Replacement Speaker for Peavey Special 130 - Suggestions?

SteveJ

Jan 8, 2008, 8:28:07 AM1/8/08
My Peavey Special 130 (solid state 80's amp 130W RMS) needs a new
speaker, would a EMINENCE TONKER-8 be a good choice? Any other
suggestions?
http://www.eminence.com/pdf/tonker.pdf

Steve

Lost in the Wasteland

Jan 8, 2008, 2:40:15 PM1/8/08

Round comes to mind with the current data I have.

boardjunkie

Jan 8, 2008, 10:58:55 PM1/8/08

I would stick with the "scorpion" (Peavey) speaker that was in there
if you liked the sound of the amp. If not....the sky's the limit son.
The Scorpion speakers seem to be voiced to tame the harsh harmonics
created by SS amps. YMMV.....

Al Floer

Jan 12, 2008, 10:36:12 PM1/12/08
I have a BAndit with the Scorpion speaker. Are these the better speaker
used in these amps. I'm looking at gettig rid of it casue I can't seem to
get the ride sound out it. I just bought an older Crate Tv6210 Tube amp and
it is sweet. Thanks for any insight.

Al
"boardjunkie" <board...@techie.com> wrote in message