Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney duet???

b...@davewc.mv.com

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Looking for the title of that song, anyone know it?

was this lyric in the song?

"Paul I think I told you I'm a lover not a fighter"????

thanks for all posts.....

--brian

Daphne

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Say say say? hehe.. sorry.. maybe you do a search on it on www.lyrics.ch ?
=P

Wayne Garvin

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
alt.music.lyrics web site, FAQ and Frequently Requested Lyrics
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/3431/aml.html

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:57:47 GMT
b...@davewc.mv.com (b...@davewc.mv.com) wrote:

>Looking for the title of that song, anyone know it?
>was this lyric in the song?
>"Paul I think I told you I'm a lover not a fighter"????

From Lyrics World http://www.summer.com.br/~pfilho/

The Girl Is Mine
Michael Jackson (w/ Paul McCartney)

(Michael)
Every night she walks right in my dreams
Since I met her from the start
I'm so proud I am the only one
Who is special in her heart

The girl is mine
The doggone girl is mine
I know she's mine
Because the doggone girl is mine

(Paul)
I don't understand the way you think
Saying that she's yours not mine
Sending roses and your sill dreams
Really just a waste of time

Because she's mine
The doggone girl is mine
Don't waste your time
Because the doggone girl is mine

I love you more than he
(Take you anywhere)

(Michael)
But I love you endlessly
(Loving we will share)

(Michael & Paul)
So come and go with me
Two on the town

(Michael)
But we both cannot have her
So it's one or the other
And one day you'll discover
That she's my girl forever and ever

(Paul)
Don't build your hopes to be let down
'Cause I really feel it's time

(Michael)
I know she'll tell you I'm the one for her
'Cause she said I blow her mind

The girl is mine
The doggone girl is mine
Don't waste your time
Because the doggone girl is mine

(Michael & Paul)
She's mine, she's mine
No, no, no, she's mine
The girl is mine, the girl is mine
The girl is mine, the girl is mine

(Paul)
The girl is mine, (yep) she's mine
The girl is mine, (yes) she's mine

(Michael)
Don't waste your time
Because the doggone girl is mine
The girl is mine, the girl is mine

(Paul)
Michael, we're not going to fight about this, okay

(Michael)
Paul, I think I told you, I'm a lover not a fighter

(Paul)
I've heard it all before, Michael, she told me that I'm her forever lover,
You know, don't you remember

(Michael)
Well, after loving me, she said she couldn't love another

(Paul)
Is that what she said

(Michael)
Yes, she said it, you keep dreaming

(Paul sings)
I don't believe it

(Michael & Paul)
The girl is mine, (mine, mine, mine)
(Fade out/Repeat)

laura

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I was thinking they did Ebony and Ivory together as well. Am I just
imagining things?
Laura

Heath Carney

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
The song title is "The Girl is Mine", from Thriller.

That line is indeed in the song. The full text can be found at
http://www.lyrics.ch

--

Heath

Who should have better things to do

Christie

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
They did a couple together.....Say, Say, Say was one of them. But I do
believe the one you are referring to is "The Girl is Mine" off of the
Thriller album.

Christie

Giovanni

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 02:15:04 +1100, Heath Carney
<c931...@alinga.newcastle.edu.au> wrote:

>The song title is "The Girl is Mine", from Thriller.
>
>That line is indeed in the song. The full text can be found at
>http://www.lyrics.ch
>
>"b...@davewc.mv.com" wrote:
>>

>> was this lyric in the song?
>> "Paul I think I told you I'm a lover not a fighter"????

That line is one of several spoken, and the lyrics below from the International
Lyrics Server (www.lyrics.ch) have been marked to show the spoken section.

THE GIRL IS MINE
Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney

SPOKEN SECTION==========================================

(Paul)
Michael, we're not going to fight about this, okay

(Michael)
Paul, I think I told you, I'm a lover not a fighter

(Paul)
I've heard it all before, Michael, she told me that I'm her forever lover,
You know, don't you remember

(Michael)
Well, after loving me, she said she couldn't love another

(Paul)
Is that what she said

(Michael)
Yes, she said it, you keep dreaming

(Paul)

Joerg Schenk

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
to laura
Hallo Laura,

"Ebony and Ivory" was by Paul together with Stevie Wonder, not Michael
Jackson.

Joerg

Chris Gravell

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Imagination. :-)
Although they did make another song - "Say Say Say" - that was on Paul's
label to keep the suits happy, "Ebony & Ivory" was Paul McCartney & Stevie
Wonder
Wacko did make "Get It" with Stevie, though...
I don't know.. it seems that popsters reach a certain age and they can only
have hits in collaboration (Jennifer Warnes springs immediately to mind, he
he) so I can't _wait_ 'till Celine Dion gets around to MC Hammer. :-)

Chris, Croydon
ICQ:21234564