Kurt Cobain hated Pearl Jam?

Ayman Ahmad

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
Is this true?

nir...@delphi.com

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
Ayman Ahmad <aah...@acs3.acs.ucalgary.ca> writes:

>Is this true?

Yes, this is true. Cobain stated several times that he despised Pearl Jam
and their music. He did, however, say that he thought Eddie Vedder was a
"decent person". He hated Stone and Jeff the most out of PJ's band members.

JAMES T. BRADY

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96

He also hated Eddie Vedder!!!He was supposed to do a skit when he
appeared on SNL where he was going to play a character named "Eddie
Bedwetter"...and he was supposed to talk like Eddie does..as in mumble
and speak real low....but at the last minute he decided not to do it
because he didnt want to start a feud.....probably because he knew
that nirvana would get its ass whipped by pearl jam!!! =)

Michael

whiPpING b0Y

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
> > >Is this true?
> > Yes, this is true. Cobain stated several times that he despised Pearl Jam
> > and their music. He did, however, say that he thought Eddie Vedder was a
<snip>
> He also hated Eddie Vedder!!!He was supposed to do a skit when he
<snip>

hmmm...weird. especially when mr. vedder dedicated 'why go' to kurt

.______.______.______.______/.\______.______.______.______.
<"`'biTE 0nce,tWicE--ThRiCe;,`'`"'iF AnY m@N tHiRSt]]]]]]]]]>
|`blOod i5 0UR liFe.,'`~"', "'`",`'.,LEt h|M c0me unTO Me-|
+,"LusT f0r |t:"`;,.,`'"`;`: <z> ;,.';''';,..`'aNd dRinK"`'.+
|`'+LIvE thR0uGh it';..,`.,`.,,.'``.;.`'.";.,"`~';.,.`;.,`|
<<<<<<<sT@r>>>>>>>,.`;`...`."'.[iLiKePlEAsuResPiKeDwItHPa|n]>
^+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-\+/-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+^

action1

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
nir...@delphi.com wrote:
: Ayman Ahmad <aah...@acs3.acs.ucalgary.ca> writes:
:
: >Is this true?

: >
:
: Yes, this is true. Cobain stated several times that he despised Pearl Jam
: and their music. He did, however, say that he thought Eddie Vedder was a
: "decent person". He hated Stone and Jeff the most out of PJ's band members.

What about fellow gun lover Dave Abruzzese?

Rip Lore

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
But then again...Cobain is dead.

JAMES T. BRADY

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96

> What about fellow gun lover Dave Abruzzese?

What the hell are you talking about man???Gun lover!?!?!HUH!?!??

Michael

JAMES T. BRADY

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96

> <snip>
>
> hmmm...weird. especially when mr. vedder dedicated 'why go' to kurt

Do YOU know what you are even talking about...we are talking about how
Kurt hates Pearl Jam..not how Pearl Jam feels about Kurt..And besides,
since you dont know what you are talking about...im gonna clue you in
on something..."why go" is about a girl who was put in a drug rehab
facility because she got caught smoking marijuana......So how could he
dedicate it to Kurt??

Michael

RRapp096

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
Wasn't it "Go" he dedicated? Not "Why Go"?

I'm sure Kurt felt a little jealousy towards PJ...much in the same way
that PJ probably felt jealousy towards Nirvana. Much in the same way the
Rolling Stones and the Beatles were. Those two bands seemed to be
enemies...but...they admired each other's music...and tried to one-up one
another...in the end, Kurt quit before a clear "winner" was decided.

Besides...he's dead. He won't answer it himself...we are all speaking for
him. For all we know...PJ and Nirvana are actually studio musicians
formerly known as MilliVanili..and Eddie, Stone, Dave Grohl, Kurt and
likes are all just for show.

nir...@delphi.com

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
"JAMES T. BRADY" <j-b...@nwu.edu> writes:

>Do YOU know what you are even talking about...we are talking about how
>Kurt hates Pearl Jam..not how Pearl Jam feels about Kurt..And besides,
>since you dont know what you are talking about...im gonna clue you in
>on something..."why go" is about a girl who was put in a drug rehab
>facility because she got caught smoking marijuana......So how could he
>dedicate it to Kurt??

Actually, Eddie dedicated "Go" to Kurt in concert after Kurt had his near-
fatal drug overdose in Rome. I believe this is what the original poster
was referring to. They just got "Go" confused with "Why Go". It's a well
known fact that Eddie admired Kurt Cobain and held him in high regard, and
was highly distraught over Kurt's suicide (I was at the PJ concert in
Fairfax the day Kurt's body was discovered. After 3 songs Eddie nearly
canceled the rest of the show). As for Kurt, he told Eddie that he thought
he was a "decent human being" the first time they met at the MTV Video
Music Awards. At the same time, Cobain also said that he still hated
Vedder's band. ;)

wh!Pp|NG b0Y

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
On 7 Apr 1996, JAMES T. BRADY wrote:
> > hmmm...weird. especially when mr. vedder dedicated 'why go' to kurt
> Do YOU know what you are even talking about...we are talking about how
> Kurt hates Pearl Jam..not how Pearl Jam feels about Kurt..And besides,
> since you dont know what you are talking about...im gonna clue you in
> on something..."why go" is about a girl who was put in a drug rehab
> facility because she got caught smoking marijuana......So how could he
> dedicate it to Kurt??
> Michael
uhhh...ok james---errr...michael.....uh...whoever....
possibly i was talking about the wrong song. i dont really give a shit
what 'we' are talking about...*I* am talking about how Eddie Vedder
dedicated a song to Kurt Cobain...i THOUGHT it was 'why go' (and yes for
the love of mentos i know what the fuck that song is "about")but maybe it
was another one.
***also***
how can you say that the song is about a girl that was put in a rehab b/c
she was smoking marijuana? DAMN!!! you should have your own 1-900 #
since you can read people's minds....and you could determine what pearl
jam was thinking when the song was written....ahit!! you are gooood!!!!

(btw: i guess you know what im thinking now, so i wont tell you what you
can do with your gerbil...)

wh!Pp|NG b0Y

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
On 7 Apr 1996, RRapp096 wrote:
> Wasn't it "Go" he dedicated? Not "Why Go"?
> I'm sure Kurt felt a little jealousy towards PJ...much in the same way
> that PJ probably felt jealousy towards Nirvana. Much in the same way the
> Rolling Stones and the Beatles were. Those two bands seemed to be
> enemies...but...they admired each other's music...and tried to one-up one
> another...in the end, Kurt quit before a clear "winner" was decided.
<snip>
thank you! i got the wrong 'go' song...
thanks for setting me straight without being an ASSHOLE like *some* people...

cool.

-zac

Chad B Pimentel

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
wh!Pp|NG b0Y (zwes...@lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu) wrote:

: cool.

: -zac

Yeah, basically the deal was that Kurt was of the school of thought that
says that eddie is trying to produce art while Stone and Jeff have been
trying to be "rock stars" basically all along through Green River and
MLB. I think that it makes sense that Kurt and Eddie would have a lot of
things in common, and respect each other. A lot of times songwriters tend
to regard the back-up musicians as kind of hired hands, i mean Kurt was
quoted as saying that he couldn't bear the thought of touring with
Nirvana again, so I guess there's kind of a pattern there at least. And,
just to confuse the whole song issue, I heard that Eddie dedicated a
performance of "immortality" to Kurt; but dedicating a song and writing a
song about someone are two different things. Later.

Chad

"Can't we just dribble slightly and loll a bit to the left?" - DNA
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' til you can find a rock"
Chad Pimentel, Delta Upsilon, Penn '99 - pime...@sas.upenn.edu
"Always remember how you want to be remembered" - Me
"Anyone can play guitar" - Thom Yorke

JAMES T. BRADY

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96

> <snip>
> thank you! i got the wrong 'go' song...
> thanks for setting me straight without being an ASSHOLE like *some* people...
>

> cool.
>
> -zac

OK OK!!!I didnt know he dedicated any song to Kurt....so I apologize
for any "damage" I did to your "feelings".......and when asked what
"why go" was about...Eddie stated that it was about a girl that he
knew and her situation...and so he wrote a song about it....
and I (michael) am on this newgroup...and this is my dads (james)
netscape subscription....so mind your own!!!!

Michael

wh!Pp|NG b0Y

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
On 8 Apr 1996, JAMES T. BRADY wrote:
> OK OK!!!I didnt know he dedicated any song to Kurt....so I apologize
> for any "damage" I did to your "feelings".......and when asked what
> "why go" was about...Eddie stated that it was about a girl that he
> knew and her situation...and so he wrote a song about it....
> and I (michael) am on this newgroup...and this is my dads (james)
> netscape subscription....so mind your own!!!!
> Michael
ok...cool deal mr. man!
/me hugs mike
glad you came around!!! peace and harmony are the ONLY way to live in a
society full of nad-fucks.
(btw: you didnt hurt my feelings...just made me mad)

well have fun!
laterz!!

UM-Dearborn Student

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
In article <RnOL2+-...@delphi.com>, nir...@delphi.com says...

>Ayman Ahmad <aah...@acs3.acs.ucalgary.ca> writes:
>
>>Is this true?
>>

>Yes, this is true. Cobain stated several times that he despised Pearl
Jam
>and their music. He did, however, say that he thought Eddie Vedder was a
>"decent person". He hated Stone and Jeff the most out of PJ's band
members.

Not liking Pearl JAm was probably one of the major problems in his
life....just a joke!

nir...@delphi.com

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
RRapp096 <rrap...@aol.com> writes:

>enemies...but...they admired each other's music...and tried to one-up one

Actually, Kurt quite clearly stated in several interviews that he hated
Pearl Jam's music. He referred to it as "cock rock" and accused them of
riding the laternative bandwagon.

Courtney

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
whiPpING b0Y (zwes...@lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu) wrote:
: > > >Is this true?

: > > Yes, this is true. Cobain stated several times that he despised Pearl Jam
: > > and their music. He did, however, say that he thought Eddie Vedder was a
: <snip>
: > He also hated Eddie Vedder!!!He was supposed to do a skit when he
: <snip>

: hmmm...weird. especially when mr. vedder dedicated 'why go' to kurt

:

kurt was quoted having said that he was going to stop insulting pearl jam
because he said it hurt eddie, and he's a good guy, so i'm not going to
do that anymore.

they had a mutual respect for one another, however the groups had a sort
of feud, kurt thought that pj had sold out.

this huge confusion and conflicting ideas are probably due to kurt
changing his mind according to what substance he was fucked up on at that
moment anyways...soo....

-courtney

Stone Fernandez

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
I never understood Cobain's reason for hating PJ.....it is still unclear
to me....I guess he heard the knockings of a more popular than his own...
but then agian he wasn't the type to put so much on success....at least
he said so...but Cobain saying PJ sold out is so lame...I don't know how
he could justify that....and the about PJ being unalternative...what
should he care what kind of music other bands make.....bands are
influenced by so many things....and their sound is going to be based on
what influenced when they were young...members of PJ did depend not on
alternative rock as their influences...and PJ was never labeled
alternative for the most part....most people labeled them as grunge.....
(which i still have no clue what it is....it was like a more fashion
oriented than music oriented, it seems.....someone please tell me what
grunge is)...Nirvana in fact, had a lot of punk in their songs.....
finally, he should have been happy if they weren't alternative....then PJ
would not get into their territory...

Marvin Mihalak

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK? KURT COBAIN AND SHITTY NIRVANA SUCKED GOAT
BALLS!!! I CAN PLAY EVERY SONG ON THE GUITAR. PEARL JAM HAS TALENT.
THE ONLY REASON COBAIN HATED PJ WAS:

KURT COBAIN WAS JELLIOUS OF STONE AND MIKE'S GUITAR TALENT. NIRVANA
SUCKS

Claudia

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
No...early on Kurt said some slightly nasty things about Pearl Jam...but
they were said in haste and I don't think he harbored hatred toward them.
Dave Grohl recently talked about a time he (with the Foo Fighters)
surprised Pearl Jam in Australia...just flew down. I think they've all
gotten past an early rivalry. I don't think Kurt hated Pearl Jam.

Nick Fynn

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960407...@lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu>
wh!Pp|NG b0Y <zwes...@lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu> writes:

Ummm - I think you guys are just miscommunicating. On the Atlanta boot, Ed
dedicates "Go" from VS. to Kurt, "Why Go" from Ten has a note accompanying
the lyrics dedicating the song to Heather, who supposedly was committed for
a period of time for something like smoking pot or some other shit.

I pulled the covers over him, shoulda pulled the alarm...nickf

Kieran Treeby

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
nir...@delphi.com wrote:

>Ayman Ahmad <aah...@acs3.acs.ucalgary.ca> writes:
>
>>Is this true?
>>

>Yes, this is true. Cobain stated several times that he despised Pearl Jam
>and their music. He did, however, say that he thought Eddie Vedder was a

>"decent person". He hated Stone and Jeff the most out of PJ's band members.

.. and probably only because he knew them to be sport players, and therefore
"jocks", and because he knew that they were willing to give in a little in
order to get a contract ..

Kieran
10035...@compuserve.com

---
Sent from Wolf 359 BBS, Auckland, New Zealand, (649)443-0395

Monarch 75

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
Besides...he's dead. He won't answer it himself...we are all speaking for
him. For all we know...PJ and Nirvana are actually studio musicians
formerly known as MilliVanili..and Eddie, Stone, Dave Grohl, Kurt and
likes are all just for show.

but he already did answer for himself, read the book "come as you are" by
michael azzerad....

laura

Monarch 75

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
kurt hated pearl jam until he met eddie and realized that he was "a
respectable person" and they became good friends actually. but i do know
for sure that he hated jeff and wasnt too fond of "stoney" as he says. i
dont blame him for not liking jeff, from what i know of him, i'm not too
fond of him either. jeff, according to kurt, was an ass-kisser and would
do anything to get famous. that's why green river split-up. kurt didnt
like eddie at first cuz he thought that he was trying to be "alternative",
but later figured out that eddie had just gottne caught up in the
alternative bandwagon, and found himself there accidentally. that doesnt
seem like a hard thing to do, especially after eddie started a band with,
literally, strangers.

laura

JAMES T. BRADY

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96

To whippingboy....look...theres someone else who has heard of this!!!

Also...its: "i pulled the covers over HERE..."

Michael

Graham Haworth

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
Monarch 75 (mona...@aol.com) wrote:
: kurt hated pearl jam until he met eddie and realized that he was "a

: laura

--
Actually, Kurt and EV weren't "good friends," as you put it. they just
respected each other.
And its really disgusting to see you pass judgment on Jeff from what
you've heard. Using that theory to judge people, I've heard that Kurt
Cobain was a heroin junkie, and I know all heroin addicts are worthless,
therefore, Kurt was a worthless person. Doesnt make sense, does it?
Kurt was beat up by "jocks" in high school, and Jeff fit the description
of those jocks, so he just didnt like him. I doubt the two ever even had
a conversation.
I played basketball in high school. I guess I was a jock. Does that mean
I'm not worty of playing guitar or liking Nirvana or Pearl Jam or
anything else? I dont think so.
So, moral of the story, dont judgment on someone based on what you'ver
heard about them.
later,
Graham

\ Heal the world...with duct tape /
/ -EV \

Mike Johnson

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
: kurt hated pearl jam until he met eddie and realized that he was "a
: respectable person" and they became good friends actually. but i do know
: for sure that he hated jeff and wasnt too fond of "stoney" as he says. i
: dont blame him for not liking jeff, from what i know of him, i'm not too
: fond of him either. jeff, according to kurt, was an ass-kisser and would
: do anything to get famous. that's why green river split-up. kurt didnt
: like eddie at first cuz he thought that he was trying to be "alternative",
: but later figured out that eddie had just gottne caught up in the
: alternative bandwagon, and found himself there accidentally. that doesnt

and Kurt didnt!?!?!?

Mike Johnson

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
: I played basketball in high school. I guess I was a jock. Does that mean
: I'm not worty of playing guitar or liking Nirvana or Pearl Jam or
: anything else? I dont think so.
: later,
: Graham

in Kurt Cobains eyes it is...

: =========================================

Scott G. Burrows

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
Does this really bother anyone? I like a handful of Nirvana
tunes myself, but as a whole I think they were/are overrated.
I personally find Pearl Jam to be a superior band. Two of
my favorite bands are U2 and Rollins Band, yet Henry Rollins
has not been shy about stating his dislike for Bono and Edge.
Again, while I respect Rollins' opinions I don't enjoy U2
any less for his criticisms.

FDRMD

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

Kurt Cobain loved MTV

Thomas Inglish

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

True,but Kurt stated right to eddie's face that pearl jam sucked,
but EDDIE was a respectable person.

JAMES T. BRADY

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

T...@gnn.com (Thomas Inglish) wrote:

> True,but Kurt stated right to eddie's face that pearl jam sucked,
> but EDDIE was a respectable person.

Man this thread ended a long time ago...I havent seen it in weeks...
where have you been?!?!?!?No responses necessary!!

Markurdt

May 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/18/96

that was cuz kurdt and mark arm (frontman of mudhoney, formerly of green
river w/stone and jeff) were friends. and mark felt that stone and jeff
were too "corporate" cuz they wanted to get gr off subpop and onto a
::gasp:: MAJOR LABEL. And so kurdt felt that they had some roots in
seattle music history and that they (they being stone and jeff) had
somehow "betrayed" seattle by selling their soul to a ::gasp:: MAJOR LABEL
2wice, once with MLB and again with Pearl Jam. And that stone and jeff
::gasp:: WANTED to be famous and ::gasp again:: MAKE MONEY from their art.
But cobain felt that vedder had never claimed to support any punk ideals
in the 1st place. so he was ok.

Liz

Mole Man

May 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/18/96

I read an article (I forget the source) right after Kurt's death
concerning Eddie. The criticism Kurt aimed at Pearl Jam was addressed.
Basically, it was like this: Kurt had said that PJ was corporate rock in
an alternative package, and that they had ridden the grunge revolution to
stardom. In this article, the author goes on to quote Kurt: "I shouldn't
have said those things. Eddie's a really nice guy, and that hurt him."
[app.] Stone Gossard in Musician magazine said that PJ was guilty of some
of the things Kurt had said, and in a SPIN interview, Eddie said he could
understand Kurt's way of thought, but never considered PJ to be "grunge"
or "alternative." I don't think Kurt hated PJ, I even have a bootleg of
PJ's that ends with Nirvana (at least Kurt) playing "If She Ever Comes
Now." Even if he did, David Grohl and PJ are friends, and Chris
Novoselic joined Grohl and Vedder on Mike Watt's CD "Ball Hog or Tug-Boat?
" for "Against the 70's." PJ certainly didn't feel anger towards Kurt or
Nirvana; on the Live In Atlanta 3CD set, Eddie says "This song's for Kurt,
" before the band starts "Go." The Atlanta show was 5 days before
Cobain's body was found. And alot of Vitalogy was influenced by Kurt's
death- listen to "Immortality." The lines "Cigar box on the floor," "A
truant finds home," and "Some die just to live," are directly speaking of
Kurt.

Anyone who wants a copy of the aforementioned article, just e-mail me. I
can send it in .doc or .txt format.

Chris Mansfield

May 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/19/96

and of course the funny part is that at the same time kurt allegedly thought
and said all of these things "nevermind" was released on *gasp* a major label.

:)

Matt Grest

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

In article <4njpl7$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, Markurdt
<mark...@aol.com> writes

>that was cuz kurdt and mark arm (frontman of mudhoney, formerly of green
>river w/stone and jeff) were friends. and mark felt that stone and jeff
>were too "corporate" cuz they wanted to get gr off subpop and onto a
>::gasp:: MAJOR LABEL. And so kurdt felt that they had some roots in
>seattle music history and that they (they being stone and jeff) had
>somehow "betrayed" seattle by selling their soul to a ::gasp:: MAJOR LABEL
>2wice, once with MLB and again with Pearl Jam. And that stone and jeff
>::gasp:: WANTED to be famous and ::gasp again:: MAKE MONEY from their art.
> But cobain felt that vedder had never claimed to support any punk ideals
>in the 1st place. so he was ok.
>

>Liz
Just remind me which label Nirvana were signed to?
From Matt

Ma...@sidekick.demon.co.uk

GRIMSBY - ENGLAND

Jordan Snodgrass/Flood Myth

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

Just like to clear something up here.. Soundgarden was the first Seattle group to sign with a major label
when they jumped from Sub Pop to SST in 1988 and then from SST to A&M in 1989.

--
js.
mailto:js...@owl.csusm.edu

Vasant Ramamurthy

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

In article <$a8qdLC7...@sidekick.demon.co.uk>,
Matt Grest <fest...@sidekick.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Nirvana was on Sub Pop, for Bleach, and the rest on Geffen

Vasant

The Refuge of the Damned
http://ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu/~vman/me.html
Lots of music, photos, links, and more!

vm...@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu
"I don't need your love to disconnect" - An Ode to No One -Smashing Pumpkins

Discount Bra Baby

Jun 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/1/96

: Just like to clear something up here.. Soundgarden was the first Seattle

: group to sign with a major label when they jumped from Sub Pop to SST
: in 1988 and then from SST to A&M in 1989.

Um, not true. Do you have any idea what you are talking about? You think
it took Seattle until 1988/9 for ANY of its bands to get a major record
label deal?

Mark Meiss

Jun 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/1/96

In article <4oop71$3...@scipio.cyberstore.ca>,

Metal Church and Queensryche come to mind...

--
Mark Meiss \ "Comin' down the mountain | GO BIG RED!
Computer Science Undergrad \ I have seen the high n' mighty; | *-----------*

Dr Polka

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

Kurt didn't hate Pearl Jam. He talked about it in "Come as you are" the
book. He didn't like Ament much, but he really liked Eddie.

Dr Po...@aol.com

RMarsPJkix

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

If Kurt really liked vedder, why did he call him "Eddie Bedwetter"??
Everything I've heard makes me believe that Kurt didn't like anyone in
pearljam.
Kurt also said in an interview with Musician January ' 92:
"There are a lot of really mainstream bands who sound just like Poison
or resemble Poison very much, and they're being promoted as alternative
bands. I find that really offensive, you know. I think one of the
biggest examples of that would be Pearl Jam. They're going to be the
first type of band to say that they're 'alternative' and then accept the
Poison bands as much as the Poison bands are going to accept them.
They're going to be the ones responsible for this corporate, alternative
and cock-rock fusion."
That's an OLD interview, but it didn't sound like he liked them AT ALL.
He may have changed his opinion after that, but I don't know...

later

rich

VENUS1610

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

In article <4pl8se$5...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, drp...@aol.com (Dr Polka)
writes:

> He didn't like Ament much, but he really liked Eddie.

Kurt didn't like Ament???...Oh the shame!!..I think Ament's pretty
cool..ofcourse I don't know him...but he seems really nice and down to
earth...but oh well...

Love Peace and Music
Davina

Lil' Ditty

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

In the book 'Cobain' one of the last interviews with Kurt, he talks about the success of PJ
and how that goes against what he thought was important to him (Kurt)...he talks also
about his relationship with EV, and how they had got back to being on speak at each
other terms...I cant remember the page, and the exact words and I can't be fuct looking
through it, but I've read it like 4 times so I know the general just is as above...I think it
was dated around Jan 1994...

desjardins

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96
to drp...@aol.com

Dear Dr Polka,

Why are you saying that Kurt Cobain hated Pearl Jam? I don't agree
with you on this one. I think you're fucked in the head!

Sheila

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

In <4pq2j8$6...@alpha.vaxxine.com> desjardins <ri...@vaxxine.com>
writes:
****************************

I could care less if Kurt hated Pearl Jam. I happen to love both of
them. If Kurt hated Pearl Jam, do you really think that would
influence mine, or anyone elses feelings about Pearl Jam?

Sheila

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

In <4pql72$d...@sjx-ixn3.ix.netcom.com> gw...@ix.netcom.com(Sheila)

bourqueg

Jun 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/16/96
to RMarsPJkix

Cobain disliked Pearl Jam's music, it was too "poppy." But he liked their
attitude, their morals and ethics
-matt

ed.r.dav...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2015, 9:46:00 AM6/29/15
Pretty sure go was about his truck. Eddie never really said much about kurt except right after he died, he dedicated a performance of Black to him.