Abus Vs Master Diskus'

Daniel D

Jul 5, 2002, 7:27:20 PM7/5/02
I am looking for a Diskus type lock, and at a local hardware store,
they have a Master lock that resembles the Abus Diskus. My question
is, are there any differences between the two? (eg-pick resistance,
security, mushroom pins, durability...) and would it matter which I
choose to use?
Thanks,

Daniel D

Glen Cooper

Jul 5, 2002, 9:06:17 PM7/5/02
Master is trash as always.
"Daniel D" <danield...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

Darren Ingleson

Jul 6, 2002, 1:03:48 AM7/6/02
Shiva,

Not to sound persnickity...

What the hell is a "shank"? ;)

Do you mean shackle?

Never heard that term before.

Darren

Wildwood Lock

> personally, and its a quirk of mine, I would take the Abus,
>GIVEN the shank etc is the same size...
> to me, again a PERSONAL issue-they are better constructed...
>I have had far more problems with Master...

Jim Billings

Jul 6, 2002, 12:36:28 AM7/6/02
I can always pick a master off with ease every time, with the abus I drill
about 1/2 of them after not picking them in a min. or 2.

Jim Billings

"Keyman"

Jul 6, 2002, 1:00:57 AM7/6/02
"Daniel D" <danield...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

There is no comparison
Abus Wins / Hands Down

All of the Abus stainless steel Diskus padlocks are made in
Germany with the latest high tech equipment designed by Abus
engineers. The stainless steel shells on every Diskus is at
least 50% thicker than any competitor. To compliment this, the
weld around the circumference is at least 50% deeper. This
results in pulling and torsion resistance that is 4 times
stronger than anything else on the market. For maximum security
choose the 20 series which also comes with a dust cover. The new
26 series now features drill protection over the keyway. The 28
series Buffo has almost the same strength as the 24 series at
just a little over half the price. The Diskus locks fit
perfectly on most self storage doors. Once on the door, they are
10 times harder to remove than anything else without the key.

20 SERIES
The 20 Series is the only Diskus padlock to feature the Abus Plus
Cylinder. The Plus Cylinder ensures key control as there are
only a handful of certified locksmiths that have our exclusive
plus key cutting machines.
Features of the 20 series include:
ISO 9002 certified production
Unique shackle design ensures protection from bolt cutters and
pry bars
Available keyed alike, keyed different, and master keyed
6 disc cylinder for over 30,000 possible key combinations
Hardened first disc prevents drilling of cylinder
Chrome Moly through hardened shackle
Lifetime Warranty on manufacturer defects
Stainless steel body and solid brass or copper internal parts
ensure lifetime rust resistance

my2
--
"Keyman"

Marshall

Jul 6, 2002, 4:19:41 AM7/6/02
YES YES YES there is a difference.

I had a job of opening 5 Abus disk locks. I thought Hey easy job I can pick
them or drill them No Problem.
$40 for the service call
Priced each lock at
$5.00 to 8.00 each.

They are impossible to pick due to the warded pins.
When I tried to drill them Oh My Freaking God.
Abus has a dead locking feature on their Disk locks. Master does not. I
drilled out the lock expecting to turn the cylinder Ha ha ha OMG. The dead
lock feature would not allow the lock to turn. I had to cut them open down
the edge with a torch because of what these locks where on. I dumped out
most all of the locks guts and until I flipped the DL feature them bad boys
would not open.

On time alone I lost my butt, However, I learned a great lesson.

Marshall

Daniel D

Jul 7, 2002, 11:51:55 AM7/7/02
Looks like it'll be an Abus when I get around to buying it.
Thanks guys!

Daniel D

"Keyman"

Jul 7, 2002, 2:25:16 PM7/7/02
"Daniel D" <danield...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Looks like it'll be an Abus when I get around to buying it.
> Thanks guys!
>
> Daniel D

good choice Daniel
I say that because Abus is the "Best" Diskus Lock on the market.
Be sure and look into a 20 SERIES DISKUS
Diskus with Plus Cylinder....

my2
--
"Keyman"

Darren Ingleson

Jul 7, 2002, 9:31:24 PM7/7/02
Shiva,

I know that you are from Arkansas. Saw this on 60 Minutes a
few weeks back on ABSOLUTLY bizarre state laws. You may find this
interesting: apparently it is a felony to pronounce Arkansas as
"AR-KANSAS. Is this true?

It's on the books.

Billy, where are thowt? Is "shank" acceptable? Billy?
BILL-EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Darren

Wildwood Lock

>On Sat, 06 Jul 2002 05:03:48 GMT, you wrote:
>
>>Shiva,
>>
>>Not to sound persnickity...
>>
>>What the hell is a "shank"? ;)
>>
>>Do you mean shackle?
>>
>>Never heard that term before.
>>
>>Darren
>>
>>Wildwood Lock
>>

> LOL... yep... arent shackles handcuffs? LOL
>you are correct tho-had other things on the mind...doing keys for
>a 40 year old car, long distance...

Billy B. Edwards Jr.

Jul 8, 2002, 6:36:33 PM7/8/02
Darren Ingleson wrote:

> Billy, where are thowt? Is "shank" acceptable? Billy?
> BILL-EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I thought you pretty well had it covered so I didn't
post.
BBE.

shank
n. 1 the part of a bit key between the bow and the
stop; or, if there is no shoulder stop, the part
between the bow and the near side of the bit, 2. a
smaller diameter portion of a knob that is positioned
between the larger portion of the knob and the rose or
the door surface