O.T. RIP Space Shuttle Columbia crew

1 view

real add.>@tampabay.com zero

Feb 1, 2003, 10:04:49 AM2/1/03
CNN, or any other channel......

---

HVACMD

Feb 1, 2003, 11:06:04 AM2/1/03

"zero @tampabay.com>" <zero <not real add.> wrote in message
news:lmR_9.20953$Ev1.5...@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

CNN, or any other channel......

It's like 'deja vu all over again'

Unbelievable

CBHvac

Feb 1, 2003, 11:12:51 AM2/1/03
.....................oh.....hell.....

"zero @tampabay.com>" <zero <not real add.> wrote in message
news:lmR_9.20953$Ev1.5...@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

Noon-Air

Feb 1, 2003, 11:17:17 AM2/1/03

"HVACMD" <hvacm...@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:MfS_9.117392$rM2.51807@rwcrnsc53...

My prayers go out to the families of the astronauts

Don Ocean

Feb 1, 2003, 3:19:59 PM2/1/03

"zero

Prayers and Condolences for the crew and their families..   :-(
I am amazed that nobody in that 200 mile strip of Texas
was struck by debri....I do see NASA is already lobbying
for much larger grants...And the smoke hasn't even cleared yet..
Imagine coming home from 200,000 feet at approx 10,000 MPH.
And just how did they manage to hit Texas....Or even the US for
that matter...Odds would have dictated the Worlds oceans.

Igor

Feb 1, 2003, 3:30:36 PM2/1/03
On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 14:19:59 -0600, Don Ocean <oc...@amerion.com> wrote:
>And just how did they manage to hit Texas....Or even the US for
>that matter...Odds would have dictated the Worlds oceans.

They were already on their set flight/glide path and in our atmosphere -- and 10K MPH
provides a lot of directional force. It's not like the old Soviet space station that
skipped along the outer atmosphere and then tumbled in.

TURTLE

Feb 1, 2003, 2:49:14 PM2/1/03

"HVACMD" <hvacm...@attbi.com> wrote in message

This is Turtle.

Yea it is. The debris from the Shuttle is falling where Larry Larry is at or
was mostly.

We should take a minute in prayer for the lost and their familys.

TURTLE

Marc O'Brien

Feb 1, 2003, 6:18:29 PM2/1/03
I hear Mohammed, the second in charge, had set the shuttle on a course for
the white house... of course, he had to be shot out the sky :)

--
Marc O'Brien
http://fridgetech.com

Michael Taurus

Feb 1, 2003, 6:21:12 PM2/1/03

"Marc O'Brien" <alt....@fridgetech.com> wrote

> I hear Mohammed, the second in charge, had set the shuttle on a course for
> the white house... of course, he had to be shot out the sky :)

Laughter is the best medicine, Marc, but a little soon don't ya think???

ftwhd

Feb 1, 2003, 6:24:49 PM2/1/03

Its hard for Marc to think anymore with his head wedged inside a gin
bottle.

Mike

Marc O'Brien

Feb 1, 2003, 7:48:10 PM2/1/03
"ftwhd" <ft...@fuckoffspammers.com> wrote in message

Clearly, Mike has some obsession-form with drink :)

Or perhaps it's just that technical-competence inferiority-complex he's
"pissed" at :)

Mike, dear, you'll have to impress me with some cleverness, one day, then it
might matter to me what you babble :)

p...@see_my_sig_for_address.com

Feb 1, 2003, 7:56:32 PM2/1/03
On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:21:12 -0500, "Michael Taurus"
<WeAr...@home.now> wrote:

Don't mind Marc, he just likes to see how much he can piss
people off. Ever since his wife and daughter threw his ass out of
their lives, he's been like that. He'll get better in another decade
and a half or so when he gets to stop paying the child support and
alimony for his ex-family that doesn't want him any more.

How's it feel, Marc ?

>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~
http://helpthecritters.com/ is my domain for helping critters

Coming soon - PMTherm version 2.0 !! http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm.htm

My personal site is at http://www.pmilligan.net ,
featuring free HVAC, psychrometric, stock market, and other software

Don Ocean

Feb 1, 2003, 8:14:06 PM2/1/03

Michael Taurus wrote:

You just have to understand that Marc is usually alcohol soaked by this time
 of day and hates Americans. We are to blame for the demise of South Africa
as he knew it ...plus his diaper rash and anything else that can be thought up!!

Michael Taurus

Feb 1, 2003, 9:11:50 PM2/1/03

"Marc O'Brien" <alt....@fridgetech.com> wrote

> Mike, dear, you'll have to impress me with some cleverness, one day, then

it
> might matter to me what you babble :)

Dude,

I just said you have bad timing with the shuttle joke. That's all I
said.....

CBHvac

Feb 1, 2003, 10:00:18 PM2/1/03
Man..

Thats just wrong right now..

Everyone else...lets not forget....we still got 3 guys up there..

"Marc O'Brien" <alt....@fridgetech.com> wrote in message

Marc O'Brien

Feb 2, 2003, 6:41:28 AM2/2/03
"Michael Taurus" <WeAr...@home.now> wrote in message

Lol, either you have my sense of humour or you don't realise that ftwhd
(fuck the world hard) is also a Mike :)

Michael Taurus

Feb 2, 2003, 6:52:54 AM2/2/03

"Marc O'Brien" <alt....@fridgetech.com> wrote

> Lol, either you have my sense of humour or you don't realise that ftwhd

> (fuck the world hard) is also a Mike :)

<in my best Johnny Carson voice>

"I did not know that....."

Marc O'Brien

Feb 2, 2003, 7:28:52 AM2/2/03
<pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:21:12 -0500, "Michael Taurus"
> <WeAr...@home.now> wrote:
>

> >"Marc O'Brien" <alt....@fridgetech.com> wrote
> >
> >> I hear Mohammed, the second in charge, had set the shuttle on a course
for
> >> the white house... of course, he had to be shot out the sky :)
> >
> >Laughter is the best medicine, Marc, but a little soon don't ya think???
> >

> Don't mind Marc, he just likes to see how much he can piss
> people off.

I think the source of the problem lies more with the fact that I am still
shocked to have learnt that you people are, on the most part, a nation of
indoctrinated fundamentalists spending much of your time giving some dead
guy called Jesus head, a nation down on its knees most of the time sucking a
dick you think came from some ego central heaven. A country so juvinile to
its core that even the bloody leader still goes to bible meetings really
meant only for kids, christ, and just when a country that has caused most of
the shit in the world thinks it can get all egotistically "new years
resolution" about changing the world. So now we have one bunch of idiotic
fundamentalist chasing another, mean time, the rest of the worlds long ago
grown out of all that school boy shit :)

> Ever since his wife and daughter threw his ass out of
> their lives, he's been like that.

Er, in many ways I do regret asking my ex to leave, in my heart I don't
think I really wanted it but that's probably because I set high standards
and am extreemly fussy about womans intellect and naturalness meaning it not
likely I'll find someone of her calibre again, simply because her type are
literally rare. But I know I needed more space to quietly sit, uninterupted,
and learn as I like to do. That may just be an ENTP thing. My family and
friends always want me to join them for lunch or other such outings but I
always feel I have one more skill to learn or one more book to research or
just one more new gadget to master or one more inovative idea to come up
with, I got tired and stressed having my ex trying to persuade me to think
and learn less and play more. She couldn't understand that understanding and
inventing is about all there is that matters to me. Well, she could, just
that she stressed me out trying to tilt things a bit. The up side is that my
learning curve took and maintained a steep climb since. The different and
good thing about friends though, as opposed to partners, is that even though
you might have been promising them for years that you'll drive down and meet
them for a drink some weekend soon, even after a couple years they don't
stress you out by moaning about it. They're just happy to have that beer
once every few years :)

> He'll get better in another decade
> and a half or so when he gets to stop paying the child support and
> alimony for his ex-family that doesn't want him any more.
>
> How's it feel, Marc ?

Well, my friends might wait years for that beer but never ever do I delay
seeing my daughter. Took daughter into town for some shopping and lunch last
weekend, we do a lot of shopping - we get together every second weekend you
see, and there, in this South African restaurant chain, we bumped into her
science teacher who at great length told me how clever my daughter was, that
she wasn't just top of her year but was the most clever student she ever
remembered having. She told me how they always argue when new material is
introduced and how my daughter usually wins... lol... you ask me how does it
feel? Oh boy! She's also the schools long distance runner and sprinter for
her age group, faster than all the guys in her year and even faster than the
girl in the year above, she's also a part of the UK's junior gymnast team...
Oh boy! how does it feel? Damn, if you knew anything about me, anything at
all, as unlikely as that may be, Paul, you wouldn't be asking me how it
feels :)

Marc O'Brien

Feb 2, 2003, 10:21:02 AM2/2/03

"CBHvac" <webm...@removethis.carolinabreezehvac.com> wrote in message

> Man..
>
> Thats just wrong right now..
>

> Everyone else...lets not forget....we still got 3 guys up there..

NASA = Need Another Seven Astronauts

Actually, if anyone knows any of the next of kin, tell them I'm sorry 'n all
but that I really would like a souvenir, perhaps charred head-in-a-helmet,
something that I can put up on the pelmet to tickle me guests with :)

TURTLE

Feb 2, 2003, 12:05:13 PM2/2/03

"Marc O'Brien" <alt....@fridgetech.com> wrote in message

This is Turtle.

Howard Hughes had the same thoughts and problem.

TURTLE

Oscar_lives

Feb 2, 2003, 2:17:04 PM2/2/03

"Marc O'Brien" <alt....@fridgetech.com> wrote in message
> <pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com> wrote in message
> I think the source of the problem lies more with the fact that I am still
> shocked to have learnt that you people are, on the most part, a nation of
> indoctrinated fundamentalists spending much of your time giving some dead
> guy called Jesus head, a nation down on its knees most of the time sucking
> dick you think came from some ego central heaven. A country so juvinile to
> its core that even the bloody leader still goes to bible meetings really
> meant only for kids, christ, and just when a country that has caused most
of
> the shit in the world thinks it can get all egotistically "new years
> resolution" about changing the world. So now we have one bunch of idiotic
> fundamentalist chasing another, mean time, the rest of the worlds long ago
> grown out of all that school boy shit :)

snip

> Marc O'Brien
> http://fridgetech.com

OK-- I was going to rail on you hard for your anti-Christian drivel, but
your ENTP explanation saved you from my rant. I am an ISTJ, so I guess I am
about as opposite as you are.

Anyway, we all reap what we sow. Just hope you are happy with your
garden...

Marc O'Brien

Feb 2, 2003, 5:21:58 PM2/2/03
"TURTLE" <tur...@worldnetla.net> wrote in message

> This is Turtle.
>
> Howard Hughes had the same thoughts and problem.
>
> TURTLE

Fuck me, I did a search on google to see if Howard was thought to be an
ENTP, nope, he comes out as an INTJ.

Interesting however, below is a list of supposed ENTP's and I nearly puked,
it seems they think America boy friend, Jesus, was also an ENTP... look at
the bottom of the list.

ENTP: Clara Bow ... Mama Cass ... Danny DeVito ... Richard Dreyfuss ...
Irene Dunne ... Allen Funt ... Larry Flynt (Hustler) ... Teri Garr ...
Tipper Gore ... Gene Hackman ... John Huston ... Charlie Chaplin ... Billy
Joel ... Daniel Day-Lewis ... Jack London ... Liza Minelli ... Robert
Mitchum ... Edward Manet ... Walter Matthau ... Ira Magaziner ... Malcolm X
... Oscar Schindler ... Liam Neeson ... Kim Novak(?) ... Paul McCartney ...
Vincent Price ... Bernadette Peters ... Linda Ronstadt ... Axl Rose ...
Susan Sarandon ... Carl Sagan ... William Shakespeare ... Mother Teresa ...
George Stephanopolous ... Kathleen Turner ... Albert Schweitzer ... Ted
Turner ... James Woods ... Tracey Ullman ... Mae West ... Andy Warhol ...
Billy Wilder ... Anne Bancroft ... Alec Baldwin ... Ted Bundy ... Jim
Morrison (The Doors) ... Jesse Jackson ... David Letterman ... M.B. Ragneesh
... Peter the Great ... Davy Crockett ... Thomas Kelly ... Benjamin Franklin
... Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ... David Bowie ... Eleanor Roosevelt ... Eddie
Murphy ... Jimmy Swaggart ... Henry Kissinger ... Henry VIII ... Hugh Hefner
... Stephen Hawking ... Ernest Hemingway ... Bette Midler ... Erica Jong ...
Ruth Westheimer ... Dolly Parton ... Erma Bombeck ... Mikail Gorbachev ...
Ansel Adams ... James Baker ... Bill Clinton ... Madonna ... Sharon Stone
... Ann Sheridan ... Marilyn Bergman ... Gloria Steinem ... Gloria Swanson
... George Gershwin ... Whoopi Goldberg ... Buddy Cianci ... Rockwell Kent
... Grant Wood ... Honore de Balzac ... Hector Berlioz ... Fritz Perls ...
Paul Tillich ... Galileo Galilei ... Geraldine Ferraro ... Amelia Earhart
... Jackie Gleason ... Jesus of Nazareth ... Wilhelm Fliess ... Thomas J.
Peters ... Kay Cassill ... Leonardo da Vinci ... Pablo Picasso ... Goethe
... Timothy Leary ... Alfred Stieglitz ... Gregory Hines ... Norman
Geschwind ... Jack Kerouac ... Winston Churchill ... Modigliani ... Frank
Lloyd Wright

Don Ocean

Feb 2, 2003, 5:24:41 PM2/2/03
Not only is this guy a rude, crude drunk....He's antisocial, anti-any-religion
Has illusions of Grandeur...And is a really long winded loud mouth(Poster)
Marc just go away....There is nothing here but us common folks...Your so far
above us with your inventions, intellect etc. Of course I realize all of thats a

secret from the rest of the world...I am however looking foreward to recieving
Your published accomplishments.. I am almost out of the Kyoto Global warming
study in my bathroom...That was a huge manuscript and lasted a long time...And
as
windy as you are...I would expect your publication to be as large...When you
sober
up, become more socialable and tolerant without all the mouth music...Let me
know!

Marc O'Brien wrote:

<deleted long boring self loving offal>

Don Ocean

Feb 2, 2003, 5:28:02 PM2/2/03

Marc O'Brien wrote:

> NASA = Need Another Seven Astronauts
>
> Actually, if anyone knows any of the next of kin, tell them I'm sorry 'n all
> but that I really would like a souvenir, perhaps charred head-in-a-helmet,
> something that I can put up on the pelmet to tickle me guests with :)

Its pretty obvious that you already have a pickled head...Your wearing it!

ftwhd

Feb 2, 2003, 5:51:52 PM2/2/03
On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:24:41 -0600, Don Ocean <oc...@amerion.com>
wrote:

>Not only is this guy a rude, crude drunk....He's antisocial, anti-any-religion

It's a good thing that Mark loves himself so much, lord knows no one
else could or ever will.

Mike

p...@see_my_sig_for_address.com

Feb 2, 2003, 6:29:56 PM2/2/03
wrote:

>Not only is this guy a rude, crude drunk....He's antisocial, anti-any-religion

>Has illusions of Grandeur...And is a really long winded loud mouth(Poster)
>Marc just go away....There is nothing here but us common folks...Your so far
>above us with your inventions, intellect etc. Of course I realize all of thats a
>
>secret from the rest of the world...I am however looking foreward to recieving
>Your published accomplishments.. I am almost out of the Kyoto Global warming
>study in my bathroom...That was a huge manuscript and lasted a long time...And

I find it goes by quicker if you fold the pages in half before
each use :-)

Marc O'Brien

Feb 2, 2003, 7:59:37 PM2/2/03
"Don Ocean" <oc...@amerion.com> wrote in message

My word, Don, such bitchiness...lol... I say, seems I bring out the feminine
in you !! :)

Tell me one thing, sweet heart, how on earth is it possible to be both
anti-social and anti-religious at the same time?.. lol... you really ought
not let your emotions get the better of you, hell, you're not a very
perceptive person even at the best of times :)

Hvacmam

Feb 2, 2003, 8:09:12 PM2/2/03
Marc O'Brien wrote:

Marc -- this may be humiliating, but if you had been paying any
attention the past few years to advances made in genetics research, you
would know that intelligence is passed down from the female -- i.e., if
she's bright, it has nothing at all genetically to do with you or
whoever the father is. Gender is controlled by the father's
contribution, intelligence by the mother. Period.

Vicki

Vicki

p...@see_my_sig_for_address.com

Feb 2, 2003, 8:26:24 PM2/2/03
On 03 Feb 2003 01:09:12 GMT, Hvacmam <vickin...@usa.net> wrote:

> Marc -- this may be humiliating, but if you had been paying any
>attention the past few years to advances made in genetics research, you
>would know that intelligence is passed down from the female -- i.e., if
>she's bright, it has nothing at all genetically to do with you or
>whoever the father is. Gender is controlled by the father's
>contribution, intelligence by the mother. Period.

That would also explain why she left him, and the little girl
did, too.

Marc O'Brien

Feb 2, 2003, 9:56:28 PM2/2/03
"Hvacmam" <vickin...@usa.net> wrote in message

> Marc O'Brien wrote:
>

> Marc -- this may be humiliating, but if you had been paying any
> attention the past few years to advances made in genetics research, you
> would know that intelligence is passed down from the female -- i.e., if
> she's bright, it has nothing at all genetically to do with you or
> whoever the father is. Gender is controlled by the father's
> contribution, intelligence by the mother. Period.

Ah, not humiliating at all, Vicky, in fact, you remind me why I believe
developing a thinking system is far more useful than acquiring knowledge. My
thinking system covers me very neatly here. I explained to her teacher that
I try my best to teach daughter HOW to think as opposed to WHAT to think.
Her mother is pretty damn clever too :)

Whether my daughter is intelligent or not, that's another matter entirely :)

Whether what you say is true or not, that too is another matter entirely :)

Marc O'Brien

Feb 2, 2003, 10:15:37 PM2/2/03
Lol, poor old Paul, I'm beginning to make feel sorry for you. While I'm a
little surprised my extended post indeed had the effect I expected on Don,
I'm even more surprised to have learnt from this your inferiority complex...
cat's just aint a satisfactory substitute for kids hey? :)

If you're not willing to give 100% Paul, then the most responsible thing to
do is let it go. You prefer pets to people, perhaps an analogy would be the
saying "A dog is not just for Christmas, a dog is for life" If you can't
dedicate your life then you before you waist someone else's life you've best
let them go.

It's about honesty, with yourself, old cap, not holding some imaginary gods
imaginary hand, but for you to be a properly developed independent thinking
human being and do the LOGICAL thing.

Paul, there are a lot of woman out there that, like yourself, prefer to
remain single but would love to have kids. Meet a few of them, you'll be
surprised how willing some are to come to an agreement with your sentiments.
Just because you know the responsible thing to do is stay single, knowing
your own personality - it doesn't mean you have to die never experiencing
fatherhood.

Cat's, Paul, it just isn't the same thing.

--

<pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com> wrote in message

Hvacmam

Feb 3, 2003, 10:08:20 PM2/3/03
Marc O'Brien wrote:

Do a quick search -- intelligence is passed on through
mitochondrial DNA, and ALL mitochondria is inherited from the MOTHER.
Simple genetics. Only females pass it on; it is never inherited through
the male.

TURTLE

Feb 4, 2003, 2:10:18 AM2/4/03

"Hvacmam" <vickin...@usa.net> wrote in message

This is Turtle.

No your wrong here. Marc's family DNA is not like everybody else. His is
call AND and the Male carries it on through the AND and not the DNA.

TURTLE

HVACMD

Feb 4, 2003, 3:09:09 AM2/4/03

"Marc O'Brien" <alt....@fridgetech.com> wrote > I think the source of the

problem lies more with the fact that I am still
> shocked to have learnt that you people are, on the most part, a nation of
> indoctrinated fundamentalists spending much of your time giving some dead
> guy called Jesus head, a nation down on its knees most of the time sucking
> dick you think came from some ego central heaven. A country so juvinile to
> its core that even the bloody leader still goes to bible meetings really
> meant only for kids, christ, and just when a country that has caused most
of
> the shit in the world thinks it can get all egotistically "new years
> resolution" about changing the world. So now we have one bunch of idiotic
> fundamentalist chasing another, mean time, the rest of the worlds long ago
> grown out of all that school boy shit :)

I'm not a Bible-thumper, but I find this extremely offensive. You're a real
piece of work.
I amazed that the rest of you continue to carry on a conversation with this
jerk

Marc O'Brien

Feb 4, 2003, 5:31:29 AM2/4/03
"Hvacmam" <vickin...@usa.net> wrote in message

Hmm, okay, I guess as an aside I might. Not to say that you're putting all
your eggs in one basket but at the rate I'm getting round to research non
hvacr stuff it could be that the theory has changed or even done a 180° by
the time I get round to it :) Otherwise, it has little to no relevance with
regards my daughters learned thinking system :)

Marc O'Brien

Feb 4, 2003, 5:56:33 AM2/4/03
"HVACMD" <hvacm...@attbi.com> wrote in message

And this I beleive is very related to the problem I see with Americans and
especially that guy with the monkey face, George Bush.

It reminds me of the incident in Nigeria recently where the Islamic folk
expressed disapproval about the lack of clothing worn during the Miss World
competition which they were supposed be hosting. A reporter wrote that
something about the woman being so fine at heart that even Mohammed would
have dated them. Lol, next thing there's a riot and the competition is
shifted to Europe.

What does Kay, in MIB II, keep in his locker at the station? Seems to the
director was trying to stereotype Americans :)

Iove doII

Feb 4, 2003, 8:01:47 AM2/4/03
>Subject: Re: O.T. RIP Space Shuttle Columbia crew
>From: "Marc O'Brien" alt....@fridgetech.com
>Date: 2/4/2003 2:31 AM Pacific Standard Time

>>>Major Snippage<<<

>Otherwise, it has little to no relevance with
>regards my daughters learned thinking system :)

Marc, please get back to us with your daughters comments AFTER she has had an
opportunity to read all of your posts on this subject line.
It will be real interesting to to read what her "learned thinking system"
thinks of your verbal manure.

Marc O'Brien

Feb 4, 2003, 8:50:52 AM2/4/03
"Iove doII" <iove...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

Oh, we laugh about it all the time. Making jokes and commenting on the
stupidity of Americans, Americanism and George Bush is quite a buzzing
distraction from the day to day things here. Although she seems to be more
seriously concerned than I am, about slightly differing issues, while she
knows my sense of humour and appreciates how I go about amusing myself, she
does express genuine concern about some issue regarding Bush's lack of
co-operation with a global pollution item. But you'll have to talk to HER
about that, I'm more concerned about peoples mind-set regards inability to
distinguish WHO and WHAT they are from "common wisdom" and those mind
poisoning assumptions that make them mistakenly think who and what they are.
I'm more concerned with bringing enlightenment fast by SMASHING common
prejudices. She's perhaps more concerned with outcomes while I'm more
concerned with fundamental mechanism.

Paul Belair

Feb 4, 2003, 8:43:37 AM2/4/03
It's sad to see so many lost lives in the space shuttle and I feel sorrow
for the Country the families, and NASA. They dedicated their lives to
exellence for us to be in space , and died young doing their job.

Marc O'Brien

Feb 4, 2003, 9:00:06 AM2/4/03
"Paul Belair" <good...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> It's sad to see so many lost lives in the space shuttle and I feel sorrow
> for the Country the families, and NASA. They dedicated their lives to
> exellence for us to be in space , and died young doing their job.

Personally, I believe you chose to subscribe to and/or browse through the
newsgroup alt.hvac, felt a desire to engage in a particular topic and
consequently submit a post in reply to another.