Gary Driscoll murder?

Bryan Young

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

I was just wondering if anybody here has any details on the murder of
drummer Gary Driscoll. (He was in the Elf band with RJ Dio and went
along with Ronnie on the first Rainbow album.)

The reason I ask is because of claims made on the Jeff Fenholt webpage.
He tosses names about like he is credible, but makes thousands of
mistakes that any true "insider" of the hard rock world could not think
of making.

(Example: he called Dio's "Dream Evil" album "Grave Evil".
(Example: he writes White Snake as two words)

and the list goes on.

Anyway, this Jeff Fenholt claims that Gary Driscoll was going to be his
drummer for his album, but that Gary was murdered by a Satanic cult.
Supposedly Gary was skinned alive and handcuffed to a bedpost or
something.

I've never heard what happened to the remnants of Dio's Elf band, and I
was wondering if anybody here had any details on Driscoll or the rest of
them?

(Mickey Lee Soule keeps turning up here and there, though, doesn't he?)

Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan Young CANADA blyoung AT bigfoot DOT com
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/7118 SF Reading Club
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6568 Hawkwind
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/6878 IFHL-FLA
"20 minutes goes by pretty fast when you're on a breakaway"

Dave Hodgkinson

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

Bryan Young <REMOVE_to_RE...@humanoidDOT.net> writes:

> I've never heard what happened to the remnants of Dio's Elf band, and I
> was wondering if anybody here had any details on Driscoll or the rest of
> them?

Tapio's DIO pages has some biog.
http://www.iki.fi/dio/bio/personal/GaryDriscoll.html

David Feinst

> (Mickey Lee Soule keeps turning up here and there, though, doesn't he?)

Last seen handling Jon's mighty organ.

--
David Hodgkinson, Technical Director, Sift PLC http://www.sift.co.uk
European Information Product of the Year http://www.accountingweb.co.uk

Trond

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Bryan Young <REMOVE_to_RE...@humanoidDOT.net> wrote:

>I was just wondering if anybody here has any details on the murder of
>drummer Gary Driscoll. (He was in the Elf band with RJ Dio and went
>along with Ronnie on the first Rainbow album.)
>
>The reason I ask is because of claims made on the Jeff Fenholt webpage.
>He tosses names about like he is credible, but makes thousands of
>mistakes that any true "insider" of the hard rock world could not think
>of making.
>
>(Example: he called Dio's "Dream Evil" album "Grave Evil".
>(Example: he writes White Snake as two words)
>
>and the list goes on.
>
>Anyway, this Jeff Fenholt claims that Gary Driscoll was going to be his
>drummer for his album, but that Gary was murdered by a Satanic cult.
>Supposedly Gary was skinned alive and handcuffed to a bedpost or
>something.

Never heard about this, but an obituary from a NY newspaper was
reprinted in Darker than Blue. It only said that Driscoll was found
murdered in his apartment, but there was nothing to suggest
circumstances like those mentioned above.

>I've never heard what happened to the remnants of Dio's Elf band, and I
>was wondering if anybody here had any details on Driscoll or the rest of
>them?
>

>(Mickey Lee Soule keeps turning up here and there, though, doesn't he?)

Last seen as Jon Lord's keyboard tech, touring with Deep Purple.

Cheers,
--
Trond

Ron Bain

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

> Last seen handling Jon's mighty organ.

What a shame. I really loved his keyboard (piano) playing with ELF.
he should be out there writing and playing.

I guess as long as he's happy...

(And being JL's keyboard tech...I'm sure he is)

Ron

Brad DeMoranville

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Bryan Young wrote:

[el snippo]

> Anyway, this Jeff Fenholt claims that Gary Driscoll was going to be his
> drummer for his album, but that Gary was murdered by a Satanic cult.
> Supposedly Gary was skinned alive and handcuffed to a bedpost or
> something.

Jeez, I thought Ritchie was content just to fire him!

*duck*

Bye!

Brad