 2014, if someone
comes to the central square in Bayreuth pretending to be Hitler, and if that
is tolerated by the general public, then I have to say: ‘This is bad for
Germany’ … ‘and if it were up to me, I would have you chased off.’”

This man’s point is absolutely legitimate, but what’s incredible is that
only one man expressed it!

During his interview with the Post, Wnendt—a German himself—shared how
surprised he was by how many ordinary Germans had no qualms about conversing
with Hitler, and at the same time expressed xenophobic, racist views about
foreigners living in Germany. One woman complained that Germany’s problems
were the result of foreigners living in Germany. One man explained that
immigrants from Africa had caused Germany’s IQ to drop by 20 percent.
Another complained that foreigners could do whatever they wanted because
Germans were too full of guilt about World War ii. “We Germans are not
allowed to open our mouths because we still have that stigma,” he said.

These people made these remarks on camera, while in conversation with a man
made to look like Adolf Hitler.

Another thing too: This entire movie was filmed in the summer of 2014—long
before the current migrant crisis!

One scene in particular caught Wnendt by surprise. The aim of the scene was
to see if Hitler could persuade a group of soccer fans to assault a man
(another actor) who was making anti-German remarks. Wnendt recalled how
surprised he was by how quickly Hitler was able to incite the young Germans
to violence. If Hitler didn’t step in, Wnendt recalls, they would have
beaten up this man.

“The largely positive reaction to Hitler among Germans may remind some of
the way Mao Zedong is treated in China, or Joseph Stalin in some parts of
Russia—as a kitsh curio,” the Post reported. “These extreme opinions are not
coming from the fringes, but from the center,’ Wnendt explained. [They’re]
not neo-Nazis, but normal middle-class people.”

Again, isn’t this disconcerting? It seems that Adolf Hitler, one of the
cruelest men in history and a man once met with repulsion and disgust, is
today more of a curiosity and amusement. According to Wnendt, ‘If you put
him [Hitler] on a T-shirt, I think people would buy it.” This film, and its
terrific success, reveals an alarming complacency—and even an affinity—for
Hitler. This film, and the millions who watch it, trivialize the history of
Hitler, the murder of 6 million Jews, and the entire history of World War
ii. The history of the Holocaust includes some of the most despicable
behavior ever committed by humans. Shouldn’t that history be untouchable, at
least by comedians? Isn’t it a little worrying that there is a healthy
appetite for these sorts of films? Shouldn’t we be concerned that in 2015
Germany, Hitler sells?

“It’s hard to say just how many people in Germany openly, or behind closed
doors, support the NDP [a far-right party with neo-Nazi views] and how many
would tell you over a beer that things under Hitler really weren’t that
bad,” Deutsche Welle wrote. “What the film makes clear—albeit in an
over-the-top way—is that Nazi criminal Adolf Hitler is actually not quite as
omniscient as we Germans tend to believe.”

Hitler is making a comeback right now in another way too. On January 1, Mein
Kampf (My Struggle), Hitler’s defining manifesto outlining his radical
views—and his ambitions—will enter the public domain. The copyright for Mein
Kampf has been held by the state of Bavaria since the war, but when it
expires December 31, the book will be available to publish and distribute.
There has been an ongoing debate in Germany over whether or not Mein Kampf
should be allowed to be published. Some, mainly Jews and Jewish
organizations, want the book to be banned. They fear it could open a Pandora’s
box of issues and troubles. But the majority—arguing in the interests of
freedom of speech and freedom of the press—believe Mein Kampf ought to be
published and made freely available.

So, starting next year, Mein Kampf will be available for purchase in German
and French.

What are we to make of this newfound fascination in Germany with Adolf
Hitler? Should we be concerned that the German people, in general, seem to
view Adolf Hitler with curiosity and amusement and, in many cases,
affection? I discussed this issue earlier this week on the Trumpet Daily
Radio Show. Since Monday, I’ve had three to four e-mails from listeners
supporting the suggestion that more Germans than most people realize have a
soft spot for Hitler. One man commented: “Make no mistake; the belief that
Hitler was a ‘good leader’ is very prevalent in Germany! I was married to a
German (in another lifetime). Her parents, middle-class, hard-working
people, held just that view—[that] Hitler was a good leader. He did much
good for the country. That is a view that has never been eradicated from the
German thinking.”

https://tinyurl.com/y2ekgkmj

Chief Crazy Nigger From The Reserve

Nov 5, 2019, 9:50:11 AM11/5/19