Can I uninstall Image Ready without uninstalling PS6?

James Loudon

May 5, 2001, 9:03:47 AM5/5/01
Having tried both, I love PS6 but won't ever use Image Ready. I am used to
Fireworks, and it does everything I need. Plus it loads about 3 times
faster. Can I remove IR without PS?

--
James Loudon - Bath - UK
www.fatgraphics.com

WIZARD

May 5, 2001, 8:53:48 PM5/5/01
Interesting question. Image Ready used to be a seperate application
but Adobe's research found that about 90% of the Image Ready owners
also had Photoshop so starting with Version 5.0 they rolled the two
into one application. I checked everyway I could to uninstall Image
Ready and can see no way ... not through an uninstall routine in
Explorer, not through the Control Panel. ImageReady does have it's
own .exe file and you may try uninstalling that using Norton, but
sounds risky to me. Norton normally starts with the .exe file and
uninstalls everything associated with that particular file. Problem
is ... how much does ImageReady and PhotoShop share. Norton does
backup everything it uninstalls and ... although I have never had to
do it ... you are supposed to recover from your mistakes. If you have
the guts to try this and succeed or fail, a post back to this group
with your experience would be interesting. By the way, the "Norton" I
am talking about is "Norton SystemWorks 2001". Cheers ....

PhotoMan®

May 6, 2001, 12:11:19 AM5/6/01
IIRC, there was an option when installing PS 6 to bypass the installation of
IR. What about uninstalling PS, and reinstalling w/o IR ?

: