More bears in the Shining

MP

Jan 4, 2011, 2:32:54 PM1/4/11
Further to the last "bears in the shining" post:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://groups.google.com/group/alt.movies.kubrick/browse_thread/thread/c72aaf0a85af2ce0/c7f178ed26b842d7%3Flnk%3Dgst%26q%3Dincest%23c7f178ed26b842d7&usg=AFQjCNFZoimhD7TV83m7zpX1kZhIh9e46Q

(if above link doesnt work, search for post titled "Illness as
metaphor"
_________

A new year brings a whole new mythology attributed to "The Shining".
This time it's ADVANCED BEAR MATRIX BEARLEIDESCOPE COMPOSITIONS.
That's right. It's more ADVANCED than regular BEAR MATRIX
BEARLEIDESCOPE COMPOSITIONS.

Some comments by people:

"After Danny is attacked and comes to Wendy with his collar torn and
neck marked, Wendy screams at Jack "You did this to him".."didnt
you"!
and the word 'bear' appears above Jacks head for a second. Its blurry
and easily missed, I havent read about it anywhere,so I dont think
kubrick fans know about it. But when I spotted it I knew it was
deliberate. Kubrick hids stuff all the time in his movies.I will post
a pic later if you want, or even get the time it appears, but Im not
at home now."

"If you look up at the railing above Nicholson and Duval's heads in
the scene where Danny first appears after having been strangled by
the
woman in room 237, you can actually see the word BEAR spelled out."

"There are tens of thousands of Subliminal Bears in The Shining.
There
are between a half a dozen and about 100 Sub Bears IN EVERY FRAME OF
THE FILM. In The Shining, Kubrick filmed MOTION optical illusions.
That's why so many takes. Every one of Kubrick's images in The
Shining, that is to say, all of his shots, are ADVANCED BEAR MATRIX
COMPOSITIONS. They are meticulously constructed optical illusions
which change like a kaleidoscope (a BEARleidescope) every time he
moves his camera. That's why the steadi-cam was so important. It was
the ultimate gift to motion Bear composition. The Shining is a
hologram constructed out of Subliminal Bears. I intend to show this
you - in detail."

Video: http://tinyurl.com/2v4kudb
Just a few of the many bears (beer-alcohol-redrum?) in the film:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8435/90840995.jpg

This "bear thing" is relatively new. Do you think the Saul Bass
poster
is a genuine "subliminal poster" or are these theorists wearing beer
goggles?

After seeing that video, my eyes now automatically only see that
goofy
teddy bear in "The Shining" poster. I actually have to concentrate to
see the "screaming boy", an image that my brain once instinctively
"saw".

Off topic: many have pointed out the rediculous levels of "mirroring
in the film". Even the casts seem mirrored (A Jack and a Danny playing
a Jack and a Danny, Stephen King and Stanley Kubrick having same SK
initials etc). Here's an obscure one: the guy who plays the forest
ranger manning the radio is named Manning Redwood.

kelpzoidzl

Jan 4, 2011, 5:18:53 PM1/4/11
On Jan 4, 11:32 am, MP <mystic_prow...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Further to the last "bears in the shining" post:
>
> http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://groups.google.com/group/alt.m...

maybe Subliminal ad experts were asked to do that. Only way to know I
guess is ask at the source. otherwise hard to say. I see no bear
eyes...who knows?

> After seeing that video, my eyes now automatically only see that
> goofy
> teddy bear in "The Shining" poster. I actually have to concentrate to
> see the "screaming boy", an image that my brain once instinctively
> "saw".
>
> Off topic: many have pointed out the rediculous levels of "mirroring
> in the film". Even the casts seem mirrored (A Jack and a Danny playing
> a Jack and a Danny, Stephen King and Stanley Kubrick having same SK
> initials etc). Here's an obscure one: the guy who plays the forest
> ranger manning the radio is named Manning Redwood.

Fun.

"Manning Redwood" that is funny.

SK was a trickster---but maybe he is funnin' us. He must have laughed
when he heard people's esoteric theories.

dc

Message has been deleted

MP

Jan 4, 2011, 5:26:37 PM1/4/11
It takes a while to "click" with your brain. Watch the video again
tomorrow. It will corrupt your impression of that poster forever and
ever and...

kelpzoidzl

Jan 4, 2011, 5:26:54 PM1/4/11
On Jan 4, 2:23 pm, Ted <tiema...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > dc- Hide quoted text -

> It takes a while to "click" with your brain. Watch the video again
> tomorrow. It will corrupt your impression of that poster forever and
> ever and...

I will. I saw the bear, Maybe the eyes are shut with no lashes. But
you are right I will never see the poster the same.

dc

Don Stockbauer

Jan 5, 2011, 1:57:56 AM1/5/11

Do bears in The Shining shit in the woods?

rialcnis

Jan 5, 2011, 3:34:07 AM1/5/11

It Depends

Don Stockbauer

Jan 5, 2011, 9:49:32 AM1/5/11

"Buy new Bear Depends - for your bare bear bottom."

rialcnis

Jan 5, 2011, 7:48:53 PM1/5/11

Papa Size
Mama Size

and little bitty baby bear size.

myriadsmallcreature

Jan 5, 2011, 8:51:35 PM1/5/11

Beat me to it. The three bears. And goldilocks in the negative space.

rialcnis

Jan 5, 2011, 9:09:00 PM1/5/11
On Jan 5, 5:51 pm, myriadsmallcreature <myriadsmallcreat...@yahoo.com>

The Goldilocks in the room

Goldilocks recipe
1 oz dark rum
1 oz coconut rum
3 oz pineapple juice
2 oz orange juice

Don Stockbauer

Jan 5, 2011, 10:25:01 PM1/5/11

Like that Lever 2000 bath soap ad:

"Lever 2000 cleans Mommie parts,
and baby parts,
and huge, blood-engorged, distended to the max Daddy parts."

MickeyMoop

Jan 9, 2011, 4:45:16 PM1/9/11
> 2 oz orange juice- -

"Raise Your Glass" to Pinky and to children and to LIFE. Drink,
Memory.

Don Stockbauer

Jan 10, 2011, 6:34:07 AM1/10/11

"All 's quiet on the Eastern Front" exclaimed Gertrude, as Fargleson
decoded the Enigma message. "This statement is false" was the reply,
with a grin.

myriadsmallcreature

Jan 21, 2011, 11:32:47 AM1/21/11
On Jan 5, 7:51 pm, myriadsmallcreature <myriadsmallcreat...@yahoo.com>

The original story of the three bears involved not Goldilocks, but an
old woman who invades their home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_the_Three_Bears

"An old woman ... discovers the bears' dwelling. She looks through a
window, peeps through the keyhole, and lifts the latch. Assured that
no one is home, she walks in. The old woman eats the Wee Bear's
porridge, then settles into his chair and breaks it. Prowling about,
she finds the bear's beds and falls asleep in Wee Bear's bed. The
climax of the tale is reached when the bears return. Wee Bear finds
the old woman in his bed and cries, "Somebody has been lying in my
bed, – and here she is!" The old woman starts up, jumps from the
window, and runs away never to be seen again."

Don Stockbauer

Jan 23, 2011, 10:29:36 AM1/23/11
On Jan 21, 10:32 am, myriadsmallcreature

If one is into old women, it doesn't much matter now, does it?????

myriadsmallcreature

Jan 23, 2011, 1:08:21 PM1/23/11
> If one is into old women, it doesn't much matter now, does it?????

What if 1=0?

myriadsmallcreature

Jan 23, 2011, 1:10:36 PM1/23/11
> The original story of the three bears involved not Goldilocks, but an
> old woman who invades their home.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_the_Three_Bears
>
> "An old woman ... discovers the bears' dwelling. She looks through a
> window, peeps through the keyhole, and lifts the latch. Assured that
> no one is home, she walks in. The old woman eats the Wee Bear's
> porridge, then settles into his chair and breaks it. Prowling about,
> she finds the bear's beds and falls asleep in Wee Bear's bed. The
> climax of the tale is reached when the bears return. Wee Bear finds
> the old woman in his bed and cries, "Somebody has been lying in my
> bed, – and here she is!" The old woman starts up, jumps from the
> window, and runs away never to be seen again."

Something like neoteny?

Don Stockbauer

Jan 23, 2011, 9:02:07 PM1/23/11
On Jan 23, 12:08 pm, myriadsmallcreature

<myriadsmallcreat...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > If one is into old women, it doesn't much matter now, does it?????
>
> What if 1=0?

What if a dog shit square bricks?

myriadsmallcreature

Jan 23, 2011, 10:37:58 PM1/23/11

How many Stockbauers does it take to make a circle jerk?

Don Stockbauer

Jan 24, 2011, 1:03:10 AM1/24/11
On Jan 23, 9:37 pm, myriadsmallcreature

Quite a few, or else you'd get a triangle jerk, or a square jerk, und
so weiter.

1 = 0? From an inconsistency, anything follows. Thus, we'd all be
transported to OZ.

Don Stockbauer

Jan 24, 2011, 8:57:46 AM1/24/11

Not Australia, but the Judy Garland one.

Don Stockbauer

Jan 27, 2011, 3:27:30 AM1/27/11

By way of explanation: Gus Richter used to just hate conditionals,
preferring to deal only with present reality The dog-shit-square-
bricks example was his favorite subjunctive. It ends "we could bake
them and make ourselves a nice brick house outta them). Why he picked
that one out of the nearly infinite number of other ones, owl never
know.

myriadsmallcreature

Jan 27, 2011, 11:07:27 AM1/27/11
> By way of explanation: Gus Richter used to just hate conditionals,
> preferring to deal only with present reality  The dog-shit-square-
> bricks example was his favorite subjunctive.   It ends "we could bake
> them and make ourselves a nice brick house outta them).  Why he picked
> that one out of the nearly infinite number of other ones, owl never
> know.

No need to explain. I remember Gus well, taught me to graft pecans.
Called 'em pee-cans. "Don'cha call 'em pe-cahns, boy. Remember that."

About homely women: "She was built like a shit brickhouse."

Yet another: "Know why a dog shits cube bricks? So his ass will slam
shut."

I still miss him.

Don Stockbauer

Jan 27, 2011, 1:27:06 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 10:07 am, myriadsmallcreature

So you knew the great man. Wow, what a coincidence.

Yeah, the inverse of the "Why is shit tapered" joke.

MickeyMoop

Jan 28, 2011, 5:11:58 PM1/28/11
> Yeah,  the inverse of the "Why is shit tapered" joke.- -

"Their little universe is very young, and its god is still a child.
But it is too soon to judge them, when We return in the Last Days. We
will consider what should be saved."

myriadsmallcreature

Jan 28, 2011, 7:40:09 PM1/28/11
>    "Their little universe is very young, and its god is still a child.
> But it is too soon to judge them, when We return in the Last Days. We
> will consider what should be saved."

You think they'd have a better grasp of the English language.

Don Stockbauer

Jan 29, 2011, 9:58:59 AM1/29/11
On Jan 28, 6:40 pm, myriadsmallcreature

Ybah, kaj alkiaj nsjuoj majsuy nshbkh ahuio.

MickeyMoop

Jan 29, 2011, 2:14:48 PM1/29/11

So Clarke was translating from tiki-sinha-tamil happy talk, ok?
He'll never again manglo'bailey the Queen's English for "200,001."
Egypt swings like a pendulum do. Dr. Hobby builds his dream bear.

Don Stockbauer

Jan 29, 2011, 11:01:22 PM1/29/11

Follow me, don't follow me.
I've got my spine, I've got my Orange Crush.

Pecans can't be grafted until the bark slips in the spring due to the
mechanics of inlay bark grafting.

"Hey, Mom, how about a nice trip to Egypt right now????????"

MickeyMoop

Feb 6, 2011, 2:42:55 PM2/6/11
> "Hey, Mom, how about a nice trip to Egypt right now????????"- Hide quoted text -
>
> In a properly normal simulated donniverse BOAZ, o'Hussar, Messalina, the "house" can all guzzle highly fructosed corn syrupy drinks at the pyramids at any given m o ment - or randomly, nutsily not. Ferris and Greene lecturing daily. Bobby Fischer dueling SK at dawn at Marienbad.

kelpzoidzl

Feb 6, 2011, 5:32:44 PM2/6/11

Reminds me of the latest episode of Californication (Showtime) where a
Monkey God was throwing shit at two filty, dirty humans having
intercourse. The young Monkey God was outraged and indignent. Monkey
God, then decides to cause yellowstone to blow, thus ending the world.

MickeyMoop

Feb 6, 2011, 7:08:43 PM2/6/11
> God, then decides to cause yellowstone to blow, thus ending the world.- -

How flirty was the female hominin? Firecrotchy, eh wot?

Don Stockbauer

Feb 6, 2011, 8:01:10 PM2/6/11

Hah! Teach our ass for not drilling those relief wells.

Don Stockbauer

Feb 6, 2011, 8:03:44 PM2/6/11

She needed Lever 2000! You know, the soap for Mommy parts, and Baby
parts, and huge, distended Daddy parts.

MickeyMoop

Feb 19, 2011, 3:47:14 PM2/19/11
> parts, and huge, distended Daddy parts.- -

"Unearned suffering is redemptive." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
THAT'S HOW A THREAD SHOULD END, you there from Epsilon Albert VII,
with your head upon the shoulder of Texas Ranger Darkbloom.

Don Stockbauer

Feb 20, 2011, 9:44:45 PM2/20/11

nay, nay, beta Lyrae 7 it is, oh my brother.

Texas Ranger Darkbloom. I know the man. Busted me for illegal pecans.

kelpzoidzl

Feb 24, 2011, 5:42:25 PM2/24/11
On Jan 28, 2:11 pm, MickeyMoop <farfe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I wished they'd hurry.

kelpzoidzl

Feb 24, 2011, 5:44:13 PM2/24/11

Aren't the Mexican druglords gettng into the pecan business yet?

Don Stockbauer

Feb 24, 2011, 7:01:19 PM2/24/11
> Aren't the Mexican druglords gettng into the pecan business yet?-

No, they know where the big money is.

Automobile upholstery refinishing.

Ooops, stole that from an old Dick Cavett routine.

MickeyMoop

Mar 5, 2011, 3:07:04 PM3/5/11
> Ooops, stole that from an old Dick Cavett routine.- -

"The biologist Lewis Wolpert believes that the queerness of
modern physics is just the tip of the iceberg. Science in general, as
opposed to technology, does violence to common sense. Wolpert
calculates, for example, 'that there are many more molecules in a
glass of water than there are glasses of water in the sea.' Since all
the water on the planet cycles through the sea, it would seem to
follow that every time you drink a glass of water, the odds are good
that something of what you are drinking has passed through the bladder
of Oliver Cromwell. There is, of course, nothing special about
Cromwell, or bladders. Haven't you just breathed in a nitrogen atom
that was once breathed out by the third iguanodon to the left of the
tall cycad tree? Aren't you glad to be alive in a world where not only
is such a conjecture possible but you are privileged to understand
why? And publicly explain it to somebody else, not as your opinion or
belief but as something that they, when they have understood your
reasoning, will feel compelled to accept?" - Richard Dawkins, "The God
Delusion."

Don Stockbauer

Mar 5, 2011, 4:55:49 PM3/5/11
Haven't you just breathed in a nitrogen atom
> that was once breathed out by the third iguanodon to the left of the
> tall cycad tree?

MickeyMoopsey-poo, ewe'll have to specify which tree better. Lotsa
them back then.

MickeyMoop

Mar 6, 2011, 7:37:59 PM3/6/11

"What's the deal-e-o?" "Why so serious?" 'Come on, lift your
leg..' The Tree of Rachel Weisz in Clara's pecan orchard. David and
Gigolo http://mechahuggermr.tripod.com Jane and Teddy drink green tea
in the shade.

Don Stockbauer

Mar 6, 2011, 8:53:28 PM3/6/11
> Gigolohttp://mechahuggermr.tripod.comJane and Teddy drink green tea
> in the shade.

Prove all that!!!!!!

MickeyMoop

Mar 11, 2011, 4:38:17 PM3/11/11
> > Gigolohttp://mechahuggermr.tripod.comJaneand Teddy drink green tea

> > in the shade.
>
> Prove all that!!!!!!

erruhwinning - - - http://mechahuggermr.tripod.com/id62.html

Don Stockbauer

Mar 16, 2011, 3:31:06 PM3/16/11
On Mar 11, 4:38 pm, MickeyMoop <farfe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 8:53 pm, Don Stockbauer <donstockba...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > >     "What's the deal-e-o?" "Why so serious?" 'Come on, lift your
> > > leg..'  The Tree of Rachel Weisz in Clara's pecan orchard. David and
> > > Gigolohttp://mechahuggermr.tripod.comJaneandTeddy drink green tea

> > > in the shade.
>
> > Prove all that!!!!!!
>
>     erruhwinning - - -http://mechahuggermr.tripod.com/id62.html