Hello.

John Mulhausen

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99

Andrew Miller

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
In article <NH4Z2.8618$G....@news.rdc1.il.home.com>,
Eric Agnew <on-...@spam.no> wrote:
>Also sprach John Mulhausen:
>>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/4767/
>
>Fuck me with a broomstick... Mashed Potatoes in RealAudio??!!
>Man...

Listening to "Moleasskiss" right now. Not at all like I imagined it would
sound like. Gish era sounding rocker. Cool-ass solo though! Old school!

andy
you and i high in the sky

--
* email: and...@tdl.com
* homepage: http://www.tdl.com/~andrewm + know it + use it + love it

Eric Agnew

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

Fuck me with a broomstick... Mashed Potatoes in RealAudio??!!
Man...

<waits for the inevitable ebay CDR's sourced from the RA files... and the
50k requests (and rude -demands-) that they be made into mp3 instead>

--
Eric Agnew ag...@no-spam.dexter.outlook.net

NickPF111

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

>Also sprach John Mulhausen:
>>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/4767/
>
>Fuck me with a broomstick... Mashed Potatoes in RealAudio??!!
>Man...
>
><waits for the inevitable ebay CDR's sourced from the RA files... and the
>50k requests (and rude -demands-) that they be made into mp3 instead>

Hey this is awesome! Thanks man. Moleasskiss rules.

Trade bootlegs with Me:
www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stadium/9465/

"Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
Cause I speak of the pompitous of love" -- Steve Miller

Andrew Watson

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
John Mulhausen gave us:
>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/4767/

Woah...

The verse in Cinder reminds me of Jellybelly.

And...<chokes>...Mayonaise, man.

Thanks, John.

Andrew Watson
awa...@wantree.com.au
http://squid.iscool.net

Aagje

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

I don't know what to say...

Maybe I know: How could you!!!? (This would keep people occupied for
years otherwise)

Thanks man!! I don't know how you got these, and I don't want to know,
but: Ooooh! -> You want a ruler? - You rule!!!!

Great!!! And thanks again!!!!!

(Oh man, this really makes me feel happy!)
Jeroen

In article <3734D038...@ou.edu>, joh...@ou.edu says...
> http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/4767/

Pandora

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
kick ass.....you rule. thanx again!!!! any clue where the mp3s could be
located?

Pandora

John Mulhausen <joh...@ou.edu> wrote in message

Ryan Nims

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
On Sat, 08 May 1999 19:00:56 -0500, John Mulhausen <joh...@ou.edu>
wrote:

>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/4767/
>
>--
excuse me while i pull the debris of my ass from the keyboard i
smashed in excitement........it was that good man.........ahhhhhhh.
my good lord........someone get John Mulhausen a drink...it's on me.

Quickly follows is the first Van Halen number one song ever, "Jump," which by now is
causing your brain to phosphorescent mustard, but is worthy of a gold star. -Billy in 1984

Aagje

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
Anyone know about a program to convert .ra into .mp3 ?

Jeroen
(Who is still being overly impressed by John Mulhausen - How did he get
these somgs???)

np: Over You (live 1990)

In article <7h35o4$24b$1...@nntp8.atl.mindspring.net>,
pand...@mindspring.com says...

Ryan Nims

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
On Sun, 9 May 1999 01:19:21 -0400, "Pandora"
<pand...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>kick ass.....you rule. thanx again!!!! any clue where the mp3s could be
>located?

and so the prophecys of Agnew come true.........

Tim Byron.

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
John Mulhausen <joh...@ou.edu>:
>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/4767/

This...is....ahhh...

I can't think of an adjective that will describe it.

This year has been...(another lack of adjective)
First the Jimmy rumours.
Then the Jimmy reality.
Then the shows. I mean...La Dolly Vita.
The new songs. Rock and roll. You say I'm beautiful. The last rose of sorrow.
Then the official website.
Then the quality video on the official website.
Then this Gish retrospective, whatever comes of it.
The promise of interesting stuff from Sketch's friend Lela.
The promise of a new album later this year.
The promise of b-sides.
This Hexen band that was on that show.
Mmmmmashed Potatoes appearing anonymously on a website.

What's left?
What is left for us to have?
The original acoustic adore sessions turning up?
It's only May! 5 months into the year! What is yet to come?
If someone had said that at the start of the year, that the pumpkins would return,
*with Jimmy*, that they would play *La Dolly Vita*, that their new songs would rock,
that they're be a proper official website, that they'd actually release a new album
within 18 months of the last one, that we'd find out about Hexen and that Mashed
Potatoes would become widely available, who'd have believed it?
Who'd have believed it?

tim.
*shaking head*
ICQ: 9593857. http://www.zip.com.au/~winsloe/shada.html
'You send her mental, sentimental you.'
remove the bizza to email if you wish...

DAVEfromSU

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
could someone put these all on a tape for me and maybe set up a trade? i can
downoad them but am having major problems with net congestion. if someone can
get them all on a tape i would appreciate it. email me and let me know.

dave

WalrusSP

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
Convert to wav with RA2WAV:
<http://filedudes.nsiweb.com/win95/mencode/files/ra2wav.exe>

You can either output a high quality wav or the default (11,025 Hz, 16 Bit,
Mono) and find an MP3 encoder that will handle that (AudioCatalyst wouldn't,
but the old FhG Layer-3 producer did it fine)

np: Vanilla (!)

Steve Hamel
Walr...@prodigy.net
Steve's Beatles Page
http://pages.prodigy.net/walrussp/beatles/

"We don't mean to brag, we don't mean to boast,
but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast"
Sugar Hill Gang - "Rapper's Delight"

Aagje <jer...@quackquack.com> wrote in message

> Anyone know about a program to convert .ra into .mp3 ?
>
> Jeroen
> (Who is still being overly impressed by John Mulhausen - How did he get
> these somgs???)
>
> np: Over You (live 1990)
>

> In article <7h35o4$24b$1...@nntp8.atl.mindspring.net>,
> pand...@mindspring.com says...

> > kick ass.....you rule. thanx again!!!! any clue where the mp3s could be
> > located?

WalrusSP

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

WalrusSP

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

WalrusSP

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
Sorry guys for the multiple posts. Stupid server tells me it "timed out".
Stupid microsoft trash...

"Country music played on the radio so I turned it off"
NOFX - "Together On The Sand"

WalrusSP <Walr...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

DAVEfromSU

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
>within 18 months of the last one, that we'd find out about Hexen and that

>Mashed
>Potatoes would become widely available, who'd have believed it?
> Who'd have believed it?

my sentiments EXACTLY. (by the way i got them working fine). The mashed
potatoes turning up is probably just as if not more sicnifigant then a new
album or jimmy's return. For those of us who are long time pumpkins
fans...this is the Fucking Holy Grail.

Long Live John Mulhausen in what may go down as the most important post ever.
I really don't think I am exaggerating either

BTW...one thing has also struck me. Anyone notice the similarity between the
new materail from Arising and the sound of these ancient demos? Rawk forever!

dave

Andrew Watson

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

Tim Byron. wrote in message <37351c80...@news.zip.com.au>...

<Dabs at brow with a moist flannel>

Calm yourself Tim. You don't want to overheat.

David Hamilton

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

Eric Agnew wrote:

> Also sprach John Mulhausen:
> >http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/4767/
>
> Fuck me with a broomstick... Mashed Potatoes in RealAudio??!!
> Man...

I wouldn't quite go as far as to do that... but yes. it is quite shocking.
that this appears now. and so anonymously. although, i suppose that isn't
quite a surprise. However, that alone proves that it is not the workings of
one David Rapiejko.

> <waits for the inevitable ebay CDR's sourced from the RA files... and the
> 50k requests (and rude -demands-) that they be made into mp3 instead>

Yes. Such is life on ams-p, unfortunately. Man. Ebay sucks.

Mike

bugg superstar

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
David Hamilton wrote:

> Eric Agnew wrote:
>
> > Also sprach John Mulhausen:
> > >http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/4767/

I...I... nothing is on the site. uh... please... help ......
AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"you say i'm beautiful? well i can't help it.

Christopher Hill

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

John Mulhausen wrote:

> http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/4767/

Damn! After 2.5 years of searching for the Simon Coyle tapes, the songs
get posted to a website that is down by the time I find out about it!
If anyone could point me in the direction of another website that has
them mirrored, I would be eternally grateful.

Chris "Chill" Hill

Jason Briggeman

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

"Hello."????

Don't you mean, "HHHHHHHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOH!!!!!!!!!!!!9999999999999"

I'm reminded of Neil Armstrong's first words when stepping onto the moon:
"Holy Living Fuck!"

--
Jason Briggeman
brig...@nwu.edu

Eric Agnew

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
Also sprach Jason Briggeman:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! MAN WALKS ON FUCKING MOON!!!

Ahh, the onion.. :)
--
Eric Agnew ag...@no-spam.dexter.outlook.net

Esty3

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

said:

>tim.
>*shaking head*

It is indeed a great time to be a fan. Is this the great pumpkin comeback we
have all been waiting for. Are sp finally giving the hardcore/long time fans
what they have wanted. Hopefully, this is just the begining. No wonder my
little brother is begining to like them. Here is hoping Billy proves mtv and
especially rolling stone wrong for voting Kurt Cobain as artist of the decade.

Steven

Cap'n Lance Trousers

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
In our last episode of alt.music.smash-pumpkins,
win...@bizza.zip.com.au (Tim Byron.) said:

>If someone had said that at the start of the year, that the pumpkins would return,
>*with Jimmy*, that they would play *La Dolly Vita*, that their new songs would rock,
>that they're be a proper official website, that they'd actually release a new album
>within 18 months of the last one, that we'd find out about Hexen and that Mashed
>Potatoes would become widely available, who'd have believed it?
> Who'd have believed it?

Yeah, it is pretty strange. I get the impression that 1998 was the
year the band did what they wanted to do because they're artists, and
now 1999 is the year they do what the fans want because they're
entertainers. Not that the band had anything to do with Mashed
Potatoes getting outed, as far as we know. But everything else seems
like an attempt to smooth things over with fans who didn't like Adore,
or the Adore tour, and wanted the original lineup back, and the band
rocking, and playing older songs again, including not so obvious
choices. This is probably the best thing for the group to do,
although the danger is if they focus too much on being crowd pleasing
entertainers and let the artistic work and creativity suffer. That's
when groups become self-parodies, like Aerosmith. But I think SP is a
long way off from that because Billy keeps churning out good songs,
and hopefully they'll break up before they really slip and embarrass
themselves.