I can't live, if living is without you? Who?? Sings This??

Chuck

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
I can't live, if living is without you? Who?? Sings This??

I've been trying to find this out for years...:)

Spikings...

Blastmaster

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Chuck:
This is NOT Air Supply, it is a Classic by Harry Nillson!
here it is...

WITHOUT YOU - Harry Nilsson

No I can't forget this evening
Or your face as you were leaving
But I guess that's just the way
The story goes
You always smile but in your eyes
Your sorrow shows
Yes it shows
No I can't forget tomorrow
When I think of all my sorrow
When I had you there
But then I let you go
And now it's only fair
That I should let you know
What you should know

I can't live
If living is without you
I can't live
I can't give anymore
I can't live
If living is without you
I can't give
I can't give anymore

Well I can't forget this evening
Or your face as you were leaving
But I guess that's just the way
The story goes
You always smile but in your eyes
Your sorrow shows
Yes it shows

I can't live
If living is without you
I can't live
I can't give any more
I can't live
If living is without you
I can't give
I can't give anymore

Meaning Sub-Editor 7361

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Blastmaster wrote:

> Chuck:
> This is NOT Air Supply, it is a Classic by Harry Nillson!
> here it is...

Badfinger recorded a terrific cover of this song, by the way.

Neil Perrett

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Could anyone please provide me with lyrics to:
JUST ONCE JAMES INGRAM
CLOSER I GET TO YOU ROBERTA FLACK
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY R KELLY
WE ARE FAMILY SISTER SLEDGE
I JUST WANNA BE LOVED CULTURE CLUB
END OF THE LINE HONEYZ
EBONY & IVORY STEVIE WONDER & PAUL McCARTNEY
UNBREAK MY HEART TONI BRAXTON
HERO MARIAH CAREY

thanks in advance.
peace
neil

Melina Ruijs

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Without You, werd ook gecovered door Mariah Carey !

Chuck heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Carol Chong

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
It's Air Supply with the title of Without You.

sandomir

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
>> This is NOT Air Supply, it is a Classic by Harry Nillson!
>> here it is...
>
>Badfinger recorded a terrific cover of this song, by the way.

sorry, but the tune is by Badfinger.
songwriting credits go to Ham & Evans.
Nilsson's version is the cover.
cheers ls

Neil Perrett

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99

Neil Perrett

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99

Neil Perrett

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99

Neil Perrett

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99

Neil Perrett

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99

Neil Perrett

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
Neil Perrett

Neil Perrett

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99

Could anyone please provide me with lyrics to:

> JUST ONCE JAMES INGRAM
> CLOSER I GET TO YOU ROBERTA FLACK
> I BELIEVE I CAN FLY R KELLY
> WE ARE FAMILY SISTER SLEDGE
> I JUST WANNA BE LOVED CULTURE CLUB

Neil Perrett

Diva259

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
It's by Mariah Carey and is called Without You

May God Bless You

Ensoul100

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
it is not by Maria Carey!

she just did a remake of it!

ensoul

Oh Nurse

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
I believe you are referring to Harry Nillsen (sp?)

He also did a wonderful song called The lime in the coconut.

Regards.

Jonathan Tse

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99

JUST ONCE

I did my best
But I guess my best wasn't good enough
'Cause here we are back where we were before
Seems nothing ever changes
We're back to be strangers
Wondering if we are to stay
Or head on out the door

Just once can we figure out what we keep doing wrong
Why we never last for very long
What are we doing wrong
Just once can we find a way to finally make it right
Make the magic last for more than just one night
If we could just get to it
I know we could break through it

I gave my arm
But I think my arm may have been too much
Lord knows we're not getting anywhere
Seems we're always blowing
Whatever we've got going
And seems that time was all we've got
We haven't got a break

Just once can we figure out what we keep doing wrong
Why the good times never last for very long
What are we going wrong
Just once can we find a way to finally make it right
Make the magic last for more than just one night
I know we could break through it
If we could just get to it

Just once I want to understand
Why it always comes back to goodbye
Why can't we get ourselves in hand
And get make to one another
We don't do without each other
Take the best, and make it become
Find a way 'cause we're together

Just once can we find a way to finally make it right
Make the magic last for more than just one night
I know we could break through it
If we could just get to it
Just once

Just once I want to understand
Why it always comes back to goodbye
Why can't we get ourselves in hand
And get make to one another
We don't do without each other
Take the best, and make it become
Find a way 'cause we're together

Just once can we find a way to finally make it right
Make the magic last for more than just one night
I know we could break through it
If we could just get to it
Just once
We can get to it
Just once.

--
Think different.

----------
In article <377AB2F7...@cableinet.co.uk>, Neil Perrett

ronct

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
Bandfinger wrote the song (and its the best version by the way, IMO) and
Harry Nillson did the cover.

ronct

Meaning Sub-Editor 7361 <asl...@thewheel.net> wrote in message
> Blastmaster wrote:
> >
> > Chuck:

cinders

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
I think you'll find this song was done originally by Nillson long before
mariah carey ever thought of it
Ensoul100 <enso...@aol.com> wrote in message

RFWII

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
Probably before she was born! :)

cinders wrote:

> I think you'll find this song was done originally by Nillson long before
> mariah carey ever thought of it

nancy g.

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
RFWII wrote:

> Probably before she was born! :)

> cinders wrote:

>> I think you'll find this song was done originally by Nillson
>> long before mariah carey ever thought of it

Mariah Carey was born on March 27, 1970.

Harry Nilsson's album "Nilsson Schmilsson", containing the
hit "Without You" was released in November of 1971.

Close.

The Warped Vinyl Junkie

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99
nancy g. wrote in message <377E6312...@tiac.net>...

>Harry Nilsson's album "Nilsson Schmilsson", containing the
>hit "Without You" was released in November of 1971.

Sigh...I thought you, nancy of all nancys, would mention Badfinger and Pete
Ham...but that's OK...I love ya anyway!

XXOO,
Pete Hamonrye

nancy g.

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99

Hey, you Johnny-come-lately ...

If you'd read the WHOLE THREAD, instead of just jumping in
in the middle, like somebody that's been INVISIBLE for months,
you would've seen I was replying to only *one* specific remark
in that whole thread ...

somebody said Mariah Carey probably wasn't even born when
Harry Nilsson wrote that song. I proved that not only was
she born, she was probably *almost* old enough to walk at
the time!

Nyahhh.

> XXOO,
> Pete Hamonrye

Spicy (girl) Mustard

The Warped Vinyl Junkie

Jul 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/11/99
>> nancy g. wrote in message...

>>> Harry Nilsson's album "Nilsson Schmilsson", containing the
>>> hit "Without You" was released in November of 1971.

>>The Warped Vinyl Junkie wrote:
>> Sigh...I thought you, nancy of all nancys, would mention
>> Badfinger and Pete Ham...but that's OK...I love ya anyway!

>nancy g. wrote in message

>Hey, you Johnny-come-lately ...
>If you'd read the WHOLE THREAD, instead of just jumping in
>in the middle, like somebody that's been INVISIBLE for months,
>you would've seen I was replying to only *one* specific remark
>in that whole thread ...
>somebody said Mariah Carey probably wasn't even born when
>Harry Nilsson wrote that song. I proved that not only was
>she born, she was probably *almost* old enough to walk at
>the time!

I did indeed read the whole thread before I replied...I'm not silly enough
just to jump in in the middle of something...normally...and I DO know how to
keep a thread together and make sure I'm not just posting what has already
been posted...

But my remark was to the point that I was just hoping that you, wonderful
one that you are, would have noted the date Badfinger's original version
came out...since my copy of the discography is still packed up and I can't
do it...then we might have
seen whether the song itself predates Mariah...my guess is that it does, but
I'll have to go searching for that information sometime in the
future..unless someone beats me to it...

XXOO,
Johnny-Come-Whenever

kwco...@gmail.com

May 26, 2018, 2:47:01 PM5/26/18
Actually it was written and recorded by the group Badfinger in 1970. Mills on recorded it and had a hit with it in 1971.

kwco...@gmail.com

May 26, 2018, 2:50:46 PM5/26/18
Actually the other way around. Badfinger wrote and recorded it in 1970. Nillson did his cover in 1971.

jamesca...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2018, 10:19:01 PM6/22/18
Its originally by badfinger.
People need to research.

ktorr...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2018, 9:55:33 PM8/16/18
if they noticed was a question and conversation of 99, I suppose today there is more facility to find information than in those times. regards

ente...@gmail.com

May 30, 2019, 11:01:11 PM5/30/19
Harry Neilson.

olec...@gmail.com

May 27, 2020, 7:45:29 PM5/27/20
On Thursday, July 1, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Carol Chong wrote:
> It's Air Supply with the title of Without You.

jhe...@live.com

Jun 4, 2020, 11:13:10 PM6/4/20
Amen!