Chino on Maynard and Tool

Next Fool Martyr

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
I just watched an interview with the Deftones on MuchMusic, and Chino had a
bit to say about Tool. The most interesting part, i thought, was he said
something along the lines of, "you go in to a tool rehearsal, and they have
all their songs mapped out, like a big huge math problem. They just have a
totally different style." he also discussed how Maynard took the idea Chino
had for the song Passenger, and wrote the lyrics to get that idea across. I
thought it was a cool interview. Of course, i love hearing anything about
Maynard......

Next Fool Martyr

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
Also, later on, they talked about possibly touring with Tool, if the new
record is done in time. i'm not a hardcore deftones fan or anything, but
i'd love to see them perform passenger together.

"Next Fool Martyr" <an...@anon.com> wrote in message

Scarab

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
time/dates of when the interview took place? I'm kinda interested in
seeing it.

thx
-S

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:39:32 GMT, "Next Fool Martyr" <an...@anon.com>

Next Fool Martyr

Nov 14, 2000, 12:34:23 AM11/14/00
it was just on for the first time today, live. it was around 4:00 p.m. AST,
so that's 3:00 EST..

"Scarab" <mteh...@videotechnologies.com> wrote in message

asmall...@my-deja.com

Nov 14, 2000, 12:52:03 AM11/14/00
i don't really like deftones...but that song maynard sings with
them...is bad ass...maynard's voice in it is so powerful, it's the
clearest scream....plus that guy chino is hot....there's just something
about him....whoooo....enough of that.
~kendra

In article <h2YP5.3225$rm4....@sodalite.nbnet.nb.ca>,

"Next Fool Martyr" <an...@anon.com> wrote:
> I just watched an interview with the Deftones on MuchMusic, and Chino
had a
> bit to say about Tool. The most interesting part, i thought, was he
said
> something along the lines of, "you go in to a tool rehearsal, and
they have
> all their songs mapped out, like a big huge math problem. They just
have a
> totally different style." he also discussed how Maynard took the
idea Chino
> had for the song Passenger, and wrote the lyrics to get that idea
across. I
> thought it was a cool interview. Of course, i love hearing anything
about
> Maynard......

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

bottom feeder

Nov 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/14/00

"the slurpeeee girl" <siur...@aol.commode> wrote in message
> asmallvictory wrote:
> >you know funny thing is....i didn't mean chino..i mixed up the names(i
> >dont' listen to deftones)....i meant the other one is it CHI? the bass
> >player....he's the hot one! am a really psyco now? haaaa there is just
> >something about that bass player...even though i like chunky
> >dudes...haaa
>
> I could be wrong, but if memory serves me Stephen Carpenter plays
bass...the
> one with the long hair? Yum. I couldn't agree more. (Heh I probably
mixed up
> everyone in the band, I'm kinda tired.)

Camillo (Chino) Moreno - Vocals, Guitar
Stef Carpenter - Guitar
Chi Cheng - Bass
Abe Cunningham - Drums
Frank Delgado - Turntables

-Dan
still no .sig

"Damn if feels good to be a gangsta" - Geto Boys

the slurpeeee girl

Nov 14, 2000, 8:06:31 PM11/14/00
asmallvictory wrote:
>plus that guy chino is hot.

Ehhh, not anymore. He got kind of chunky. Evil as I feel saying that, it's
true.

peace, love, empathy,
slurpeeee girl

"To fear death is to misunderstand life." - David Menzies

asmall...@my-deja.com

Nov 14, 2000, 9:13:12 PM11/14/00
you know funny thing is....i didn't mean chino..i mixed up the names(i
dont' listen to deftones)....i meant the other one is it CHI? the bass
player....he's the hot one! am a really psyco now? haaaa there is just
something about that bass player...even though i like chunky
dudes...haaa
~kendra
In article <20001114200631...@ng-ch1.aol.com>,

the slurpeeee girl

Nov 14, 2000, 11:54:44 PM11/14/00
asmallvictory wrote:
>you know funny thing is....i didn't mean chino..i mixed up the names(i
>dont' listen to deftones)....i meant the other one is it CHI? the bass
>player....he's the hot one! am a really psyco now? haaaa there is just
>something about that bass player...even though i like chunky
>dudes...haaa

I could be wrong, but if memory serves me Stephen Carpenter plays bass...the

one with the long hair? Yum. I couldn't agree more. (Heh I probably mixed up
everyone in the band, I'm kinda tired.)

peace, love, empathy,

Joshua

Nov 15, 2000, 12:46:20 AM11/15/00
just to clarify...
chino Moreno - vocals / guitar
chi change - bass / backup
stephan carpenter - guitar
abe cunningham - drums
frank delgado - dj

god, I love the deftones :)

Joshua

Nov 15, 2000, 12:48:26 AM11/15/00
fuck man, you beat me too it...

Carslinger2000

Nov 15, 2000, 1:28:54 AM11/15/00
when i saw them in worcester in july ...chino looked as skinny as i've seen
him....or maybe i was jst really fkd up...but i don't think so

Mark Jacobson

Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
in article 20001115012854...@ng-fb1.aol.com, Carslinger2000 at
carslin...@aol.com wrote on 11/14/00 10:28 PM:

> when i saw them in worcester in july ...chino looked as skinny as i've seen
> him....or maybe i was jst really fkd up...but i don't think so

Chino certainly looks heavy in the video they released earlier this year,
but in Europe this August he seemed fit in person.

-Jr.