360 Days

Tim Bruening

Apr 14, 2005, 4:11:50 AM4/14/05
360 days ago today (April 19, 2004), I toured the California Legislature
and visited Assemblywoman Lois Wolk. While I was there, the CA Assembly
passed a resolution declaring a Holocaust Remembrance Week. Several
holocaust survivors were there.

Douglas D. Anderson

Apr 14, 2005, 5:43:26 PM4/14/05

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote

It must have been a horrible experience for them. Hopefully they're alright today,
safely away from California.

dfoofnik

Apr 14, 2005, 6:12:30 PM4/14/05
I think maybe they were just commemorating the Holocaust.
It would cost too much to duplicate it. Unless we just give
all Jews a free car (with bad brakes) and send them down I-5....

"Douglas D. Anderson" <d...@rr.rochester.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

nemo

Apr 15, 2005, 8:05:07 AM4/15/05

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

If she'd have been ten foot tall, you would have got very tired, because it
would have been a very long Wolk!

Nemo
Numbo One Punster!

(Noah fence to the survivors, of course.)

nemo

Apr 15, 2005, 8:06:23 AM4/15/05
See? Just say Holocaust and all the little fascists come out of the
woodwork!

"dfoofnik" <dfoo...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Douglas D. Anderson

Apr 15, 2005, 3:05:20 PM4/15/05

"nemo" <ne...@newtylust.nit> wrote

> See? Just say Holocaust and all the little fascists come out of the
> woodwork!

Thanks for joining in nemo, you're always the life of these little fascist
group meetings... kind of like the Godwin's Little Bellyacher.

nemo

Apr 16, 2005, 1:00:58 AM4/16/05
Considering I'm in the next block along to Godwin Caught it's hardly
surprising!

> "nemo" <ne...@newtylust.nit> wrote
> > See? Just say Holocaust and all the little fascists come out of the
> > woodwork!
>
> Thanks for joining in nemo, you're always the life of these little fascist
> group meetings... kind of like the Godwin's Little Bellyacher.

William Godwin (1756-1836) was the founder of philosophical anarchism. In
his An Enquiry Concerning Political Justice (1793) he argued that government
is a corrupting force in society, perpetuating dependence and ignorance, but
that it will be rendered increasingly unnecessary and powerless by the
gradual spread of knowledge. Politics will be displaced by an enlarged
personal morality as truth conquers error and mind subordinates matter. In
this development the rigorous exercise of private judgment, and its candid
expression in public discussion, plays a central role, motivating his
rejection of a wide range of co- operative and rule-governed practices which
he regards as tending to mental enslavement, such as law, private property,
marriage and concerts. Epitomising the optimism of events in France at the
time he began writing, Godwin looked forward to a period in which the
dominance of mind over matter would be so complete that mental
perfectibility would take a physical form, allowing us to control illness
and ageing and become immortal.
Godwin's moral theory is often described as utilitarian. He clearly does
play an important part in the history of utilitarianism, not least for his
invocation of both British and French writers in the tradition, such as
Joseph Priestley and d'Holbach and Helvetius, and for the way that his
ethical theory is underpinned by a distinctive rationalist necessarianism on
the basis of which he insisted on a strong form of first order impartiality.
One of Godwin's lasting contributions to moral philosophy, ‘the famous fire
cause’, in which we are asked to consider whom I should save from a burning
room if I can only save one person and if the choice is between Archbishop
Fénelon and a common chambermaid. Fénelon is about to compose his immortal
Télémaque and the chambermaid turns out to be my mother. Godwin's conclusion
that we must save the former relies on consequentialist grounds. However,
since his account of the content of utility is inseparable from the
development of truth and wisdom, and since we can best promote this through
the full and free exercise of private judgment and public discussion, the
resulting position looks more like a form of perfectionism than
utilitarianism.

Godwin's philosophical importance rests principally on his Political
Justice. He wrote other philosophical works, The Enquirer (1798) and
Thoughts on Man (1831), but he has become perhaps better known for his
novels, the most famous of which is Caleb Williams (1794), and for the part
he played in literary London from 1783-1836 — from his heyday in the 1790s
as the radical philosopher who married Mary Wollstonecraft, through the next
forty years in which he was variously the butt of attacks by Thomas Malthus,
Samuel Parr and a host of anti-jacobin scribes, friend of the romantic
poets, publisher and author of children's books, father-in-law and sponger
off Percy Bysshe Shelley, and historian of the Civil War, to his final
anomalous position as a government pensioner supported by a Tory
administration. His papers and his diary, which sparsely records what he
read and wrote and whom he met, provide an immense resource for scholars of
the romantic period.

Tim Bruening

Apr 16, 2005, 1:40:59 AM4/16/05

"Douglas D. Anderson" wrote:

The Holocaust was in Europe, not California.

Message has been deleted

nemo

Apr 17, 2005, 11:58:43 AM4/17/05

"Keith E." <i.m....@aol.com> wrote in message
> Sat, 16 Apr 2005 05:00:58 GMT was a day just like any other,

> until "nemo" <ne...@newtylust.nit> wrote:
> >Considering I'm in the next block along to Godwin Caught it's hardly
> >surprising!
> [...]

> >Godwin's philosophical importance rests principally on his Political
> >Justice. He wrote other philosophical works, The Enquirer (1798) and
> >Thoughts on Man (1831), but he has become perhaps better known for his
> >novels, the most famous of which is Caleb Williams (1794), and for the
part
> >he played in literary London from 1783-1836 - from his heyday in the

1790s
> >as the radical philosopher who married Mary Wollstonecraft, through the
next
> >forty years in which he was variously the butt of attacks by Thomas
Malthus,
> >Samuel Parr and a host of anti-jacobin scribes, friend of the romantic
> >poets, publisher and author of children's books, father-in-law and
sponger
> >off Percy Bysshe Shelley, and historian of the Civil War, to his final
> ...............................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^&
>
> Whose?

> >anomalous position as a government pensioner supported by a Tory
> >administration. His papers and his diary, which sparsely records what he
> >read and wrote and whom he met, provide an immense resource for scholars
of
> >the romantic period.
>
> You realize, of course, that there is only one possible response
> to this...
>
> .........show us yer tits...........
>
> --
OK. I can't post binaries here, but have a look at the top of
news:alt.binaries.clip-art !

Message has been deleted

nemo

Apr 18, 2005, 1:36:24 PM4/18/05

> Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:58:43 GMT was a day just like any other,
> Jeez, you even inspired a chick to post her boobies. That shit's
> scary.

Nope. They're tits! Boobies are small tropical gannets so they'd be on cliff
face instead of a thatched bird table!

We had a pair of tits nesting in an overflow pipe last year.

Message has been deleted

nemo

Apr 20, 2005, 5:08:29 AM4/20/05

> Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:36:24 GMT was a day just like any other,
> Couple articles after yours someone posted 'You showed us your
> tits, here's my boobies' or something like that. I think I'll
> kill a couple doves for dinner.

Don't. You'll only cause another squab-le.

And "*here's* my boobies" ??

What ever happened to 'here are'

Ice up hose (brrr!) nowadays you only hear that in the 'here are' fter.

Nemo
Numbo One Punster!

Tim Bruening

Mar 10, 2007, 12:49:39 AM3/10/07
360 days since Pi Day (3/14).

Tim Bruening

Mar 10, 2007, 4:32:21 AM3/10/07
360 days since the Ides of March.

Tim Bruening

Mar 13, 2007, 2:44:28 AM3/13/07
360 days since Saint Patrick's Day.

Tim Bruening

Mar 27, 2007, 2:38:34 AM3/27/07
360 days since Caesar Chavez Day.

Tim Bruening

Mar 28, 2007, 12:05:49 AM3/28/07
360 days since April Fool's Day.

Tim Bruening

May 10, 2007, 1:06:28 PM5/10/07
360 days since Hug Your Cat Day (May 15).

Tim Bruening

May 11, 2007, 7:45:21 AM5/11/07
360 days to Cinco De Mayo.

Tim Bruening

May 18, 2007, 8:46:14 AM5/18/07
360 days since my brother Chris' 45th birthday.

gonzo

May 18, 2007, 3:18:49 PM5/18/07

> 360 days since my brother Chris' 45th birthday.

So he'll be 46 in a few days? Fascinating.

Douglas D. Anderson

May 18, 2007, 7:56:22 PM5/18/07

"gonzo" <nob...@nobody.home.com> wrote
> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote

> > 360 days since my brother Chris' 45th birthday.
>
> So he'll be 46 in a few days? Fascinating.

What? That Timmy has a brother 43 years older than himself?
Stranger things than that have happened.

Phil Kyle

May 19, 2007, 6:02:08 AM5/19/07
"Douglas D. Anderson" <d...@rr.rochester.com> wrote in

Yet he's still 100 times more entertaining than any of you dullards.

Dougal

May 19, 2007, 6:28:40 AM5/19/07
On Sat, 19 May 2007 10:02:08 +0000 (UTC), Phil Kyle wrote:

>>> So he'll be 46 in a few days? Fascinating.
>>>
>> What? That Timmy has a brother 43 years older than himself?
>> Stranger things than that have happened.
>>

> Yet he's still 100 times more entertaining than any of you dullards.

100 times nothing equals 0.

Douglas D. Anderson

May 19, 2007, 11:05:55 PM5/19/07

"Phil Kyle" <philky...@hotmail.com> wrote

> Yet he's still 100 times more entertaining than any of you dullards.

Dullard: Unsharpened pork fat.

Phil Kyle

May 20, 2007, 12:37:44 AM5/20/07
Dougal <deucha...@raydale.often> wrote in

More = addition.

Douglas D. Anderson

May 20, 2007, 8:22:06 AM5/20/07

"Phil Kyle" <philky...@hotmail.com> wrote

> More = addition.
> --

You must have slept through class that day. "Times" is multiplication.

Tim Bruening

May 21, 2007, 3:28:23 AM5/21/07
360 days to Hug Your Cat Day.

Tim Bruening

Jun 2, 2007, 2:57:39 AM6/2/07
360 days since 06/06/06.

Tim Bruening

Jun 2, 2007, 2:58:00 AM6/2/07
360 days to Memorial Day.

Tim Bruening

Jun 22, 2007, 2:48:38 AM6/22/07
360 days to Father's Day.

ur_droll

Jun 22, 2007, 4:02:42 AM6/22/07

Tim Bruening

Jul 2, 2007, 4:06:06 AM7/2/07
360 days since 7/7.

ur_droll

Jul 2, 2007, 5:59:31 AM7/2/07
This thread is bum juice

Tim Bruening

Jul 3, 2007, 6:52:12 PM7/3/07
360 days since 7/8.

ur_droll

Jul 3, 2007, 7:13:41 PM7/3/07
This thread is bum juice

Tim Bruening

Jul 18, 2007, 12:21:28 AM7/18/07
360 days to 7-11 day.

Tim Bruening

Oct 2, 2007, 8:44:01 PM10/2/07
360 days to my 42nd birthday.

Tim Bruening

Oct 18, 2007, 3:31:00 AM10/18/07
360 days to Columbus Day.

Tim Bruening

Oct 20, 2007, 1:45:43 AM10/20/07
360 days since UN day.

Tim Bruening

Nov 2, 2007, 11:07:34 PM11/2/07
360 days since Bolshevik Revolution Day.

Tim Bruening

Nov 4, 2007, 5:15:46 AM11/4/07
360 days since Fall Of Berlin Wall Day.

Tim Bruening

Nov 6, 2007, 11:55:39 PM11/6/07
360 days to Halloween.

Tim Bruening

Nov 6, 2007, 11:55:50 PM11/6/07
360 days since Veteran's Day.

Tim Bruening

Dec 3, 2007, 2:56:59 AM12/3/07
360 days since Pearl Harbor Day.

Tim Bruening

Dec 3, 2007, 3:59:33 PM12/3/07
360 days since Immaculate Conception Day.

Tim Bruening

Dec 6, 2007, 2:46:38 AM12/6/07
360 days since Human Rights Day.

Tim Bruening

Dec 11, 2007, 2:12:00 AM12/11/07
360 days since my Stepdad's 79th birthday.

Tim Bruening

Dec 31, 2007, 11:23:50 PM12/31/07
360 days to Christmas.

Tim Bruening

Jan 8, 2008, 2:47:31 AM1/8/08
360 days to New Year's Day.

Tim Bruening

Jan 26, 2008, 3:10:35 AM1/26/08
360 days to the end of the Bush Administration.

Tim Bruening

Jan 22, 2008, 2:56:19 AM1/22/08
360 days to Martin Luther King's 80th birthday.

Tim Bruening

Feb 18, 2008, 12:38:45 AM2/18/08
360 days since Washington's birthday.

Tim Bruening

Feb 19, 2008, 1:07:43 AM2/19/08
360 days to Lincoln's birthday.

Tim Bruening

Feb 28, 2008, 12:39:47 AM2/28/08
360 days to Feb. 21.

Tim Bruening

Feb 29, 2008, 7:34:05 AM2/29/08
360 days since March 5.

Tim Bruening

Mar 8, 2008, 3:19:38 AM3/8/08
360 days since Pi Day (3/14).

Tim Bruening

Mar 10, 2008, 3:14:49 AM3/10/08
360 days since the Ides of March.

Tim Bruening

Mar 22, 2008, 8:25:58 AM3/22/08
360 days to Saint Patrick's Day.

Tim Bruening

Mar 26, 2008, 8:14:39 PM3/26/08
360 days since April Fool's Day.

Tim Bruening

Mar 29, 2008, 8:03:11 PM3/29/08
360 days to Pi Day.

Tim Bruening

Jun 19, 2008, 4:23:28 AM6/19/08
360 days to Flag Day.

Tim Bruening

Jun 23, 2008, 2:58:04 AM6/23/08
360 days since Iraq Sovereignty Day.

hones...@centurytel.net

Jun 23, 2008, 1:14:26 PM6/23/08

> 360 days since Iraq Sovereignty Day.

Cool!

Tim Bruening

Aug 16, 2008, 2:57:43 AM8/16/08
360 days to August 10.

Tim Bruening

Aug 16, 2008, 2:57:51 AM8/16/08
360 days since August 21.

Tim Bruening

Dec 1, 2008, 7:57:03 PM12/1/08

Tim Bruening

Jan 29, 2009, 10:17:49 PM1/29/09
360 days since 02/04/08.

Tim Bruening

Feb 26, 2009, 2:56:00 AM2/26/09
360 days since March 2.

Tim Bruening

Feb 26, 2009, 2:56:08 AM2/26/09
360 days to February 20.

nemo

Mar 2, 2009, 2:30:47 PM3/2/09

> 360 days since March 2.

March 2?

Nazi dentist:

OK: March ze 2th. up to ze vall undt shoot it!!!!

Tim Bruening

Mar 9, 2009, 4:20:29 AM3/9/09
360 days since Pi Day on March 14.

Tim Bruening

Mar 27, 2009, 7:35:09 PM3/27/09
360 days since April Fools Day on April 1.

Tim Bruening

Apr 6, 2009, 7:48:12 PM4/6/09
360 days to April Fools Day on April 1

Tim Bruening

Apr 20, 2009, 3:49:01 PM4/20/09
360 days since Arbor Day on April 25.

Tim Bruening

Apr 20, 2009, 3:49:03 PM4/20/09
360 days to Tax Day on April 15.

Tim Bruening

May 12, 2009, 6:18:31 PM5/12/09
360 days since May 17.

Tim Bruening

May 22, 2009, 2:52:48 AM5/22/09
360 days since the 4th anniversary of my meeting Mary on May 26.

Tim Bruening

Jun 26, 2009, 7:33:30 PM6/26/09
360 days since Canada Day on July 1.

Tim Bruening

Jun 26, 2009, 7:33:42 PM6/26/09
360 days to June 21.

Tim Bruening

Jul 4, 2009, 2:03:46 AM7/4/09
360 days to the 6th anniversary of the end of the U.S. Occupation
Government in Iraq on June 28.

Tim Bruening

Jul 4, 2009, 4:20:30 PM7/4/09
360 days since July 9.

Tim Bruening

Jul 4, 2009, 4:20:44 PM7/4/09
360 days to Saints Peter and Paul Day on June 29.

Tim Bruening

Jul 15, 2009, 2:33:39 AM7/15/09
360 days since Nicaraguan Revolution Day on July 19.

Tim Bruening

Jul 15, 2009, 2:33:49 AM7/15/09
360 days to July 9.

Tim Bruening

Jul 22, 2009, 2:13:45 AM7/22/09
360 days to the 41st anniversary of the launching of Apollo 11 on July
16.

Tim Bruening

Jul 31, 2009, 2:53:23 AM7/31/09
360 days since August 4.

Tim Bruening

Jul 31, 2009, 2:53:26 AM7/31/09
360 days to July 25.

Tim Bruening

Sep 22, 2009, 3:04:29 PM9/22/09
360 days to Constitution Day on September 17.

Tim Bruening

Sep 22, 2009, 3:05:14 PM9/22/09
360 days since 3 Squared, 3 Cubed on September 27.

TB

Sep 28, 2009, 2:44:00 AM9/28/09
360 days to Fall in the North on September 22.

Tim Bruening

Oct 3, 2009, 2:16:53 AM10/3/09
360 days since October 7.

Tim Bruening