Songs about talking too much

Lorraine

Nov 30, 2008, 6:39:17 PM11/30/08

Hi, I'm hoping people will help me brainstorm for songs. I want to
compile songs about a person who talks too much. The song can be asking
them to shut up, or be pointing out that the person always talks too
much, etc.

So far I thought of:

You Talk Too Much
Joe Jones

You Talk Too Much
George Thorogood

You Talk Too Much
John Lee Hooker

You Talk Too Much
Run DMC

If You Talk Too Much
People in Planes

Shut Up
Blink 182

Yackity Yack
The Coasters

Voices Carry
Til Tuesday

Besides wanting them as a playlist, I want to pick a couple for
ringtones, so I know when certain people are calling.

Thanks for any help!

Rich Ardini

Nov 30, 2008, 7:44:21 PM11/30/08

"Lorraine" <veeeda...@aolMUNGE.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I'm hoping people will help me brainstorm for songs. I want to
> compile songs about a person who talks too much. The song can be asking
> them to shut up, or be pointing out that the person always talks too
> much, etc.
>
> So far I thought of:
>
> You Talk Too Much
> Joe Jones
>
> Yackity Yack
> The Coasters
>
> Voices Carry
> Til Tuesday

"Nag" by the Halos was a Top 25 hit around the same time as Joe Jones and
the Coasters.
"Talk Talk" by Talk Talk was a somewhat obscure 80s song, like Voices Carry.

R H Draney

Nov 30, 2008, 8:17:59 PM11/30/08
Lorraine filted:

Some situationally specific suggestions:

"She's Talking Again" by Henry Phillips
"Stop Talking About Comic Books Or I'll Kill You" by Ookla the Mok

....r

--
"You got Schadenfreude on my Weltanschauung!"
"You got Weltanschauung in my Schadenfreude!"

Mark Rae

Nov 30, 2008, 8:34:23 PM11/30/08
"Lorraine" <veeeda...@aolMUNGE.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for any help!

Chas and Dave - Rabbit
The Tremeloes - Silence Is Golden

Alternatively, if you're interested in songs about not talking enough, you
could try:
Pink Floyd - Keep Talking
Peter Gabriel - Come Talk To Me

Or even too many people talking but not enough people listening:
Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds of Silence
Sanctuary Rig - Outside the Shelter (No-one Understands)

a l l y

Dec 1, 2008, 4:04:54 AM12/1/08

"Lorraine" <veeeda...@aolMUNGE.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I'm hoping people will help me brainstorm for songs. I want to
> compile songs about a person who talks too much. The song can be asking
> them to shut up, or be pointing out that the person always talks too
> much, etc.

Whispering Grass? Although that's more about gossip than simply talk, I
suppose.

Do you have a problem with friends who won't shut up, then? ;-)

ally

progea

Dec 1, 2008, 12:39:10 PM12/1/08
On Nov 30, 6:39 pm, Lorraine <veeedaNOS...@aolMUNGE.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm hoping people will help me brainstorm for songs. I want to
> compile songs about a person who talks too much. The song can be asking
> them to shut up, or be pointing out that the person always talks too
> much, etc.

The song that perfectly matches such a description is "Shut Up
Shuttin' Up" by Rush's Alex Lifeson from his solo album "Victor" of
1995

Loki Harfagr

Dec 1, 2008, 1:38:23 PM12/1/08
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:39:17 -0500, Lorraine did cat :

In a twisted way (with possibly a double bind) there's
also "Talk Talk" from the Music Machine.

jack

Dec 1, 2008, 1:47:04 PM12/1/08

"Lorraine" <veeeda...@aolMUNGE.com> wrote in message

Rabbit rabbit by chas n dave

allenk...@hotmail.com

Dec 2, 2008, 10:21:46 AM12/2/08
On Nov 30, 6:39 pm, Lorraine <veeedaNOS...@aolMUNGE.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm hoping people will help me brainstorm for songs. I want to
> compile songs about a person who talks too much. The song can be asking
> them to shut up, or be pointing out that the person always talks too
> much, etc.

Crush on You -- the Jets (later covered by Aaron Carter) It centers
around a secret that's been revealed by the singer's best friend.
Shut Up -- Kelly Osbourne
Rumors -- Timex Social Club

--
Allen Kirshner
(the alt.music.lyrics TV theme guy)

Lorraine

Dec 2, 2008, 11:51:02 PM12/2/08

Thanks everyone! I've already found some and they're very funny. And:

>> Do you have a problem with friends who won't shut up, then? ;-)

Let's just say that for a few ringing, it's guaranteed to be at least
half an hour or more. :D

tween...@mypacks.net

Dec 10, 2008, 2:49:06 PM12/10/08

"Speak Low"