what's the difference?

Sean McIlroy

Jul 23, 2006, 10:31:13 PM7/23/06
hi all

can anyone explain the difference between

saucisse / saucisson
cerveau / cervelle

?? thank you.

peace,
stm

Jean-Côme Charpentier

Jul 23, 2006, 11:34:38 PM7/23/06
Sean McIlroy a écrit :

> hi all
>
> can anyone explain the difference between
>
> saucisse / saucisson
> cerveau / cervelle

Funny! Some days ago, I discuted about saucisse versus saucisson with my
friends. It seems that the meaning is regional-dependent. For me
"saucisson" is like a kind of "saucisse" but "saucisson" is a meat
dried, "saucisse" is not dried. ("saucisse sèche" exists but it's a kind
of "saucisson"!) My friends didn't agree with me! After I read your
question, I googled and I'm right! Well, say that I'm agree with the
Academy :-)
<http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saucisson>

About "cervelle", it can be exactly like "cerveau" but for speaking
relax. There is also the meanings: I think with my "cerveau" and I eat
the rabbit's "cervelle" (it's now forbidden to eat "cervelle de veau"...
what a pitty).

Jean-Côme Charpentier

chrislex

Jul 24, 2006, 2:47:18 AM7/24/06
Hello,

cerveau/cervelle:

You know the difference between pig/pork, calf/veal, ox/beef... it's the
same for cerveau/cervelle:
cerveau is an organ (part of the animal) whereas cervelle is the meat to
eat. The origin of the difference (Saxon vs. French) is said to come from
the Norman conquest when the Saxons raised the animals for the Norman rulers
to eat.

saucisse/saucisson:

saucisse is raw meet to roast whereas saucisson is ready to be consumed.

IMHO

Christian

"Sean McIlroy" <sean_m...@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1153708272.9...@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

Sean McIlroy

Jul 24, 2006, 12:00:14 PM7/24/06

groovy
thank you

sean

Jim Heckman

Jul 24, 2006, 4:03:11 PM7/24/06

On 24-Jul-2006, "Sean McIlroy" <sean_m...@yahoo.com>
wrote in message <1153756814.0...@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>:

> groovy
> thank you

Note to francophones: Do /not/ use "groovy" unless you're very,
very fluent in English and know exactly what you're doing. To my
ears at least, it's a ridiculous anachronism unless you're jokingly
trying to evoke the hippie era of the late 60's and early 70's.

Sean, do you really use "groovy" in conversation?

--
Jim Heckman

LordAvalon

Jul 26, 2006, 9:40:06 AM7/26/06

Jim Heckman a écrit :

Yesterday's "out" are tomorrow's trendy fashions...

Citoyen de la République

Aug 18, 2006, 9:05:45 PM8/18/06