Where Were You On This Day In 1963?

Uncle Monster

Nov 22, 2015, 4:17:34 PM11/22/15
I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (⌣́_⌣̀)

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

bob_villain

Nov 22, 2015, 4:22:45 PM11/22/15
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 3:17:34 PM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:
> I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (⌣́_⌣̀)
>
> [8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

It was my last class of the day in my senior high school year...all the guys (phy.ed.) were somber.

Oren

Nov 22, 2015, 4:28:34 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 13:17:26 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
<uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (??_??)
>
>[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

What month and day? Nobody in my class stood and cheered.

Terry Coombs

Nov 22, 2015, 4:36:51 PM11/22/15
This date in 1963 , the day JFK was assassinated , I was sitting in Mr
Hawkes' 5th grade classroom . Most of the girls cried , most of the boys
were trying hard not to .

--
Snag

Oren

Nov 22, 2015, 4:47:47 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 15:37:17 -0600, "Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com>
wrote:
Our teacher brought a B&W television into the class. We watched the
news a long while. I think Walter Cronkite was the narrator.

Uncle Monster

Nov 22, 2015, 4:48:49 PM11/22/15
Friday, November 22, 1963 in the afternoon when we returned to the classroom from the lunchroom. Other people told me the same thing happened in their school, some of them were the ones cheering. Even though Alabamastan was controlled by Democrats at the time, JFK was not at all popular because of his support for the civil rights movement. Many kids overheard their parents saying things such as "He ought to be shot!" Kids picked up on this attitude of their parents. Me and my siblings never heard that nonsense in our household. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Stunned Monster

Terry Coombs

Nov 22, 2015, 4:49:25 PM11/22/15
Correction , that was a 6th grade classroom .

--
Snag

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Nov 22, 2015, 4:58:35 PM11/22/15
<uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (??_??)
>
>[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

I was in Grade 7. Friday noon, I was sitting on the front steps of
Riverside Public School in Waterloo Ontario when we got the news.
Quite a few of the kids (senior public) started to cry. Here in Canada
we saw it as an extremely sad day for the USA.

Eagle

Nov 22, 2015, 5:08:08 PM11/22/15
Uncle Monster explained on 11/22/2015 :
Prolly ditch school an go surf.

Muggles

Nov 22, 2015, 5:31:01 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 3:17 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
> I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (⌣́_⌣̀)
>
> [8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

I was probably in my bedroom playing with my barbie dolls since I wasn't
old enough to go to school, yet.

--
Maggie

Uncle Monster

Nov 22, 2015, 5:41:08 PM11/22/15
I thought you were 63 years old. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Old Monster

Eagle

Nov 22, 2015, 5:51:00 PM11/22/15
It happens that Uncle Monster formulated :
No, I'm 66. Whare did y'all get that idea? lol

Paint...@unlisted.moc

Nov 22, 2015, 5:51:00 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:31:00 -0600, Muggles <its...@ing.chilly> wrote:

>I was probably in my bedroom playing with my barbie dolls since I wasn't
>old enough to go to school, yet.
>
>--
>Maggie

Ok, we have this OT thread, and so far no one has mentioned WHAT
HAPPENED on this date ?????

I'm no historian, so what happened?

Percival P. Cassidy

Nov 22, 2015, 6:00:55 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 05:48 PM, Paint...@unlisted.moc wrote:

>> I was probably in my bedroom playing with my barbie dolls since I wasn't
>> old enough to go to school, yet.

> Ok, we have this OT thread, and so far no one has mentioned WHAT
> HAPPENED on this date ?????
>
> I'm no historian, so what happened?

C'mon. I didn't know either (I'm not a US citizen and wasn't here at the
time), but I Googled "November 22 1963" and discovered that it was the
date of JFK's assassination.

Perce

Eagle

Nov 22, 2015, 6:10:20 PM11/22/15
Paint...@unlisted.moc expressed precisely :
The prez got shot and killed.

Muggles

Nov 22, 2015, 6:17:22 PM11/22/15
Not yet anyway. I'm 3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X

--
Maggie

Oren

Nov 22, 2015, 6:30:00 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 13:48:46 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
<uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Friday, November 22, 1963 in the afternoon when we returned to the classroom from the lunchroom. Other people told me the same thing happened in their school, some of them were the ones cheering. Even though Alabamastan was controlled by Democrats at the time, JFK was not at all popular because of his support for the civil rights movement. Many kids overheard their parents saying things such as "He ought to be shot!" Kids picked up on this attitude of their parents. Me and my siblings never heard that nonsense in our household. o_O
>
>[8~{} Uncle Stunned Monster

I forgot today was the anniversary. I lived in the deep south. I
often heard similar comments about MLK, too. "Wish that nigger was
dead" and other things like that. I never understood, but a relative,
a life long democrat voted republican for the first time in his life.

Luckily, I never bought into all the crap even at a young age. I think
for myself and make my own mind up. Have all my life and still due.

I'd rather be in the swamp fishin'-n-giggin frogs'. Chasin' wild
animals and shooting guns or playing with dynamite.

Ralph Mowery

Nov 22, 2015, 6:32:02 PM11/22/15

"Muggles" <its...@ing.chilly> wrote in message
>> I thought you were 63 years old. o_O
>>
>> [8~{} Uncle Old Monster
>>

> Not yet anyway. I'm 3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X

What 182 ?

or

((3(60+2))-(2x6))÷3=X

and even at that I may have a () out of place. Been a long time.

Gatuzo

Nov 22, 2015, 6:42:52 PM11/22/15

Oren

Nov 22, 2015, 6:45:10 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:48:31 -0600, Paint...@unlisted.moc wrote:

>Ok, we have this OT thread, and so far no one has mentioned WHAT
>HAPPENED on this date ?????
>
>I'm no historian, so what happened?

LBJ became president. On a plane from Dallas. Jackie was still covered
in blood.

Muggles

Nov 22, 2015, 6:56:09 PM11/22/15
3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X I think this is correct syntax, but it's been a LONG
time.

--
Maggie

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Nov 22, 2015, 6:56:53 PM11/22/15
Brain fart - Elmira, not Waterloo

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Nov 22, 2015, 6:57:55 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:48:31 -0600, Paint...@unlisted.moc wrote:

JFK was shot to death in Dallas Texas

wand...@att.net

Nov 22, 2015, 6:59:13 PM11/22/15
<uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms.

Terrible. Where was this? In my school everyone was sad.

> The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (??_??)

We've been seeing the same sort of blind hate for the last 7 years.

One even sees it on this ng.

>[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 22, 2015, 6:59:36 PM11/22/15
<uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (??_??)
>
>[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Sitting in the student news paper office at 1736 G street. (block and
a half from the White House).

Yeah, getting home was an adventure.

Muggles

Nov 22, 2015, 7:08:18 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 5:42 PM, Gatuzo wrote:
> On 11/22/2015 6:17 PM, Muggles wrote:

>>> I thought you were 63 years old. o_O
>>>
>>> [8~{} Uncle Old Monster
>>>

>> Not yet anyway. I'm 3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X
>

> I'm 3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X
>
> x=58

You win the door prize! See monster for collecting it. haha!
--
Maggie

Micky

Nov 22, 2015, 7:16:04 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 18:08:17 -0600, Muggles <its...@ing.chilly>
wrote:

>On 11/22/2015 5:42 PM, Gatuzo wrote:

>>> Not yet anyway. I'm 3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X
>>

>> I'm 3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X
>>
>> x=58
>>

>You win the door prize! See monster for collecting it. haha!

So you were 6 years old. Why weren't you in school?

Micky

Nov 22, 2015, 7:18:13 PM11/22/15
GWU?

>a half from the White House).
>
>Yeah, getting home was an adventure.

I guess you couldn't take the subway.

Eagle

Nov 22, 2015, 7:19:18 PM11/22/15
Eagle formulated on Sunday :
OOOOOPS.....wrong thread.

Muggles

Nov 22, 2015, 7:21:30 PM11/22/15
No, I was 5 yrs old on 11/22/1963

--
Maggie

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Nov 22, 2015, 7:21:55 PM11/22/15
Most Canadians know.

Oren

Nov 22, 2015, 7:34:13 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:21:57 -0500, cl...@snyder.on.ca wrote:

>>> I'm no historian, so what happened?
>>
>>C'mon. I didn't know either (I'm not a US citizen and wasn't here at the
>>time), but I Googled "November 22 1963" and discovered that it was the
>>date of JFK's assassination.
>>
>>Perce

> Most Canadians know.

Most of the world knew, too. On the day of the event.

Etched in my mind. Government should release the classified documents
before we die.

Dean Hoffman

Nov 22, 2015, 7:34:17 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 15:17:26 -0600, Uncle Monster <uncl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system,
> all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people
> in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my
> siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible
> children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for
> years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and
> reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their
> parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults.
> (⌣́_⌣̀)
>
> [8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Playing in the gym over noon hour when news came of the shooting.
Sitting in 3rd grade class when news of the President's death came. I
don't
remember if the teacher asked us to write something about it.
Remember the movie PT-109?

Eagle

Nov 22, 2015, 7:34:42 PM11/22/15
Sycho explained :
> I can't believe what Eagle <no@not now.ever> said in alt.home.repair
> on Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:19:15 -0800 *gasp!*:
>
>> Eagle formulated on Sunday :
>>> It happens that Uncle Monster formulated :

>>> No, I'm 66. Whare did y'all get that idea? lol
>>
>> OOOOOPS.....wrong thread.
>
> Not only do you NOT know how to use a killfilter, you also don't know
> how to Reply-To the correct thread..
>
> WHAT A LOSER!!!1
>
> bahahahahahahaha!!!

psyclo the megaluzer....in the dunny bin.
BUHAHAHAHAHA! Bye Bye goon!

Micky

Nov 22, 2015, 7:44:54 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 18:21:29 -0600, Muggles <its...@ing.chilly>
Okay, you're excused.

Muggles

Nov 22, 2015, 7:48:15 PM11/22/15
Thanks!

--
Maggie

Dusty

Nov 22, 2015, 7:53:34 PM11/22/15

Uncle Monster<uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (⌣́_⌣̀)
> [8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Download original assassination coverage of JFK at
https://www.otrcat.com/

Oren

Nov 22, 2015, 8:25:51 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:15:59 -0500, Micky <NONONO...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>So you were 6 years old. Why weren't you in school?

Sick day? I went to school or got a big spoon of Castor oil for a
motivator :)

ItsJoanNotJoann

Nov 22, 2015, 8:27:19 PM11/22/15
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 3:17:34 PM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:

> I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system,
>
> [8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

I was in the junior high school cafeteria listening to
a trasistor radio (remember those?) when I heard he'd been shot.
At that moment it had not been announced he was dead.

rbowman

Nov 22, 2015, 9:20:12 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 02:48 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
> Even though Alabamastan was controlled by Democrats at the time, JFK was not at all popular because of his support for the civil rights movement. Many kids overheard their parents saying things such as "He ought to be shot!" Kids picked up on this attitude of their parents. Me and my siblings never heard that nonsense in our household. o_O

Civil rights wasn't too popular in upstate NewYorkistan but nobody in
the class (highschool junior) cheered. The teachers appeared to be more
upset than the students although a few of the students were crying.

What I remember most is that evening after the TV talking heads ran out
of bullshit they just played Dvorak's New World Symphony with stock
photos of the US on the screen. It was a definite improvement on 1963 TV
programming.

rbowman

Nov 22, 2015, 9:25:00 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 04:56 PM, Muggles wrote:
> 3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X I think this is correct syntax, but it's been a LONG
> time.

You need some remedial math... Or at least a refresher on operator
precedence.

Gordon Shumway

Nov 22, 2015, 9:28:53 PM11/22/15
<uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (??_??)
>
>[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

I had the flu and was home sick from school. I was watching TV and I'm
ashamed to admit I was watching some program with the star that had
really big shoes, a big nose, red hair and a half-moon hair line.

I just stayed on the couch for several minutes while what happened was
slowly sinking in. Like most, I wasn't sure what was going to happen
next.

rbowman

Nov 22, 2015, 9:29:24 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 03:48 PM, Paint...@unlisted.moc wrote:
> I'm no historian, so what happened?

Lee Harvey Oswald voted with a 6.5mm Carcano. Or so the story goes.

Muggles

Nov 22, 2015, 9:47:23 PM11/22/15
As far as I know the syntax is fine. It's not necessary to add more ( )
or [ ] in order to calculate X.

--
Maggie

philo

Nov 22, 2015, 10:01:19 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 03:17 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
> I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (⌣́_⌣̀)
>
> [8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Kennedy had been to my home town in a motorcade and I was hardly
surprised he got shot...

Even though I was a dumb kid all I thought was that the top to his
non-bullet proof Lincoln Continental was down (the suicide door model)
and he could get shot.

When it happened , certainly no one in school cheered, we were quite
somber and sent home.

Being a kid (9th grade I guess) walking home I felt bad about him
getting shot, but optimistic somehow as ...at least we got out of school...

Don Y

Nov 22, 2015, 10:10:41 PM11/22/15
parens define highest precedence. So, this is:

3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X
3x62-12÷3

multiplication and division are evaluated before addition/subtraction:

3x62-12÷3
186 - 4
= 182

If you, instead, treat all operators as equal precedence and
evaluate simply left to right:

3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X
3x62-12÷3
186-12÷3
174÷3

SPOILER ALERT!!!

58!

(PeteCresswell)

Nov 22, 2015, 10:11:13 PM11/22/15
I was walking between classes at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio,
Texas.

When I got to the next building, they told us classes were cancelled for
the day.
--
Pete Cresswell

Ralph Mowery

Nov 22, 2015, 11:15:02 PM11/22/15

"Don Y" <blocked...@foo.invalid> wrote in message
>> As far as I know the syntax is fine. It's not necessary to add more ( )
>> or [ ] in order to calculate X.
>
> parens define highest precedence. So, this is:
>
> 3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X
> 3x62-12÷3
>
> multiplication and division are evaluated before addition/subtraction:
>
> 3x62-12÷3
> 186 - 4
> = 182

That is what I got. As I am sure no one living at this time is that old,
then it needs to be recaculated by a method that is wrong.

Then I get 58 which is more reasonable. I get 174 /3 for 58.

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 22, 2015, 11:19:57 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 20:47:24 -0600, Muggles <its...@ing.chilly>
wrote:
I had no problem getting to 58.

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Nov 22, 2015, 11:33:41 PM11/22/15
I was home from school, sick. No TV or radio on that I remember. I do remember watching TV when Oswald was shot the next day, though.

Oren

Nov 22, 2015, 11:36:56 PM11/22/15
You guys are smart. When I get an odd number I add one and divide by
two. This new math is harder than Japanese arithmetic :-\

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 22, 2015, 11:53:07 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:18:09 -0500, Micky <NONONO...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 18:59:26 -0500, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>

>>Sitting in the student news paper office at 1736 G street. (block and
>
>GWU?

Senior at Woodward school for boys
GW is about 6-7 to the blocks north west.

>>Yeah, getting home was an adventure.
>
>I guess you couldn't take the subway.

Not for about 12 more years. ;-)
Mass transit was the bus.
That day I had to walk down to where my mother worked and get a ride
home with my folks. It took a couple of hours to get out of DC. It
didn't help that it was snowing.

The subway still would not be any help getting me to where I lived.
The reality is I have been on the DC Metro exactly once in my life and
that was after I moved to Florida. I was there as a tourist.

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 23, 2015, 12:01:12 AM11/23/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 20:33:32 -0800, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
<Snuffy-...@Livebait-McKinney.com> wrote:

>I was home from school, sick. No TV or radio on that I remember. I do remember watching TV when Oswald was shot the next day, though.

Two days later. (the 24th)

Oren

Nov 23, 2015, 12:11:11 AM11/23/15
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 00:01:01 -0500, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>>I was home from school, sick. No TV or radio on that I remember. I do remember watching TV when Oswald was shot the next day, though.
>>

>Two days later. (the 24th)

Jack Ruby died after his incarceration at the same Dallas hospital as
JFK. Give us the classified records hidden from the public before we
die. I want to know more on all the facts.

Muggles

Nov 23, 2015, 12:25:08 AM11/23/15
Well ... simple algebra can be done in the sequence it was written in,
the latter of the 2 examples.

--
Maggie

Muggles

Nov 23, 2015, 12:30:27 AM11/23/15
When I learned algebra I was taught to calculate inline by grouped ( ).

So
3(60+2)-(2x6)÷3=X
186 - 12 ÷3
174 ÷3 = 58

There are other ways to write the expression, but I wasn't going for
anything fancy.

--
Maggie

Muggles

Nov 23, 2015, 12:31:00 AM11/23/15
I was just having a little fun with the numbers. :)

--
Maggie

Paint...@unlisted.moc

Nov 23, 2015, 12:47:40 AM11/23/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 18:01:02 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
<Nob...@NotMyISP.net> wrote:

>C'mon. I didn't know either (I'm not a US citizen and wasn't here at the
>time), but I Googled "November 22 1963" and discovered that it was the
>date of JFK's assassination.
>
>Perce

Based on the year, I kind of thought that might be the answer. But
somehow I thought it was during a warmer time of year. Of course Texas
is a lot warmer than up here in the north central part of the US.

That was one of the few times I remember a TV was brought in our
classroom. Everyone was real quiet watching it. No more studies that
day.

Micky

Nov 23, 2015, 2:43:12 AM11/23/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 23:52:57 -0500, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:18:09 -0500, Micky <NONONO...@bigfoot.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 18:59:26 -0500, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>>

>>>Sitting in the student news paper office at 1736 G street. (block and
>>
>>GWU?
>>

>Senior at Woodward school for boys
>GW is about 6-7 to the blocks north west.

I sort of thought that, but couldn't think of any other school there.
I hadn't heard of Woodward. But I see it has a Facebook page.

>>>Yeah, getting home was an adventure.
>>
>>I guess you couldn't take the subway.
>
>Not for about 12 more years. ;-)
>Mass transit was the bus.
>That day I had to walk down to where my mother worked and get a ride
>home with my folks. It took a couple of hours to get out of DC. It
>didn't help that it was snowing.
>
>The subway still would not be any help getting me to where I lived.
>The reality is I have been on the DC Metro exactly once in my life and
>that was after I moved to Florida. I was there as a tourist.

LOL

On big days, they always try to get people coming from out of town,
like Baltimore, to take the subway from DC's outskirts, and I did
once. But once I went for an inauguration and I parked about 12
blocks north of the Capitol, an industrial area. The signs said 2
hours or maybe 3, but I hoped the police woudl be busy at the
inauguration. And indeed I got no ticket. There was iirc plenty of
empty space when i parked and when I left.

Then I found a street on Sunday mornings just a block south of the
mall with free parking all day, iirc. And I parked there 2 or 3
times.

Micky

Nov 23, 2015, 2:47:23 AM11/23/15
<uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (??_??)
>
>[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

I was a senior in HS and it was last period or next to last**. Someone
came in an said he and the governor were shot. I made a stupid joke.

**Or maybe they let school out early. This was Indiana but I can't
remember if we were on Eastern time or Central time.

I watched TV all weekend, nothing but news was on of course, but was
watching the wrong channel when Jack Ruby killed Oswald.

Micky

Nov 23, 2015, 2:55:08 AM11/23/15
Did they bring in more kids? I don't understand this. How many tvs
did schools have that so many people I know say that a tv was brought
in. I lived in the richest district in indiana, with 700 kids in the
senior class, 2100 in the school, and I bet we had no more than 4 tvs
on wheels and maybe one more somewhere not on wheels. Or maybe none.
What woudl a school use a tv for? There were no vcrs. They used
movie projectors sometimes

Uncle Monster

Nov 23, 2015, 2:58:21 AM11/23/15
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 5:30:00 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 13:48:46 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
> <eat...@nuts.com> wrote:
>
> >Friday, November 22, 1963 in the afternoon when we returned to the classroom from the lunchroom. Other people told me the same thing happened in their school, some of them were the ones cheering. Even though Alabamastan was controlled by Democrats at the time, JFK was not at all popular because of his support for the civil rights movement. Many kids overheard their parents saying things such as "He ought to be shot!" Kids picked up on this attitude of their parents. Me and my siblings never heard that nonsense in our household. o_O
> >
> >[8~{} Uncle Stunned Monster
>
> I forgot today was the anniversary. I lived in the deep south. I
> often heard similar comments about MLK, too. "Wish that nigger was
> dead" and other things like that. I never understood, but a relative,
> a life long democrat voted republican for the first time in his life.
>
> Luckily, I never bought into all the crap even at a young age. I think
> for myself and make my own mind up. Have all my life and still due.
>
> I'd rather be in the swamp fishin'-n-giggin frogs'. Chasin' wild
> animals and shooting guns or playing with dynamite.

Kids today have no idea that it was Republicans who pushed for equal civil rights. The Hysterically Howling Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak Trans Intellectuals who've infested the educational system of the country for decades have convinced kids that it was Democrats who were pro civil rights. Ask a kid which political party Abe Lincoln belonged to and they'll probably say he was a Democrat. How the frak have the Democrats fooled my melanin enabled cousins all these years into believing that it's the Democrats who are the Negro American's bets friend? I think it goes back to LBJ and all the welfare and giveaway programs he signed into law during his reign as POTUS. The Democrats have bought and enslaved Negro Americans who are blissfully lead around by the nose(no pun). o_O

[8~{} Uncle Fraking Monster

Uncle Monster

Nov 23, 2015, 3:09:36 AM11/23/15
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 5:59:13 PM UTC-6, wand...@att.net wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 13:17:26 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
> <bl...@me.com> wrote:
>
> >I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system, all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my siblings in their classrooms.
>
> Terrible. Where was this? In my school everyone was sad.
>
> > The teachers yelled at those horrible children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (??_??)
>
> We've been seeing the same sort of blind hate for the last 7 years.
>
> One even sees it on this ng.

Yea, I know, Hysterically Howling Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak Trans Intellectuals are so hate filled it's tragic. Those horrible nasty people wish death and destruction upon anyone they disagree with then blame it on their opponents. "Liberalism is a mental disorder." ref. Dr.Michael Savage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Savage Monster

wand...@att.net

Nov 23, 2015, 3:57:42 AM11/23/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 23:58:18 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
<uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 5:30:00 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 13:48:46 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
>> <eat...@nuts.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Friday, November 22, 1963 in the afternoon when we returned to the classroom from the lunchroom. Other people told me the same thing happened in their school, some of them were the ones cheering. Even though Alabamastan was controlled by Democrats at the time, JFK was not at all popular because of his support for the civil rights movement. Many kids overheard their parents saying things such as "He ought to be shot!" Kids picked up on this attitude of their parents. Me and my siblings never heard that nonsense in our household. o_O
>> >
>> >[8~{} Uncle Stunned Monster
>>
>> I forgot today was the anniversary. I lived in the deep south. I
>> often heard similar comments about MLK, too. "Wish that nigger was
>> dead" and other things like that. I never understood, but a relative,
>> a life long democrat voted republican for the first time in his life.
>>
>> Luckily, I never bought into all the crap even at a young age. I think
>> for myself and make my own mind up. Have all my life and still due.
>>
>> I'd rather be in the swamp fishin'-n-giggin frogs'. Chasin' wild
>> animals and shooting guns or playing with dynamite.
>
>Kids today have no idea that it was Republicans who pushed for equal civil rights.

And there's a good reason for that. Other than southern Democrats, it
was the Democrats who pushed, and the Republicans who eventually went
along. Without Roosevelt, Truman, and Johnson, there's be no
integration, no civil rights laws, and no civil right.

Starting with Fannie Lou Hamer and the Freedom Democratic Party, her
opposition and all of the southern Democrats either changed party to
Republican, or they retired and were replaced by Republicans, still
opponents of civil rights and most other things worth having.

I leave the rest of your silly post so others can be reminded of the
nonsense you spout.

Paint...@unlisted.moc

Nov 23, 2015, 4:20:47 AM11/23/15
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 02:55:03 -0500, Micky <NONONO...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>>That was one of the few times I remember a TV was brought in our
>>classroom. Everyone was real quiet watching it. No more studies that
>>day.
>
>Did they bring in more kids? I don't understand this. How many tvs
>did schools have that so many people I know say that a tv was brought
>in. I lived in the richest district in indiana, with 700 kids in the
>senior class, 2100 in the school, and I bet we had no more than 4 tvs
>on wheels and maybe one more somewhere not on wheels. Or maybe none.
>What woudl a school use a tv for? There were no vcrs. They used
>movie projectors sometimes

I was in my classroom in private catholic elementary school. Based on
when I graduated from HS, I would have been in 6th grade in 1963. I dont
remember the details or how the tv got in there, but someone brought
into the classroom. (I think it may have been the custodian). It was
turned it on, and we watched all the coverage.while the teacher (a nun)
occasionally commented on this terrible thing, and we said some prayers.

One thing I do recall, is that the teacher had to keep adjusting the
rabbit ears on the portable tv because the signal was not real good.

No other kids came in, but I recall the principal, the priest, and a few
other teachers came in for awhile. I'm sure they had some tv sets in the
school or attached church building. My guess is that they only brought
the tvs into the classrooms of the older students, but I really dont
know.

VCRs were not even invented at that time, the TVs were still black and
white. But we did use movie projectors occasionally as part of some
studies.

The church had a lot of activities for adults, like sewing and things
for the ladies, cooking events, bingo, choir practice, other religion
things, and more. For the kids, there was basketball and other indoor
sports, boy/girl scouts, bible study, band, and some special events. The
rooms in the basement were where most of these things took place. I
remember there was a big console tv down there, as well as a console
type record player (maybe a stereo).

Its hard to remember all the details, but I do recall the day when
Kennedy was killed. I just did not recall the date.

I also recall the Sept 11 trajedy but that I remember a lot more
clearly, because it was not as long ago...

I think we all remember days when significant things happen in the
world, as well as personal trajedies such as deaths in the family, and
those days are permanently etched in our minds.

FromTheRafters

Nov 23, 2015, 6:39:39 AM11/23/15
Muggles laid this down on his screen :
Rule 1: First perform any calculations inside parentheses.
Rule 2: Next perform all multiplications and divisions, working from
left to right.
Rule 3: Lastly, perform all additions and subtractions, working from
left to right.

http://www.mathgoodies.com/lessons/vol7/order_operations.html

Stormin Mormon

Nov 23, 2015, 7:24:57 AM11/23/15
On 11/22/2015 4:17 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
> I was in class and when the announcement came over
the intercom system, all the kids except me were on
their feet and cheering. The only people in their
seats were me and the teacher. The same thing
happened to my siblings in their classrooms. The
teachers yelled at those horrible children and
ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids
for years until I realized that as children, they
were simply parroting and reacting the way their
parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents
think they do when they hear the conversations
between adults. (⌣́_⌣̀)

> [8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

I was on sniper patrol, but sadly was on the
wrong roof to do any good.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

trader_4

Nov 23, 2015, 7:53:50 AM11/23/15
On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 3:57:42 AM UTC-5, wand...@att.net wrote:

> >Kids today have no idea that it was Republicans who pushed for equal civil rights.
>
> And there's a good reason for that. Other than southern Democrats, it
> was the Democrats who pushed, and the Republicans who eventually went
> along. Without Roosevelt, Truman, and Johnson, there's be no
> integration, no civil rights laws, and no civil right.

Let's look at the signature piece of legislation, the Civil Rights Act
of 1964. Vote in the House:

Yes-No
Democratic Party: 152-96 (61-39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80-20%)

Cloture in the Senate: (to end the Democrat filibuster and vote on it)
Democratic Party: 44-23 (66-34%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82-18%)

The Senate version:
Democratic Party: 46-21 (69-31%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82-18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:
Democratic Party: 153-91 (63-37%)
Republican Party: 136-35 (80-20%)

"When the bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964, the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage.[14] Said Russell: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Saying it was just some southern Democrats that were opposed to it
is like saying "Mrs Lincoln, other than your husband being shot, how
did you like the play?" And claiming that Republicans were against
it, were not essential to getting it passed is an outright lie, as
the vote totals above clearly show. Over 80% of the GOP voted for
passage, every time in both the House and Senate. Just the facts.

And Uncle is right. You lying libs continue to try to re-write
history. You come in here painting Repbulicans as being against
it, while 80%+ voted FOR it. Why aren't you here telling us about
former KKK member Robert Byrd, Richard Russel, Strom Thurmond and the
rest of those racist Democrats? Oh, I know, they came from the south,
so they don't count. Of course if they were GOP then they would
represent the whole freaking Republican party. Typical double standard.

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 23, 2015, 9:23:25 AM11/23/15
I also got a kick how they try to give FDR and Truman credit for civil
rights legislation.
CiC FDR had a totally segregated military throughout WWII and never
even made an attempt to change the racist policies of the US
government. Truman always referred to blacks as "niggers". Harry was
a political hack from a Jim Crow state and was dragged kicking and
screaming into a few symbolic integration gestures.
It was the Eisenhower administration that desegregated the schools and
actually sent the 101st airborne in to enforce Brown v. Board of
Education in Arkansas because the democratic governor Orval Faubus
refused to,.

trader_4

Nov 23, 2015, 9:38:32 AM11/23/15
How about FDRs civil rights record with regard to Japanese Americans?
He rounded them up and locked them up in camps.

rbowman

Nov 23, 2015, 9:47:02 AM11/23/15
On 11/23/2015 07:23 AM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> It was the Eisenhower administration that desegregated the schools and
> actually sent the 101st airborne in to enforce Brown v. Board of
> Education in Arkansas because the democratic governor Orval Faubus
> refused to,.

It would be more accurate to say it was Earl Warren. In his later years
Eisenhower said that was his biggest mistake as president. Warren's
appointment was a political payback and he was supposed to be a safe,
uncontroversial justice. Instead, he appears to have had an attack of
conscience for his role in interning the Japanese population of California.

Stormin Mormon

Nov 23, 2015, 10:10:40 AM11/23/15
On 11/23/2015 9:38 AM, trader_4 wrote:

> How about FDRs civil rights record with regard to Japanese Americans?
> He rounded them up and locked them up in camps.

Time for a Hillary! quote: But what difference,
after all, does it make, now?

Hey, does that mean that FDR and Nazis have
in common?

Roger Blake

Nov 23, 2015, 10:34:13 AM11/23/15
On 2015-11-22, Terry Coombs <snag...@msn.com> wrote:
> This date in 1963 , the day JFK was assassinated ...

Oh, I thought this thread would be about the day that Doctor Who premiered.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com

Roger Blake

Nov 23, 2015, 10:46:37 AM11/23/15
On 2015-11-23, wand...@att.net <wand...@att.net> wrote:
> Starting with Fannie Lou Hamer and the Freedom Democratic Party, her
> opposition and all of the southern Democrats either changed party to
> Republican, or they retired and were replaced by Republicans, still
> opponents of civil rights and most other things worth having.

Name three influential Southern Democrats who switched parties.
It is of course is one of the common Democrat lies, trivially
debunked since records do exist. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3LqPedoxSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EXNp3HddMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RBFOTdY1yY

Other Democrat whoppers, used to sell various "progressive" programs:

* The income tax will never affect working people.

* The Federal Reserve will make recessions and depressions impossible.

* The Social Security number will never be used as a national identifier.

* If you like your health care plan and your doctor you can keep them.

All politicians lie of course, but Democrats have raised lying to the
status of a high art worthy of Orwell's Newspeak. (The Republicans try,
of course, but cannot match the masters.)

Ralph Mowery

Nov 23, 2015, 11:06:03 AM11/23/15

"Oren" <Or...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 13:17:26 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
> <uncl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I was in class and when the announcement came over the intercom system,
>>all the kids except me were on their feet and cheering. The only people in
>>their seats were me and the teacher. The same thing happened to my
>>siblings in their classrooms. The teachers yelled at those horrible
>>children and ordered them to sit down. I hated those nasty kids for years
>>until I realized that as children, they were simply parroting and reacting
>>the way their parents would. Kids pick up more than their parents think
>>they do when they hear the conversations between adults. (??_??)
>>
>>[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster
>
> What month and day? Nobody in my class stood and cheered.

I was in the 7 th grade english class when that was announced over the
intercom sysem. No one cheered.

While I do not wish it to hapen to the president of the US now, I would
stand and cheer if it did, the same as if something had hapened to president
Carter.
Could almost say the same about Bush # 2

About the only other event in history I remember where I was at was when I
first heard about the planes hitting the buildings on 9/11. I was at work
and one of the fellow workers said something about it and I thought he was
starting to tell a joke.

Micky

Nov 23, 2015, 11:07:15 AM11/23/15
Some of these activities could benefit from a TV, mabye to watch a
live sports event. A public school wouldn't do all these things, but
otoh, there were clubs that met after school that might do some of
them. OT3H, it's hard to imagine buying TVs just for the clubs. OT4H
I do think I remember one large aluminum table on wheels that was
about 5' high with a TV on top, and maybe there was more than one, and
I think I remember it being rolled into one of the classrooms (not the
day Pres. Kennedy was shot), but OT5H I can't imagine what a TV would
be used for, the less than one time a year something newsworthy and
worth interrupting class for? To watch a soap opera. That time I
remember it being rolled in, I can't remember what we watched, or even
what sort of thing we watched.

One would be useful now, to watch something pre-recorded on a VCR or
DVD that the school wanted us to watch, but just to wait around for
something live. I wonder why they would have a TV

IIRC, there were in the 60's lots of jokes about being in the AV club,
but that would be someone who knew how to thread the movie projector.
Even when it the manufacturer made it easy, it still had about 6
steps, and before that, well I never saw an older projector but I'm
sure it was more complicated, so they needed some kid to do that.

In Indiana, we certainly didn't watch tv that day. It was the end of
the day or we went home early. It wasn't that easy to go home early
because the township is iirc 9 x 9 miles, minus the part that is part
of Indianapolis, with no public transportation, so they depend on
school buses. They had a shuttle system that took HS students to
the two JHS's (one JHS was next door) and took JHS students to the HS,
and together they had 3 hubs from which local buses were dispatched.

Most of the bus drivers had other jobs, so each had to be contacted
and able to come back to work early. I think our bus driver, Mr.
Moss, was a farmer, so he made his own schedule, but still there must
have been things that were hard to stop in the middle of.

During the shuttle portion, Mr. Moss used to drag race with another
bus down Meridian St. the main N-S street in Indianapolis, wide
everywhere, and very wide in the north suburbs. He also used to zoom
down Ditch Road** which was bordered by 30"H, 5" diameter posts,
painted black with white tops (or the other way around) and one time
he veered to the right and broke the window at the bottom of the
folding door with a post. I didn't look at the time, but he must have
done a bit of other damage too to break the window. Anyhow, I don't
think any of the kids had ever "ratted" on him for drag racing, but he
probably had a hard time explaining how he broke the window, and I
don't think he ever sped after that.

**Ditch Road was named after the big ditch next to it. Every house
had a little ditch in front of it, instead of a rain sewer. Driveways
had a 12" culvert in place of the ditch, and some yards like ours had
a culvert for their whole length. How the rain water was supposed to
get in the culvert I don't know, since if every yard had a culvert,
there would be no ditch.

I never identified the pattern to all the ditches, but I figured they
were all tributaries of the big ditch along Ditch Roach, where the
ditch was 4 feet wide, or more?, and I guess must have been 4 feet
deep, although I dont' remembe it being so deep.

Looking now, I see Ditch Road is as close as 2000 feet from Alverna
Creek, which runs all over the area I lived, though I had never heard
of it before. I wonder if they connected the ditch to the creek.
Unfortunately google maps is not that good for folling drainage
ditches.

But the map reminds me of one more interesting thing. Indianapolis
water comes from two big (though probably shallow) reservoirs north of
town. One has sail boating, and one has motor boating, and then we
drink the water!!!!

>Its hard to remember all the details, but I do recall the day when
>Kennedy was killed. I just did not recall the date.

You are forgiven.

bob_villain

Nov 23, 2015, 11:32:49 AM11/23/15
On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 10:06:03 AM UTC-6, Ralph Mowery wrote:

> While I do not wish it to happen to the president of the US now, I would
> stand and cheer if it did, the same as if something had happened to president
> Carter.
> Could almost say the same about Bush # 2

...you have reached a new low, but you're not picking sides! (✖╭╮✖)

Uncle Monster

Nov 23, 2015, 12:16:17 PM11/23/15
How typical of a Hysterically Howling Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak Trans Intellectual. One of the worst things to ever happen to the United States was the combined "The War On Poverty" and "The Great Society" pushed by your hero LBJ. The government programs destroyed once wonderful Negro American families, sent them even deeper into poverty and made them more reliant on the government. It was the way The Democrat Party bought and re-enslaved Negro Americans. Democrats share a tactic in common with Marxists and Communists, "The end justifies the means." which is doing whatever they can no matter how illegal and no matter how many and big the lies to push their agenda. Democrats are experts at voter fraud because cheating is allowed by their religion. The Democrats must be on a mission from God because so many dead Democrats vote. ^_^

21 trillion dollars wasted on the Democrat's War On Poverty and the poor aren't much better off than when it started. Hell, if that money had been invested and handled properly, every citizen in the country would be at least a millionaire. Every social program Democrats ever promote always turns into a complete cluster coitus. Obama Care will be remembered for centuries as one of the best examples of the destruction of services and industry by severe government meddling with a system that needed to be fixed instead of torn apart. The lies told by those promoting the fiasco are epic and will become part of our lexicon used to describe despicable behavior. Of course it all depends on whether or not our country survives the destruction wrought by the Democrats and their Messiah. O_o

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/222428/war-poverty-21-trillion-later-matthew-vadum

"As a matter of fact, it was Democrat President Lyndon Baines Johnson who stated, "I'll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years" as he confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One regarding his underlying intentions for the "Great Society" programs."

Quoted from:(http://clashdaily.com/2014/03/allen-west-lbj-ill-nggers-voting-democratic-next-200-years/)

OMG! You should read what an absolute racist writes about Negro Americans and their relationship with the government. o_O

http://www.allenbwest.com/book-guardian-of-the-republic/

Here's proof that all White Southerners are horrible racist who have a Black man hanging from every other tree. o_O

http://www.allenbwest.com/2015/06/wow-look-what-happens-when-you-put-a-bunch-of-black-and-white-people-in-a-room-in-the-deep-south/

The most amusing part of the whole thing is that Moonbat Liberal Leftists keep lying to themselves and they know it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster

wand...@att.net

Nov 23, 2015, 12:22:25 PM11/23/15
>Yea, I know, Hysterically Howling Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak Trans Intellectuals are so hate filled it's tragic. Those horrible nasty people wish death and destruction upon anyone they disagree with then blame it on their opponents. "Liberalism is a mental disorder." ref. Dr.Michael Savage. Ż\_(?)_/Ż

I meant the nutcase racists and other haters who afaict are never
Democrats. Are always Republicans or conservatives.

Who say things in crude, vulgar, or stupid ways that makes me ashamed
to share the same country with them.

And you're one of them sometimes. I try to make excuses for you
because you're sick and in pain, but that only goes so far.

>[8~{} Uncle Savage Monster

bob_villain

Nov 23, 2015, 12:33:40 PM11/23/15
On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 11:16:17 AM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:

Quit picking on this guy! He hardly ever posts and deserves an opinion. (even if somewhat misguided) Here's to the over-bearing "Trans-Mutated Anal-Sucking Retard Republicunt Slimebags here! (╹◡╹)凸

Eagle

Nov 23, 2015, 12:46:30 PM11/23/15
Oren expressed precisely :
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:15:59 -0500, Micky <NONONO...@bigfoot.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So you were 6 years old. Why weren't you in school?
>
> Sick day? I went to school or got a big spoon of Castor oil for a
> motivator :)

No swat from the principal?

Uncle Monster

Nov 23, 2015, 1:10:04 PM11/23/15
On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 10:06:03 AM UTC-6, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I hope you'd cheer only if he went to jail and not if someone sent him to visit Allah. I'd try to roll my wheelchair in front of an assassin if they were going for Obama because the last thing our country needs is another deified Negro martyr with every fraking thing in the country named after him. I might get a line on page 10 if I stopped a bullet for him but I'm nobody important. The fraking Moonbat Democrat Liberal Leftists would be insufferable if our Affirmative Action President were to be assassinated. I want him to die of old age, preferably in prison for ignoring The Constitution and violating numerous laws. I'm very disgusted with Republicans because they're so afraid to be called racist if they impeach him for the crimes he's committed. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Angry Monster

Oren

Nov 23, 2015, 1:22:47 PM11/23/15
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:21:44 -0500, wand...@att.net wrote:

>I meant the nutcase racists and other haters who afaict are never
>Democrats. Are always Republicans or conservatives.

Stop lying. It shows just how ignorant you really are.

trader_4

Nov 23, 2015, 1:27:14 PM11/23/15
The first problem in the above is that the libs new definition of "racist"
is bogus. For example, to the libs today, anyone that wants to secure
the Mexican border, enforce immigration law, stop sanctuary cities, deport
illegal aliens, is a racist. Add in anyone that doesn't think the solution
to the crisis in Syria is the US taking in a flood of refugees, they're all
racists too. The second problem is that the libs conveniently
ignore true racists that have nothing to do with the GOP that are spewing
pure hate, eg Farrakhan and his followers. Or the Black Lies Matter folks
that are running around chanting for the deaths of police. As to saying
things in crude, vulgar ways, just take a look at the inner cities, black
rappers, etc. Are they GOP now too?

If you want a new angle on racism, maybe it's time to look at cities like
Detroit and Chicago, run by white Democrats, that are allowing murders
to go unchecked in black neighborhoods. What do you think would happen if
those murders were happening in the white middle class neighborhoods?

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 23, 2015, 1:37:36 PM11/23/15
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 07:48:34 -0700, rbowman <bow...@montana.com>
wrote:
Earl Warren was not the one who actually ordered the 101st airborne
into Little Rock.
It would have been just as easy as taking Andrew Jackson's stand and
just said "Let Earl Warren enforce it"

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 23, 2015, 1:42:01 PM11/23/15
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 10:10:33 -0500, Stormin Mormon
<cayo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 11/23/2015 9:38 AM, trader_4 wrote:
>>
>> How about FDRs civil rights record with regard to Japanese Americans?
>> He rounded them up and locked them up in camps.
>>

>Time for a Hillary! quote: But what difference,
>after all, does it make, now?
>
>Hey, does that mean that FDR and Nazis have
>in common?

Far more than people like to admit.
Both had no problem with concentration camps and both were anti
semitic. (check out SS St Louis)

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 23, 2015, 1:51:04 PM11/23/15
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 11:10:50 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
<rmower...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I was in the 7 th grade english class when that was announced over the
>intercom sysem. No one cheered.
>
>While I do not wish it to hapen to the president of the US now, I would
>stand and cheer if it did, the same as if something had hapened to president
>Carter.
>Could almost say the same about Bush # 2
>
>About the only other event in history I remember where I was at was when I
>first heard about the planes hitting the buildings on 9/11. I was at work
>and one of the fellow workers said something about it and I thought he was
>starting to tell a joke.

Not the moon landing?

Paint...@unlisted.moc

Nov 23, 2015, 1:53:40 PM11/23/15
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:33:29 -0800 (PST), bob_villain
<pheeh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Anal-Sucking Retard Republicunt Slimebags here! (???)?

Do we REALLY need this crap on alt.home.repair?

How about taking this to another (appropriate) newsgroup....

Muggles

Nov 23, 2015, 2:12:03 PM11/23/15
On 11/23/2015 12:26 PM, trader_4 wrote:

> The first problem in the above is that the libs new definition of "racist"
> is bogus. For example, to the libs today, anyone that wants to secure
> the Mexican border, enforce immigration law, stop sanctuary cities, deport
> illegal aliens, is a racist.

I am for securing the Mexican border, enforcing immigration law,
stopping sanctuary cities, and deporting illegal aliens. {So far I'm
officially not a liberal.}

> Add in anyone that doesn't think the solution
> to the crisis in Syria is the US taking in a flood of refugees, they're all
> racists too.

Check again. I don't think we should take in a flood of Syrian refugees.

I don't think it would be a bad move if we sent aid in the form of food,
shelter, and clothing to assist the refugees where they're at, though.
If it were me and my family fleeing war, I'd be appreciative of that
kind of help.

--
Maggie

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 23, 2015, 2:27:09 PM11/23/15
You are right. I apologize for rising to the bait

Sam E

Nov 23, 2015, 3:05:25 PM11/23/15
On 11/22/2015 04:48 PM, Paint...@unlisted.moc wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:31:00 -0600, Muggles <its...@ing.chilly> wrote:
>
>> I was probably in my bedroom playing with my barbie dolls since I wasn't
>> old enough to go to school, yet.
>>
>> --
>> Maggie
>
> Ok, we have this OT thread, and so far no one has mentioned WHAT
> HAPPENED on this date ?????
>
> I'm no historian, so what happened?

The first episode of "Doctor Who", called "An Unearthly Child". The
doctor's granddaughter explains what TARDIS stands for.

Mark Lloyd

Nov 23, 2015, 3:17:24 PM11/23/15

[snip]

> Rule 1: First perform any calculations inside parentheses.
> Rule 2: Next perform all multiplications and divisions, working
> from left to right.
> Rule 3: Lastly, perform all additions and subtractions, working
> from left to right.

Rule 1.5: Next, perform all exponentiations, working right to left.

4^3^2 = 4^9 = 262144

--
32 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"John Wesley said that if you give up the witchcraft, you must give up
the Bible. He is right. The choice is easy for me." [Rupert Hughes]

Uncle Monster

Nov 23, 2015, 3:19:19 PM11/23/15
Oh, so I'm now a nutcase racist hater. I'll bet you can't define the word "racist". Moonbat Liberal Leftists call everyone they don't agree with a "racist" because they've heard other people use it as a curse word, know it's a bad word but haven't the slightest idea what the word means. Reminds me of children who hear grownups use foul language so they repeat it to test their limits but have no idea what the words mean. I really like how my Moonbat Liberal Leftist friends amuse me. I do get a good laugh at their bizarre view of the world. ヽ(•‿•)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Laughing Monster

Uncle Monster

Nov 23, 2015, 3:26:21 PM11/23/15
On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 11:33:40 AM UTC-6, bob_villain wrote:
> On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 11:16:17 AM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:
>
> Quit picking on this guy! He hardly ever posts and deserves an opinion. (even if somewhat misguided) Here's to the over-bearing "Trans-Mutated Anal-Sucking Retard Republicunt Slimebags here! (╹◡╹)凸

Everyone has freedom of speech, something those of a Conservative bent always promote. It's the Moonbat Liberal Leftists who support free speech as long as it's only for THEIR speech. ヽ(•‿•)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Speech Monster

Ralph Mowery

Nov 23, 2015, 3:28:30 PM11/23/15

<gfre...@aol.com> wrote in message
>>About the only other event in history I remember where I was at was when I
>>first heard about the planes hitting the buildings on 9/11. I was at work
>>and one of the fellow workers said something about it and I thought he was
>>starting to tell a joke.
>>

> Not the moon landing?

No, at that time I was more into chasing girls instead of what was going on
in the world.

As the joke goes, into hunting and girls. What was I hunting ? Girls !!!

Stormin Mormon

Nov 23, 2015, 3:32:29 PM11/23/15
On 11/23/2015 11:10 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> About the only other event in history I remember where I was at was when I
> first heard about the planes hitting the buildings on 9/11. I was at work
> and one of the fellow workers said something about it and I thought he was
> starting to tell a joke.

My first two thoughts of 9/11
1) What freedoms will we lose?
2) This is historic day, stuff a
tape in the VCR and press record,
immediately.

Ralph Mowery

Nov 23, 2015, 3:32:50 PM11/23/15

"Sam E" <why.sho...@be.email.invalid> wrote in message

> The first episode of "Doctor Who", called "An Unearthly Child". The
> doctor's granddaughter explains what TARDIS stands for.

I remember seeing a rerun of DR. Who in the mid to late 60's. As he had a
granddaughter he must have had a wife. Don't recall the very eairly ones
very much but later I never heard of his wife being mentioned. Then a few
years ago she was.

Uncle Monster

Nov 23, 2015, 3:35:38 PM11/23/15
OMG! Are you OK?! Should we call the police to assist you? If I could, I'd come right over and rescue you from those dastardly villains who are forcing you to read this thread! We'll send for help right away! ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

[8~{} Uncle Concerned Monster

bob_villain

Nov 23, 2015, 4:47:29 PM11/23/15
...not a problem, I'm constantly harassed by Uncle M. Bater...the Master of All!

Tekkie®

Nov 23, 2015, 4:52:23 PM11/23/15
Paint...@unlisted.moc posted for all of us...
+1 I don't care what side you're on. I don't want to read hundreds of non
group related postings.

--
Tekkie
It is loading more messages.