Mardi Gras Puns

Tim Bruening

Feb 28, 2006, 3:10:27 AM2/28/06

shelly <scouv...@bluemarble.net> wrote in message
news:<Pine.BSF.4.56.04...@tesla.bluemarble.net>...
> on 2004-10-14 at 05:05 <vija...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >It's my pleasure to stretch it longer!
>
> won't *somebody* think of the kittens?

How do we know that cats always land on their fathers?

Because cats always land on their Pa's (Paws).

Tim Bruening

Feb 28, 2006, 3:13:06 AM2/28/06

Mos wrote:

> >> One with pygthurr much food in it.
> >
> > There isn't such a thing.
>
> There is if only one bottle of wine can fit.

Drunker: Dog with a blood alcohol level of over 0.08.

Tim Bruening

Feb 28, 2006, 3:13:57 AM2/28/06

"Elisabeth Müller" wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:33:26 -0600, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:

> >> There isn't such a thing.
> >
> >There is if only one bottle of wine can fit.
>

> One point for Mos.

Apport: One wine bottle.

Porting: Musical wine.

Teleport: Give directions to wine.

Tim Bruening

Feb 28, 2006, 3:15:07 AM2/28/06

"J. A. Mc." wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:11:00 -0400, "Zotmeister" <z...@cox.net> found
these
> unused words floating about:

> >> An Aspen?:)
> >>
> >> A Bull Pen?
> >>
> >> A Pentalope?
> >>
> >> A Puncil?
> >
> >If you tap that last one against a table to a funky beat, is that Rap

> >Puncil? And does it get all the ladies to let their hair down and
let you
> >climb over them? (That does seem to be the effect of rap in music
videos.)

> >Brothers Grimm, we hardly knew ye.... - ZM, who notes that if you
haven't
> >read the REAL Rapunzel, you should - it's a DARK tale, and the "climb
over
> >them" part is more accurate than you may think otherwise
> >
> It towers over King.

Aspen: A donkey tree writing instrument.

Aston: 2,000 pounds of fire remains.

Grafton: A 2,000 pound bribe.

Tim Bruening

Feb 28, 2006, 3:21:56 AM2/28/06

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> > 2 Squared: Yelled by a mathematician golfer.
> >
> "Four cough! We were here first!" a golfing doctor replied!

Pardon: Mafia golfer.

Caddy: Demon golfer.

Tim Bruening

Mar 1, 2006, 3:00:54 AM3/1/06

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > C-ding: Bell that sows seeds in the sea.
> >
> > C-ping: Bell that leaks salt water.
> >
> > C-ting: Musical chair in the ocean.
> >
> > D-ming: Chinese vase #4.
> >
> > E-ting: Hungry bell on the Internet.
> >
> > P-Ping: Bell #16, serves as a toilet.
> >
> > T-Ming: Chinese vase #20, contains a stimulating beverage.
>
> Y-Ming: Cockey coded slang with a speech defect.

Wyoming: A verg big Chinese vase in the Western US.

nemo

Mar 2, 2006, 10:16:09 AM3/2/06

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Pathétic!: Flea who works for a film company.

nemo

Mar 2, 2006, 10:28:40 AM3/2/06

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

When I did RSA English in the early 60s there was no such word as drunker.
It was 'more drunk'. There are quite a few words like that where you're
spozter use 'more' instead of adding er on the end.

The Queen O'Fingland adds er to things but she's entitled!

nemo

Mar 2, 2006, 10:31:22 AM3/2/06

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Guest from the North of England pointing to a table with lots of unopened
bottles on it at a party: "When will they start Sauvignon wine?"

nemo

Mar 2, 2006, 10:33:20 AM3/2/06

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

And some. I wonder how much the oil and motor industries paid Dubbaya the
Shrub to oppose the Kyoto Protocol!

Sod the planet and the whole of mankind. His wallet is far more important!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

nemo

Mar 2, 2006, 10:35:07 AM3/2/06

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
Jimmy Durante singing while playing golf and drinking tea:

"Caddy . . . Caddy-caddoo . . . Caddy-caddy . . . Caddy-caddoo . . . "

Tim Bruening

Feb 20, 2007, 11:34:44 AM2/20/07
Happy Mardi Gras!

Mardi: French demon on Tuesday.

Tim Bruening

Feb 20, 2007, 11:36:00 AM2/20/07

Tim Bruening

Feb 20, 2007, 11:36:37 AM2/20/07

Tim Bruening

Feb 20, 2007, 11:36:59 AM2/20/07

Tim Bruening

Feb 20, 2007, 11:38:21 AM2/20/07

Tim Bruening

Feb 20, 2007, 5:40:13 PM2/20/07

Tim Bruening

Feb 20, 2007, 5:45:22 PM2/20/07

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > Boozer: Drunk knight.
> >
> > Hooser: Owl knight.
> >
> > Looser: Knight escape artist.
> >
> > Loser: Defeated knight.
>
> . . or the hinges on his armour have come undone!

Loser: Toilet knight.

Tim Bruening

Feb 20, 2007, 5:46:14 PM2/20/07

nemo

Feb 24, 2007, 6:51:18 AM2/24/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
You can catch im with a Mardi Graspelling Iron!

nemo

Feb 24, 2007, 6:56:08 AM2/24/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
Like Winkle Mander Gibson's dog in The Dambusters. They used to buy it
pints.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046889/

So did Stanley Van Beers. Used to give the dog Pyes as well.

nemo

Feb 24, 2007, 6:58:28 AM2/24/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
To the horse piddle?

F for Vescent wine that heart Consultants drink: Superior Vino Cava.

F for Vescent wine that junior doctors drink: Inferior Vino Cava.

nemo

Feb 24, 2007, 7:00:36 AM2/24/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
Penitentiary: Big canvas structure where they sell writing instruments to
convicts.

nemo

Feb 24, 2007, 7:01:45 AM2/24/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
Teak Addy: A wooden calculator.

nemo

Feb 24, 2007, 7:04:01 AM2/24/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Toilet Duck: Cleans out your quack.

http://www.scjohnson.co.uk/products/brand.asp?idb=9

Does it very cisternmatically as well!

nemo

Feb 24, 2007, 7:05:46 AM2/24/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
I have obverged your tie poe and say Yaa-Boo to you with knobs on for
pointing out my one earlier!

Innit!

Tim Bruening

Feb 24, 2007, 5:17:46 PM2/24/07

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> >
> > nemo wrote:
> >
> > > "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > > Y-Ming: Cockey coded slang with a speech defect.
> >
> > Wyoming: A verg big Chinese vase in the Western US.
> >
> I have obverged your tie poe and say Yaa-Boo to you with knobs on for
> pointing out my one earlier!
>
> Innit!

How do you obverge?

nemo

Feb 25, 2007, 2:38:02 PM2/25/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
By looking verg closely indeed.

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:39:38 AM2/5/08

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > Absent: Missing penny.
> >
> > Assent: 1 penny donkey.
> >
> > Cursent: One penny dog.
> >
> > Resent: To deliver the penny again.
> >
> > Unsent: One penny international association that often seems to
> > accomplish nothing, and keeps dissing the U.S.!
> >
> > Wisent: Smart penny.
>
> Two shilling a pint - Florinated Water!

Florin Nate: Man who makes teeth strong.

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:39:56 AM2/5/08

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > nemo wrote:
> >
> > > "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > > Woowing: The ghost of an owl.
> >
> > Snowing: Cood bird.
> >
> /d/ is nowhere near /l/!
>
> Flying war-leader: Wingston Churchill.

Communist hockey team that flies: Red Wings.

Communist bovine: Red Bull.

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:40:10 AM2/5/08

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > nemo wrote:
> >
> > > "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > against

> > > A nasty sting is the price of an angry bee, surely.
> >
> > Bejesus: Apine prophet.
>
> Money made from selling timber from spruce forests: A pine prophet.

The tree Messiah?

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:40:32 AM2/5/08

Joking: King Joe the first.

Joker: King Joe's dog.

Muffin: Swimming organ of a pastry fish.

Rimmer: Edge of an ocean.

Rimming: Edge of a Chinese vase.

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:40:52 AM2/5/08

Dammer: Ocean of mother deers.

Damming: Chinese vase of mother deers.

Damnation: Nation of mother deers, subsection of the Doe Nation.

Dimmer: Dark ocean.

Dimming: Dark Chinese vase.

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:41:10 AM2/5/08

nemo wrote:

> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > nemo wrote:
> >
> > > Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > > Hologram: Same as a telegram, except it's read to you over the
phone
> with
> > > lots of reverberation and echo.
> > >
> > > Conker: Someone agreeing about a chestnut.
> >
> > Conker: Against dogs.
> >
> I'll let that one Rotweiller nother pun forms in my mind!

Curtest: Dog exam.

Curvet: Dog in the army.

Curvy: Vampire K-9.

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:42:16 AM2/5/08

"Douglas D. Anderson" wrote:

> "Frank McCoy" <mcc...@millcomm.com> wrote
> > In alt.callahans "Douglas D. Anderson" <d...@rr.rochester.com> wrote:
> >

> > >"nemo" <ne...@newtylust.nit> wrote

> > >Old habits die hard. Logically, ante-meridian means "before noon", and
> > >hence the hours from midnight to noon should count down backwards,
> > >the post-meridian hours should count up, with noon being 0 hours and
> > >midnight 12 hours, midnight being both 12 hours before noon and 12
> > >hours afternoon. But this is all nonsense, the solution is to adopt the 24
> > >hour clock and be done with it. Without trying to be rood, I'm also an
> > >advocate of the United States adopting the MKSA metric standard and
> > >doing away, once and for all, with the old English system, relegating that
> > >to myth magic and legend where it belongs, and to hectare with all the
> > >belly acres.
> > >
> > But even with the 24-hour-clock, we *still* get the anti-intuitive nonsense
> > where 24:00 through 24:59 is *morning* of the next day.
> >
> > They STILL don't use 00:00 hours, which would make immeasurably more sense!
> > So don't go sneering at us, just because we have the problem twice a day instead
> > of only once like you do.
> >
> UTC, or "universal coordinated time" ( the reversal of t and c is due to the French),
> *does* use 0 hours, as does military Zulu time. 0 hours is midnight and follows
> 23h 59m 59.xx s. The first hour of the day is 0 hours and so many minutes and
> seconds. And no, I'm not sneering. The system works. I even like people who
> use sun dials, they're cool.

Military Zulu Time: Used by Zulu warriors?

Zulu: Toilet in a place were larges numbers of animals are put on
display.

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:42:31 AM2/5/08

"Cybe R. Wizard" wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:43:23 GMT

> > to the French),*does* use 0 hours, as does military Zulu time. 0

> > hours is midnight and follows 23h 59m 59.xx s. The first hour of the
> > day is 0 hours and so many minutes and seconds. And no, I'm not
> > sneering. The system works. I even like people who use sun dials,
> > they're cool.
>

> Gnomon likes sundials.

Sundial: Solar telephone.

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:43:54 AM2/5/08

Buffalo Chilkat wrote:

> Kathy wrote:
> >Buffalo Chilkat wrote
> >> Castro always wanted to be number one. He was not about to play
> >> second Fidel to anyone.
> >Such an experience could leave him emotionally cigarred.
> Uniformly true, do you havana more of those puns?

Cuba: Line of sheep.

Cuban: To prohibit lines and the letter "Q".

Noah: Ban on "A".

Begone: Ban on "B".

Nosey: Ban on "C".

Bandy: Ban on "D".

Bangy: Ban on "G".

Tim Bruening

Feb 5, 2008, 4:44:07 AM2/5/08

nemo wrote:

> J. A. Mc. <jaS...@gbr.online.com> wrote in message
> > With the warmer weather, the girls are taking off their heavier winter
> > garments. The French observe that the chest nuts are in blossom.
> >
> And when it gets really hot, brassieres May Fly!

Flowerings: Rings in bloom or musical buds?

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2008, 3:15:57 AM2/6/08
Sheila Dundee wrote:

> J. A. Mc. wrote:
> > On 1 Aug 2004 11:16:07 -0700, art...@yahoo.com (artyw) found these
> > unused
> > words floating about:
> >
> >> Harry Marmoset <harry_m...@msn.com> wrote in message

> >> They maybe im-morel, but they're fun guys to be around.
> >
> > Just so long as they don't shed their caps ...
>
> Do they tip their caps at gills as they com-post?

Jinto: Drunken foot digit.

Outsourcing: Song of displaced American workers.

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2008, 3:16:10 AM2/6/08

> nemo wrote:
>
> > Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > > Latent: Sex in a tent.
> > >
> > > Lately: Tardy (Tar-D) Korean.
> > >
> > > Latex: Texans having sex.
> > >
> > > Leaky: Key that lets water in.
> > >
> > > Lemma: Mother of a lemming.
> >
> > Latent Heat: Produced by the friction involved in sex in a tent.
> >
> > Intense heat: The same.
>
> Resulting in smoking durng sex?

She must have lined it with Dick Emery paper!

M-mery?

(BTW. I'm cooking crumpets at the moment!)

Crum Pet: Domestic animal in fragments.

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2008, 3:16:22 AM2/6/08

> Entree: Tree with N shaped leaves.
>
> Entrust: Confidence in N.
>
> Entry: Tree with N shaped leaves that serves as a portal.

Entry: A thing that frustrates chickens coz they can't fly high enough
reach its branches.

Orbiting chain-store: A thing that frustrates airline passengers coz
they
can't fly high enough to reach its branches.

The store is housed in a space tree?

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2008, 3:17:02 AM2/6/08

> nemo wrote:
>
> > "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > > Tree lava?
> > >

> > Industry: A large dendritic shrub engulfed after the eruption of
Mount
St.
> > Helens.
> >
> > Chemistry: A willow. It's where Aspirin comes from.
> >
> > Synastry: A gallows.
> >
> > Vestry: A large dendritic shrub upon which a vicar hangs his upper
underwear
> > out to dry.
>
> Banditry: A tree that robs passers-by.

Punditry: A large dendritic shrub with us hanging from the branches.

Circuitry: Same tree, but with the addition of electric Christmas Tree
lights.

Pantry: Tree with cooking utensils hanging from it.

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2008, 3:17:14 AM2/6/08

nemo wrote:

Artistry: Tree with paintings hanging from it.

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2008, 3:17:30 AM2/6/08

Coun-Tree: A very big tree!

Sen-Tree: A guardian tree.

Tapis-tree: A tree where magic tapestries grow.

Relief: What deciduous trees do in the spring.

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2008, 3:18:35 AM2/6/08

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > Columbus: Mass transit vehicle that drives around the world, and unto
> >
> > the ocean blue.
> >
> > Pumpkin: Children of the pump.
> >
> > Turkey: Unlocks a fowl lock.

Environ-Mental: Crazy conservationists.

Tim Bruening

Feb 24, 2008, 10:26:13 AM2/24/08

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> >
> > nemo wrote:
> >
> > > "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > > Y-Ming: Cockey coded slang with a speech defect.
> >
> > Wyoming: A verg big Chinese vase in the Western US.
> >
> I have obverged your tie poe and say Yaa-Boo to you with knobs on for
> pointing out my one earlier!
>
> Innit!

How do you obverge?

Tim Bruening

Feb 25, 2009, 2:25:39 AM2/25/09

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> >
> > nemo wrote:
> >
> > > "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > > Y-Ming: Cockey coded slang with a speech defect.
> >
> > Wyoming: A verg big Chinese vase in the Western US.
> >
> I have obverged your tie poe and say Yaa-Boo to you with knobs on for
> pointing out my one earlier!
>
> Innit!

How do you obverge?

Tim Bruening

Feb 25, 2009, 2:43:40 AM2/25/09

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > Iraq: Internet torture device.
> >
> > Suriname: A nation of knights who are called many things.
>
> Surplice: Knight who disguises himself as a priest.
>
> (Wan ewe didn't thin cough!)
>
> Sacristy: Beverage served in a room at the back of a church where the
G-d
> Squad accessories and accoutrements are kept.
>
> Chalice: Parasitic insects in a cup.

Parody: Demons who do caricatures or satire.

Tragedy: Demons in grief.

Tim Bruening

Feb 25, 2009, 2:44:16 AM2/25/09

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > Iraq: Internet torture device.
> >
> > Suriname: A nation of knights who are called many things.
>
> Surplice: Knight who disguises himself as a priest.
>
> (Wan ewe didn't thin cough!)
>
> Sacristy: Beverage served in a room at the back of a church where the
G-d
> Squad accessories and accoutrements are kept.
>
> Chalice: Parasitic insects in a cup.

Parody: Two demons.

Tim Bruening

Feb 25, 2009, 2:44:42 AM2/25/09

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > Iraq: Internet torture device.
> >
> > Suriname: A nation of knights who are called many things.
>
> Surplice: Knight who disguises himself as a priest.
>
> (Wan ewe didn't thin cough!)
>
> Sacristy: Beverage served in a room at the back of a church where the
G-d
> Squad accessories and accoutrements are kept.
>
> Chalice: Parasitic insects in a cup.

Parody: Flying demons that talk.

Tim Bruening

Feb 25, 2009, 2:45:07 AM2/25/09

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > Nelson: Son of the sound a bell makes.
> >
> > Subcontract: Legal agreement underwater.
> >
> > Toll Cookies: Favorite cookies eaten by bells.
>
> Toll Gate: Musical Turnpike.
>
> Toll Gate Toothpaste: What the gatekeeper uses.
>
> Turnpike: Rotating spear.
>
> Rotating: Helicopter propeller with bells on.
>
> That really was a cyclical pun, wazn tit?!
>
> Collectively, I'm sure you'll all agree.

Gating: Homosexual bell.

Tim Bruening

Feb 25, 2009, 2:45:56 AM2/25/09

nemo wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > nemo wrote:
> >
> > > Erik D. Freeman <efr...@alumni.umbc.edu> wrote in message
> > >
> > > NEWSFLASH:
> > >
> > > Michael Jackson tried killing himself Wednesday morning by
> > > jumping off his boat.
> > >
> > > The police found him last night bobbing up and down on a small
buoy.

> > Oh boy, star (over) Board!
>
> He was drunk from too much port!

Porting: Low income bell by the sea.

Tim Bruening

Feb 25, 2009, 2:46:18 AM2/25/09

> nemo wrote:
>
> > Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> > > Event: Ventilation system on a computer or Internet.
> > >

> > Fan Club: Device for smashing same.
>
> Unless the fan is protected by Fan Mail!

You can order that stuff by sending a chain letter.

Chain Letter: Used to imprison the mail.

Tim Bruening

Feb 25, 2009, 3:11:09 AM2/25/09

Before: The 4th bee.

Began: Apine that started.