Criss Angel levitation is REAL!

turb...@bigfoot.com

Jul 24, 2005, 3:08:46 AM7/24/05
Does anyone out there believe that the Criss Angel levitations are
real? Wouldn't it be too obvious to use camera tricks, software/video
editing, etc.? Just playing the Devil's advocate... if you think about
it a lot of us believe there is an afterlife after we die. What would
be so absurd about levitation if we believe in an afterlife?

Ok... I can hear the laughter...:) All I'm saying is - if there are no
camera tricks involved, how does he do it?

The Magician

Jul 24, 2005, 3:42:01 AM7/24/05

wow...

Tom Randy

Jul 24, 2005, 2:44:37 PM7/24/05

Balducci method? Got a link to a video clip of this?

--
PCs, like air-conditioners, are useless when you open Windows.

Tom Randy

Jul 24, 2005, 8:05:58 PM7/24/05
On 2005-07-24 14:44:37 -0400, Tom Randy <So...@spamsucks.net> said:

> On 2005-07-24 03:08:46 -0400, turb...@bigfoot.com said:
>
>> Does anyone out there believe that the Criss Angel levitations are
>> real? Wouldn't it be too obvious to use camera tricks, software/video
>> editing, etc.? Just playing the Devil's advocate... if you think about
>> it a lot of us believe there is an afterlife after we die. What would
>> be so absurd about levitation if we believe in an afterlife?
>>
>> Ok... I can hear the laughter...:) All I'm saying is - if there are no
>> camera tricks involved, how does he do it?
>

> Balducci method? Got a link to a video clip of this?

Never mind, a little googling clued me in a bit. Still not sure how he
did it though. Self levitation interests me more than the old levitate
a lady gag anyway....

turb...@bigfoot.com

Jul 25, 2005, 1:28:51 AM7/25/05
Go to http://tv.yahoo.com and in the search box that says "search
listings by keyword" enter "Mindfreak" and look for the show
"Levitation"

Looks like they are running it twice on Tuesday and Wednesday July 26 &
27th

I know I sound like a kook, but hey someone has to! ha ha... I'm
having fun with it at least. I just have a hard time believing that a
serious magician would use camera tricks. With the technology we have
today, what would be the point???

coolt...@webtv.net

Jul 26, 2005, 9:10:09 PM7/26/05
my guess is chris angel is wearing a metal frame inside his clothsb
idea like copperfiellds pole levi idea so that he is able to bend
way down and stay like that then reverse his steps top come
back up standing up again idea and the chair levi idea my guess its
a ieaalso by chris angel plus his cool magic team:) added with johnny
tompson illusionist magician thts good in comdy act with doves with his
wife being comical with chewwing gum hehehe lol

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.magic.secrets/msg/1907d8377241e4c5?hl=en

its amazing how stuff stays in cool google search engine:)
http://www.wilds.org

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.magic.secrets/browse_frm/thread/4=
3666ee7e791434d/4f2ceec827e8446f?q=3Dsecret to franz harary space
shuttle=
vanish illusion&rnum=3D1&hl=3Den#4f2ceec827e8446f
http://203.120.90.137/%7eguezs/magic/statue_of_liberty.htm

COOL :)
type in any search engine
like
http://www.google.com
or
http://www.webcrawler.com
type in
tokyo professor
type in
alt.magic.secrets
type in
daytime stealth
type in
dc illusion secrets
type in
lear jet secret
type in
b2 stealth bomber vanish secret
type in
franz harary space shuttle vanish secret
type in
war magician
type in
stealth
type in
stealth and beyond
type in
now you see me now you don't
type in
walking through brick wall secret
dc walking through Great Wall of China secret

type in
dvd hidden easter eggs
type in
dvd easter eggs
type in
Statue of Liberty vanish secret
type in
wilds.org
type in
camp deer lake
http://www.magicmentors.com
http://www.themaskedmagician.com
http://www.abovetopsecret.com
http://www.tvmagicguide.com
http://www.wilds.org

that johnny tompson illusionist magician /comedymagician illusionist
helps with lance burtons herd of ele pants vanish idea:)

plus use helicopter in sky with nasas caleer wires idea
my guess for when cool chris angel levatated in the rest raunt place
cafe tera idea is he wearing a device that make it able to lift
chris angel weight in mid air and goes back in place on chris out
fit cloths idea that way it gives the cool illusionof cris angel
floating in mid air higher up and landing in chair
i give chris angel 10 stars for thinking of new ideas:)

same bat time same bat channel
http://www.magicmore.com
http://www.andrekole.org
http://www.goodnewsbaptist.org
http://ww.pray-give-go.com

type in google search engine
antigravity
type in
tesla
[...]

coolt...@webtv.net

Jul 26, 2005, 9:14:02 PM7/26/05
coolt...@msn.com
magicb...@msn.com
bp222...@msn.com
also try cleat plate glass ideas to float in mi air

coolt...@webtv.net

Jul 27, 2005, 12:11:33 AM7/27/05
coolt...@msn.com
magicb...@msn.com
bp222...@msn.com
also try clear plate glass ideas to float in mid air
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.magic.secrets/msg/1907d8377241e4c5?hl=en

wires
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.magic.secrets/msg/1907d8377241e4c5?hl=en

i give chrisangel unlimeted stars:)

friendly nighbor hood spidy man bill page magic man :)

NYC KID

Jul 27, 2005, 12:17:27 PM7/27/05
If you know how the broom suspension works, you can figure out the
levitation.

<turb...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Tony

Jul 30, 2005, 7:07:22 PM7/30/05
I've been doing illusions since I was a kid and now that I am a full grown
kid. In order for me to believe that it was real I would have to see it in
real life. I just spoke with some people that built levitations for other
magicians and no I don't believe he can do this.
It also bothers me highly that I paid for some of David
Blaines levys and they were fake.
Think about this, if it was real would he be in Vegas or traviling aroung
the world becoming the greatest magician that ever lived.

Tony

Joker of The Pack

Aug 1, 2005, 3:46:43 PM8/1/05
<turb...@bigfoot.com> wrote...

> I just have a hard time believing that a serious magician would
> use camera tricks.

So, you do not consider that a famous magician would use camera tricks to make large objects
disappear on TV? Or that a magician would use editing to improve the effect for the TV
audience?

As long as people believe that camera tricks are outdated or too obvious, TV magicians can
still get away with using camera tricks when it suits their need.

> With the technology we have
> today, what would be the point???

Easy money, no effort required.
We all get lazy at times, or just wish for something a little less complicated. An engineer may
well be trained in all theory and able to fault find to component level, but now and then they
like a no brainer - dead fuse, poorly wired plug, common fault, etc.

Lack of time.
You have a job to do and little time to plan it in.

Improving your image.
Camera tricks allow for some amazing effects which may not be possible any other way. You
appear to be able to do things that no other magician can. No matter how hard he tries, a stage
magician may never be seen as being as good - because they cannot do the same things (they
could, if they were on TV rather than live).

Hype.
When you levitate just inches from the ground, it does not look too impressive on TV. Hyping
the effect can boost the turnout for your live shows.

Not only can a magician use an audience of stooges, but he can use real audiences and edit in
sections done while the audience were not there. This can boost the effect, with the TV
audience believing that it was all witnessed live. The original audience will even believe they
really saw it like that, believing that the camera cannot lie.
With today's technology, camera tricks can be taken that step further. For some years, there
has also been the technology allowing single frames to be removed. The BBC used it when the
Magic Monkey show came here. Considering the language differences, the British actors could
never have made their speech match the lip movements, so somone had the job of making the lip
movements match the voices.
A example use may be to speed up the apparent time taken to perform something, giving the
impression that the magician did not have time to perform certain moves.

Modern technology does not make camera tricks obsolite, it just adds to the possibilities.

JoTP.

Johhny Redd

Aug 1, 2005, 4:41:33 PM8/1/05
I think he did the park levitation with the girl using a buried
electromagnet and the girl had on a vest or other contraption under
her shirt. Lots of clothes on people at the park on a mild to warm (by
appearance) day.
Look at the front neckline of the girls shirt....

Later

Ray Haddad

Aug 1, 2005, 5:19:50 PM8/1/05
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:41:33 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"
and Johhny Redd <no...@nowhere.net> instead replied:

>Look at the front neckline of the girls shirt....

Hey! That was my daughter!
--
Ray

Joker of The Pack

Aug 3, 2005, 2:03:22 PM8/3/05
"Johhny Redd" <no...@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> I think he did the park levitation with the girl using a buried
> electromagnet and the girl had on a vest or other contraption under
> her shirt. Lots of clothes on people at the park on a mild to warm (by
> appearance) day.
> Look at the front neckline of the girls shirt....

I was referring to a self levitation effect. What, or who, was you referring to?

You have to consider that I am in the UK, so usually refer to the magicians best known here.
Which comes back to one of my reasons for camera trickery...

> >Improving your image.

Magic is not big on UK TV, so it may not be easy to become as famous here. Using effects that
could not truly work live (or are not as impressive) with a real audience has certainly helped
certain American magicians become household names here.

For me, camera trickery has just about destroyed the credibility of TV magic. Far too many
effects could be done with such methods. Whether they are done that way is not the issue. As
long as an audience can think of a way it *could* be done, it no longer seems impossible and so
the magic has gone.

> Later

Possibly much later, I am not getting much spare time for newsgroups right now.

JoTP.

Graeme Fishwick

Aug 4, 2005, 7:42:38 AM8/4/05
It is possible for the butterfly effect to happen in "real" time. An effect
similar to the one you described is mentioned in Paul Harris' The Art Of
Astonishment three book series. But I totally agree with you that camera
trickery has spoiled our magical art. How many times have we heard "can you
levitate like David Blaine can?" we do the balducci and they say "no he rose
4 ft off the ground!!".

MagicG
<Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com> wrote in message

> >For me, camera trickery has just about destroyed the credibility of TV
magic.

> I finally got to see 2 episodes of the Criss Angel Mindfreak show.
> The camera cuts are really disturbing.
>
> He did one trick where a woman draws a picture of a butterfly on a
> small piece of paper. She folds it twice, then the camera cuts, and
> the paper is unfolded and a live butterfly flies out.
>
> This seems to me to be a level of trick that a professional magician
> should be able to pull off. The camera cut totally ruins it. He
> could have pulled a panther out at this point, and it wouldn't matter.
>
> And of course the ridiculous edit that occurs at the end of his fire
> stunt.

Phil Long

Aug 5, 2005, 5:02:31 PM8/5/05
On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:42:38 GMT, "Graeme Fishwick"
<magicg...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>It is possible for the butterfly effect to happen in "real" time. An effect
>similar to the one you described is mentioned in Paul Harris' The Art Of
>Astonishment three book series.

I myself wonder what would have happened if the spectator drew a
kangaroo or a mountain lion or a black bear, etc etc?

How convienant that it was a small butterfly.

Gord

Aug 6, 2005, 11:42:53 AM8/6/05

"Phil Long" <pl...@ptd.net> wrote in message

Wait, are you suggesting he used a stooge? He wouldn't do that, no way,
no how. He just wouldn't!!!! (Would he? I'm so confused.)

shayne

Aug 24, 2005, 11:38:49 PM8/24/05
What do mean by "and they were fake"
Are you implying that there are REAL levitations?

Shayne

"Tony" <one1w...@comcast.net> wrote in message