Explain the alien(s) to me, please?

13 Crystal Skeleton Aliens

Jun 5, 2008, 7:54:43 PM6/5/08
I enjoyed the movie, but in that it's-my-4th-fave-Indy-movie way. I just
don't get the aliens at all. Please tell me if I missed something. 1)
Pan-dimensional aliens come to earth thousands of years ago and educate
primitive people. 2) These people happen to change the shape of their
skulls (to emulate the aliens?) 3) We know the alien isn't dead (he's
alive at the end of the movie), so for some reason the alien decides to
split into 13 alien skeletons and just sit around in chairs. 4) Some
Spanish dude is apparently able to get in to the alien's pad and decides
to take one of the aliens' skulls, and the aliens let him do it.
Apparently the Spaniard croaks and is cocooned with the skull (I think I
missed the how or why here) and some guys sit around and guard the
grave, but never return the skull themselves. 5) A completely different
(albeit distantly related) race of aliens crashes at Roswell. The
wreckage is witnessed by Indy and the Feds lock up the bodies at Area
51. Apparently other of this "type 2" aliens are found around the world,
and other Crystal Skulls (now where did those other Crystal Skulls come
from, the type 2 aliens?) 6) The Soviet Union forces Indy to steal the
Area 51 alien, even though they apparently already have aliens of this
type. Can someone clear up my confusion... I really hope I missed
something and that these aren't plotholes.

Vlad

Jun 8, 2008, 4:59:35 PM6/8/08
Biggest flaw in the movie. This wasn't Star Wars or ET.
It's Indiana Jones!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps they didn't set up our expectations properly during the film, or the ET
theming was beyond the usual religious theme and thus beyond our prepared
suspension of belief.

The ending was a monumental let down to a routinely boring script. None in my
family had any problem with For's age, but it felt like he was just going
through the motions. I suppose I would have to given the screenplay he had to
work with.

And again, Lucas has chosen CGI FX over practical, and a better title might have
been Star Wars VII: The Aliens Leave the Planet.

Shaya or whoever never had a chance. His character had no redeeming value except
to the hordes of Disney fans he has accumulated. He may be a fine actor, but
History will never know judging from the pathetic character he was assigned.

My family totally loved the first 3 IJ films, but this was a half-hearted
attempt and failed miserably.

As I've pointed out to my 15 year old son, there is often no rational
explanation of why a certain script gets approved, especially with a $100
million dollar budget. (Probably more)

GlamidiaCholera

Jun 13, 2008, 2:01:48 PM6/13/08

"13 Crystal Skeleton Aliens" <sk...@whatthehellwasgeorgethinking.com>
schreef in bericht news:g29uc2$aoh$1...@aioe.org...

>I enjoyed the movie, but in that it's-my-4th-fave-Indy-movie way. I just
>don't get the aliens at all. Please tell me if I missed something.

No Spielberg has something with (space) aliens.

> 1) Pan-dimensional aliens come to earth thousands of years ago and educate
> primitive people. 2) These people happen to change the shape of their
> skulls (to emulate the aliens?) 3) We know the alien isn't dead (he's
> alive at the end of the movie), so for some reason the alien decides to
> split into 13 alien skeletons and just sit around in chairs.

No there were 13 aliens. But they were telepathically linked. Without one
head
the group was split, maybe it was even impossible to leave without the
thirteenth
one.

> 4) Some Spanish dude is apparently able to get in to the alien's pad and
> decides to take one of the aliens' skulls, and the aliens let him do it.

Maybe he vcut it off before they could do something?

> Apparently the Spaniard croaks and is cocooned with the skull (I think I
> missed the how or why here) and some guys sit around and guard the grave,
> but never return the skull themselves.

Maybe toutching, it is taboo?
Maybe they thought he beat the Gods, so he was pretty
something for them, don`t try to understand primitive men. ;o)

> 5) A completely different (albeit distantly related) race of aliens
> crashes at Roswell. The wreckage is witnessed by Indy and the Feds lock up
> the bodies at Area 51. Apparently other of this "type 2" aliens are found
> around the world, and other Crystal Skulls (now where did those other
> Crystal Skulls come from, the type 2 aliens?)

Maybe other crashes? Where those aliens didn`t survive?
But the skulls were kept, I know, why not the entire body ;o)

> 6) The Soviet Union forces Indy to steal the Area 51 alien, even though
> they apparently already have aliens of this type.

Maybe they needed more? maybe the other told them about the ship
that was somewhere?

> Can someone clear up my confusion... I really hope I missed something and
> that these aren't plotholes.

Well I didn`t pay much attention to those details, it's a movie
and fiction, so I just went with the flow.

GlamidiaCholera

Jun 13, 2008, 2:10:21 PM6/13/08

"Vlad" <redr...@smc.com> schreef in bericht

> Biggest flaw in the movie. This wasn't Star Wars or ET.
> It's Indiana Jones!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I was thinking X files. ;o)

> Perhaps they didn't set up our expectations properly during the film, or
> the ET
> theming was beyond the usual religious theme and thus beyond our prepared
> suspension of belief.

Yep, that is what I missed most, before it was occult oriented, this
was more science oriented, kinda.

> The ending was a monumental let down to a routinely boring script. None in
> my
> family had any problem with For's age, but it felt like he was just going
> through the motions. I suppose I would have to given the screenplay he had
> work with.

Ah don`t worry, the next one will use this story a bit, and be more occult
oriented, I wonder when they start shooting the next one, "the way of the
caduceus";o)

> And again, Lucas has chosen CGI FX over practical, and a better title
> might have
> been Star Wars VII: The Aliens Leave the Planet.
>
> Shaya or whoever never had a chance. His character had no redeeming value
> except
> to the hordes of Disney fans he has accumulated. He may be a fine actor,
> but
> History will never know judging from the pathetic character he was
> assigned.

Yeah he looked like another actor with his bike etc. even the clothes.
But in the next one Indy will find his daughter, yes, from the blond nazi,
she didn't die, but the question will be later, is it his daughter or his
fathers. Ha. ;o)

> My family totally loved the first 3 IJ films, but this was a half-hearted
> attempt and failed miserably.

Actually lover raiders of the lost ark, cared less about tempkle of doom,
but was pleasantly surprised by the last crusade, this ione was okay,
but I wasnt swept.