Anyone know a source code beautifier tool for batch files?

JJ

Sep 9, 2017, 7:42:20 PM9/9/17
Like HTMLTidy or others which are commonly used with HTML, JavaScript, CSS,
etc., but for the batch programming language (source code of a batch file).
Not the other way around.

It would be great if it's configurable. e.g. use 2 spaces indentation
instead of a tab character; make sure there's a blank line (or not) after
each GOTO command; etc.

I've been searching for it for a while, but haven't found any. A few of the
text editors out there have batch file syntax highlighting, but not source
code beautifier.

Batchman

Sep 10, 2017, 6:46:26 PM9/10/17
JJ wrote:

> I've been searching for it for a while, but haven't found any. A few of
> the text editors out there have batch file syntax highlighting, but not
> source code beautifier.

Don't know if it fits the bill but have you checked out NotePad ++ ?

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/features/

JJ

Sep 11, 2017, 10:07:47 PM9/11/17
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:10:40 +0200, Thomas Langer wrote:

> Have a look for Highlight at http://www.andre-simon.de/
> Manual is available in english.

Not in there either.

[quote]
Reformatting and indentation of C, C++, C# and Java source code
[/quote]

Thomas Langer

Sep 11, 2017, 10:07:47 PM9/11/17
Have a look for Highlight at http://www.andre-simon.de/
Manual is available in english.

Regards
Thomas

JJ

Sep 11, 2017, 10:07:47 PM9/11/17
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 08:43:07 +1000, Batchman wrote:

> Don't know if it fits the bill but have you checked out NotePad ++ ?
>
> https://notepad-plus-plus.org/features/

No, sorry. Thanks, though.

Diesel

Sep 11, 2017, 11:57:05 PM9/11/17
JJ <jj4p...@vfemail.net>
news:yfupeogj7w3f$.eg42obo5...@40tude.net Sat, 09 Sep 2017
I think what you're asking for is going to be a bit difficult to find.
Batch doesn't really have a formal coding style to it. You could always
opt for writing your own, but, again, the results will be in the way
you personally feel it should look.

--
Now for a cheeky message from our sponsors:
The Lone Ranger and Tonto follow some bandits into the desert but lose

Ammammata

Sep 12, 2017, 6:34:22 AM9/12/17
Il giorno Tue 12 Sep 2017 05:57:03a, *Diesel* ha inviato su
alt.msdos.batch.nt il messaggio
news:XnsA7EE16...@h91BrC3u2EAZN.4y.MzH1p8sYhhB3tS4I49R0WB. Vediamo
cosa ha scritto:

> Batch doesn't really have a formal coding style to it. You could always
> opt for writing your own, but, again, the results will be in the way
> you personally feel it should look.

he can take this as an example (for C language):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Obfuscated_C_Code_Contest

and here for all the contests:

http://www.ioccc.org/years-spoiler.html

... ;)

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-
........... [ al lavoro ] ...........

Thomas Langer

Sep 12, 2017, 3:31:58 PM9/12/17
[quote]
DOS Batch : bat ( cmd )
[/quote]
source:
http://www.andre-simon.de/doku/highlight/en/langs.php

JJ

Sep 13, 2017, 9:57:26 AM9/13/17
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 21:31:45 +0200, Thomas Langer wrote:

> [quote]
> DOS Batch : bat ( cmd )
> [/quote]
> source:
> http://www.andre-simon.de/doku/highlight/en/langs.php

Hahaha. Very funny.

<http://picpaste.com/pics/xBJcFX3s.1505310988.png>

Thomas Langer

Sep 13, 2017, 4:05:12 PM9/13/17
You can copy and paste the contents of the preview window to an editor
and save as a new file. So do I.

This is the best solution I know.

JJ

Sep 14, 2017, 1:14:48 AM9/14/17
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 22:05:10 +0200, Thomas Langer wrote:
> You can copy and paste the contents of the preview window to an editor
> and save as a new file. So do I.
>
> This is the best solution I know.

Sorry, but syntax highlighting is not what I'm looking for.