Much Music Snow Job '97

Jeffrey Brett Verges

Mar 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/31/97

I watched several of the Snow Job performances this year and was
extremely disappointed with the IME and Collective Soul shows.
The music was great but Newfoundlanders wouldn't know a mosh if
it came and kicked them in the face. Bring the show back to
Banff where the performers are appreciated. The 54-40, Watchmen
bill in '95 kicked ass.
jbv

--
"You're born, life is tough and then you die."
Tom Bergstrom 1994

Matt Cundill

Mar 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/31/97

Jeffrey Brett Verges wrote:

> I watched several of the Snow Job performances this year and was
> extremely disappointed with the IME and Collective Soul shows.
> The music was great but Newfoundlanders wouldn't know a mosh if
> it came and kicked them in the face. Bring the show back to
> Banff where the performers are appreciated. The 54-40, Watchmen
> bill in '95 kicked ass.
> jbv

I have to wonder if you've ever been to Newfoundland. I know not of a
person who's gone to the Rock and returned disappointed with quality of
partying. So there was no moshing... (duh!).... and risk spilling your
Black Horse?

----------------

Matt (Mauler) Cundill *Acadia Alumni '92
Music Director *LCC Alumni '87
100.3 FM The Bear *Bring Back Stubbies
Edmonton, Alberta *Planet Earth

Visit the Bear's Web Cave: http://www.theBearRocks.com

Mike

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

Jeffrey Brett Verges wrote:

> I watched several of the Snow Job performances this year and was
> extremely disappointed with the IME and Collective Soul shows.
> The music was great but Newfoundlanders wouldn't know a mosh if
> it came and kicked them in the face. Bring the show back to
> Banff where the performers are appreciated. The 54-40, Watchmen
> bill in '95 kicked ass.
> jbv

you've got to be kidding...I thought this was easily the best snow job
they've done. I don't know what show you were watching but the crowd was
fantastic. You don't have to be kicking people in the face to have a
good time. And the IME set was great too, the collective sould was ok
and big sugar and sloan kisked some ass as well. All in all a great snow
job.
And some well deserved exposure to the greatest spot in the country.

My $.02
Mike

Glen Thomas Whelan

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

Mike (r5...@unb.ca) wrote:

: Jeffrey Brett Verges wrote:
: >
: > I watched several of the Snow Job performances this year and was
: > extremely disappointed with the IME and Collective Soul shows.
: > The music was great but Newfoundlanders wouldn't know a mosh if
: > it came and kicked them in the face. Bring the show back to
: > Banff where the performers are appreciated. The 54-40, Watchmen
: > bill in '95 kicked ass.
: > jbv

Coming from Newfoundland, I have to disagree with you. We Newfoundlanders
can party with the best of them, as many people who have visited here can
tell you. Also, you do not need to kick the crap out of someone in a mosh
pit to have a good time. Later man.

Glen

Richard Gordon Campbell

Apr 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/2/97

: I have to wonder if you've ever been to Newfoundland. I know not of a

: person who's gone to the Rock and returned disappointed with quality of
: partying. So there was no moshing... (duh!).... and risk spilling your
: Black Horse?
:
beautiful statement. simply beautiful. and i'm not even from
newfoundland. fuck, i hate moshing.

by
rich
rgca...@acs.ucalgary.ca
------------------------

Paul MacDougall

Apr 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/2/97

Jeffrey Brett Verges (jbve...@acs2.acs.ucalgary.ca) wrote:
> I watched several of the Snow Job performances this year and was
> extremely disappointed with the IME and Collective Soul shows.
> The music was great but Newfoundlanders wouldn't know a mosh if
> it came and kicked them in the face. Bring the show back to
> Banff where the performers are appreciated. The 54-40, Watchmen
> bill in '95 kicked ass.
> jbv

> --

> "You're born, life is tough and then you die."
> Tom Bergstrom 1994

Aren't moshers those people that always say "if you don't want to
mosh just step back, don't stop us from moshing". Well if you
should be so "free" to mosh, then why shouldn't a crowd be just
as free not to mosh. Newfoundland has the best party people I
know.

Listen to the music.

David Stirling

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

I was at Snowjob. It was good but IME didn't play that good of a show, it
lacked sincerity. I saw them last summer and they rocked but at Snowjob
they acted like a bunch of "rock stars".
--
David Stirling
dwst...@calvin.stemnet.nf.ca

Steve Piercey

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

Jeffrey Brett Verges (jbve...@acs2.acs.ucalgary.ca) wrote:
: I watched several of the Snow Job performances this year and was
: extremely disappointed with the IME and Collective Soul shows.
: The music was great but Newfoundlanders wouldn't know a mosh if
: it came and kicked them in the face. Bring the show back to
: Banff where the performers are appreciated. The 54-40, Watchmen
: bill in '95 kicked ass.
: jbv

Ah Jeffrey my friend,

I was recently at Snow Job a few weeks ago and plenty of the things which
went on at the concert were not televised. One of the first things Mike
Campbell stated before the concert was that moshing and such would not be
tolerated and that once it started individuals involved would be thrown.

Anyways, it was a great time, the Big Sugar concert in the ski lodge (not
televised) on Friday night was excellent (over 2 hours straight) as was
the Saturday night show. You might want to visit and enjoy our wonderful
hospitality and ability to have a good time without kicking the crap out
of each other.

Just my two cents worth.

Steve Piercey

--
* Steve Piercey ***************** When you're riding in a time machine way**
* Dept. of Earth Science * into the future, don't stick your elbow *

kat

Apr 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/4/97

Face it, Banff is where it's at. Alberta just all out rules compared to
Newfie Land where everyone's sister is their mother's daughter's aunt's
baby.

-Kat

Mike

Apr 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/4/97

Matt Cundill wrote:

> Jeffrey Brett Verges wrote:
> >
> > I watched several of the Snow Job performances this year and was
> > extremely disappointed with the IME and Collective Soul shows.
> > The music was great but Newfoundlanders wouldn't know a mosh if
> > it came and kicked them in the face. Bring the show back to
> > Banff where the performers are appreciated. The 54-40, Watchmen
> > bill in '95 kicked ass.
> > jbv
>
> I have to wonder if you've ever been to Newfoundland. I know not of a
> person who's gone to the Rock and returned disappointed with quality of
> partying. So there was no moshing... (duh!).... and risk spilling your
> Black Horse?

Don't you mean Blue Star? I never liked that ol' Pony Piss :)

Mike

Brian Joseph Kielly

Apr 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/4/97
to Matt Cundill

I would just like to start off and say that Snow Job kicked ass. This
loser Jeffrey Brett Verges obvioulsy must have been smoking too much dope
if he thinks that Newfoundlander's don't know how to party. He says he
watched many of the performances and was greatly dissappointed with them,I
have a question for him though. Were you there? Without a doubt you
weren't and you only got to watch it on t.v. Dah well,that's all you can
do. Although,in his mind if he was there he would have really had the
party rocking. If you consider moshing,you're best form of partying and
having a good time. Maybe you should visit NF. I do not appreciate the
comments you made of our province,let me tell you one thing
Newfoundlanders can throw up one hell of a party. I have to commend most
of the people that have replied to this shitface,Jeff Verges. It's nice to
see people picking up for provinces other than their own. It's too bad
people look at NF. the way that they do. Some people realize that it is a
a great spot,but others have this concept that we are living in the stone
ages and that we get around by dogsleds and live in igloos. A lot of
people do not have this view point,but it seems that Jeff Verges is
dissrespecting Newfoundland and the people from Newfoundland do have this
attitude. Again,it's nice to see people as yourself to realize that NF is
a great place,where the people from there like to have a kick ass time.

BRIAN KIELLY

Mike

Apr 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/4/97
Hmmmm......me thinks your suffering from something we like to call "rock
envy".
My diagnosis,spend a night on george street and call me in the
morning....er, better make that the late afternoon.

Dr.Mike

Anthony

Apr 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/4/97

Matt Cundill wrote:

> Jeffrey Brett Verges wrote:
> >
> > I watched several of the Snow Job performances this year and was
> > extremely disappointed with the IME and Collective Soul shows.
> > The music was great but Newfoundlanders wouldn't know a mosh if
> > it came and kicked them in the face. Bring the show back to
> > Banff where the performers are appreciated. The 54-40, Watchmen
> > bill in '95 kicked ass.
> > jbv
>
> I have to wonder if you've ever been to Newfoundland. I know not of a
> person who's gone to the Rock and returned disappointed with quality of
> partying. So there was no moshing... (duh!).... and risk spilling your
> Black Horse?
>
> ----------------
>
> Matt (Mauler) Cundill *Acadia Alumni '92
> Music Director *LCC Alumni '87
> 100.3 FM The Bear *Bring Back Stubbies
> Edmonton, Alberta *Planet Earth
>
> Visit the Bear's Web Cave: http://www.theBearRocks.com

Matt I would totally agree that this guy has never been to NFLD. I
attended SJ 97 and it was a real blast. It is true that the IME concert
was not as good as it should have been but Collective Soul totally
rocked the stage and the Mountain. I would also have to agree with you
on how could anyone in their right mind wanna risk spill a Black
Horse???? Defintely not a newf! If there is any place you would wanna go
to have the biggest beer bash of you life it would be Newfoundland. So
to all the dissapointed Snow Job 97 fans out there...Stick your head in
the Snow. Us Newfoundlander's..we'll just continue to stick our heads up
high basking in the glory of a sucessful and Kick Ass Snow Job 97!

Tony

Mark Victor Rowe

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97
to kat

On 4 Apr 1997, kat wrote:

> Face it, Banff is where it's at. Alberta just all out rules compared to
> Newfie Land where everyone's sister is their mother's daughter's aunt's
> baby.
>
> -Kat
>

>You really have to be the most ignorant and uneducated loser that I have
ever heard. You are more than likely a fat pig who sits at the back of a
concert stuffing your face with a ball park frank while sipping on a WINE
COOLER. Quite honestly I am amused by your posting and it's lack of truth.
Not that I am knocking Banff but Marble has a much better atmoshere, that
makes up for the actual mountain size. Then again I am sure that you can't
ski, so what is the worry. Smarten up and get off the computer!

Brian Joseph Kielly

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97
to kat

On 4 Apr 1997, kat wrote:

> Face it, Banff is where it's at. Alberta just all out rules compared to
> Newfie Land where everyone's sister is their mother's daughter's aunt's
> baby.
>
> -Kat

You are an uneducated asshole. For you to write a letter concerning
Newfoundland,discussing it in the way that you did. It is people like you
that have no concept of Canada or of Newfoundland,in general. You lack all
sincerity and should be ashamed to post remarks about Newfoundlanders as
you did. I know what you are. You're another one of those fellas who
sits behind their computer 2 4 and that's about all they can do. I'm
willing to bet that you have no balls what so ever. You can talk like a
cool guy now,but once confronted face to face,you're nothing. You can
easily tell that you are a coward by using the false name of Kat on your
postings. You are no loyal Canadian and you have an enormous lack of
knowledge about Newfoundland and it's people. Don't knock it until you
come here and visit us. Newfoundland is just as good a spot as Banff,it's
just that assholes like yourself have this concept that we live in the
stone ages. Get a life.

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.

BK

unorthod...@gmail.com

May 3, 2020, 2:31:48 PM5/3/20
On Friday, 4 April 1997 04:00:00 UTC-4, kat wrote:
> Face it, Banff is where it's at. Alberta just all out rules compared to
> Newfie Land where everyone's sister is their mother's daughter's aunt's
> baby.
>
> -Kat

LOL you know that there are more Newfoundlanders than Albertans living in Banff, right? Clearly "Kat" has neither been in Newfoundland nor in Banff in 1997