Trump Pounces On Biden-Ukraine Scandal As Whistleblower Story Flips On Dems

Home Guy

Sep 21, 2019, 6:05:24 PM9/21/19

Trump Pounces On Biden-Ukraine Scandal As Whistleblower Story Flips On
Dems

Sat, 09/21/2019 - 11:16

President Trump and his social media team have seized on allegations
that Joe Biden abused his position as Vice President to strongarm
Ukraine into firing its top prosecutor - who was leading a wide-ranging
investigation into Biden's son Hunter and the natural gas firm that paid
him $50,000 per month despite his total lack of experience.

While the Biden-Ukraine story has been simmering for the better part of
five years under a firm MSM lid, the scandal has been thrust into the
spotlight after the MSM peddled a 'scandalous' whistleblower story in
which a "partisan" G-man reported that Trump made promises to a foreign
leader that were inappropriate.

Now, we come to find out that the conversation was with Ukraine's new
president, Volodymyr Zelensky, about reopening the Biden investigation -
and that it did not contain a quid pro quo.

And while Democrats' hopes of finally nailing Trump appear to be melting
into their sea of Russiagate tears, Trump is now capitalizing on the
turnabout, bigly.

"The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, want to stay
as far away as possible from the Joe Biden demand that the Ukrainian
Government fire a prosecutor who was investigating his son, or they
won't get a very large amount of U.S. money, so they fabricate a story
about me and a perfectly fine and routine conversation I had with the
new President of the Ukraine," Trump said this in his opening salvo over
Twitter Saturday morning.

"Nothing was said that was in any way wrong, but Biden's demand, on the
other hand, was a complete and total disaster. The Fake News knows this
but doesn't want to report!"

Trump then posted a montage beginning with Biden claiming "Not one
single credible outlet has given any credibility to his [Trump's]
assertion."

Au contraire Biden:

This is the real and only story! pic.twitter.com/4z8eOcm6PA
- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 21, 2019

Trump's 2020 campaign account chimed in, providing clips of the MSM
investigating the Biden claims, along with a report that former
Secretary of State John Kerry's (D) son cut ties with Hunter Biden over
Ukraine.

WATCH THE FULL ABC NEWS INVESTIGATION!

"Was Hunter Biden profiting off his dad's work as Vice President,
and did Joe Biden allow it?"https://t.co/FC4DwJBVit
pic.twitter.com/YEkGynLwmW
- Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) September 21, 2019

"Hunter Biden's new job at a Ukrainian gas company is a problem" -
The Washington Post, 2014https://t.co/DRiaRAJx0x
- Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) September 21, 2019

On Friday, Trump downplayed the whistleblower story, telling reporters
at the White House: "I'll tell you this, somebody ought to look into Joe
Biden's statement where He talked about billions of dollars that he's
not giving to a certain country unless a certain prosecutor is taken off
the case. So, somebody ought to look into that and you wouldn't because
he's a Democrat. And the fake news doesn't look into things like that,
it's a disgrace," warning the press "You've had a very bad week, and
this will be better than all of 'em, this is another one. So keep
playing it out because you're gonna look really bad when it falls, and I
guess I'm about 22 and 0 and I'll keep it that way."

Biden lashes out

On Friday, Biden issued a statement calling on Trump to release a
transcript of his July phone call with Zelensky.

"If these reports are true, then ... It means that he [Trump] used the
power and resources of the United States to pressure a sovereign
nation-a partner that is still under direct assault from Russia-pushing
Ukraine to subvert the rule of law in the express hope of extracting a
political favor," he said - apparently unaware of the irony that he
openly bragged about doing the exact same thing years earlier.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-pounces-biden-ukraine-scandal-whistleblower-story-flips-dems

trader_4

Sep 22, 2019, 11:45:36 AM9/22/19
On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 6:05:24 PM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:
> Trump Pounces On Biden-Ukraine Scandal As Whistleblower Story Flips On
> Dems
>
> Sat, 09/21/2019 - 11:16
>
> President Trump and his social media team have seized on allegations
> that Joe Biden abused his position as Vice President to strongarm
> Ukraine into firing its top prosecutor - who was leading a wide-ranging
> investigation into Biden's son Hunter and the natural gas firm that paid
> him $50,000 per month despite his total lack of experience.
>
> While the Biden-Ukraine story has been simmering for the better part of
> five years under a firm MSM lid, the scandal has been thrust into the
> spotlight after the MSM peddled a 'scandalous' whistleblower story in
> which a "partisan" G-man reported that Trump made promises to a foreign
> leader that were inappropriate.
>
> Now, we come to find out that the conversation was with Ukraine's new
> president, Volodymyr Zelensky, about reopening the Biden investigation -
> and that it did not contain a quid pro quo.
>
> And while Democrats' hopes of finally nailing Trump appear to be melting
> into their sea of Russiagate tears, Trump is now capitalizing on the
> turnabout, bigly.

Trump is in deep, deep trouble. Even the Republicans will have a tough
time defending a president insisting that a foreign govt open an investigation
into his political opponent who's running for president and leading in the
polls. They will have to explain why if this is legitimate, Trump didn't
direct the FBI to do an investigation, but instead turned to a foreign
country. Last election, Trump asked for help and was helped by Russia.
So, having narrowly escaped that fiasco, what does he do? It sure looks
like he and his crazy pal Ruddy pressured Ukraine to help him in the
upcoming election. The chances that Trump will be impeached and/or
will be dumped by the GOP just went way up.

As for their being no quid pro quo, there doesn't need to be for this
to be an abuse of power. Simply pressuring Ukraine to help Trump over
his opponent is enough. But it sure looks like Trump was holding up
the US arms aid package to Ukraine
trying to force Ukraine to open an investigation into the Bidens.
Trump and the trumpets better hope that they can show that the Bidens
were corrupt, that might help Trump's spinning of what he did. But
like all pay-to-play BS, that's going to be hard to prove. Meanwhile,
there is a tape of Trump. Also, the DNI resigned, another top intel
official resigned, the US ambassadors to Russia and Ukraine both resigned,
the WH adviser on Russia and a couple others mysteriously all resigned
during the several months that Ruddy and Trump were screwing around
with demanding Ukraine do their bidding.
Wait until we find out why and I'll bet at least some of them, if allowed
to testify, will bury Trump with the truth. It's now going to be politically
impossible for Pelosi to hold back the impeachment process. Trump again,
done in by his own hand.