Red Riding (spoilers)

The White Lady

Mar 6, 2009, 3:09:42 AM3/6/09
I can't deny my disappointment. Up until the last 20-30 minutes it was
pretty standard stuff with storylines, characters and plot twists I've
seen many times before. The rich business man with a taste for rape
and violence is as much of a cliche as the corrupt copper behing
handed all - yes ALL- of the evidence of corruption. The first hour
really, really dragged on. Andrew Garfield was too mumbly and Sean
Bean wasn't sexy or evil enough. In summary: solid unexceptional
drama. Which is a pity as you saw glimpses, particularly in one of the
final shots of the main character's face at the begininng then at the
end of the course of events, of the probable true quality of the
source material. I haven't read the books but I get the impression
that this film hasn't done them justice. Maybe we've just had
gritty-realism overload. Bring on part 2.

The dog from that film you saw

Mar 6, 2009, 4:23:27 AM3/6/09

"The White Lady" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

i seem to have an aversion to uk tv drama for some reason.

--
Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....

The White Lady

Mar 6, 2009, 4:31:41 AM3/6/09
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:23:27 -0000, "The dog from that film you saw"
<d...@removethisbitbtinternet.com> wrote:

>i seem to have an aversion to uk tv drama for some reason.

Me too and it seems to be spreading - everytime I hear about the
latest great American drama I decide it's going to get on my nerves
before it's even begun. Even The Shield is starting to grate - stop
explaining the plot to each other all the fucking time! We know about
the fucking Armenian money train and Lem! We fucking watched it!

Still, what is life if you're not going to take a few risks?
Anything's got to be better than forever downloading old, obscure
crap.

The dog from that film you saw

Mar 6, 2009, 5:25:37 AM3/6/09

"The White Lady" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

american series are fine sometimes - i watch heroes, fringe - never got
into lost for some reason and now i don't want to as there would be hundreds
of hours to catch up with.

it's the uk stuff that leaves me cold - i dread having to sit through an
episode of midsomer murders or a touch of frost.

The White Lady

Mar 6, 2009, 5:49:44 AM3/6/09
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:25:37 -0000, "The dog from that film you saw"
<d...@removethisbitbtinternet.com> wrote:

>"The White Lady" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:23:27 -0000, "The dog from that film you saw"
>> <d...@removethisbitbtinternet.com> wrote:
>>

>>>i seem to have an aversion to uk tv drama for some reason.
>>

>> Me too and it seems to be spreading - everytime I hear about the
>> latest great American drama I decide it's going to get on my nerves
>> before it's even begun. Even The Shield is starting to grate - stop
>> explaining the plot to each other all the fucking time! We know about
>> the fucking Armenian money train and Lem! We fucking watched it!
>>
>> Still, what is life if you're not going to take a few risks?
>> Anything's got to be better than forever downloading old, obscure
>> crap.
>

>american series are fine sometimes - i watch heroes, fringe - never got
>into lost for some reason and now i don't want to as there would be hundreds
>of hours to catch up with.
>
>it's the uk stuff that leaves me cold - i dread having to sit through an
>episode of midsomer murders or a touch of frost.

Nobody deserves THAT (except Robson Green).

Life on Mars, The Devil's Whore, Dead Set, Boy A, Survivors (ha! just
joking - there is actually a second series on the way!!)....the list
is minuscule.

ReVulse

Mar 6, 2009, 6:25:58 AM3/6/09
On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 08:09:42 +0000, The White Lady wrote:

> I can't deny my disappointment.

Have you seen my "I Told You So" dance ?

--
#Andy#

http://www.last.fm/user/revulse_1968/

The White Lady

Mar 6, 2009, 6:47:29 AM3/6/09
On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:49:44 +0000, The White Lady <m...@privacy.net>
wrote:

Forgot Being Human!

The White Lady

Mar 6, 2009, 6:49:03 AM3/6/09
On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 11:25:58 +0000, ReVulse
<ReV...@psychaoticREMOVETHIS.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Have you seen my "I Told You So" dance ?

Yes, it was disappointing.

Killer Kane

Mar 6, 2009, 7:24:43 AM3/6/09

"The White Lady" wrote:

> Andrew Garfield was too mumbly

It wasn't just me then, I kept having to turn up the sound. It was like when
I had to watch SPIDER with subtitles on.

> and Sean Bean wasn't sexy or evil enough.

Agreed - (apart from the sexy bit) although it's about the first thing I've
liked watching him in. I believe the producers toned some stuff down to make
it a little more upbeat.

I don't watch many TV dramas so I can't comment on others but I thought this
LOOKED superb. It was so cold and grey I put the fire on. That skinny cop
was a nasty cunt - he looked like an English version of Reggie Nalder.

I was relieved that they didn't go overboard with the period music.

I enjoyed it but I think I'll probably like it even more in context with the
next two.

Does the sun really shine down south?

Killer Kane

Mar 6, 2009, 7:28:03 AM3/6/09

"The White Lady" wrote:

> Life on Mars, Dead Set, Survivors

I managed to see those but I couldn't be bothered with the last two parts of
SURVIVORS. I watched LIFE ON MARS thanks to you - and it's the best TV I've
ever seen. I gave up on HEROES after the second series and I still watch
LOST but not on Sky - I wait for DVD-RIPS without the fucking breaks.

bod

Mar 6, 2009, 10:39:02 AM3/6/09

"The dog from that film you saw" <d...@removethisbitbtinternet.com> wrote in
message news:71ccpjF...@mid.individual.net...

> it's the uk stuff that leaves me cold - i dread having to sit through an
> episode of midsomer murders or a touch of frost.

i can watch frost only due to the fact that its shot in LEEDS and spend most
of the episodes LOCATION SPOTTING.

--
regards from BOD!

"dont worry yoko, its only a friggin water pist...."
JOHN LENNON 1980

http://www.myspace.com/bodland
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bodland

Dr Walpurgis

Mar 6, 2009, 10:41:03 AM3/6/09
On 2009-03-06 15:39:02 +0000, "bod" <myb...@tcock.com> said:

>> it's the uk stuff that leaves me cold - i dread having to sit through
>> an episode of midsomer murders or a touch of frost.
>
> i can watch frost only due to the fact that its shot in LEEDS and spend
> most of the episodes LOCATION SPOTTING.

Bring back JULIET BRAVO, I say.

--
"Excuse me? I was a proper member of this group before Bod, Walpurgis,
or any of those other trash even showed up here." - Avoid normal

DeadRodentTyping

Mar 8, 2009, 1:08:26 AM3/8/09
The White Lady <m...@privacy.net> wrote in

POLDARK!!!

--
"We're helpless, like a turned-over tortoise in the sun. Sure, our
bellies are warm for now. But soon it will be dark...and then the crows

ReVulse

Mar 12, 2009, 7:06:09 PM3/12/09
On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 12:24:43 +0000, Killer Kane wrote:

> I enjoyed it but I think I'll probably like it even more in context with the
> next two.

I got round to watching part one on Tuesday night and wasn't overly
impressed. I watched part two tonight and have now completely changed my
opinion of it.

I wasn't expecting the story to be so interwoven between the episodes.
Next weeks episode looks good as it promises to answer some of the
questions that I had about the first one. Now I realise the loose ends
were there for a reason and I shouldn't be so impatient.

But, fuck me, what a downbeat series.

--
#Andy#

http://www.last.fm/user/revulse_1968/

Killer Kane

Mar 12, 2009, 7:20:58 PM3/12/09

"ReVulse" wrote:

> But, fuck me, what a downbeat series.

You should try reading the books. I had to take a holiday half way through.
I think I'm going to have another look at them when the films have finished.

The White Lady

Mar 13, 2009, 4:08:00 AM3/13/09
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:06:09 +0000, ReVulse
<ReV...@psychaoticREMOVETHIS.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 12:24:43 +0000, Killer Kane wrote:
>
>> I enjoyed it but I think I'll probably like it even more in context with the
>> next two.
>
>I got round to watching part one on Tuesday night and wasn't overly
>impressed. I watched part two tonight and have now completely changed my
>opinion of it.

Me too! Part 2 was a much more involving story, gotta love the Ripper,
and the characters were far more interesting and believable.

>I wasn't expecting the story to be so interwoven between the episodes.
>Next weeks episode looks good as it promises to answer some of the
>questions that I had about the first one. Now I realise the loose ends
>were there for a reason and I shouldn't be so impatient.

Yeah, this could be fucking MASSIVE. I was really pleased to see that
it's going back in time next week, considering what happened to my
favourite character at the end.

>But, fuck me, what a downbeat series.

Why is wallowing in misery so fucking ENJOYABLE? What strange
creatures we are.

The White Lady

Mar 13, 2009, 4:19:46 AM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:08:00 +0000, The White Lady <m...@privacy.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:06:09 +0000, ReVulse

How come, when there's something based in Yorkshire, they've always
got to drag the same old Rita, Sue & Bob too team out? surely there
are more Yorkshire actors about? And I have to laugh when they keep
going on about dum-dum-DUMMM: FITZWILLIAM! The seventh circle of hell!
Ha!

genegr...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2009, 2:02:03 AM3/26/09
On Mar 6, 5:31 am, The White Lady <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:23:27 -0000, "The dog from that film you saw"
>
> <d...@removethisbitbtinternet.com> wrote:
> >i seem to have an aversion to uk tv drama for some reason.
>
> Me too and it seems to be spreading - everytime I hear about the
> latest great American drama I decide it's going to get on my nerves
> before it's even begun. Even The Shield is starting to grate - stop
> explaining the plot to each other all the fucking time! We know about
> the fucking Armenian money train and Lem! We fucking watched it!

That's harsh. There's no more dedicated fan of The Shield than my own
sullied self, but even I need a pick me up reference after a year off
air. You need to take into account those of us who don't live on the
fucking davenport year round YOU NASTY CUNT
ps I'm drunk and its good to be fucking back.

genegr...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2009, 2:04:33 AM3/26/09

Hah! I saw that. ALAN CLARKE was TOP CLASS.

Lesmond

Mar 26, 2009, 5:22:24 AM3/26/09
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:02:03 -0700 (PDT), genegr...@gmail.com wrote:

It's great to see you! Where are you moving to? How's your wife?

--
Only a fool would try to save what the desert chose to leave.

The White Lady

Mar 26, 2009, 4:55:29 AM3/26/09
wrote:

>On Mar 6, 5:31 am, The White Lady <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

So, have you finally come to your senses or are you going for one more
ride on the FERRIS WHEEL OF DOOOOOMMM???

ReVulse

Mar 26, 2009, 5:54:54 AM3/26/09
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:02:03 -0700, genegregorits wrote:

> ps I'm drunk and its good to be fucking back.

Welcome back.

--
#Andy#

http://www.last.fm/user/revulse_1968/

bod

Mar 26, 2009, 7:44:21 AM3/26/09

<genegr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>YOU NASTY CUNT
>ps I'm drunk and its good to be fucking back.

thats the gene we KNOW AND LOVE....single again by any chance?

The White Lady

Mar 26, 2009, 7:55:35 AM3/26/09
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:04:33 -0700 (PDT), genegr...@gmail.com
wrote:

Have you seen BRASSED OFF? You would have been able to see me in one
of the houses if the windows hadn't been boarded up.

Kishin

Mar 26, 2009, 10:03:35 AM3/26/09
<genegr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> ps I'm drunk and its good to be fucking back.

And you are...?

Sorry, someone HAD to say it.

--

Kishin

genegr...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2009, 10:31:07 AM3/26/09
On Mar 26, 5:22 am, "Lesmond" <lesm...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:02:03 -0700 (PDT), genegregor...@gmail.com wrote:
> >On Mar 6, 5:31ÿam, The White Lady <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> >> Me too and it seems to be spreading - everytime I hear about the
> >> latest great American drama I decide it's going to get on my nerves
> >> before it's even begun. Even The Shield is starting to grate - stop
> >> explaining the plot to each other all the fucking time! We know about
> >> the fucking Armenian money train and Lem! We fucking watched it!
>
> >That's harsh. There's no more dedicated fan of The Shield than my own
> >sullied self, but even I need a pick me up reference after a year off
> >air. You need to take into account those of us who don't live on the
> >fucking davenport year round YOU NASTY CUNT
> >ps I'm drunk and its good to be fucking back.
>
> It's great to see you!  Where are you moving to?  How's your wife?

Divorced. Now last week, I was in Costa Rica, hiding in the jungle as
7 police cars screamed along the main road in Jaco / Playa hermosa.
Who do you think they were looking for? after living as a fugitive for
6 days and nights, while my new fiancee got power-fucked by a motley
gang of roided-out surf instructors, I was subject to an American
Airlines security escort all the way back to Miami and from Miami to
Baltimore, where I finally collapsed from starvation and grief.

You'd never believe that such lunacy could possibly be true, at least
not without photos....but I left my camera in her bag. Now I'm back in
York PA, in an apartment I can't afford....I am broke and about to go
wandering the country with a tent.

Although tonight I have a date with an underage secretary. Anybody
spare me a sawbuck? Also, if you know anyone who needs a cat....

ReVulse

Mar 26, 2009, 10:36:57 AM3/26/09
On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:31:07 -0700, genegregorits wrote:

> Divorced. Now last week, I was in Costa Rica, hiding in the jungle as
> 7 police cars screamed along the main road in Jaco / Playa hermosa.
> Who do you think they were looking for? after living as a fugitive for
> 6 days and nights, while my new fiancee got power-fucked by a motley
> gang of roided-out surf instructors

Was this a new fiancee after the divorce from your wife?

> Although tonight I have a date with an underage secretary.

Define "underage".

--
#Andy#

http://www.last.fm/user/revulse_1968/

Dr Walpurgis

Mar 26, 2009, 10:49:15 AM3/26/09

FERNDALE misses you.

--
"I wonder how many pornographers, child molesters, homosexuals nestle
in this group?" - PJ Jenner, 13/8/01

Lesmond

Mar 26, 2009, 5:21:07 PM3/26/09
On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:31:07 -0700 (PDT), genegr...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Mar 26, 5:22ÿam, "Lesmond" <lesm...@verizon.net> wrote:

>> >That's harsh. There's no more dedicated fan of The Shield than my own
>> >sullied self, but even I need a pick me up reference after a year off
>> >air. You need to take into account those of us who don't live on the
>> >fucking davenport year round YOU NASTY CUNT
>> >ps I'm drunk and its good to be fucking back.
>>

>> It's great to see you! ÿWhere are you moving to? ÿHow's your wife?
>
>Divorced.

I'm sorry. She was pretty.

Now last week, I was in Costa Rica, hiding in the jungle as
>7 police cars screamed along the main road in Jaco / Playa hermosa.
>Who do you think they were looking for? after living as a fugitive for
>6 days and nights, while my new fiancee

Have you learned nothing?

got power-fucked by a motley
>gang of roided-out surf instructors, I was subject to an American
>Airlines security escort all the way back to Miami and from Miami to
>Baltimore, where I finally collapsed from starvation and grief.
>
>You'd never believe that such lunacy could possibly be true,

I believe anything you tell me.

at least
>not without photos....but I left my camera in her bag. Now I'm back in
>York PA, in an apartment I can't afford....I am broke and about to go
>wandering the country with a tent.
>
>Although tonight I have a date with an underage secretary. Anybody
>spare me a sawbuck? Also, if you know anyone who needs a cat....

How old is the cat?

genegr...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2009, 4:52:21 PM3/26/09
On Mar 26, 5:21 pm, "Lesmond" <lesm...@verizon.net> wrote:

He's about 1 year old, a bit wild, but very affectionate. A peach of a
lapkitty, but with the bite of a bobcat. In six months, I have not had
one single problem with him, aside from his temper...but I tend to
instigate him when I'm drunk and malcontented. Say what you will, but
I'm quick to bestow upon any needy feline TOTAL LOVE. Yes, however
perversely, I truly have tamed the sumbitch. He has revealed through
critical wounding of me the subcutaneous fat of my ruined hands, and I
have dangled him out of a window in a chicken wire cage....but we were
able to resolve our issues and move on. It is blissful now with Sam
and myself, but I can not feed him any longer.

I will post photos later this evening. I'm not fucking around, he's
an exceptional beast and deserves a pass.

Lesmond

Mar 26, 2009, 7:22:35 PM3/26/09
On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:52:21 -0700 (PDT), genegr...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Mar 26, 5:21ÿpm, "Lesmond" <lesm...@verizon.net> wrote:

>> >Divorced.
>>
>> I'm sorry. ÿShe was pretty.
>>
>> ÿNow last week, I was in Costa Rica, hiding in the jungle as

>> >7 police cars screamed along the main road in Jaco / Playa hermosa.
>> >Who do you think they were looking for? after living as a fugitive for
>> >6 days and nights, while my new fiancee
>>
>> Have you learned nothing?
>>

>> ÿgot power-fucked by a motley

>> >gang of roided-out surf instructors, I was subject to an American
>> >Airlines security escort all the way back to Miami and from Miami to
>> >Baltimore, where I finally collapsed from starvation and grief.
>>
>> >You'd never believe that such lunacy could possibly be true,
>>
>> I believe anything you tell me.
>>
>> at least
>>
>> >not without photos....but I left my camera in her bag. Now I'm back in
>> >York PA, in an apartment I can't afford....I am broke and about to go
>> >wandering the country with a tent.
>>
>> >Although tonight I have a date with an underage secretary. Anybody
>> >spare me a sawbuck? Also, if you know anyone who needs a cat....
>>
>> How old is the cat?
>
>He's about 1 year old, a bit wild, but very affectionate. A peach of a
>lapkitty, but with the bite of a bobcat. In six months, I have not had
>one single problem with him, aside from his temper...but I tend to
>instigate him when I'm drunk and malcontented. Say what you will, but
>I'm quick to bestow upon any needy feline TOTAL LOVE. Yes, however
>perversely, I truly have tamed the sumbitch. He has revealed through
>critical wounding of me the subcutaneous fat of my ruined hands, and I
>have dangled him out of a window in a chicken wire cage....but we were
>able to resolve our issues and move on. It is blissful now with Sam
>and myself, but I can not feed him any longer.

So this would be a "rescue kitty"?

> I will post photos later this evening. I'm not fucking around, he's
>an exceptional beast and deserves a pass.

Please pose pictures. I'm thinking.

genegr...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2009, 12:53:53 AM3/27/09

Dr Walpurgis

Mar 27, 2009, 4:18:55 AM3/27/09
On 2009-03-27 04:53:53 +0000, genegr...@gmail.com said:

> http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/gregorits/?start=0

From NICK ZEDD to LOLCATS in just a few years.

My, how we've watched you GROW.

--
"You would do better not to discuss any aspect of your ordeal with the
mocking imbeciles residing in the alt. horror newsgroup. Let them

Lesmond

Mar 27, 2009, 9:02:23 AM3/27/09
On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:53:53 -0700 (PDT), genegr...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Mar 26, 7:22ÿpm, "Lesmond" <lesm...@verizon.net> wrote:

>> Please pose pictures. ÿI'm thinking.
>
>http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/gregorits/?start=0

Oh, he's a beauty. I wonder...

genegr...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2009, 9:20:10 AM3/27/09
On Mar 27, 4:18 am, Dr Walpurgis <burke.denni...@cunting.hun> wrote:

> On 2009-03-27 04:53:53 +0000, genegregor...@gmail.com said:
>
> >http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/gregorits/?start=0
>
> From NICK ZEDD to LOLCATS in just a few years.
>
> My, how we've watched you GROW.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DeadRodentTyping

Mar 27, 2009, 12:44:16 PM3/27/09
genegr...@gmail.com wrote in news:22866257-ee2b-4bbb-a29c-
41682b...@f37g2000vbf.googlegroups.com:

> Although tonight I have a date with an underage secretary. Anybody
> spare me a sawbuck? Also, if you know anyone who needs a cat....

You seem to be a complete fucking lunatic.

--
Bro, she totally eclipsed my heart!

Message has been deleted

Jared

Mar 29, 2009, 7:12:14 PM3/29/09
On Mar 27, 7:18 pm, Dr Walpurgis <burke.denni...@cunting.hun> wrote:

> ...LOLCATS...

Talking of which this is my new favourite website:

http://www.rolcats.com/

Killer Kane

Mar 31, 2009, 3:24:48 PM3/31/09

"Jared" wrote:

> ...LOLCATS...

Talking of which this is my new favourite website:

http://www.rolcats.com/

That Commissar Markov picture is a classic.

Jared

Mar 31, 2009, 7:29:47 PM3/31/09
On Apr 1, 6:24 am, "Killer Kane" <gori...@large.com> wrote:

> That Commissar Markov picture is a classic.

I'm partial to "The men I’ve sent to death weigh heavily on my mind".

They're made even better by the Russian commenters complaining that
the translations are all wrong.