Ironic ; Where was it filmed ?

Rob McIntyre

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96

Someone oughta know. :)

By the way, you can get my discography/videography at The Alanis Web at
http://www.pernet..net/~rbarrow1/alanis.htm and yes, my webpage at
http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ck580 does contian used cd dealer links, email
and snail mail addresses.

--
- end of transmission - ck...@freenet.carleton.ca - ottawa, canada -
- Canadian Music Mail Order Sources+ - http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ck580 -

corky

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
I think that Ironic was filmed in Ontario somewhere. I could be wrong
though.

JaggedLilP

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
In article <4kec1g$c...@dns.humberc.on.ca>, corky <Sayc...@HumberC.on.ca>
writes:

>I think that Ironic was filmed in Ontario somewhere. I could be wrong
>though.

Ironic was filmed in upstate new york...i think Rochester if im not
mistaken. While we're on the subject of videos does anyone know what
video she will release after "You Learn"???

--lisa--
"i am single
i am weary
youre just jealous
youre just confused
youll be sin now
youre not happy
you are petty"--Miss Alanis Nadine Morissette

Stephen Booth

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
If tou notice, at the begining when she is at the gas station. on the
pump behind her is a map of Ontario, yellow on blue. Also I can't say
for sure but, I grew up in Ottawa and that small tunnel bridge thing she
approachs looks a lot like a bridge on the Trans-Canada Hwy just outside
of the west end of Ottawa, near the Toronto turn off.

Not a fan in the least,
Kalli

Vince Deehan

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
In article <4kop51$g...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>
jagge...@aol.com "JaggedLilP" writes:

> In article <4kec1g$c...@dns.humberc.on.ca>, corky <Sayc...@HumberC.on.ca>
> writes:
>
> >I think that Ironic was filmed in Ontario somewhere. I could be wrong
> >though.

> Ironic was filmed in upstate new york...i think Rochester if im not
> mistaken.

I wonder if Alanis has seen the upcoming James Mangold film HEAVY, which
stars Pruitt Taylor Vince and Liv Tyler. The film has been released in the UK
since Christmas and could possibly have heavily influenced the video
for "Ironic". HEAVY was filmed in upstate New York and the look and feel
of her video is very similiar to the movie as well as the car used, and
Alanis is dressed very much like Liv Tyler is in the film.

(The film opens in the US in June, so you can see for yourselves).

-------------
Regards
Vince Deehan
Wembley
London

Redwingmac

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96

all alanis videos were filmed in NY including her next video You Learn,
don't know when comes out, it was already filmed

JaggedLilP

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

In article <4lu347$7...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, redwi...@aol.com
(Redwingmac) writes:

>all alanis videos were filmed in NY including her next video You Learn,
>don't know when comes out, it was already filmed

really?? i didnt know "you oughta know" was filmed in NY...where in NY was
it filmed??
i know You Learn was filmed in Manhattan on Feb. 14th---it should be out
within the next two weeks or so...

lori...@carolina.rr.com

Dec 10, 2012, 5:19:17 PM12/10/12
to Rob McIntyre
Years ago when it first came out I read that it was filmed on Route 9W which runs North and South between NY and NJ. I remember this because I traveled the NY part of that road many times.

Message has been deleted

jex...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2017, 2:55:08 AM4/5/17

Do you know where Ironic was filmed?

adj...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2019, 12:30:38 PM7/3/19

1996-2019, 23 years later, Alanis Morissette Video Map on Placetell
https://placetell.com/tag/-L_f3Qje1V9jt-WEj8Td

xavierwi...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2020, 4:07:39 AM6/30/20
Hi JaggedLilP,

To answer your question of April 1996 about what music video Alanis will release after ‘You Learn’, I can confirm that in about five months‘ time from the date you enquired, she will release a music video for her single Head Over Feet.

Looking forward to it,

Xavier.