[Internationalist] Join us Sept 26 as Internationalist celebrates one year in Carrboro!

internatio...@lists.ibiblio.org

Sep 19, 2015, 12:20:54 PM9/19/15
We're having a party!

*Internationalist Anniversary Open House
Saturday, September 26
6:00pm
101 Lloyd St, Carrboro*

Internationalist Books & Community Center is holding an Anniversary Open
House on Saturday, September 26th, to celebrate the store's one year
anniversary in its new location at 101 Lloyd St. in Carrboro, after 33
years in neighboring Chapel Hill. The open house will feature live music
from three local acts, food, drinks, games, activities, and more,
followed by a dance party.

I want to invite all of you to join us in celebrating the last year of
growth and change in a project that has meant so much to all of our
lives over more than 30 years. If you can't join in person, we'd still
love to hear from you, and know that we appreciate everyone in the
extended Internationalist family whenever we celebrate the vibrant life
of this collective project.

One year ago, with the support of generations of Internationalist
community members and an astounding effort by our current volunteer
collective, we renovated and moved into a beautiful store front in
downtown Carrboro. The move has been an amazing experience for us - the
volunteer collective is larger than it's been in our memory, the number
of regular store events has doubled, we've had many more requests for
use of the space by community groups for meetings and events,
collaborated with other organizations on local events, and the shop is a
social hub in Carrboro for young folks. We're so grateful for the
support that made this move possible, and that is making it possible for
us to carry the mission of this powerful project forward. Join us to
celebrate!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1644859292460622/

With love & thanks,
Katie Yow, co-manager
and all of us at Internationalist Books & Community Center