Sir Ozzy Osbourne - Let's make it happen!

Shroom

Jun 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/20/00
I know that many of you who read this will think it's a joke. It's not.

I want to see John "Ozzy" Osbourne knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his
contributions to the musical arts.

Why? Because he and his bandmates in Black Sabbath, along with Led Zeppelin
and Deep Purple, essentially invented an entire genre of popular music -
Heavy Metal.

If Paul McCartney and Elton John deserve their knighthoods, then Ozzy
deserves one too. Actually, I'd like to see all of Black Sabbath knighted.
Iommi deserves it at least as much as Ozzy.

From what I've read regarding Paul McCartney's knighthood, it all began with
a pair of letters sent by a loyal Macca fan to the Queen and Prime Minister
of the U.K. I believe that a similar tactic could be used to convince the
U.K. government to bestow a knighthood on Ozzy. However, I suspect that the
Queen and Mr. Blair don't really give a rat's ass what American citizens
think regarding this issue. We must rely upon the efforts of U.K. citizens
and citizens of Commonwealth countries to make this happen.

So here is my appeal. Below you will find the postal addresses of Queen
Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Tony Blair. I ask all U.K. and Commonwealth
citizens reading this to please write a short letter to each of these people
requesting that they consider Ozzy and his Sabbath bandmates for knighthood
as part of the New Years Honors List.

If Paul McCartney (a convicted marijuana smuggler in Japan) and Elton John
(an admitted coke-head) can have their past crimes overlooked, then I can
see no reason why Ozzy's drug and animal-mutilation activities cannot be
overlooked as well.

I'm sending similar messages to every Ozzy website I can find. Hopefully
the webmasters will join the campaign.

Here are the addresses along with website links:

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
c/o Private Secretary
Buckingham Palace
SWIA 1AA London
United Kingdom

phone 44-171-930-4832

webpage http://www.royal.gov.uk/

Rt. Hon. Tony Blair
Prime Minister
10 Downing St.
SW1A 2AA London
United Kingdom

fax 44-171-925-0918

webpage http://www.number-10.gov.uk/

I thank you all for your help. I'm just trying to start the fire. It's up
to you to make it spread.

Shroom.

Bizzaro

Jun 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/20/00
OK, solid sound reasoning, but why stop there ? I nomitate Cher for Pope,
and Sani for president of the USofA. And Zappa for a posthumous honorary
degree at Oxford. Let's partyyyyyyyy.

Shroom <shro...@MAPSONmindspring.com> wrote in message

JROCK1221

Jun 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/20/00
Ozzy didn't want to be in the rock n' roll hall of fame cause the critics
always treated him like shit...he won't want to be knighted cause his country
treated him like shit. He was poor, got picked on, has a criminal record, and
he would not want to be honored by his country I don't think. Thats just what
I'm guessing.

Rocker95

Jun 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/20/00
Ozzy..OZZY...I've heard enough!!! or...I've had toooo many
shots..whatever..I vote for Lemmy. Ozzy may be a bit twisted and deranged,
but Lemmy...for one of the ugliest Rockers out there he gets a lot of
Woman!!!!
For this and this alone he should be Knighted! He knows how to use his
sword!!!!
We Are Motorhead and we're here to kick your ass!!!!!

Rocker95

Dio_Fan (KEN) <bo...@ctaz.com> wrote in message
> Just goes to show you how far the christening of a knight has fallen from
> its origins.
> Jesus, what ever happened to having a code of honor and following of the
> chivalric beliefs?
> I don't think this includes Ozzy's incredible talent to mention the "Fuck"
> word more than any other human on the planet, in a single paragraph.
> <shaking head> Now I KNOW the world has gone to shit!
> KEN
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> The Man On A Silver Mountain
> http://www.DioZine.com
> The ONLY On-Line Fan Zine
> Dedicated To Ronnie James Dio
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todd Gabel

Jun 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/20/00
Neil Carmody wrote:

> Dio_Fan (KEN) <bo...@ctaz.com> wrote in message
> > Just goes to show you how far the christening of a knight has fallen from
> > its origins.
> > Jesus, what ever happened to having a code of honor and following of the
> > chivalric beliefs?
> > I don't think this includes Ozzy's incredible talent to mention the "Fuck"
> > word more than any other human on the planet, in a single paragraph.
> > <shaking head> Now I KNOW the world has gone to shit!
> > KEN
>
> Type your name in bigger caps I Can't Fuckin Hear You!

Yeah really, you crazy motherfuckers.. we will not continue this
discussion unless i hear some more fucking noise.

-- Todd

Dio_Fan (KEN)

Neil Carmody

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00

Dio_Fan (KEN) <bo...@ctaz.com> wrote in message
> Just goes to show you how far the christening of a knight has fallen from
> its origins.
> Jesus, what ever happened to having a code of honor and following of the
> chivalric beliefs?
> I don't think this includes Ozzy's incredible talent to mention the "Fuck"
> word more than any other human on the planet, in a single paragraph.
> <shaking head> Now I KNOW the world has gone to shit!
> KEN

Type your name in bigger caps I Can't Fuckin Hear You!

Dawn

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
Maybe it's just that he has a really big sword........
Women don't really believe it's not the size that counts but how you use it-
Only guys with little peckers believe that.
For the record I am not implying that you have a little pecker, just
dispelling a widely held male fallacy.

Rocker95 wrote in message ...

>Ozzy..OZZY...I've heard enough!!! or...I've had toooo many
>shots..whatever..I vote for Lemmy. Ozzy may be a bit twisted and deranged,
>but Lemmy...for one of the ugliest Rockers out there he gets a lot of
>Woman!!!!
>For this and this alone he should be Knighted! He knows how to use his
>sword!!!!
>We Are Motorhead and we're here to kick your ass!!!!!
>
>Rocker95

Jonathan

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
In article <8iqfba$f3u$1...@slb0.atl.mindspring.net>, "Dawn"
<aphr...@netdemon.com> wrote:

> Maybe it's just that he has a really big sword........
> Women don't really believe it's not the size that counts but how you use
> it-
> Only guys with little peckers believe that.
> For the record I am not implying that you have a little pecker, just
> dispelling a widely held male fallacy.

or a male phallusy held widely? Has anyone seen the latest Rolling
Stone. There's a long article on Ozzy - the reporter spent some time at
the Osbourne residence. Pretty interesting, though quite sad to see how
burnt out Ozzy really is. Anyway there's one part about how they call
their dog Lord Sting because Sting (ie from the Police) is always
licking ass to try to get knighted/honoured. I don't think Ozzy would be
very interested in a knighthood or even notice to be honest.

Jonathan

--
Music is way too important to take seriously

Dawn

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
Very nice play on words there!

ks6621

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
I agree that they all deserve knighthoods but I think no one would take England
seriously if they were knighted. It would look bad for the country so it will
never be done. I can imagine the christian right trying to ban all of the UK for
Ozzy's anti religious actions.
Paul deserves it Elton doesn't. He is a joke that should have been over twenty
years ago.

Bruno

ks6621

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
Agreed- Lemmy should be knighted as well. but let's throw in the whole Monty
Python troupe too

ks6621

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00

Todd Gabel wrote:

> Neil Carmody wrote:
> >
> > Dio_Fan (KEN) <bo...@ctaz.com> wrote in message
> > > Just goes to show you how far the christening of a knight has fallen from
> > > its origins.
> > > Jesus, what ever happened to having a code of honor and following of the
> > > chivalric beliefs?
> > > I don't think this includes Ozzy's incredible talent to mention the "Fuck"
> > > word more than any other human on the planet, in a single paragraph.
> > > <shaking head> Now I KNOW the world has gone to shit!
> > > KEN
> >

> > Type your name in bigger caps I Can't Fuckin Hear You!
>

> Yeah really, you crazy motherfuckers.. we will not continue this
> discussion unless i hear some more fucking noise.
>
> -- Todd

and let me see your cigarette lighters

ks6621

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
Actually I've got a big pecker and woman tell me it doesn't matter.

Maybe I'm not using it right....

Bruno

Dawn wrote:

> Maybe it's just that he has a really big sword........
> Women don't really believe it's not the size that counts but how you use it-
> Only guys with little peckers believe that.
> For the record I am not implying that you have a little pecker, just
> dispelling a widely held male fallacy.
>

> Rocker95 wrote in message ...

> >Ozzy..OZZY...I've heard enough!!! or...I've had toooo many
> >shots..whatever..I vote for Lemmy. Ozzy may be a bit twisted and deranged,
> >but Lemmy...for one of the ugliest Rockers out there he gets a lot of
> >Woman!!!!
> >For this and this alone he should be Knighted! He knows how to use his
> >sword!!!!
> >We Are Motorhead and we're here to kick your ass!!!!!
> >
> >Rocker95
> >

> >Dio_Fan (KEN) <bo...@ctaz.com> wrote in message
> >> Just goes to show you how far the christening of a knight has fallen from
> >> its origins.
> >> Jesus, what ever happened to having a code of honor and following of the
> >> chivalric beliefs?
> >> I don't think this includes Ozzy's incredible talent to mention the
> "Fuck"
> >> word more than any other human on the planet, in a single paragraph.
> >> <shaking head> Now I KNOW the world has gone to shit!
> >> KEN

Dawn

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
Go ask a guy with a 2 inch needle dick if he gets told it doesn't matter!

Rocker95

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
Sweetheart..it's obvious what's on your mind...a shame that it is (why?)
:-).
All I mentioned was the USE of a sword..not the type..broad sword, rapier,
sheathed, etc...
We're talking Knighthood here, Red. Who would you rather have protecting
your dooorway? Lemmy is big and ugly...Ozzy, well, he's just ugly.
To me, peckers are chickens, literally.
It appears you have a situation here that needs futher understanding. Yo
Biz... you may need to return to being an ARRMO counsler...hahaha...
This was an expected response from you, Dawn, so try to be more careful next
time :-)

From the woods,
R95

Dawn <aphr...@netdemon.com> wrote in message

Bizzaro

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
Errr, is this a suitable time to ask Mrs R her opinion?

> Go ask a guy with a 2 inch needle dick if he gets told it doesn't
matter!

> ks6621 wrote in message <395106DD...@acunet.net>...
> >Actually I've got a big pecker and woman tell me it doesn't matter.
> >
> >Maybe I'm not using it right....
> >
> >Bruno

Ken & AnnMarie

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
I think perhaps you are just upset because Ronnie (an AMERICAN to boot) is
more qualified (BY FAR) to be knighted than the old Ozzmeister.
I was merely commenting on how SAD the criteria of this day and age must be
were they to actually knight John Osbourne.
LOL! Ludicrous!!
KEN
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Man On A Silver Mountain
http://www.DioZine.com/
The ONLY On Line Dio Fan Zine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rigomorti O'Toole <st...@irish.man> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 01:54:09 -0400, "Neil Carmody"
> <netd...@netdemon.com> wrote:
> It's the small man complex. Ken is really Ronnie. I too knew the world
> was going to shit after listening to the last three Dio albums.
>
> What do you call a midget with a bad hair weave?
>

> Revel In Rhoads...
>
> Mr. Randy Rhoads!! - The Most Influential Guitarist Of The Late Seventies
and Early Eighties.

Captain Tripps

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 05:08:46 GMT, in alt.rock-n-roll.metal.oldschool
Ken & AnnMarie wrote:

>I think perhaps you are just upset because Ronnie (an AMERICAN to boot) is
>more qualified (BY FAR) to be knighted than the old Ozzmeister.
>I was merely commenting on how SAD the criteria of this day and age must be
>were they to actually knight John Osbourne.
>LOL! Ludicrous!!
>KEN

You know, I love Ozzy and all that, but seriously what would it say
for knighthood if an aging drug and alcohol battered rocker were to be
knighted. But then again who the fuck gets knighted these days? Anyone
know? Anyone even care? I couldn't imagine "Sir John Osbourne"
galloping onto the stage on a well dressed horse with a joust in his
hand (well maybe I could but I'd rather not). Besides he'd probably
say something completely rude to the Queen and be banned from England
anyway ;)

As for Ronnie, well he does pose for more photos with medieval
weaponry than Ozzy, but "Sir Ronald Padavona" sounds pretty damned
wimpy to me. It's six of one - half dozen of the other.

Cooler name:
Ozzy

More haggard:
Dio

Most likely to kill a big scary dragon:
Dio hands down.

Most likely to get drunk and piss on the queen :
Ozzy.

Most likely to take the bait and crosspost to ARRMO to defend Dio in a
thread that really had nothing to do with Dio:
KEN.

Hmm... okay, Ozzy wins!

--
++Captain Tripps++

DonJoe

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00

"Captain Tripps" <captain-trip...@home.com> wrote in message

Ha ha ha, I hardly ever go into Ozzy/Dio sebates, but this one is funny.

> Cooler name:
> Ozzy
>
> More haggard:
> Dio
>
> Most likely to kill a big scary dragon:
> Dio hands down.
>
> Most likely to get drunk and piss on the queen :
> Ozzy.
>
> Most likely to take the bait and crosspost to ARRMO to defend Dio in a
> thread that really had nothing to do with Dio:
> KEN.

Hmmmm.... most likely to suffer from Alzheimer's Ozzy

Most likely to confused as Klaus Meine Ronnie (Sorry Ronnie, the hair
is thinning some with age)

Most likely to say something about mutant rats from Turkey in this thread?
Sani

Most likely to run to the store for a six pack of Heineken.... Bryant

Most likely to listening to one of Sabbath's first few CDs.... RadDIOn

Most likely to be abusing the shift and caps lock key at this very moment?
TeRRy

Most likely to be defending Graham Bonnett somewhere on the great www....
Torben. ^__^

Most likely to be dreaming about cigars? Milton Berle (Who did you
expect, Bill Clinton?)

Hmmm.... this is not as funny as I thought it would be. Maybe I should
kill a few of these Heineys.

Bryant : /

Shroom

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
I apologize for instigating yet another Ozzy/Dio bitch 'n moan thread. That
was not what I intended. As a fan of both vocalists, I would like to ask
everyone to put this issue to an end. It's pointless. Dio worshippers will
continue to praise their prophet forever, as will Ozzy followers. I wonder
what would happen if Ozzy and R.J. Dio decided to record a duet? It's not
likely, but what wonderful thing it would be, and what a hell of a
discussion it would spark here.

As for the knighthood issue - I know it's not likely to ever happen. As
detached as British politicians (and all other politicians) may be from the
common man and his culture, I doubt very seriously they would consider
granting any such honor to Ozzy. But... stranger things have happened. I
still believe that Sir Ozzy could happen if enough people take action. What
could possibly be funnier than seeing Ozzy standing in some garden around
Buckingham Palace being dubbed a knight and then saying "I don't fuckin'
believe it". The fact that it would piss-off Sting makes it even more
desirable. Is it just me or does Sting come across as being an obnoxious
snob in every interview he's ever given?

As for the criticisms regarding the degeneration of the honor of knighthood,
I can only say that this began to happen centuries ago. It has always been
political, and in recent years has become little more than a national
popularity contest, except for the occassional local hero who gets
recognized for his deeds. The fact that Joan Collins was recently made an
Officer of The Order of The British Empire should be sufficient to prove
that Royal Honors are little more than bullshit with gold plating and fancy
calligraphy.

As for the numerous suggestions regarding other U.K. citizens deserving
knighthood, I agree that Lemmy should also be knighted. He is a magnificent
songwriter and one hell of a good performer. I would also recommend Ritchie
Blackmore, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, David Bowie, Gary Moore, and a bunch of
other people whose names I can't remember due to alcohol interference.

So... Does the Ozzman deserve it? Yes - maybe not as much as Paul
McCartney, but definitely more than Elton John. The last turd I crapped
deserves knighthood more than Elton John.

The End

Shroom

Captain Tripps

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 00:43:03 -0500, in alt.rock-n-roll.metal.oldschool
Shroom wrote:

>I apologize for instigating yet another Ozzy/Dio bitch 'n moan thread. That
>was not what I intended.

<snipped the rest>
Don't apologize, this is an entertaining thread.
--
++Captain Tripps++

Ken & AnnMarie

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00

>. I wonder
what would happen if Ozzy and R.J. Dio decided to record a duet? It's not
likely, but what wonderful thing it would be, and what a hell of a
discussion it would spark here>>

Agreed that would be quite interesting. Ozzy actually had an opportunity to
be a part of Hear N Aid and be involved in Stars or place one of his lives
on the album.
Perhaps he will take up the offer if presented again for the "Throw Away
Children" project slated for the not-too-distant future.
All The Best,

Benedict

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:29:27 GMT, Jonathan <corn...@NOSPAMosu.edu>
wrote:

>Has anyone seen the latest Rolling
>Stone. There's a long article on Ozzy - the reporter spent some time at
>the Osbourne residence. Pretty interesting, though quite sad to see how
>burnt out Ozzy really is.

Obviously the longish documentary that they showed on Channel 5 a few times
was filmed over a considerable period with much editing. But does that
Rolling Stone article explain how they get him animated for shorter "live"
TV interviews and such? I can't remember if you saw that Frank Skinner chat
show thing. Perhaps he has good and bad days. Or weeks.

Talking of Rolling Stone, did you see the piece they did on Axl Rose a
month or so back. He sounds as much the sh1t as I'd always though he was.
Now there is a case of burn out without any redeeming self-deprecation or
good humour. And talk about having contempt for his fans....

--
Benedict
If your ISP doesn't carry arrmo email its newsmaster or check out either:

Shroom

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
Tell me more about "Throw Away Children." Who else is contributing? I might
buy it.

Also, what do you think of "Man On The Silver Mountain" as recorded by
Hammerfall on the "Holy Dio" tribute CD? I think it's the best track on the
disc. I'm very close to considering it better than the original.

Shroom

Ken & AnnMarie

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00

> Tell me more about "Throw Away Children." Who else is contributing? I
might
> buy it.

Well it is a follow up to Hear N Aid--but this time mostly focussed on
helping the youth of Los Angeles.
There are a number of people slated to take part--but as with the first time
around some of them will surely flake out on the deal.

> Also, what do you think of "Man On The Silver Mountain" as recorded by
> Hammerfall on the "Holy Dio" tribute CD? I think it's the best track on
the
> disc. I'm very close to considering it better than the original.

I think they really kick ass--there are a lot of great tracks on BOTH of the
Dio Tribute albums as well as the Sabbath Tribute only didcated to RJD era
tunes (Sabbath Witch)!
All The Best,
KEN

Stephanie Johns

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Who look's cute in a Dress OZZY or Dio?
Ozzy.
Who would make fun of Jim Baker?
Ozzy
Who would be the Prezzzz
Ozzy
Who is cuter Ozzy or Dio?
Ozzy
Ok Now who can answer this one
Who would be most likey to run around throwing dog or cat shit?Ozzy or
Dio
I know the answer so GUESS

Stephanie

Filip Korzeniowski

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
> Who would be most likey to run around throwing dog or cat shit?Ozzy or
> Dio

Ok, I'll guess:
'cause all the anwers till yet were "Ozzy" i would say this time it's Dio!

Stephanie Johns

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Yeah that is right!!!!!! I can see that. I can also picture Ozzy playing
dress up.Just for the hell of it.

Stephanie

Monte Alban

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
I love Motorhead. How come there's not an alt.music.motorhead?
"Rocker95" <rock...@excite.com> wrote in message

> Ozzy..OZZY...I've heard enough!!! or...I've had toooo many
> shots..whatever..I vote for Lemmy. Ozzy may be a bit twisted and
deranged,
> but Lemmy...for one of the ugliest Rockers out there he gets a lot of
> Woman!!!!
> For this and this alone he should be Knighted! He knows how to use his
> sword!!!!
> We Are Motorhead and we're here to kick your ass!!!!!
>
> Rocker95
>

> Dio_Fan (KEN) <bo...@ctaz.com> wrote in message
> > Just goes to show you how far the christening of a knight has fallen
from
> > its origins.
> > Jesus, what ever happened to having a code of honor and following of the
> > chivalric beliefs?
> > I don't think this includes Ozzy's incredible talent to mention the
"Fuck"
> > word more than any other human on the planet, in a single paragraph.
> > <shaking head> Now I KNOW the world has gone to shit!
> > KEN
> >
> > --
> > The Man On A Silver Mountain
> > http://www.DioZine.com
> > The ONLY On-Line Fan Zine
> > Dedicated To Ronnie James Dio

ozzyh...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2014, 10:58:08 PM6/21/14
Just browsing through Google and came across this interesting topic. I am currently petitioning for Ozzy Osbourne to receive a knighthood. Originally I had begun the petition to knight all of the original members of Black Sabbath but was told by the UK Cabinet that I would have a better chance of nominating the prominent member of the band which is why I chose Ozzy. Currently we have reached 14,171 signatures and hope to reach our target of 20,000 by the close of the petition on July 6, 2014. With only 14 days remaining, hopefully we'll be in with a chance as we have also had backing from Bernie Torme who already sent off his 'Support Letter' to the UK Cabinet Office, but we still need one more letter to submit with the forms. If anyone reads this and is still interested in seeing this happen then please don't hesitate to head to facebook 'The knighthood Of Ozz' and 'LIKE' us. There you will find the link to the causes page where the petition can be found. Here is the link for your convenience. https://www.causes.com/campaigns/39911-knight-ozzy-osbourne
Also use the hashtag #KNIGHTOZZYOSBOURNE where ever you can to help spread the word. Cheers and thank you for your support!!! Let's do this everyone!!! \m/\m/