COURT DECLINES TO HEAR 60S COLD CASE

Leroy N. Soetoro

Nov 26, 2009, 4:12:15 AM11/26/09
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/11/02/2116609.aspx

From NBC's Pete Williams
The U.S. Supreme Court today declined to take up the case of James Ford
Seale, a central figure in an infamous racially motivated crime in 1964.
Today's action leaves his conviction standing. But two justices said the
court should have taken the case, because the issue will come up again
in other cold cases from the 1960s.

The FBI accused Seale and other Ku Klux Klansmen of kidnapping two black
college students in 1964, beating them in a forest, and dumping them,
still alive, into the Mississippi River. Seale and another man were
arrested at the time, but local authorities declined to prosecute them
for killing the students, Charles Moore and his friend, Henry Dee.
Moore's brother, Thomas, helped get the case re-opened, and Seale was
re-arrested in 2007, this time on federal charges, and later convicted.

When the crime was committed in 1964, a kidnapping that resulted in harm
to the victim was punishable by death. And that is true today. But for
more than two decades, violating that law was not a capital offense.
There's no statute of limitations for crimes that carry the death
penalty, but there is for others. Accordingly, Seale challenged his
conviction, arguing that when the death penalty was taken off the books,
only a five-year statute of limitations applied to the crime. Once that
period elapsed, he could no longer be charged, even though the death
penalty was later revived, he claimed.

A federal appeals court disagreed and upheld Seale's conviction, but it
urged the Supreme Court to straighten out the law. Today, the justices
declined to do so. But two justices -- the liberal John Paul Stevens
and the conservative Antonin Scalia -- said the court should have taken
the case. It's an important issue, they said, "that may well determine
the outcome of a number of cases of ugly racial violence remaining from
the 1960's."

EMAIL THIS

Comments
Somehow, and you just know it, the liberals will blame this on George
Bush. FTR (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:13 AM)

But two justices -- the liberal John Paul Stevens and the conservative
Antonin Scalia -- said the court should have taken the case. It's an
important issue, they said, "that may well determine the outcome of a
number of cases of ugly racial violence remaining from the 1960's."
______________

Where there mistaken is... 'ugly racial violence' is NOT only something
associated with the 1960's... it continues well into the present! Feisty
Redhead Roselle, IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:15 AM)

Ooops sorry for the 'typo'

Where they're mistaken is... 'ugly racial violence' is NOT only
something associated with the 1960's... it continues well into the
present! Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009
11:15 AM)

Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:20 AM)

Somehow, and you just know it, the liberals will blame this on George
Bush. FTR (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:13 AM)

Did you even read the blog?
Try Again (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:21 AM)

In the 60's you couldn't convict Southern whites or Klansmen in these
kind of cases

Law and order seemed to have been very selective
'southern Justice' seems to have been a contradiction in terms

Go Hoffman!: '...Read from Sat blog that folks don't blieve losses for
Dems is referendum on Obama. I think it's not just on obama; it's on the
Dems as a whole. They print money like there's no tmoro;...'

George Bush had Republican majorities in the House and Senate for 6
years He managed to DOUBLE THE NATIONAL DEBT
What, exactly did the American people gain ?
What happened to all THAT MONEY ??
MSierra, SF (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:24 AM)

Where there mistaken is... 'ugly racial violence' is NOT only something
associated with the 1960's... it continues well into the present! Feisty
Redhead Roselle, IL

Really? Where? See, this is how the liberals perpetuate the myth. Things
were bad before, and they are worse now, well, according to liberals.
Keeps people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton in the green anyway.

We just elected a black president. And to liberals, that's just their
twisted minds coming up with that being further proof of racism. Racism
is now a club used by liberals. It's a weapon they pull out when they
have no other argument left, no leg to stand on, so it it's pulled out
really quick now in days. The country is tiring of that nonsense though.

Calvin J., OK (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:27 AM)

There should be no statute of limitations for crimes motivated by the
melanin count the victims skin regardless of whether it is high or low.
We are one species and division due to coloration must be eliminated.
Fighting along these lines keeps us divided and lets the Priveleged
class control us. All types of class systems must be eliminated for the
greater good. Judas Goat (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:28 AM)

Maybe if the new wave republicans knew about it's racist past they would
take a longer look at who they support.There was a rash of killings in
the south,mostly over the civil rights movement.See the southern farmers
where against giving human beings civil rights.They where happy using
slave labor to work there fields.And when they weren't working like
dogs,the younger girls where used as there play toys,working on there
backs.These where some ulgy times in our past,but i doubt it gets much
talk in History classes across the south.Kind of like we see with the
tea baggers,they are allot like the KKK followers of the 60's.Guns in
one hand, Good book in the other. Justice ,Mississippi (Sent Monday,
November 02, 2009 11:29 AM)

Somehow, and you just know it, the liberals will blame this on George
Bush. FTR
what the hell does former president George bush have to do with this, i
take offense to what you said, have you ever had to fear the KKK, i bet
not, or you would have said something as stupid as you just did. when
the feds dug up Emitt Till, did you have something funny to say, these
men were murdered trying to give a group of people the same right
northers take for granted. you mentioned Liberals, let me tell you,
there was a liberal, his name was robert kennedy, he took on the Klan
along with alot of other brave Liberals MLK, CLC, being a liberal is not
all bad, no matter what some think. remember the civil rights
movement!!!!!! i bet you were against that!! man, you just got me going
on that, if the Klan would take you out and try kill you like they did
many you would be crying and begging like a little bitch!!. Jeff
Evanston IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:35 AM)

Keep moving. Justice served. Shame on anyone who defends those
convicted. We're making progress but its not yet a perfect society. Only
an arrogant person will try to tell someone what their experience is
today unless they live in their shoes. Without doubt this is also
definitely no longer the 60s, let's not drag the country back there and
celebrate our progress and work on improvements where lacking. J.
Richter (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:36 AM)

Maybe if the new wave republicans knew about it's racist past they would
take a longer look at who they support.There was a rash of killings in
the south,mostly over the civil rights movement.See the southern farmers
where against giving human beings civil rights.They where happy using
slave labor to work there fields.And when they weren't working like
dogs,the younger girls where used as there play toys,working on there
backs.These where some ulgy times in our past,but i doubt it gets much
talk in History classes across the south.Kind of like we see with the
tea baggers,they are allot like the KKK followers of the 60's.Guns in
one hand, Good book in the other. Justice ,Mississippi

hey i think your wrong, the southern racist were not republican, they
were democrats, they denounced the republican party because lincoln
freed the slaves. George Wallace was a democrate.
Jeff Evanston IL. (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:39 AM)

Calvin J., OK - wow are you serious? Was it the liberals that hung
blacks and rape black women or was it hateful white people. None of that
had anything to do with Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

These men choose to be whatever they called themselves � just like
Klansmen closed to hang and kill black people.

No matter how you want to spin this - you can't get away from the truth
or the facts.

Your ignorance and the things you said - just shows that if allowed
today you would be the first person to hang another black and feel
justified in your sick little mind -

Thank you and GOD BLESS AMERICA

The - Democrat Soldier (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:49 AM)

We just elected a black president. And to liberals, that's just their
twisted minds coming up with that being further proof of racism. Racism
is now a club used by liberals. It's a weapon they pull out when they
have no other argument left, no leg to stand on, so it it's pulled out
really quick now in days. The country is tiring of that nonsense though.

Calvin J., OK
i can't believe in the year 2009, there are still people like calvin out
there. calvin, i wish we would go back in time, and you will find out
how bad things were in the south, my familys on both sides had to get
out of the south because of the racism. i wish it was 1955 and the Klan
came to you door what would you do!!!! Jeff Evanston IL. (Sent Monday,
November 02, 2009 11:49 AM)

Really? Where? See, this is how the liberals perpetuate the myth. We
just elected a black president. And to liberals, that's just their
twisted minds coming up with that being further proof of racism.

Calvin J., OK (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:27 AM)
________________

I see comprehension & history are not your strong suits� but I�ll give
it the old �team� try anyway�

If things are so hunky dory why was a �hate� crimes bill recently
passed?

Does the name James Byrd Jr. ring a bell? Perhaps Matthew Shepard? If
not� here�s something you can familiarize yourself with:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/22/hate.crimes/index.html

Or using your logic on having just elected a �black� President� got
another one for you to educate yourself on:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/59
67942/Barack-Obama-faces-30-death-threats-a-day-stretching-US-Secret-Serv
ice.html or maybe this one�

http://www.truthout.org/1023094

Maybe you can PROVE your point by providing us with a link or article
citing where any PAST President has had his Secret Service streched this
thin? Rather than just sputtering the right wing squawking points...

Oh and Calvin� the NONSENSE this country is TRULY tiring of right wing
whack jobs who REFUSE to take off their HATE goggles!

Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:51 AM)

Southern Racist have always been Democrats. If you think otherwise
you're probably not from the south. It goes back to the plantation days
and yes, that was in the south. Republicans have always felt a man or
woman should not be judged by their skin color. It's the DNC that has
fooled so many into thinking the opposite for political purposes. Go
back, read your history and see the real story.

It continues to amaze me how gullible so many from my race are in
supporting the democrats. They have made our race stay where they wanted
us for their own personal gain, preaching justice and equality.

The truth and an honest evaluation will set you free.

Don't buy the hype. Obama is the token poster boy for the DNC and the
Chicago political machine. That's why HE can't make a decision now.
People are waiting to pull his strings. You don't get that feeling with
a true leader. Don't get me wrong, he's got some good qualities but he's
being controlled like NO other president has been before. Marcus D.,
Chicago (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:54 AM)

Will whoever keeps 'pinching a loaf' in Joe Scarboro's Wheaties please
stop it? It makes him more and more unbearable each and every morning.
Buzz (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:55 AM)

Where there mistaken is... 'ugly racial violence' is NOT only something
associated with the 1960's... it continues well into the present! Feisty
Redhead Roselle, IL

Really? Where? See, this is how the liberals perpetuate the myth. Things
were bad before, and they are worse now, well, according to liberals.
Keeps people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton in the green anyway.

We just elected a black president. And to liberals, that's just their
twisted minds coming up with that being further proof of racism. Racism
is now a club used by liberals. It's a weapon they pull out when they
have no other argument left, no leg to stand on, so it it's pulled out
really quick now in days. The country is tiring of that nonsense though.

Calvin J., OK (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:27 AM)
Feisty Redhead is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Of course, without question,
racial discrimination and violence which comes from it exists today.
The fact that we've elected an African-American president doesn't negate
this fact in any way. It only demnstrates that our society is VERY
SLOWLY progressing. Calvin, did you vote for President Obama? I'm
guessing that "Calvin from Oklahoma" (which is certainly not by any
means a progressive state with the likes of the wingnut Inhofe
representing the state) is not part of any dissaffected racial minority
group, and therefore is unqualified to speak on this subject matter.

Blue Esquire, Arizona (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:59 AM)

Racism is at it's highest level in many years thanks to the liberals.
Even the president has let it slip out and if you listen to black radio
stations you hear the racial jokes and cuts on a daily basis. Tune in
sometime and hear what's going on. The division is greater than ever.

I heard one this morning on a black radio station a piece saying that
Obama and family dressed up like "poor white folks" for Halloween. The
laughter went on and on.

See the impact and the racial intensity?
Riggins Walton, MD (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:59 AM)

Fiesty, they aren't "mistaken," the sentence is just being misread. It
says, "...a number of cases ... remaining from the 1960s." I guess
there's BARELY a bit of a misplaced modifier, but the idea of the
sentence is that the cases are from the 60s, not the violence. Quit
trying to conjure up some crap about the Supreme Court being unaware of
racial tension beyond the 60s.

On another note, I'm sorry to see this case get a pass. I would think
things like this would be what a Supreme Court would yearn to oversee.
People should not be able to get away with that kind of hatred, and the
public should not have to watch them get away with it. Ricks, Pensacola
(Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:01 PM)

Somehow, and you just know it, the liberals will blame this on George
Bush. FTR (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:13 AM)

Get used to it. Bush deserves no slack for at least the next 20 years.
Whoever takes office in 2016 will STILL be trying to pull this
once-great country out of the lower level of the outhouse. He earned
it, and he SHOULD continue to take the hits- for at LEAST as long as you
righties think Carter needs to be held up as a bad example. Drive-By
Observer (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:01 PM)

Jeff Evanston IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:35 AM)
____________

Welcome back Jeff... there was some a@@hole trolling around here Friday
who was impersonating you!

We ALL saw right through the little jerk off! ;0)
Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:03 PM)

Calvin j. OK
You are exactly correct in what you said.
The other posters must have misunderstood based on their rebuttals.
proud republican (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:03 PM)

Feisty, how is Obama getting so few death threats? Bush would have loved
to have had only 30 a day.

Blue line post are as credible as wikipedia and we know how that's going
now don't we.

Does it make you feel triumphant to include a blue line?

You went over the edge last week and I think people know see you better
for who you really are.

Maybe time to purchase some hair dye or a new name?
Marcus D., Chicago (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:03 PM)

With or without the death penalty, a crime of two murders that was
ignored during that era should not have a statute of limitations for
prosecution. The murder of two college students should never be
ignored.

FTR. Let's see now, two unfinished wars, N Korea and Iran working for
nuclear weapons, a Great Recession, banks near total collapse,
unemployment rising, doubling the national debt--all on the Bush watch.
There's a lot of blame for Bush and republicans to be found. 18% of the
public blame Obama, the rest blame Bush. What have the Republicans done
for this country lately? Jody, Iowa (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009
12:06 PM)

What is really sad is that 40 years later we still find it necessary to
discuss such things. It should be past, long past history but
unfortunately it isn't.

Let us not blame liberals or conservatives for what happened in the
South. While the Republican party was formed as an anti-slavery party
most whites in the party had no problem with what was done to black
people in the South. In the 60's it took a White Southern Male president
to push for and eventually sign legislation that allows for equal
housing, equal pay, voting rights and more for African-Americans.

Lincoln, although opposed to slavery, was no fan of black people. He
tried to give the freed slaves to other countries and only a few of said
former slaves left for other lands. The rest lived as sharecroppers or
got the heck out of the South to work in whatever job they could find.
Many in the North wouldn't hire them either of if they did it was for
lower wages. Party affiliation really had little to do with how AA
people were treated.

For the most part it seems that African-Americans are treated better
today than 40 years ago. While we've come a long way toward total
acceptance we still have a way to go. Unfortunately I doubt that I'll
see that happen in my lifetime despite a president that is part AA. Of
course some of the radical, extremists will seize on this to blame their
opposites and make generalizations which is all the more reason to
ignore them for they know nothing and make it obvious by their
statements. eagle1776 (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:09 PM)

The true haters are the liberals of today. The same ones that will not
acknowledge that progress has been made. They live in the past, and
always will. When they watch a documentary from the 1950's, they think
it's the evening news and is happening now. And that is where the
liberals power comes from, from saying things have not changed and they
need to "Do More". But the "more" is never enough, and then they need to
do "Even More".

The country is sick of liberalism though. Most everyone else wants to
turn the page, look to the future while acknolwledging the mistakes of
the past. Not the liberals though. They continue to live in the past,
because they love being the victim. Calvin J., OK (Sent Monday, November
02, 2009 12:12 PM)

What have the Republicans done for this country lately?
Jody, Iowa

Democrats - same question.
Frankie Deeds, Reno NV (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:14 PM)

Will whoever keeps 'pinching a loaf' in Joe Scarboro's Wheaties please
stop it? It makes him more and more unbearable each and every morning.
Buzz

Then change the channel. There are others besides msnbc you know. Or
does the home only let you watch that one? Nurse Cratchet (Sent Monday,
November 02, 2009 12:14 PM)

The southern democrats or dixiecrats were opposed to civil rights. JFK,
RFK and Johnson, democrats all, pushed through the civil rights
legislation. The dixiecrats of the south left the party and joined the
republicans where they happily live on repressing miniorities in the
south with their conservative social/cultural ideals; it continues to
work in the south because of deep religious convictions. LBJ when
signing the legislation said the democrats would loose the south for
decades. Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt are identified as repubicans
but they would be aligned with the democratic party today because they
were progressives. If our founding fathers had been conservative by
today's standard of conservatism, the British flag would still be
flying. Jody, Iowa (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:22 PM)

When both sides feel that the case should have been taken, it speaks
volumes. By the way the only thing us LIBERALS blame on George Bush is
letting the economy get sooo bad before anyone tried to do anything, and
getting us into a war, with no exit plan. You can say it is Barack
Obamas' war all you want, but guess what, he didn't send us there. donna
Wiederhold, Flint, Michigan (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:33 PM)

Don't buy the hype. Obama is the token poster boy for the DNC and the
Chicago political machine. That's why HE can't make a decision now.
People are waiting to pull his strings. You don't get that feeling with
a true leader. Don't get me wrong, he's got some good qualities but he's
being controlled like NO other president has been before. Marcus D.,
Chicago (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:54 AM)

Marcus D.,
You D man, I �m glad you finally showed your ugly face, now that you
took you have taken your hood. Believe me you face is ugly don�t you
ever call me a racist again!!! A**hole. President Obama unlike you is
not being controlled by puppeteers like you and your Republikkklans or
anyone for that matter.

Only an arrogant person will try to tell someone what their experience
is today unless they live in their shoes. Without doubt this is also
definitely no longer the 60s, let's not drag the country back there and
celebrate our progress and work on improvements where lacking. J.
Richter (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:36 AM) Okay J
I hay one thing to say
You do the crime
You pay the time

Beverly in Chicago (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:34 PM)

Blue line post are as credible as wikipedia and we know how that's going
now don't we. ______________________

Ohhhh�that�s right�. Wickepedia is ONLY a credible source on the rare
occasion the right wing whack jobs ATTEMPT to back up their BS with some
kind of �source�!

Thanks for clearing that up! lol lol lol

Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:35 PM)

Jeff Evanston IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:35 AM)
____________

Welcome back Jeff... there was some a@@hole trolling around here Friday
who was impersonating you!

We ALL saw right through the little jerk off! ;0)
Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL

Hey Feisty, that was me on friday, i resonded to a post,
How many illegal jobs has the stimulas saved, i said for the illegals to
money in my pocket, i said that the illegals are lowering our wages,
draining our health care system and school systems (that the truth) look
at the cook county budget and city of chicago. cook county has the
highest taxes in the country. then some one suggested i was converting
to the republican party and i had a laugh. its was more putting some
laughter on a dule friday. yes my mother is deceased, and if i did
convert yes she would strike me down LOL , but my great grand father
would be pleased because our family were republican from slavery till
truman. remember lincoln was a republican who freed the slaves. please
don't get mad at me, i'm still a liberal but when it comes to illegals
i'm still mad at the mexican president telling us that we need illegals
to do jobs that blacks will not do.

So i guess i was a a@@ hole for a day!!!
remember i said illegals!!!!!!
Jeff Evanston (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:38 PM)

I see no good coming from digging up 40 year old cases,verification of
facts will be impossible and racists acusations from both sides of the
issue will turn any legal action into a meaningless farce, the past
can't be changed we need to move forward and do what is best for all
Americas citizens now. MK,MO (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:43 PM)

Justice Scalia's reference to the "ugly racial violence of the 1960's"
is rearing its ugly head again. Many of the new ultra-conservatives
taking over the RepubliKaln Party are once again snorting the cocaine of
the Theology of Segregationism that directly led to much of the 1960's
racial violence. Just read "Politics and Religion in the White South",
published in 2005. Many of the tenets of the Neo-Conservative Movement,
fostered by Beck and Limbaugh, are clearly based on the theology of the
fundamentalist christian movement, which is built solidly on the
teachings of Segregationist Theology. That's why the violent rhetoric
and complete demonization of political opponents - it's the
neo-conservative, fundamentalist christian way. DianeR PCFL (Sent
Monday, November 02, 2009 12:49 PM)

Well really since you have these Palin's Limbaugh, Beck's and some more
who dn't not just support our President but hate him and sprew evi codes
into society all crime's against white or blacks or anyother hate crimes
should get consideration yet the racial ones seem to be the front
runner's now we will never totally close the book's but beingmindful
might save lives oneday. Ivoted (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:50
PM)

Well really since you have these Palin's Limbaugh, Beck's and some more
who dn't not just support our President but hate him and sprew evi codes
into society all crime's against white or blacks or anyother hate crimes
should get consideration yet the racial ones seem to be the front
runner's now we will never totally close the book's but beingmindful
might save lives oneday. Ivoted (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:50
PM)

Where there mistaken is... 'ugly racial violence' is NOT only something
associated with the 1960's... it continues well into the present! Feisty
Redhead Roselle, IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:15 AM)

Yes, clearly evident when the New Black Panthers threatened people and
brandished weapons at polling places during the recent elections. But
Holder and Obama did not think it was a problem. Double Standard Dems
(Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:52 PM)

its was more putting some laughter on a dule friday.
yes my mother is deceased, and if i did convert yes she would strike me
down LOL , but my great grand father would be pleased because our family
were republican from slavery till truman. remember lincoln was a
republican who freed the slaves. please don't get mad at me, i'm still a
liberal but when it comes to illegals i'm still mad at the mexican
president telling us that we need illegals to do jobs that blacks will
not do.

So i guess i was a a@@ hole for a day!!!
remember i said illegals!!!!!! Jeff Evanston (Sent Monday, November 02,
2009 12:38 PM)

That someone was me... I tried to respond but I don't think it got
through.

I had saw you said illegals, my point was that the immigration system
was broke, and does not allow for the amount of inflow we have right
now. Besides, companies aren't being held responsible for these
workers. If there isn't a demand for illegals, they won't come. And
that demand is not just in our social services.

I agree that what the mexican president said is absolutely idiotic, and
he doesn't understand the struggles in this country.

And Yes Lincoln was a great Republican, that started the process of
freedom in this country, but it was the work of democrats Kennedy and
Johnson that actually made his words count. Greg P. NW Indiana (Sent
Monday, November 02, 2009 12:54 PM)

eagle1776 (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:09 PM)
eagle,

I may disagree with you on alot of things, but I completely agree with
your assessment of the 60s racial tensions. Having lived all over this
country, I've learned that EVERY racial group in America (usually
smaller groups within each race) has people who try to preserve racial
divisions and attitudes of dominance. It happens everywhere, not just
the south. Until individuals decide to leave the past perspectives in
the past and learn from the ignorance of it -- these aspects of the past
will remain alive and well. Greg in WA (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009
12:56 PM)

please don't get mad at me, i'm still a liberal but when it comes to
illegals i'm still mad at the mexican president telling us that we need
illegals to do jobs that blacks will not do

Jeff Evanston (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 12:38 PM)
_______________

Whoops! I stand corrected... the thing that threw me was when you said
you were converting... lol lol lol...

And I could NEVER be 'mad' at ya! Just cause we're libbies doesn't mean
we march lock step!

Keep up the great work! :0)
Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 1:04 PM)

I love the blame bush apologists on here...for 8 years they blamed
everything bad that happened on bush's watch on Clinton and now they
want to blame Obama...gee I guess bush and the republicans were just
great and blameless during their 8 years of out of control spending and
flag waving... Georgie shrubster (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 1:15
PM)

Don't buy the hype. Obama is the token poster boy for the DNC and the
Chicago political machine. That's why HE can't make a decision now.
People are waiting to pull his strings. You don't get that feeling with
a true leader. Don't get me wrong, he's got some good qualities but he's
being controlled like NO other president has been before. Marcus D.,
Chicago (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 11:54 AM)

You mean George W. Bush; you see, he was selected by the far right wing
nuts of the Republican Party in 2000; him being as stupid as he is, and
with the name recognition, was a perfect choke for the nut jobs in
2000!!

Being a nut case himself, made it all the better for the repubs!!

You didn't figure out long ago Cheney and his ilk begged Georgie to run
because he had the perfect resume?? Stupid, wing nut, name recognition!!
And little Georgie went along with it all, of course, because his IQ
hovers around 90!! His Daddy should have pulled him aside and said,
"Son, I allowed you to destroy a baseball team that was given to you; I
allowed you to destroy every business you owned, but I'll have to draw
the line at getting you into the White House!!"

Pam, San Pedro, California (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 1:36 PM)

This is no difference than when they find a black person who committed
a crime of old but the murder statue is always open on the a old black
crime a man from Martinville Va got locked up about 2 years ago I thin
for missing a court date maybe 30 years earlier and we do have America's
most wanted who seem never to give up or just put the shoe on another
races foot and see what you will get so kep it real . Ivoted (Sent
Monday, November 02, 2009 1:37 PM)

I love the blame bush apologists on here...for 8 years they blamed
everything bad that happened on bush's watch on Clinton and now they
want to blame Obama...gee I guess bush and the republicans were just
great and blameless during their 8 years of out of control spending and
flag waving... Georgie shrubster (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 1:15
PM)

You're so right; the right refused to get rid of those eight track
players and buy an I-Pod!! Everything was Bill Clinton's fault, unless
they could throw Jimmy Carter in their every now and then!!

Polly wanna talking point? It's all Bill Clinton's fault!!

The repubs are still blaming Bill Clinton for everything - it won't ever
stop with these nut jobs!!

Don't you know, it was Bill Clinton that convinced Adam to take the
apple from Eve, after all - LOL!! Pam, San Pedro, California (Sent
Monday, November 02, 2009 1:39 PM)

Riggins Walton, MD- Racism is at it's highest level in many years thanks
to the liberals. Even the president has let it slip out and if you
listen to black radio stations you hear the racial jokes and cuts on a
daily basis. Tune in sometime and hear what's going on. The division is
greater than ever. I heard one this morning on a black radio station a
piece saying that Obama and family dressed up like "poor white folks"
for Halloween. The laughter went on and on. See the impact and the
racial intensity? /////////// Are you kidding me? You turned on one
station. You heard one joke! Do you listen to Rush's vitriol everyday
that is paid for with MY advertising dollars? Do you read the names that
people call OUR President even on this site? And what pray tell did
President Obama let "slip out"? But, it's the liberals fault, ok....
You call the racial divide greater than ever, yup it might be. Those
with closet feelings got torn out of the closet when we elected
President Obama. They never thought in their life time a man of color
would be President! Why do you think there is all this tea bag
silliness! These things went on for 8 years of Bush, not a peep. But NOW
their upset! Please. The reason for so much racial discourse is now
people are called on it! You guys don't like that, nope, not in the
least. Try the truth (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 2:06 PM)

Double Standard Dems -Yes, clearly evident when the New Black Panthers
threatened people and brandished weapons at polling places during the
recent elections. But Holder and Obama did not think it was a
problem.****************** If you watched the tape, the didn't threaten
anyone. Secondly they were arrested or asked to leave within minutes.
Guess though that is worse than the first Presidency Bush was GIVEN when
my retired school teacher mother was told in Florida she was a convicted
felon and couldn't vote, then told she was at the wrong voting site all
before they found out she was a volunteer! You had people of color
running all over Florida attempting to vote! They attempted it this past
election, but Democrats were ready for it this time. Much to the dismay
of the Republicans! Try the truth (Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 2:13
PM)

The Hate Crime Bill was attached to a military bill. That is the way
that the CommieCrats do things. Talk about Hate Crimes........how bout
the killings in Chicago. Did whites kill the black student, huh? How
bout the gang rape in CA, was the girl white? When was the last white
on black killing in the south? How bout everyday that black young men
carjack and invade homes of whites. We have had two events in NC
recently where black thugs invaded a home and the homeowner fought back
and wounded or killed the home invader. One homeowner was black and the
other was white. Best defense against home invasion is a loaded pump
action 12 gauge shotgun loaded with slugs. Don Pruitt, China Grove, NC
(Sent Monday, November 02, 2009 2:18 PM)

--
Nancy Pelosi, Democrat criminal, accessory before and after the fact to
Rangel's tax evasion.