Larry Fortensky seriously injured

J&T Egan

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99
PUSSSYKATT wrote:

> UPI
>
> Actress Elizabeth Taylor says her prayers are with her seventh ex- husband,
> Larry Fortensky. Fortensky is hospitalized in critical condition after falling
> from a second-floor balcony at his California home. Taylor says she is ''deeply
> shocked'' by the accident.

i think it was on et last night i heard this statement put out by
taylor through her representatives.the statement also said liz is
"resting".
let me ask you something.....everytime a friend is ill or dies and liz
issues a statement,at the end it always says she is "resting at home ".
why is this woman always "resting at home"?
tae

PUSSSYKATT

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Sandetoze

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Was he drunk again? I hope he has the stamina she has had during all of her
hospitalizations.

Goldrivet

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
The police are calling it an accident, although they are mystified at the
strong scent of White Diamonds at the scene.

Butch

Sayard

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
Butch shrewdly noted:

>The police are calling it an accident, although they are mystified at the
>strong scent of White Diamonds at the scene.

HAH, that was cute Butch! When I heard about this incident on the local news,
they said "Fortensky either fell or jumped from his second floor balcony." I
wondered if maybe he did jump because he is having a hard time adjusting to
life after Liz.

-Say

PUSSSYKATT

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
NY POST...
By ROBIN GREGG and BILL HOFFMANN
A heartsick Elizabeth Taylor last night prayed for the recovery of ex-husband
Larry Fortensky after he critically injured himself in a freak accident at his
California home.

"I am deeply shocked. My prayers are with him," a numbed Taylor said of hubby
No. 7.

Fortensky, 46, suffered "massive head injuries" when he plunged from the
second-floor balcony of his modest $750,000 home in San Juan Capistrano, cops
said.

The 10-foot fall ended with Fortensky smashing his head into the pavement
shortly after 3 a.m. yesterday. Cops said Fortensky "fell or jumped."

A female friend who was at the house at the time made a frantic call to 911 and
begged for help.

"The caller said that Mr. Fortensky had been injured in a fall," said Lt.
Hector Rivera of the sheriff's department.

"There was nothing to indicate anything suspicious other than a medical aid
call."

Paramedics arrived to find Fortensky unconscious and covered in blood from a
gaping head wound.

Authorities were probing whether Fortensky - a recovered boozer - was under the
influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of his fall.

Fortensky was in critical condition in the intensive-care unit at Mission
Hospital Regional Medical Center in San Juan Capistrano.

The exact nature of Fortensky's head injuries was shrouded in mystery.

In a terse statement, the hospital would only say: "He is critical. A family
spokesperson will be making a statement at a later time."

Taylor, 66, was notified of the accident yesterday morning at her Bel-Air home,
publicist Shirine Ann Coburn said.

It's the latest setback for the Hollywood legend, who's been cursed with bad
luck over the years - including eight divorces, life-threatening illnesses and
the tragic deaths of ex-husbands and pals.

La Liz and Fortensky - a former construction worker - met in rehab at the Betty
Ford Clinic in 1990 as they attempted to beat their dependency on booze.

They helped each other go cold turkey, fell in love and wed in October 1991 at
Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch.

The marriage ended in 1996 when Taylor filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable
differences with Fortensky, who remains a staunch member of Alcoholics
Anonymous to this day.

While Taylor forced him to sign a prenuptial agreement before they tied the
knot, Fortensky had threatened to fight for more money. He later agreed to an
undisclosed settlement.

Fortensky's accident is the latest tragedy for Liz. Last year, she saw the
deaths of close-pal actor Roddy McDowell from cancer and ex-daughter-in-law
Aileen Getty from AIDS.

Taylor has also been in frail health from a severe compression fracture of the
vertebrae.

In 1997, she underwent brain surgery to remove a benign tumor the size of a
golf ball and was previously hospitalized for an irregular heartbeat and for
operations to replace both hips.

Nine years ago, the screen diva nearly died of complications from a respiratory
illness that kept her in the hospital for three months. She's also been treated
for dependency on painkilling drugs.

Before Fortensky, Taylor was wed to hotel heir Nicky Hilton, actor Michael
Wilding, producer Mike Todd, singer Eddie Fisher, Sen. John Warner and actor
Richard Burton (twice).

All but Fisher and Warner are dead.

The acclaimed actress won Academy Awards for "Butterfield 8" in 1960 and "Who's
Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" in 1966.

RoRoDanna

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
>Fortensky, 46, suffered "massive head injuries" when he plunged from the
>second-floor balcony of his modest $750,000 home in San Juan Capistrano, cops

Modest?

Roseanne Roseannadanna
AGC Visually Impaired Item Maintenance Technician
See the Blind Item Website at: http://members.tripod.com/~Rogow/RoRo.htm

Hiyachick

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
tae wrote:

>everytime a friend is ill or dies and liz
> issues a statement,at the end it always says she is "resting at home ".
> why is this woman always "resting at home"?

********************************
Really. How is it that it always becomes a crisis about LIZ? Everyone
focuses on her and her pain. Shit, that is annoying. Now, if Liz falls and
conks her noggin on the cement, then I'd be ok with her resting at home till
she got better.

I feel better now. Thank you tae.

Sheesh.

mslinda

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Modest for Southern California.

Linda C.

mslinda

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
PUSSSYKATT wrote:

> NY POST...
> By ROBIN GREGG and BILL HOFFMANN
> A heartsick Elizabeth Taylor last night prayed for the recovery of ex-husband
> Larry Fortensky after he critically injured himself in a freak accident at his
> California home.
>
> "I am deeply shocked. My prayers are with him," a numbed Taylor said of hubby
> No. 7.
>
> Fortensky, 46, suffered "massive head injuries" when he plunged from the
> second-floor balcony of his modest $750,000 home in San Juan Capistrano, cops
> said.
>
> The 10-foot fall ended with Fortensky smashing his head into the pavement
> shortly after 3 a.m. yesterday. Cops said Fortensky "fell or jumped."
>
> A female friend who was at the house at the time made a frantic call to 911 and
> begged for help.
>
> "The caller said that Mr. Fortensky had been injured in a fall," said Lt.
> Hector Rivera of the sheriff's department.
>
> "There was nothing to indicate anything suspicious other than a medical aid
> call."
>
> Paramedics arrived to find Fortensky unconscious and covered in blood from a
> gaping head wound.
>
> Authorities were probing whether Fortensky - a recovered boozer - was under the
> influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of his fall.
>
> Fortensky was in critical condition in the intensive-care unit at Mission
> Hospital Regional Medical Center in San Juan Capistrano.
>
> The exact nature of Fortensky's head injuries was shrouded in mystery.
>
> In a terse statement, the hospital would only say: "He is critical. A family
> spokesperson will be making a statement at a later time."

This sounds like he's brain dead and the relatives are trying to decide
whether to pull his plug.

Linda C.

mslinda

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
J&T Egan wrote:

> PUSSSYKATT wrote:
> >
> > UPI

> > Actress Elizabeth Taylor says her prayers are with her seventh ex- husband,
> > Larry Fortensky. Fortensky is hospitalized in critical condition after falling
> > from a second-floor balcony at his California home. Taylor says she is ''deeply
> > shocked'' by the accident.
>
> i think it was on et last night i heard this statement put out by
> taylor through her representatives.the statement also said liz is
> "resting".
> let me ask you something.....everytime a friend is ill or dies and liz

> issues a statement,at the end it always says she is "resting at home ".
> why is this woman always "resting at home"?
> tae

Because she's old and sick?

Linda C.

mslinda

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
-=JR=- wrote:

> In article <19990129175008...@ng08.aol.com>, hiya...@aol.com
> says...

> >tae wrote:
> >
> >>everytime a friend is ill or dies and liz
> >> issues a statement,at the end it always says she is "resting at home ".
> >> why is this woman always "resting at home"?
> >
> >********************************
> >Really. How is it that it always becomes a crisis about LIZ? Everyone
> >focuses on her and her pain. Shit, that is annoying. Now, if Liz falls
> >and
> >conks her noggin on the cement, then I'd be ok with her resting at home till
> >she got better.
>
> From the word going around the newsroom, he is not expected to survive.

On the KCBS 6 pm news, they reported that the woman who witnessed the
accident and called 911 said Fortensky had been drinking.

Linda C.

J&T Egan

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
-=JR=- wrote:

> In article <19990129175008...@ng08.aol.com>, hiya...@aol.com
> says...
> >
> >tae wrote:
> >
> >>everytime a friend is ill or dies and liz
> >> issues a statement,at the end it always says she is "resting at home ".
> >> why is this woman always "resting at home"?
> >
> >********************************
> >Really. How is it that it always becomes a crisis about LIZ? Everyone
> >focuses on her and her pain. Shit, that is annoying. Now, if Liz falls
> >and
> >conks her noggin on the cement, then I'd be ok with her resting at home till
> >she got better.
>
> From the word going around the newsroom, he is not expected to survive.

i figured as much the night i heardsaw the story on et....my tipoff was
"massive head injuries".too bad.he just couldn't get it together i
reckon.
tae

J&T Egan

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

yup....
tae

ChaosinRed

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
Just heard a report that he's on life support. Any other confirmation on this?

chaos...@aol.com

-=JR=-

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
In article <36B23D7E...@earthlink.net>, msl...@earthlink.net says...

>RoRoDanna wrote:
>>
>> >Fortensky, 46, suffered "massive head injuries" when he plunged from the
>> >second-floor balcony of his modest $750,000 home in San Juan Capistrano,
cops

>> Modest?
>>
>> Roseanne Roseannadanna
>> AGC Visually Impaired Item Maintenance Technician
>> See the Blind Item Website at: http://members.tripod.com/~Rogow/RoRo.htm
>
>Modest for Southern California.

It is a condo with no land - so the price may be about right.

-=JR=-

-=JR=-

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99

PUSSSYKATT

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
Fortensky Reported In A Coma - (MISSION VIEJO) -- Liz Taylor's ex-husband,
Larry Fortensky, is in a coma and on life support after a fall in his San Juan
Capistrano home. KNBC-TV reports doctors plan to wait a few more days before
they assess the chances for survival for the 46-year-old former construction
worker. There's no word on what caused Fortensky to fall, but a woman who
called nine-one-one said he had been drinking.

-=JR=-

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
In article <19990129200730...@ng30.aol.com>,
chaos...@aol.comNoSpam00 says...

>Just heard a report that he's on life support. Any other confirmation on
>this?

True - and confirmed also that his blood alcohol was waaaaay over the
legal limit.

-=JR=-

ChaosinRed

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
Good PR is the answer.

Appears Fortensky may not survive. They are going to give him 2 days and then
reasses. Is allegedly on life support.
chaos...@aol.com

PUSSSYKATT

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
chaosinred wrote:

>>Appears Fortensky may not survive. They are going to give him 2 days and then
reasses. Is allegedly on life support.<<

Sounds right...they probably have to wait for the brain swelling to go down to
assess the damage.

Billie

~I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow
isn't looking good either.~

mslinda

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
J&T Egan wrote:
> i figured as much the night i heardsaw the story on et....my tipoff was
> "massive head injuries".too bad.he just couldn't get it together i
> reckon.
> tae

What I find so sad is that he apparently had fallen off the wagon in a
big way. After all that intensive rehab, it's a shame he couldn't stay
straight. 46 is so young to die.

Linda C.

Betsy Hirschburg

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
In San Juan Capistrano,750,000,
is a very modest house!!!!
Betsy

Robin

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99

This is so sad. Such a troubled guy. I believe there is a lot of
goodness in him. He was very devoted to Liz thru much of their marriage
when she was very ill, and when she was hospitalized during the Northridge
earthquake, he literally carried her out of the hospital because it
sustained a lot of damage.

His life while with her may have exacerbated feelings of inadequacy - he
always looked so uncomfortable when in public. Just wasn't used to and
never adjusted to that kind of life. My prayers are with him and his
family. If he survives - who knows - some people turn their lives around
after near death experiences.

Robin

PUSSSYKATT

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
Fortensky Remains Critical - (MISSION VIEJO) -- Larry Fortensky... Elizabeth
Taylor's latest ex-husband... remains in critical condition and on life support
at a Mission Viejo hospital. Fortensky suffered severe injuries after falling
down the stairs at his San Juan Capistrano home. Doctors at Mission Hospital
hope to release a prognosis for the 46-year-old construction worker sometime
later this week.

E! ONLINE....
UPDATE: Liz Taylor ex Larry Fortensky, 45, comatose and on life support. He was
critically injured in a fall Thursday. No word yet on his chances for survival.