[Internationalist] Join us for a Street Fair Fundraiser and Sustainer Drive Raffle July 25th!

internatio...@lists.ibiblio.org

Jul 24, 2015, 4:34:32 PM7/24/15
Hello all!

This time a year ago, we were packing up on Franklin Street and making a
big leap of faith to move to Carrboro. Almost a year in to being open on
Lloyd Street, we see every day why this was the right choice - we've had
a huge increase in the use of our community meeting space, a ton of
exciting events that we wouldn't have had space for before, and a huge
committed crew of volunteers bringing new ideas and new energy to the
space every day.

As many of you know, the summer months have often been a hard time
financially for the bookstore. The lull in business and the flux of
volunteer schedules can often be a challenge. This summer, in our
beautiful new space, we've been busy with multiple projects and groups,
new books by local authors, and a thriving volunteer collective scheming
up ways to bring folks in to the shop and to have fun doing it. Despite
this, the financial strain of low summer sales is still a concern. So
now is a great time to support this community project with the funds we
need to keep going strong!

Our collective is hosting a street fair style fundraiser this Saturday,
called Busking for the Bookstore. You can find more info at the Facebook
event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/775266059260387/

From 6 - 9 we'll have musicians, performers, and art. Drop in and spend
some time, and bring donations to help the bookstore weather the hard
summer months and head into the fall able to keep growing!

We'll also be hosting a sustainer drive during this event. A variety of
local artists and businesses have donated awesome items to really cool
prize packs that are up for a raffle that you will join if you become an
Internationalist Books & Community Center Sustainer, or if you increase
or renew your sustaining membership.

If you can't make the event, you can still enter the raffle! All
sustainers that sign up between now and midnight on July 25th will be
entered into the raffle as well. Sign up at
http://www.internationalistbooks.org/become-a-sustainer/

With lots of love,

The collective at Internationalist Books & Community Center