Massive Arctic Ice Gain Over The Past Five Years

BurfordTJustice

Sep 19, 2017, 5:22:12 AM9/19/17

Ned Latham

Sep 19, 2017, 9:47:04 AM9/19/17
BurfordTJustice wrote in <opqnk0$o8k$1...@dont-email.me>:

> Massive Arctic Ice Gain Over The Past Five Years
>
> https://realclimatescience.com/2017/09/
> 40-sea-ice-ice-gain-over-the-past-five-years/

https://tinyurl.com/ycn6e8np

I'd be careful if I were you. The leftards will want your blood for
that.

Uncle Monster

Sep 19, 2017, 10:00:46 AM9/19/17
The climate is falling! The climate is falling! It hit me on the head! Howled
Climate Little, the Climate Chaos Chicken. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ice Monster

trader_4

Sep 19, 2017, 1:53:34 PM9/19/17
No, it's just junk science, which you trumpet science deniers fall for.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/Has-Arctic-sea-ice-recovered.htm

Discussions about the amount of sea ice in the Arctic often confuse two very different measures of how much ice there is. One measure is sea-ice extent which, as the name implies, is a measure of coverage of the ocean where ice covers 15% or more of the surface. It is a two-dimensional measurement; extent does not tell us how thick the ice is. The other measure of Arctic ice, using all three dimensions, is volume, the measure of how much ice there really is.

When we consider the multi-year ice and look at the various measurements of it, we see a steep decline in this thick ice. As you might imagine, thick ice takes a lot more heat to melt, so the fact that it is disappearing so fast is of great concern.

It is clear from the various data sets, terrestrial and satellite, that both the sea ice extent and multi-year ice volume are reducing. Sea ice extent recovered slightly during the Arctic winters of 2008-09, but the full extent of annual ice reduction or gain is seen in September of each year, at the end of the Arctic summer. The volume of multi-year ice has not recovered at all, and is showing a steeply negative trend."

I know that conflicts with your "beliefs", so you won't read it and
will claim that it's too much to read a few paragraphs. Sorry, but
that's how science, the real kind, works. But here's something that
maybe you can understand. If ice is increasing in the Arctic, how
is it that a tanker ship just went through there for the first time
in history without ice breakers to clear the way? Does that simplify
it enough?

Uncle Monster

Sep 19, 2017, 2:13:19 PM9/19/17
You HITLERyettes and Obamanaughts are so arrogant and incredibly stupid that you believe you can control the climate of Planet Earth. The Earth has climate cycles that are longer than the lifespan of empires and you intelligent descendants of apes have no effect on it at all. The Climate Scam has nothing to do with saving the planet, it's all about the transfer of wealth. You monkeys are too dumb to comprehend it. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Climate Monster

ZZyXX

Sep 19, 2017, 2:38:27 PM9/19/17
failure to answer the question noted...typical trumptard methodology

trader_4

Sep 19, 2017, 11:10:22 PM9/19/17
+1

And the best part is that just the other day Uncle asked us for the
definition of a science denier.

Uncle Monster

Sep 19, 2017, 11:26:14 PM9/19/17
> -1000
>
> And the best part is that just the other day Uncle asked us for the
> definition of a science denier.

I didn't ask you Traitor_4ever, I asked the fake general. It's another characteristic of you Obamanaughts and HITLERyettes, you've no idea who you're in a conversation with. You should let "Lurch The Liberal" field his own questions. Take your meds as directed, you'll function a lot better. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster

Archer

Sep 20, 2017, 8:14:02 AM9/20/17
On: 9/19/2017, Uncle Monster wrote :

> I didn't ask you Traitor_4ever, I asked the fake general. It's another
> characteristic of you Obamanaughts and HITLERyettes, you've no idea who
> you're in a conversation with. You should let "Lurch The Liberal" field his
> own questions. Take your meds as directed, you'll function a lot better.

Uncle, the human colostomy bag, doesn't even understand how Usenet
works. Any question or comment is fair game for anyone else. If you
don't like it, leave.

ZZyXX

Sep 20, 2017, 1:43:59 PM9/20/17
and there he go with the name calling

Stormin' Norman

Sep 20, 2017, 1:53:52 PM9/20/17
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:43:53 -0700, ZZyXX
<zz...@CampSoda-Restoration-Project.null> wrote:

>> I didn't ask you Traitor_4ever, I asked the fake general. It's
>> another characteristic of you Obamanaughts and HITLERyettes, you've
>> no idea who you're in a conversation with. You should let "Lurch The
>> Liberal" field his own questions. Take your meds as directed, you'll
>> function a lot better. ?(?)?
>>
>and there he go with the name calling

Yeah, those names simply devastate me, not sure if I can live to face
another day...... ;-)

--

The problem is Donald Trump. The solution is impeachment or, the otherwise legal
removal, from office, of the greatest threat to peace the world has ever known.

Sep 20, 2017, 4:01:56 PM9/20/17
On 09/19/2017 02:22 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
> Massive Arctic Ice Gain Over The Past Five Years
>
> https://realclimatescience.com/2017/09/40-sea-ice-ice-gain-over-the-past-five-years/

It is a cyclic thing. I do believe it is a 35 year cycle or
some such. And the current retreat is not the worst recorded.

And it is about time for the caps to come back. Polar
bears are starting to become a nuisance!

https://polarbearscience.com/2013/07/15/global-population-of-polar-bears-has-increased-by-2650-5700-since-2001/

It is

trader_4

Sep 20, 2017, 6:16:57 PM9/20/17
On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 4:01:56 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
> On 09/19/2017 02:22 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
> > Massive Arctic Ice Gain Over The Past Five Years
> >
> > https://realclimatescience.com/2017/09/40-sea-ice-ice-gain-over-the-past-five-years/
> >

> It is a cyclic thing. I do believe it is a 35 year cycle or
> some such.

Is that one of those scientific terms you trumpets use, "some such"?

> And the current retreat is not the worst recorded.

I asked Uncle to answer the simple question as to why, if that's the
case, did the first cargo ship in history just cross the Arctic without
ice breakers? Why didn't that happen in 1982? 1947? 1912? And it
wasn't for lack of trying, attempts were made, they got stuck in ice.

> And it is about time for the caps to come back. Polar
> bears are starting to become a nuisance!

As expected, pure BS. Your own source doesn't say what you claim:

2001 PBSG report 21,500-25,000

2005 PBSG report 20,000-25,000

2009 PBSG report 20,000-25,000

2013 PBSG website 20,000-25,000

2015 IUCN Red List 22,000-31,000 [see latest update note]

You'd have to be a real junk scientist to try to extract the conclusion
that polar bears have made a comeback and are becoming a nuisance.
Your own source, if you bothered to read it, says that the above numbers
are inherently unreliable. But then you didn't read it, did you?
No, you found it on some Trumptard website, it conformed to your own
beliefs, so, it's got to be true, pass it on!

But it's not unexpected, coming from the Cult of Trump.
BTW, all those other 16 GOP candidates were no good bums, RINOS the
whole lot of them, because they could not be trusted on deficits and
the national debt. No, Trump the shyster was the chosen golden boy
that you had to have. Trump just agreed with Pelosi and Schumer to:

A - Raise the debt for another 3 months, no concessions at all

B - Trump said he's do the same any time

C - Trump agreed with them that the goal is to make future debt
ceiling increases automatic.

What's up with that? That's worse than any RINO I ever heard of!

DACA? Trump agreed to legalization with Schumer and Pelosi,
he didn't even try to get his wall in return. Is that the Art
of the Deal? Seems more like the Art of Screwing You Trumpets.

What's up with that?

ROFL. Trump is proving to be exactly what I told you he was.
And you're here talking about polar bears? Oh, according to
multiple people who heard it, the US rep is now saying that
the US may not back out of the Paris climate accords. Put
that in your polar bear bone pipe and smoke on it a bit!

I know I won't receive a reply because like most Trumpets you're
incapable of engaging with the simple facts.

Uncle Monster

Sep 20, 2017, 6:26:37 PM9/20/17
"Trumpogenic Climate Change" - The theory that the climate is changing and it all Trump's fault. ヽ(•‿•)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Faultless Monster