Why I Like Zzounds

Jim Carr

Jul 1, 2007, 5:05:07 PM7/1/07
I have found www.Zzounds.com to be the very best online source for musical
gear. Besides good prices, they have great customer service:

1) I got a Hartke 2.5XL cabinet that had a damn sticker on the grill that
took me a half hour to clean off. Hartke put it there, but I contacted
Zzounds to ask them to pass the complaint on to Hartke. Zzounds apologized
via e-mail and obviously forwarded the complaint because a few days later I
got an e-mail from Hartke also apologizing. They sent me a tee shirt and
some strings for my trouble.

2) I bought an Ashdown preamp from "B" stock. It arrived defective. Shit
happens, especially with "B" stock (used). I e-mailed Zzounds that night.
The next morning I had an e-mail telling me a replacement was already on the
way along with a shipping label to return the defective one. As long as they
got the defective one in a reasonable period of time, they wouldn't charge
my card. Sounds like a good way to do it if you ask me.

3) I ordered some stuff when the website said, "Will ship tomorrow". They
lied. It shipped that day even though it was after their normal cutoff time.

All three are examples of going above and beyond typical customer service.
Now, if they would only take my GC gift card!

ptooner

Jul 1, 2007, 9:38:51 PM7/1/07
You might also take a look at Samedaymusic.com
Gerry

"Jim Carr" <newsg...@azwebpages.com> wrote in message

Justice

Jul 1, 2007, 10:34:58 PM7/1/07
On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 21:38:51 -0400, "ptooner" <som...@onthe.net>
wrote:

>You might also take a look at Samedaymusic.com
>Gerry
>
>"Jim Carr" <newsg...@azwebpages.com> wrote in message

well, yeah since Samedaymusic and Zzounds are the same company. :)

Music123 and WoodWind/BrassWind are the same as well (also both owned
by MF/GC)

I have heard that American Musical was realted to some of the other
online retailers as well, but I cannot find evidence.

Frederic Gelinas

Jul 5, 2007, 2:05:44 PM7/5/07
Jim Carr wrote:

> I have found www.Zzounds.com to be the very best online source for
> musical gear.

They don't ship to Canada. Too bad. I'll stick to eBay and my local
music store.

--
Frederic Gelinas

Les Cargill

Jul 6, 2007, 4:47:58 PM7/6/07
Frederic Gelinas wrote:

> Jim Carr wrote:
>

>>I have found www.Zzounds.com to be the very best online source for
>>musical gear.
>

> They don't ship to Canada. Too bad.

That is not necessarily their fault. Every take anything thru
Canuckistani Customs? Try to ship something thru Canadian Customs?

I once ended up *lost* in the Montreal Airport* with electronics
I was carrying through. My employer had to dispatch
an attorney to verify receipt of the electronics by
affidavit to prove I did not smuggle it in ( it was
property of the company through an aquisition in the States ).

*$DEITY only knows how - the maze had a hole in it.

It is not pretty.

> I'll stick to eBay and my local
> music store.

Shoot, lots of MI gear made in Canada these days. Good
stuff, usually.

--
Les Cargill