FAN EDITS

loucyphre

Oct 4, 2007, 8:49:37 PM10/4/07
A few years ago, that guy opened the floodgates by re-editing THE PHANTOM MENACE
into something which still sucked, but sucked a lot less than the theatrical
version. Apparantly, fan edits are big stuff now, and there are a lot in the
horror field. Some are extreme, cutting out almost everything and many making
some horrible decisions. Others sound more interesting. I've only seen a couple,
but thought I'd open it up here and see what people think of these. There is much
more detail in the actual links, including exactly what was cut or added and why.
Many of my notes are made just by reading what was done and not having seen the
final films. So, it's not a final judgement.

27 DAYS LATER
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=31

by CBB
What is it about? This avoids the turn to social criticism the movie took in its
second half. This time it stays an apocalyptc horror movie.
Original Runtime: 113 min
New Runtime: 100 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 13 minutes cut
MY TAKE: We have enough apocalyptic horror movies. The social criticism seemed to
give this one that extra push it needed. Loved the original.

ALIEN: EXTENDED EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=133

by Unknown
What is it about? The 1979 classic with 14 minutes of added footage taken from
the Alien Quadrilogy DVD.
Original Runtime: 116 min
New Runtime: 131 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 14 min added
MY TAKE: I really want to see this, even though I was disappointed by the
director's cut (which wasn't really a director's cut) if only because the final
Dallas scene should have been placed earlier. The APPENDIX cut sounds even
longer. Loved the original.

ALIEN: EXTENDED EDITION 2
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=130

by Samrosenbaum
What is it about? The 1979 classic with several minutes of added footage taken
from the Alien Quadrilogy DVD. Actually this is a re-edit of Mr.E’s extended
Alien edition –>
Original Runtime : 116 minutes
New Runtime : 132 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 16 minutes added
MY TAKE: See above comments.

ALIEN APPENDIX 2: THE VIRTUAL WORKPRINT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=184

by Meedermow
What is it about? Alien Appendix contains several DVDs including rare and special
featurettes about Alien. No2 is a fan-edit of the film ALIEN which interpolates
all exisiting deleted scenes and a variety of unseen footage and unused score
cues to create a version that runs considerably longer than both the 1979
theatrical release and the 2003 director’s cut.
Original runtime: 116 mins.
New runtime: 139 mins.
Cut/added: 23 mins. added
MY TAKE: To note, there are a lot of appendix-type things on this site, including
much of ALIEN and the original DAWN OF THE DEAD. Must see stuff for people who
want all the behind the scenes stuff possible. As for this longer cut, see the
above comments.

BIO-ZOMBIE
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=68

by Raul
What is it about? This is a much improved edition of the original korean horror
trash movie. it still is a horror trash movie, but this time it is real fun to
watch.
Original Runtime: 94 min
New Runtime: 61 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 34 minutes cut, 1 minute added
MY TAKE: Nah, I don't care. Thought the original was overrated.

BLADE: PUREBLOOD EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=355
by Kemposato

What is it about? Re-defining some characters by taking out some inconsistent or
laughable moments and comprehensively re-editing some sequences to give
characters a new direction.
Original Runtime: 2 hours
New Runtime: 1:47:38
Amount of time Cut/Added: 12 minutes 22 seconds
MY TAKE: Never had any problems with the first BLADE, but could be interesting.
Love the original.

BLADE 3: BEHEAD THE KING EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=39

by CBB
What is it about? his reduces lame jokes and stupid scenes to a minimum, leaving
you with pure Blade entertainment.
Original Runtime : 113 min
New Runtime : 87 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 26 min cut
MY TAKE: I really hated the original, and the cuts sound like they removed much
of what was horrible. I'm sure the villains' acting is still atrocious, but you
can't win 'em all.

BLOODY VAMPIRE: THE GANGREL EDIT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=116

by Gangrel
What is it about? To make the film more of a serious Hammer style horror film and
eliminate the annoying Frankenhausen voice in favor of a more sinister voice and
sometimes totally different dialog by dubbing his dialog myself.
Original Runtime : 110 min
New Runtime : 108 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 2 minutes cut
MY TAKE: Re-dubbing a character sounds ballsy - could be great, could be awful.
Remember the "wrong sounding MUPPETS" from a recent FAMILY GUY episode? Never saw
the original.

DOOMED BY THE BOOGEYMAN
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=32

by CBB
What is it about? Can you really face the boogeyman and escape? Well, we made the
boogeyman a hell lot of scarier, so it won’t be that easy this time.
Original Runtime: 89 min
New Runtime: 68 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 40 min cut 19 min added
MY TAKE: Sounds like a better film at least. Didn't like the original, but I
acknowledge it had some good ideas.

NO, IT REALLY IS BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=21

by AdigitalMan
What is it about? With the love story removed from the movie this fanedit matches
the book far more and is also a much darker tale of the dark prince.
Original Runtime: 128 min
New Runtime: 103 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 25 min cut
MY TAKE: That title made me chuckle. Truthfully, it's not just the love story
that separated this from the source material, but whatever. Worth a look. Loved
the original, despite Keanu's horrendous accent.

BUFFY: BACK FROM THE GRAVE
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=86

by WMGan
What is it about? This turns the entire season 6 into one epic movie, featuring
the essential plot. to create one epic film.
Original Runtime: 22x 43 min
New Runtime: 218 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: please do the math yourself
MY TAKE: Now, this sounds like a fascinating idea and it could work very well.
Although early peeks have me disappointed that it begins during the resurrection
ritual. Hopefully, they'll sort out the bad taste left by the Xander/Anya arc
during the season as well. Incidentally, I am an unapologetic fan of the show.
However, my feelings towards the very controversial season 6 are, well...
complicated.

HELLBLAZER: REMIXED BY JORGE
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=100

by Jorge
What is it about? Using all the deleted scenes, re-arranging some material and
deleting other material, we refocus the story on John Constantine.
Original Runtime: 121min
New Runtime: 126 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: You do the math.
MY TAKE: A cut of CONSTANTINE, but using the original title of the comic. Sounds
good. Thought the original was so-so.

THE CROW: DE-COLORIZED
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=344

by Messenjah14
What is it about? This is the movie, mostly inblack & white, color only used for
specific scenes to make it a more darker movie.
Old Running Time: 97 mins
New Running Time: 97 mins
Cut/Added: Nothing was cut.
MY TAKE: Interesting, obviously going for a moodier feel, more in line with the
comic. Please, let's start teaching grammar though. "More darker" is just not
right. Love the original.

THE CROW: THE O'BARR EDIT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=84

by Suicidal Wombat Productions
What is it about? This trimms the movie drastically to much more fit the its
origin - the comic book.
Original Runtime : 1 Hours 41 Minutes
New Runtime : 53 Minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 48 MInutes cut
MY TAKE: Yeah, but faithfulness aside, the cuts sound horrible.

THE DESCENT: SCARY AS HELL EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=345

by 3Raz0r
What is it about? This is the scary as hell take on THE DESCENT. Less psycho,
less moral, less dragging, full crawler attack.
Original Runtime : 99 min
New Runtime : 83 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 16 min. cut
MY TAKE: If they cut some out of the first half hour maybe. But the moral aspects
were intriguing. Otherwise, it's just a better version of THE CAVE. Love the
original.

DOOM: THE POSESSED CUT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=69

by Scaperat
What is it about? This was trimmed to make it seem more like a horror film.
And it works!
Original Runtime: 1hr 53m
New Runtime: 1h 33m
Amount of time Cut/Added: approx.20m
MY TAKE: Sounds like it helps, who knows? Thought the original was so-so at best.

DUEL: REMIXED BY JORGE
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=118

by Jorge
What is it about? Try to make it more mysterious and thrilling as we change the
aspect ratio from 1:33;1 to a whopping 2:35;1.
Original Runtime: 90 min
New Runtime: 65 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: You do the math.
MY TAKE: 25 minutes cut sounds like a lot, but some of the cuts sound
interesting. Jorge seems to do good work. Loved the original.

THE EXORCIST III: FATHER KARRAS EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=115

by Father Merrin
What is it about? This combines The Exorcist III and The Exorcist seamlessly into
one film to enhance the overall movie.
Original Runtime: 105 minutes
New Runtime: 120 minutes
Amount of time Cut:15 minutes / Added:30 minutes
MY TAKE: Probably not our Father Merrin or it would include the entirety of
EXORCIST II spliced in. Have this floating around here and really want to take a
look at it. Loved the original.

FACES OF DEATH: CRUELTY FREE EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=214

by RETRO HORROR REMIX
What is it about? This is a fan edit of “Faces of Death”. Gone is the horrible
footage of animals being tortured and killed. Gone is the cheesy end credits and
bad music! Experience “Faces of Death” on a whole new terrifying level!
Original Runtime: 105 Minutes
New Runtime: 63 Minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 37 Minutes
MY TAKE: Something similar was done with the recent Region 1 release of CANNIBAL
HOLOCAUST, which I admired. Although, if you're still seeing people get killed, I
don't see how this is "cruelty free." (I know, much of it was faked, but
still...). The edits and adjustments do sound artistically done. Hated the
original.

FINAL DESTINATION: FINAL CALL EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=275

by Zebedee
What is it about? This new 2 disc edition of final destination adds some
interesting things. On the first disc you will find the main movie with deleted
scenes added in and a whole new ending. On disc 2 there is a more expirmental
effort that re-arranges the film for a whole new watching experience!
Original Runtime: 98 Minutes
New Runtime: 97 & 94 Minutes (two different edits of the film
Amount of time Cut/Added: Alternate cut: 8 mins added, 8 mins cut / fragmented
cut: 1 min added, 5 mins cut
MY TAKE: Strange but possibly worth it. I don't really like these movies though.

FLATLINERS: TRUE NIGHTMARE EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=40

by CBB
What is it about? By removing William Baldwin’s death experience from the movie,
this becomes a more dense horror movie than before.
Original Runtime : 115 min
New Runtime : 95 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 20 min cut
MY TAKE: I dunno, I thought the Baldwin scenes accentuated the theme of your past
catching up with you and the crimes you commit in this life following you to the
next. Incidentally, I loved the underrated original and still think it's
Schumacher's best film.

FREDDY VS. JASON 2.0
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=291

by SteveJo86
What is it about? Remove all the corny, cheesy & plain childish dialogue &
actions made by the many people in the movie.
Original Runtime : 94 minutes
New Runtime : 62 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 32 minutes cut
MY TAKE: Again, cuts had to be made, but a whole third of the film? Yeah, maybe.
Kind of liked the original.

FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE LEGEND OF CRYSTAL LAKE
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=282

by teresofblood
What is it about? With all this talk of a remake and talk of who the killer will
be, I wanted to make an edit that is as close as possible to what I think the
remake should be. I wanted the story to include Jason and Mrs. Voorhees, to
display both of their legacies in one reasonably lengthed movie.
Running Time: 182 mins
New Combine Running Time: 94 mins
Cut: 88 mins
MY TAKE: Looking at the specific cuts, I can't imagine how this would play out.
But I'd like to take a look. Liked the original, really liked PART 2.

THE DEATH AND REBIRTH OF JASON VORHEES
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=295

by Gangrel
What is it about? decided to expand my favorite Friday The 13th film… The Final
Chapter by editing it together with some of my favorite parts of some of the
other films in the series. The film basically follows Jason as he makes his way
to Crystal Lake and kills anyone who crosses his path, though it also focuses on
Tommy Jarvis (as none of Corey Feldman’s scenes are cut). Chris of part 3 is only
a minor character and I deleted all references to her meeting Jason prior to 3
(which means his unmasking after being hung and her saying, “it’s you!” are cut
as well). The body count is extremely high and the kills are extremely gory (just
like I like them)!
Old Combine Running Time: 454 mins
New Combine Running Time: 135 mins
Cut: Do the math…
MY TAKE: So it's THE FINAL CHAPTER with a bunch of kills from the other original
nine films (excluding JASON X probably) added in? Uh, yeah okay. If anyone wants
the real math, it looks like roughly 45 mins. has been added to the FINAL
CHAPTER. Might be interesting as the films do sort of bleed into each other, no
pun intended. Didn't like the original.

GHOSTHOUSE: GRINDHOUSE EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=253

by RETRO HORROR REMIX
What is it about? This is a more intense and fun take on the original film. Lots
of annoying scenes were removed.
Original Runtime: 90 Minutes
New Runtime: 43 Minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 47 Minutes
MY TAKE: I sold some old Something Weird titles on eBay and used the term
"grindhouse" to sell them. Now, these really were shown in those theatres, but
with the new movie out, it seems like people are ignorantly using the title where
it is absolutely unwarranted. I say "NO" to this one as they cut too much out and
I really don't see the point as reflected in the title. Liked the original.

HALLOWEEN: THE NIGHT HE CAME HOME
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=279

by Suicidal Wombat Productions
What is it about? This eliminates some excess dialog and remove scenes that just
didn’t seem to fit in with the story.
Original Runtime : 1:31
New Runtime : 1:29
Amount of time Cut/Added : 2 minutes cut.
MY TAKE: Seems like a minor edit. Might be worth a look, but I'm not going out of
my way to find it. Loved the original.

HALLOWEEN TRILOGY PT.1: A NIGHT IN HADDONFIELD
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=62

by Pauley79
What is it about? This combines Halloween 1 and Halloween 2 to one complete movie
and presents an all new ending.
Original Runtime : 91 min & 93 min
New Runtime : 2 hours and 54 min
MY TAKE: Sounds great, except for the new ending (he uses footage from
RESURRECTION, which was crap). Loved the original, liked HALLOWEEN II.

HALLOWEEN TRILOGY PT. 2: HALLOWEEN 2
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=63

by Pauley79
What is it about? This one is a FanEdit of “Halloween: H20?, trimmed to improve
the movie and fit into the trilogy from Pauley79
Original Runtime : 1 hour and 26 min
New Runtime : 1 hour and 38 min
MY TAKE: The new ending sounds more respecting of Jamie Lee Curtis than in
RESURRECTION. Other than that, I still didn't like HALLOWEEN: WATER.

HALLOWEEN TRILOGY PT. 3:
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=64

by Pauley79
What is it about? This is a fanedit of Halloween “Resurrection”, trimmed to an
improved horror experience and set to fit to pauley79’s Halloween trilogy.
Original Runtime : 1 hour and 29 min
New Runtime : 1 hour and 20 min
MY TAKE: It's HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION. You can't fit this in with the originals,
because the quality is obviously so much less. As you can tell, I really hated
the original.

HALLOWEEN V: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS - THE PHINEASBG CUT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=317

by Phineasbg
What is it about?One year has passed since the events of Halloween 4. Michael
Myers has returned to terrorize his hometown of Haddonfield, and his long-lost
niece, Jamie Lloyd. Young Jamie, who has lost her ability to speak since
attacking her foster mother, has developed a telepathic link with her uncle. The
ever resourceful Dr. Sam Loomis has a plan to finally put an end to Michael’s
rage.
Original Runtime: 96 min.
New Runtime: 90 min.
Amount of time Cut/Added: 6 minutes removed.
MY TAKE: Some of the cuts sound like good ones. Kind of liked the original.

HALLOWEEN 666: THE PRODUCER'S CUT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=102

by Unknown (the creator is not known to us)
What is it about? Using a copy of the Producer’s Cut along with a copy of the
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers DVD, we were able to splice together a
version of the Producer’s Cut which promises to be the highest quality
incarnation to date!
Original Runtime: 88 min
New Runtime: 85 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 3 min cut
MY TAKE: I've seen the producer's cut in a lower quality print. It's a vast
improvement over the original and at least makes it an entertaining viewing
experience. Hated the theatrical cut.

HANNIBAL: DESSERTS SERVED WITH YOUR MAIN COURSE
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=3

by AdigitalMan
What is it about? This includes most of the deleted scenes and the alternate
ending. You will get a whole lot more of Hannibal this time.
Original Runtime: 131 minutes
New Runtime: 150 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 19 minutes added
MY TAKE: A HANNIBAL epic? I'm game. Liked the original.

HANNIBAL: SPECIAL HANNIBALIZED EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=28

by CBB
What is it about? Our movie shows Hannibal as a monster following his own motives
and instincts, which are not explained by morale or deeper logic. This is the
Hannibal we know from “Silence of the Lambs”.
Original Runtime: 131 min
New Runtime: 132 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 20 minutes cut, 21 min added
MY TAKE: Sounds interesting.

HELLRAISER III: HELL ON EARTH
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=342

by YOUR MAMA VIDEO
What is it about? Tightening up the story and removing as much “cheese” as
possible to make this a much more enjoyable version of the movie.
Original Runtime : 93 mins
New Runtime : 66 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 17 mins
MY TAKE: Now this might be worth something. I hated HELLRAISER III, but some some
wasted potential within it. Maybe, this helps?

HELLRAISER V: JOSEPH'S LAMENT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=307

by Messenjah14
What is it about? I wanted to make the film far more mysterious, make the viewers
really think about what’s happening. And while I was at it, I got rid of some of
the major nags I had about the film. The edits may seem small, but I assure you,
they change the tone of the film to the better.
Old Running Time: 99 mins
New Running Time: 89 mins
Cut: 10 minutes.
MY TAKE: Couldn't hurt, and the edits actually sound interesting. Hated the
original.

HIGH TENSION: MINUS ONE EDIT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=33

by CBB
What is it about? When the director of the original decided to include a plot
twist towards the ending, not everyone agreed that it was a good move to make.
This is what this movie looks like without it.
Original Runtime: 91 min
New Runtime: 74 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 17 min cut
MY TAKE: Okay now, happy?!? Loved the original.

THE HILLS HAVE EYES 2: SCARY AS HELL EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=336

by 3Raz0r
What is it about? This is the scariest version of THE HILLS HAVE EYES 2 you will
probably ever see. Densified. Darkified. Deshittified.
Original Runtime : 89 min
New Runtime : 83 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 10 min. cut/4 min. added
MY TAKE: Previously mentioned by Ghoul in another post, this one might work. It
probably won't be great but the choices made sound like good ones. Didn't like
the original.

HORROR HOUSE ON HIGHWAY 5: THE RED ROOM MURDERS
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=120

by Retro Horror Remix
What is it about? This one needed a MAJOR overhaul…twice! I first edited this
film about
a year ago. That cut removed over half of the footage, but still kept many
pointless and irrelevant scenes.
Original Runtime: 88 Minutes
New Runtime: 26 Minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 62 Minutes Cut
MY TAKE: Honestly, I've never even heard of this one, much less seen it. So, I
can't really comment over how the cuts might reflect the final product.

HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY: GRINDHOUSE EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=378

by RETRO HORROR REMIX
What is it about? This is Lucio Fulci’s House By The Cemetery, presented in a
“Grindhouse” style with many of the annoying and pointless scenes with the
children removed.
Original Runtime : 85 Min
New Runtime : 70 Min
Amount of time Cut/Added : About 15 minutes cut
MY TAKE: The stuff with the children was VERY important, though I'm interested to
see how they pitched Bob's voice down in this one. Love the original.

IN DREAMS: SOMBER EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=207

by Zebedee
What is it about? This enhances the overall quality of the original by tweaking
it a little bit, especially the ending.
Original Runtime: 1:35:30
New Runtime: 1:29:50
Amount of time Cut/Added: 5 mins 40 secs
MY TAKE: Sounds interesting. Original was so-so.

IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS: RECUT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=320

by YOUR MAMA VIDEO
What is it about? Its more darker and more suspenseful version of the the movie
Original Runtime : 95 mins
New Runtime : 86 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 9 mins
MY TAKE: Just say "darker," not "more darker." Still, interesting choices. Love
the original.

THE LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET: TOTAL SNUFF EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=126

by Retro Horror Remix
What is it about? To create a faux snuff film using the footage-within-footage
from the film. This is meant to be viewed as if it were some unlabeled vhs you
found in a serial killer’s basement.
Original Runtime: 77 Minutes
New Runtime: 13 Minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 64 Minutes Cut
MY TAKE: Heh, pretty amusing premise. Liked the original.

A FAILED EXPEDITION TO THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK 2
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=329

by Vmancini
What is it about? By taking out the unnecessary and contrived San Diege ending
(plus Kelly kicking the raptor) and adding the deleted scenes which flesh out the
takeover of InGen and the characters of Roland and Arjay, this fanedit is more in
the spirit of the original movie.
Original Runtime : 129 Min
New Runtime : 112 Min
Amount of time Cut/Added :
Added - 7 min of deleted scenes
Cut - 24 min
MY TAKE: Works for me, but they have to cut some things way down. Make Vaughn's
character more threatening, cut down Goldblum's daughter drastically, etc. Hate
the original.

JURASSIC PARK: ESCAPE FROM SITE B
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=97

by Suicidal Wombat Productions
What is it about? This trimms the movie drastically to much more fit to the
original movie. This time the T-Rex will not stumble through San Diego.
Original Runtime : 2:08
New Runtime : 1:28
Amount of time Cut/Added : 40 minutes cut.
MY TAKE: Might make for a better take on THE LOST WORLD. Hated the original.

NO, IT REALLY IS MARY SHELLY'S FRANKENSTEIN
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=9

by AdigitalMan
What is it about? By cutting out the re-animation scenes of Elizabeth this now
gets way closer to the original book.
Original Runtime: 123 minutes
New Runtime: 113 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 10 minutes cut
MY TAKE: It's the one part of the original I didn't care for, so I'll be checking
it out. Really liked the original.

THE MUMMY REBORN
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=60

by Kracker
What is it about? This edit is trying to make the movie more twisted.
Original Runtime: 124/130 min
New Runtime: 156 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 98 minutes cut
MY TAKE: Read the description on the link. It actually sounds funny. Of course,
making these movies more twisted sounds like the dillema that faced Spinal Tap
with their album cover. "The question is, 'How much blacker can this be?' And the
answer is... 'none.'"

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET PART 0: NO MORE MR. NICE GUY
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=289

by Retro Horror Remix
What is it about? I had to remove all (well, MOST anyway!) of the bad acting, cut
out the second half of the episode as it goes in a different direction and add
lots of little touches such as music from the first NOES film, proper movie
edits, and ofcourse, the widescreen bars. I made lots of changes and overall I
feel this accurately portrays Freddy’s backstory in an enjoyable 25 minute short.
Original Runtime: 47 Minutes
New Runtime: 22 Minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 25 Minutes Cut
MY TAKE: Re-editing Freddy's origin story from FREDDY'S NIGHTMARES sounds like an
interesting curio. I remember this scaring the beejeebers out of me when I was
twelve, but I haven't seen it since.

THE OMEN 666: FAN EDITED UNRATED VERSION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=145

by Angysvn Productions
What is it about? Including some of the unrated extended scenes
adds to the overall creepy atmosphere.
Original Runtime : 110 min
New Runtime : 110 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 28 seconds Added
MY TAKE: This is a version of the remake. Didn't see the original, and still
don't really want to. I was never a huge fan of the 1970s film anyway.

THE OTHERS: FANEDITED BY YOUR MAMA VIDEO
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=299

by YOUR MAMA VIDEO
What is it about? This trimms THE OTHERS to be a real ghosthouse movie.
Suspenseful. thrilling. Mysterious. And a lot shorter…
orig. runtime :104mins
new runtime: 52mins
Cut: 52 mins.
MY TAKE: I had only one complaint about THE OTHERS and that is it was too long.
Still, cutting it by half seems drastic. My guess is to make it seem more like an
episode of an anthology series? Hmm, an 85 minute film would have been fine.
Really liked the original.

RESIDENT EVIL: REGENERATED
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=326

by YOUR MAMA VIDEO
What is it about? To combine both films into a more thrilling one movie.
Original Runtime: 101 mins & 94 mins
New Runtime: 151 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added: 44 mins
MY TAKE: Possibly good, but wouldn't the sudden character and locale shift be a
bit disorienting? Like the originals.

ROSE RED
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=373

What is it about? Intended to make this more of a ghost story about Rose Red.
Leaving out a lot of character story without chopping the ghost story out.
Original Runtime : 240 mins
New Runtime : 159 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 81 mins
MY TAKE: Honestly, ROSE RED could have lost a lot of stuff in the first half and
been a much better movie. There's character development and then there's padding.
The original had a lot of padding. Didn't like the original.

SILENT HILL: THE ADD EDIT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=113

by Ilubu
What is it about? This is supposed to be much more in the spirit fo the game.
Original Runtime : 127 min
New Runtime : 92 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 35
MY TAKE: I never played the game, so I can't say whether this might work or not.
Liked the original.

SILENT HILL: THE SPENCE EDIT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=79

by Spence
What is it about? This edit shortens the film and focuses it on the character of
Rose and the town of Silent Hill.
Original Runtime : 2 hrs. 5 min.
New Runtime : 1 hr. 43 min.
MY TAKE: I didn't have a problem with the Sean Bean scenes. But maybe this makes
for a tighter film.

STARSHIP TROOPERS: EXTENDED EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=129

by Nomarch
What is it about? This extends the original movie with 4 additional scenes and
the alternate ending.
Original Runtime : 124 Mins
New Runtime : 130 Mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 6 mins
MY TAKE: Hmmm, could always stand to see more TROOPERS. Don't think I ever caught
the alternate ending. Loved the original.

STARSHIP TROOPERS: RAW
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=93

by Voodl
What is it about? This gets rid of the love story and of all the TV satire.
Now it is a pure bug war movie.
Original Runtime : 130min
New Runtime : 91min
Cut/added: 39 mins. cut
MY TAKE: So, it's basically a live-action version of the ROUGHNECKS show? Bo-
ring! Just sounds like a bad idea. Loved the original.

THE TERMINATOR: EXTENDED EDITION
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=151

by AdigitalMan
What is it about? Terminator 1 as a more complete movie, extended with several
missing scenes that truly add to character development and the storyline.
Original Runtime: 108 min
New Runtime: 116 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 8 min added
MY TAKE: Hell, sounds good to me! I've seen another of ADigitalMan's edits and he
actually does good work, trying to preserve the integrity of the original film
while offering a different interpretation of it. Loved the original.

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: AN EXPERIMENT IN FEAR
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=110

by Retro Horror Remix
What is it about? TA much shorter, more intense,
yet still artistic take on the original movie.
Original Runtime : 84 min
New Runtime : 25 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : about 1 hour
MY TAKE: If all it truly is is an "experiment," it might be interesting. But it
just sounds wrong-headed to me. Loved the original.

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE THOMAS HEWITT FILE
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=41

by CBB
What is it about? It combines TCM - THE BEGINNING and TCM - REMAKE to one
complete and cruel story.
Original Runtime: 91 min & 98 min
New Runtime: 98 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 91 minutes cut
MY TAKE: Sounds fun. Liked the originals.

THE VILLAGE: REAL THREAT EDIT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=94

Original Runtime : 104min
New Runtime : 79min
MY TAKE: I didn't include the "what's it about" thing because of spoilers. This
is basically to appease those who hated the twist. I dunno. Thought the original
was so-so.

WHAT LIES BENEATH
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=348

by YOUR MAMA VIDEO
What is it about? This is now a faster paced “Ghost Story”. I have always felt
that there was way more story than there needed to be.
So, cutting it out, I believe makes for a more intense movie experience.
Original Runtime : 2hrs 10mins
New Runtime : 1hr 23mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 47 mins
MY TAKE: Hate the way he words it. "Way more story than there had to be" gives me
a chill for all the wrong reasons. Might be good, but I did like the original.
Some trimming might be in order, but more than 45 minutes seems excessive. Loved
the original.

WILLARD: THE RATMAN CUT
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=135

by Ratman
What is it about? Based on the workprint, this extended cut of Willard finally
gives you the complete movie to enjoy.
Original Runtime: 100 min
New Runtime: 110 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 10 min added
MY TAKE: Again, based around the remake. Sounds interesting. Liked the original
and rate it higher than the 1973 film.

--
---

loucyphre -
"I like it. It's a statement."
- (Linnea Quigley, "Return of the Living Dead")

"It's all these booze-addled British boys with their Viz-style
rough-and-tumble pub-style blabbering and bullshitting about fucking
sheep and 'getting pissed' and 'tits' and 'arse'. It used to be such a polite,
congenial place, did alt.horror."
- (Dr. Phibes, alt.horror, 12/16/01)

the dog from that film you saw

Oct 5, 2007, 11:53:20 AM10/5/07

"loucyphre" <loucyphre2HAI...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>A few years ago, that guy opened the floodgates by re-editing THE PHANTOM
>MENACE
> into something which still sucked, but sucked a lot less than the
> theatrical
> version. Apparantly, fan edits are big stuff now, and there are a lot in
> the
> horror field. Some are extreme, cutting out almost everything and many
> making
> some horrible decisions. Others sound more interesting. I've only seen a
> couple,
> but thought I'd open it up here and see what people think of these. There
> is much
> more detail in the actual links, including exactly what was cut or added
> and why.
> Many of my notes are made just by reading what was done and not having
> seen the
> final films. So, it's not a final judgement.

the problem for me with fan edits is that someone, somewhere, presumes they
know better.
better than the professionals.
now maybe sometimes they do, but with a fan edit you can't really do a real
edit - you can take away bits you dont like, but you cant edit in the
alternate takes and extra filmed bits that you think are needed - not unless
there's a few scraps on the extra features of a dvd.
therefore, every fan edit i have ever seen is just the same old movie with
25 minutes missing.

--
Gareth.

That fly... is your magic wand.
http://www.last.fm/user/dsbmusic/

Markus

Oct 7, 2007, 12:35:06 PM10/7/07
the dog from that film you saw wrote:
> therefore, every fan edit i have ever seen is just the same old movie with
> 25 minutes missing.

Well, in that case, why don't they make Jess Franco fan edits? They
could have 75 minutes missing!

..Markus