Carol Wayne's Mysterious Death

Ron Turner

Jul 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/28/00
Was messing around with tv trivia and came across this. Seemed interesting,
thought I'd post it.

From http://www.tvparty.com

If you watched the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson during the Seventies, you
may remember sexy Carol Wayne. She was the big-busted, bubbly "Matinee Lady" of
the 'Tea Time Movies with Art Fern' sketches that began in 1971 and stayed
popular throughout the decade.

Carol Wayne was also a frequent guest on game shows like Celebrity Sweepstakes
and The Hollywood Squares, she also made quite a bit of money doing personal
appearances. She had the ability to make the most innocent remark seem like a
dirty joke with her little girl voice, wide "innocent" eyes and ultra-ample
bosom.

It was often joked that Carol Wayne would never drown with those large breasts
of hers - but ironically that's exactly how she did die. To this day, the exact
circumstances leading up to her death in 1985 remain a mystery.

Carol Wayne's troubles started in 1980 when Johnny Carson threatened to quit
his lucrative role as host of the popular 'Tonight' show. He demanded that NBC
cut the show from ninety-minutes to sixty. The network was having a very bad
year, and the nightly talk show was its biggest profit center at the time ('The
Cosby Show' changed that situation a few years later). NBC had no choice but to
reluctantly agree to Carson's demand. Freeing up this time led to the creation
of 'Late Night with David Letterman', which became another hot property for the
network and Carson Productions - so everyone came out a winner.

Well, everyone but Carol Wayne. The new sixty-minute format meant that Carson
had less time for skits starring familiar characters like "Aunt Blabby", "Floyd
R. Turbo", and "Art Fern". As a result, Carol Wayne's appearances on the
'Tonight' show became fewer and farther between.

Carol Wayne was no longer in demand for daytime game show appearances either,
that genre was dying on the vine. In 1980 she divorced her husband, bestselling
writer Burt Sugarman.

In 1984 a thin, pale Carol Wayne declared bankruptcy due in large part to a
cocaine and alcohol problem. It was said the entertainer was reduced to being
an occasional escort for wealthy businessmen in order to make a living.

According to published reports, Carol Wayne was on vacation in Santiago Bay,
Mexico with Los Angeles car salesman Edward Durston on January 10, 1985 when
(it has been reported) the couple had a argument about where they were going to
stay that evening (they were scheduled to fly back to Los Angeles the next
morning). Durston checked into a hotel and Wayne reportedly left to walk down
the beach (to cool off?). That was the last time anyone saw her alive. Local
fisherman Abel de Dios found her limp body floating in the shallow bay waters
three days later.

Mexican authorities wondered how Carol Wayne came to drown in waters four feet
deep, fully clothed. There were no cuts or abrasions, so a fall from the nearby
rocks was ruled out. The coroner stated that death occurred 3 - 4 days earlier
and the body tested negative for drugs and alcohol.

Suspicions were raised: Carol Wayne had to be identified by workers at the Las
Hadas resort where the couple had been staying earlier in the week. When locals
went to look for Wayne's traveling companion, they discovered that Edward
Durston checked out three days earlier - leaving Wayne's luggage at the airport
with a message that she would pick up her bags in the morning.

Carol Wayne could not swim, and reportedly did not like to go too near the
water. So how did she happen to be found dead in calm and shallow waters?
"Carol Wayne's death is unsolved, certainly.", the U.S. Consular William
LaCoque was quoted as saying in 1990, "But I don't think it was a drowning. A
drowning, yes, of course, but there is much more to it than that." What more,
we may never know.

As an aside, many readers may remember the LSD related death of Art
Linkletter's daughter Diane. She jumped (or fell) from a sixth floor apartment
building in 1969. Art Linkletter basically ended his successful television
career when he started crusading against drugs with a fervor that made it hard
for middle America to find the afternoon talk show host funny anymore. Not that
it means anything (and I'm absolutely sure it doesn't), but Diane Linkletter's
companion the night she was killed was named Edward Durston.

Hehe. I hear Bush's lead over Gore has gotten way bigger!

Reading "The Mammoth Book of Nostradamus" by Damon Wilson

Sardave

Jul 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/28/00
wow... god info... Very interesting....
Thanks

Morgan La Fey

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
My uncle was in a hippie band during the late 60's-early 70's, the time of
Diane Linkletter's drug and or mental problems. He says that there were
several very strange stories told after Diane's supposed suicide leap from
the window.
One story dealt with the way that Diane was trashed posthumously by the
hip (oxymoronic) press establishment, the sub-text of which was that her
suicide gave bad press to the growing drug culture and the
anti-establishment politico types which were involved with the drug culture
as one of many venues to advance their cause.
At the time Art Linkletter was at the peak of his popularity was a skilled
interviewer with comedic talents to rival Johnny Carson. Following his
daughters death when, like any father Art spoke out against the dangers of
drugs; he came out against drugs, in particular LSD, he was quickly
branded a right wing reactionary. In actuality, Art Linkletter was a very
mainstream moderate Baptist, occasionally given to making pro-civil rights
pro-social statements. He once said while interviewing the Russian
Cosmonaut Geirmon Titov (sp.) on the old afternoon Art Linkletter's House
Party TV Show, Linkletter made the sadly idealistic statement that he felt
that," if one day Russia became a little more like America and if America
became a little more like Russia hat the world might be able to realize
that he peace was possible."
Certainly not a right wing reactionary by today's standards. But this was
the sixties and according to my uncle, who is very bitter about the
so-called counter culture, in 68-69 if a middle aged man like Linkletter
made any kind of statement critical of the so-called youth movement, he
was regarded as the enemy. The media replays the 60's as peace, love and
flowers but my uncle says that there were a lot of nasty hate filled
student protest types of the variety that spat at poor draftee kids coming
back from Vietnam. In those days it was almost a rule that if someone
public was critical about drugs or youth that they would be attacked by the
hip press. This also applied to people who weren't middle-aged. Around this
time my uncle was playing in a band that opened a few times for a popular
power trio called Grand Funk Railroad who had made some anti-drug PSA's.
The result was a concerted effort by the hip press RS et al. to crush GFR.
One of the most interesting things my uncle said about the Diane Linkletter
situation was that this Ed Durston was heavily involved with the huge LA
drug scene and that there were some very influential Hollywood people who
were afraid that Diane Linkletter would start talking. Art always felt that
Diane's suicide was the result of an LSD flashback, a phenomenon that was
in those days poorly understood and poorly treated. Such was the ignorance
about drugs by most doctors at that time that many young people who
suffered overdoses were afraid to seek treatment for fear of being turned
in to the police by ER doctors. Many nightmarish LSD overdoses went all but
untreated or were given unfortunate mistreatment. Diane Linkletter's
situation is not unique, the trail of deaths associated with drugs in those
days was constant, but was largely downplayed by the hip media and treated
by the main media as a weirdly colorful curiosity. Hippie boys were
long-haired oddities and hippie girls were braless symbols of free love
available to be used and abused by anyone and everyone. We can only guess
what Dina Linkletter was thinking or what really happened to her because
the Hollywood community quickly closed ranks and went out of their way to
silence anyone who would talk, just as they did when Sharon Tate and her
friends were killed. Hollywood hip and not so hip went out of their way to
target all media attention on the Manson families freaky drug and sex
lifestyle instead of examining the corruption and guilty similarity the
Mansonites consciousness bore to the LA party scene at the time. Little
attention was paid to the enormous amount of drugs passing through the
Ceilo Drive estate or the regular drug and sex-fests that the little Polish
creep Polanksi orchestrated. Or to the fact that these were not the first
drug associated murders in the LA showbiz scene. What made Tate different
was that it was done by "outsiders," and that like the OJ murders, two of
the things Hollywood most values in the world were killed, a beautiful
blonde Shiksa and a young handsome Jewish man, Tate and Sebring. The death
of Diane Linkletter is often seen as a side-note to the sixties, an ironic
poke in the eye to a symbol of the 1950's.
So what do we know about Diane Linkletter's tragic end? Was she an LSD
casualty or was there a conspiracy which involved important people who
wanted her silenced, or was Diane but the (?)first in a string of women
victimized by the notorious Mr. Dunston? It is certainly a story well worth
investigating. If I ever make the move from NYC to LA I just might do that

Morgan.

Michael Ritchie

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
Morgan La Fey wrote:

> At the time Art Linkletter was at the peak of his popularity was a skilled
> interviewer with comedic talents to rival Johnny Carson. Following his
> daughters death when, like any father Art spoke out against the dangers of
> drugs; he came out against drugs, in particular LSD, he was quickly
> branded a right wing reactionary. In actuality, Art Linkletter was a very
> mainstream moderate Baptist, occasionally given to making pro-civil rights
> pro-social statements.

I remember watching Linkletter in my youth. While
I know nothing of his politics, I would hardly say
that he was in Johnny Carson's league in terms
of "comedic talents." Linkletter's audience, based
largely on when his show aired, was housewives, with
very family-based material. Carson, as a late-night
host, was always more "adult," more sophisticated, and
more deliberately comic. Linkletter always struck
me more like Mike Douglas or even Ed Sullivan
than Johnny Carson.

I don't question your statements about Linkletter's
political views, but one additional reason why he
may have been branded negatively was that he
released a spoken word single in the wake of his
daughter's death, called "We Love You, Call Collect."
I've never heard it, so I don't know if it was
directly about the suicide; since the filp side was
a spoken word response by Diane, it was obviously
planned and recorded before her death. It made the
Billboard charts, peaking at #42. I do remember some
accusations against him of commercializing on her
death, since the song was released within a month
of her death.

--M.

David Migicovsky

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
Michael Ritchie spread those long luscious legs and gave birth to...

>Morgan La Fey wrote:
>>
>> At the time Art Linkletter was at the peak of his popularity was a
>> skilled interviewer with comedic talents to rival Johnny Carson.
>> Following his daughters death when, like any father Art spoke out
>> against the dangers of drugs; he came out against drugs, in particular
>> LSD, he was quickly branded a right wing reactionary. In actuality,
>> Art Linkletter was a very mainstream moderate Baptist, occasionally
>> given to making pro-civil rights pro-social statements.
>
>I remember watching Linkletter in my youth. While
>I know nothing of his politics, I would hardly say
>that he was in Johnny Carson's league in terms
>of "comedic talents." Linkletter's audience, based
>largely on when his show aired, was housewives, with
>very family-based material. Carson, as a late-night
>host, was always more "adult," more sophisticated, and
>more deliberately comic. Linkletter always struck
>me more like Mike Douglas or even Ed Sullivan
>than Johnny Carson.

More low-key than Mike Douglas, I'd say. My memories are not of an
afternoon version of an entertainment talk show, but closer in style to
today's lifestyle shows, with kids being a big part of it. I can't even
remember if celebrity interviews were a part of it. I remember lots of
audience stuff.

Some people simply shouldn't be used in comparisons. There was only one
Lucy, and only one Carson.

Linkletter had an extraordinary run, 17 years, but his show, which
premiered in 1952, wasn't meant for the 70s.

--
David Migicovsky, Evil Overlord of ACF
d m i g i c o v at n e w s c e n e dot c o m

Martin Evans

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
So where is Edward Durston now?

When a sig just isn't enough: http://www.Litterbox.eboard.com

Richard Lanham

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
In article <16471-39...@storefull-263.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
Ogre...@webtv.net (Martin Evans) wrote:

> So where is Edward Durston now?

No one by that exact name is listed as dead in the Social Security Death Index
(available on http://www.rootsweb.com and other sites).

But that does not necessarily mean he is still alive.

Rick

Michael Ritchie

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
David Migicovsky wrote:

> Michael Ritchie wrote:
>
> >[...]I would hardly say

> >that he was in Johnny Carson's league in terms
> >of "comedic talents." Linkletter's audience, based
> >largely on when his show aired, was housewives, with
> >very family-based material. Carson, as a late-night
> >host, was always more "adult," more sophisticated, and
> >more deliberately comic. Linkletter always struck
> >me more like Mike Douglas or even Ed Sullivan
> >than Johnny Carson.
>
> More low-key than Mike Douglas, I'd say. My memories are not of an
> afternoon version of an entertainment talk show, but closer in style to
> today's lifestyle shows, with kids being a big part of it. I can't even
> remember if celebrity interviews were a part of it. I remember lots of
> audience stuff.

Exactly. I don't remember if he had celebs on, but
the kid segments were the most popular parts of
the show--Linkletter, I believe, started the
"Kids Say the Darndest Things" series of books.

> Some people simply shouldn't be used in comparisons. There was only one
> Lucy, and only one Carson.

Gosh, we're agreeing on a lot of stuff lately!

--M.

Morgan La Fey

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00

Michael Ritchie <mrit...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in article
<39834210...@columbus.rr.com>...

Michael Ritchie <mrit...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in article
<3982EBFE...@columbus.rr.com>...

> Morgan La Fey wrote:
> >
> > At the time Art Linkletter was at the peak of his popularity was a
skilled
> > interviewer with comedic talents to rival Johnny Carson. Following his
> > daughters death when, like any father Art spoke out against the dangers
of
> > drugs; he came out against drugs, in particular LSD, he was quickly
> > branded a right wing reactionary. In actuality, Art Linkletter was a
very
> > mainstream moderate Baptist, occasionally given to making pro-civil
rights
> > pro-social statements.
>
> I remember watching Linkletter in my youth. While

> I know nothing of his politics, I would hardly say

> that he was in Johnny Carson's league in terms
> of "comedic talents." Linkletter's audience, based
> largely on when his show aired, was housewives, with
> very family-based material. Carson, as a late-night
> host, was always more "adult," more sophisticated, and
> more deliberately comic. Linkletter always struck
> me more like Mike Douglas or even Ed Sullivan
> than Johnny Carson.
>

> I don't question your statements about Linkletter's
> political views, but one additional reason why he
> may have been branded negatively was that he
> released a spoken word single in the wake of his
> daughter's death, called "We Love You, Call Collect."
> I've never heard it, so I don't know if it was
> directly about the suicide; since the filp side was
> a spoken word response by Diane, it was obviously
> planned and recorded before her death. It made the
> Billboard charts, peaking at #42. I do remember some
> accusations against him of commercializing on her
> death, since the song was released within a month
> of her death.
>
> --M.

Michael Ritchie <mrit...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in article
<39834210...@columbus.rr.com>...

Morgan wrote: It's true, there was a lot of controversy and criticism about
the release of the 45. In those days, sensibilities were quite different.
But the record had been recorded prior to the tragedy and was based on the
then (to parents) frightening phenomenon of middle-American teens running
away from home to join the "hippies" and all which that implied. Perhaps
the records release was misguided, certainly some of the comments I've read
about it suggest it was tasteless, but it certainly wasn't done for the
money--Linkletter was and is very wealthy--but perhaps it was released
because, as naive as it sounds, in the 50's-60's the relationship between
audience and TV personalities was more intimate and many television
celebrities felt they had a relationship and a responsibility to their
audience. One article suggested that Art felt that a lot of other parents
were going through the same "generation gap" problem his family was
suffering with and that they might be helped or comforted. Also, a grieving
father perhaps felt it might serve as a last tribute to his daughter.

Morgan

Linda F. Cauthen

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Morgan La Fey wrote:

> Morgan wrote: It's true, there was a lot of controversy and criticism about
> the release of the 45. In those days, sensibilities were quite different.
> But the record had been recorded prior to the tragedy and was based on the
> then (to parents) frightening phenomenon of middle-American teens running
> away from home to join the "hippies" and all which that implied. Perhaps
> the records release was misguided, certainly some of the comments I've read
> about it suggest it was tasteless, but it certainly wasn't done for the
> money--Linkletter was and is very wealthy--but perhaps it was released
> because, as naive as it sounds, in the 50's-60's the relationship between
> audience and TV personalities was more intimate and many television
> celebrities felt they had a relationship and a responsibility to their
> audience. One article suggested that Art felt that a lot of other parents
> were going through the same "generation gap" problem his family was
> suffering with and that they might be helped or comforted. Also, a grieving
> father perhaps felt it might serve as a last tribute to his daughter.
>
> Morgan

FWIW, Art Linkletter has his office in the Larry Flynt building on
Wilshire. I saw him in the elevator one day. He doesn't look too bad
considering how old he is.

Linda C.

Ambrose

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00

> Michael Ritchie <mrit...@columbus.rr.com> wrote <snip>

> I don't question your statements about Linkletter's
> > political views, but one additional reason why he
> > may have been branded negatively was that he
> > released a spoken word single in the wake of his
> > daughter's death, called "We Love You, Call Collect."
> > I've never heard it, so I don't know if it was
> > directly about the suicide; since the filp side was
> > a spoken word response by Diane, it was obviously
> > planned and recorded before her death. It made the
> > Billboard charts, peaking at #42. I do remember some
> > accusations against him of commercializing on her
> > death, since the song was released within a month
> > of her death.
> >
> > --M.
> >

> <snip>
>
> I was wondering if Rhino or Demento or someone has any of those strange
45 from the sixties, like A Canadians Thank you to the United States (or
something like that) or the Sen Everet Dirkson spoken word forty-fives or
the Mike Douglas, "The Men in my Little Girls Life." I recently became
fascinated with these old time celeb recording efforts. I recently got the
Leonard Nimoy album and some others which are very strange. Also can anyone
explain why these records were put out. Was it just a celebrity vanity
thing? Did they make much money? I heard some fascinating stuff playing
over the PA at a TV nostalgia convention. The ones that stuck with me was
Hugh Downs singing folk songs!?! And Telly Savalas singing love songs!!!?!
Who bought these records? Can you imagine settling in your shag carpeted
living room, cuddling on your Swedish modern sofa in front of your
modernistic black metal and crome gas powered fireplace with Telly Savalas
singing love songs in the background as your date unfastens her bullet bra?
Whoa, where are the Quualudes, dude!

Ambrose

Maggie

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
>I don't question your statements about Linkletter's
>political views, but one additional reason why he
>may have been branded negatively was that he
>released a spoken word single in the wake of his
>daughter's death, called "We Love You, Call Collect."
>I've never heard it, so I don't know if it was
>directly about the suicide; since the filp side was
>a spoken word response by Diane, it was obviously
>planned and recorded before her death. It made the
>Billboard charts, peaking at #42. I do remember some
>accusations against him of commercializing on her
>death, since the song was released within a month
>of her death.

***I'm almost certain the recording was released well before Diane's death (a
year or so?). Perhaps it didn't become popular though until after she died?

Maggie

"A long dispute means that both parties are wrong." Voltaire

Kent

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Ambrose said:

:> I don't question your statements about Linkletter's

:> > political views, but one additional reason why he
:> > may have been branded negatively was that he
:> > released a spoken word single in the wake of his
:> > daughter's death, called "We Love You, Call Collect."
:> > I've never heard it, so I don't know if it was
:> > directly about the suicide;

I have this!! It is far beyond the cheesiest thing you can imagine. Got it
at a flea market about 10 years ago. I didn't realize the flip side was
"from" Diane, but if so, surely it isn't really her. I'll check.

:> > Billboard charts, peaking at #42. I do remember some

:> > accusations against him of commercializing on her
:> > death, since the song was released within a month
:> > of her death.

But, you haven't seen anything until you've seen John Waters' short "The
Diane Linkletter Story", a one-scene film with Divine playing Diane. The
final scene is of Diane/Divine lying dead on the ground, as "We Love You,
Call Collect" plays on the soundtrack...

:> I was wondering if Rhino or Demento or someone has any of those strange

: 45 from the sixties, like A Canadians Thank you to the United States (or
: something like that)

"Americans", Byron MacGregor

: the Mike Douglas, "The Men in my Little Girls Life." I recently became

: fascinated with these old time celeb recording efforts. I recently got the
: Leonard Nimoy album and some others which are very strange. Also can anyone
: explain why these records were put out. Was it just a celebrity vanity
: thing? Did they make much money? I heard some fascinating stuff playing
: over the PA at a TV nostalgia convention. The ones that stuck with me was
: Hugh Downs singing folk songs!?! And Telly Savalas singing love songs!!!?!
: Who bought these records? Can you imagine settling in your shag carpeted
: living room, cuddling on your Swedish modern sofa in front of your
: modernistic black metal and crome gas powered fireplace with Telly Savalas
: singing love songs in the background as your date unfastens her bullet bra?
: Whoa, where are the Quualudes, dude!

I presume you've never heard the album "Miss Bette Davis Sings"? The Ethyl
Merman Disco Album? I even know someone with a 45 of Anita Bryant singing
"Do-Re-Mi".

Kent

Michael Ritchie

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Kent wrote:

> :> I don't question your statements about Linkletter's
> :> > political views, but one additional reason why he
> :> > may have been branded negatively was that he
> :> > released a spoken word single in the wake of his
> :> > daughter's death, called "We Love You, Call Collect."
> :> > I've never heard it, so I don't know if it was
> :> > directly about the suicide;
>
> I have this!! It is far beyond the cheesiest thing you can imagine. Got it
> at a flea market about 10 years ago. I didn't realize the flip side was
> "from" Diane, but if so, surely it isn't really her. I'll check.

As noted earlier in the thread, it was recorded before
her death. According to Joel Whitburn's Record Research
book of Billboard Top 100 Singles, the flip side, called
"Dear Mom and Dad," was "a response by Art's daughter
Diane."

BTW, I'm jealous that you apparently have a working turntable!!

--M., who has one, but it's buried away in a box
in the basement

Michael Ritchie

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Maggie wrote:

> ***I'm almost certain the recording was released well before Diane's death (a
> year or so?). Perhaps it didn't become popular though until after she died?

I don't know. She committed suicide on October 4, 1969, and
the single entered the Billboard charts on November 1,
1969. Certainly the subject matter of the song was
about runaways--was Diane a runaway?--rather than
specifically about drugs and suicide. According
to the Joel Whitburn book of Billboard Singles,
the jacket of the single had an anti-drug abuse
message. The point remains that Art and/or his
record company ran into some criticism because
of the timing of the release, or perhaps, the
re-release.

--M.

King Daevid MacKenzie, UltimaJock!

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
Michael Ritchie wrote:

> I remember watching Linkletter in my youth. While
> I know nothing of his politics, I would hardly say
> that he was in Johnny Carson's league in terms
> of "comedic talents." Linkletter's audience, based
> largely on when his show aired, was housewives, with
> very family-based material. Carson, as a late-night
> host, was always more "adult," more sophisticated, and
> more deliberately comic. Linkletter always struck
> me more like Mike Douglas or even Ed Sullivan
> than Johnny Carson.

...he made Mike Douglas look like Jack Kerouac...Linkletter's shows were
definitely coma-inducing...

> I don't question your statements about Linkletter's
> political views, but one additional reason why he
> may have been branded negatively was that he
> released a spoken word single in the wake of his
> daughter's death, called "We Love You, Call Collect."
> I've never heard it, so I don't know if it was

> directly about the suicide; since the filp side was
> a spoken word response by Diane, it was obviously
> planned and recorded before her death. It made the

> Billboard charts, peaking at #42. I do remember some
> accusations against him of commercializing on her
> death, since the song was released within a month
> of her death.

...I used to have a copy of that damned thing; interesting that it was produced
by the inimitably wretched Ralph Carmichael, who had his hands in the works at
both Capitol Records and the pseudo-Christian propaganda ministry Word
Records...it staggers the mind that that producer was responsible for both this
piece of immoral shit and some of the albums Capitol had Stan Kenton record that
led him to break away from Capitol to form his own Creative World label...

...track down Harlan Ellison's books THE GLASS TEAT and THE OTHER GLASS TEAT. In
one of those two (I don't recall which) is a brilliant essay Ellison wrote for
the Los Angeles Free Press that questions why Linkletter made his living off the
words of six-year-olds for years but didn't become concerned about teenagers
until his own daughter took a trip out a window...

--
King Daevid MacKenzie, UltimaJock!
kingd...@radiodigest.com

aratty...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2015, 12:45:18 PM12/2/15
> an occasional escort for wealthy businessmen in order to make a living.
Curiouser and curiouser. I'd never heard of her till this AM, and looked to see who she was supposed to be. Well, that sure fills me in and two husbands, maybe not the best choices either. I'll be interested to see more.

As for Gore Bush gap--I think mentioned below your message--of what significance could it be as they are both Yale Skull and Bones men pledged to work for the SAME agenda. Elections are actually SELECTIONS. All a sham. Think pro wrestling. Big buddies just not in front of cameras. And GORE's Inconvenient Truth, don't be taking that at face value! Sued by scientists.

Lesmond

Dec 2, 2015, 12:59:46 PM12/2/15
Were you even born when the post you are responding to was written?

--
If there's a nuclear winter, at least it'll snow.

dlove...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2017, 2:32:57 PM1/14/17
On Saturday, July 29, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Morgan La Fey wrote:
> My uncle was in a hippie band during the late 60's-early 70's, the time of
> Diane Linkletter's drug and or mental problems. He says that there were
> several very strange stories told after Diane's supposed suicide leap from
> the window.
> One story dealt with the way that Diane was trashed posthumously by the
> hip (oxymoronic) press establishment, the sub-text of which was that her
> suicide gave bad press to the growing drug culture and the
> anti-establishment politico types which were involved with the drug culture
> as one of many venues to advance their cause.
> At the time Art Linkletter was at the peak of his popularity was a skilled
> interviewer with comedic talents to rival Johnny Carson. Following his
> daughters death when, like any father Art spoke out against the dangers of
> drugs; he came out against drugs, in particular LSD, he was quickly
> branded a right wing reactionary. In actuality, Art Linkletter was a very
> mainstream moderate Baptist, occasionally given to making pro-civil rights
> friends were killed. Hollywood hip and not so hip went out of their way to
> target all media attention on the Manson families freaky drug and sex
> lifestyle instead of examining the corruption and guilty similarity the
> Mansonites consciousness bore to the LA party scene at the time. Little
> attention was paid to the enormous amount of drugs passing through the
> Ceilo Drive estate or the regular drug and sex-fests that the little Polish
> creep Polanksi orchestrated. Or to the fact that these were not the first
> drug associated murders in the LA showbiz scene. What made Tate different
> was that it was done by "outsiders," and that like the OJ murders, two of
> the things Hollywood most values in the world were killed, a beautiful
> blonde Shiksa and a young handsome Jewish man, Tate and Sebring. The death
> of Diane Linkletter is often seen as a side-note to the sixties, an ironic
> poke in the eye to a symbol of the 1950's.
> So what do we know about Diane Linkletter's tragic end? Was she an LSD
> casualty or was there a conspiracy which involved important people who
> wanted her silenced, or was Diane but the (?)first in a string of women
> victimized by the notorious Mr. Dunston? It is certainly a story well worth
> investigating. If I ever make the move from NYC to LA I just might do that
>
> Morgan.

Seriously, get a life. Why does the fact that your uncle was in a hippie band make him an expert on Diane Linkletter? And what exactly is a hippie band anyway?

amethyst...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2018, 6:16:11 PM1/11/18
I would like to know why you would say you were absolutely sure there was no connection. Two beautiful and vulnerable women DEAD around this guy... I would say he got away with Murder. And maybe more of it, if it was women less known... Shame.

alitt...@aol.com

Nov 20, 2018, 3:55:09 PM11/20/18
He died in Las Vegas I believe.