Meg Whitman Concedes That No One Likes Her

Twitchell

Oct 25, 2010, 12:28:29 PM10/25/10
http://gawker.com/5672659/meg-whitman-concedes-that-no-one-likes-her <---video

California gubernatorial candidate and average mom Meg Whitman has spent $140+
million of her own money to... still be trailing Jerry Brown a week before
election day. And here, in her last commercial, she concedes that no one likes
her.

Whitman, who was neck-and-neck with Brown until about a month ago, is now
desperate. The most recent Los Angeles Times poll shows her trailing Brown by 13
percentage points. That is not a good number of points by which to be trailing.

So here's Whitman's last pitch, in which she levels with voters: "I know many of
you see this election as an unhappy choice betwen a longtime politician with no
plan for the future and a billionaire with no government experience."

Then she explains that you should vote for the inexperienced billionaire anyway.
On the good side, we get to see cute childhood photos of her little darlings!

When will she just straight-up pay for votes? Barrels of cash, parachuting from
the sky, while she sobs in her helicopter. This is destined to be Meg Whitman's
final act.

Wull

Oct 25, 2010, 2:21:40 PM10/25/10

"Twitchell" <Twitchel...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

What she says must be true if she actually does lose the election. I don't
know if she is a good choice if she spent that much money for a thankless
job. If the electorate in California do choose Jerry Brown, they deserve
him. California will probably disintegrate even more.

Wull

Wull

Oct 25, 2010, 2:48:07 PM10/25/10

"Wull" <wma...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
I have to hurry and change do to does before the AGC police get too excited
over a miss-statement.

Wull

Message has been deleted

Kris Baker

Oct 25, 2010, 5:15:21 PM10/25/10

"comadrejo" <comadr...@mac.com> wrote in message
> In article <ia4hrm$8de$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

> "Wull" <wma...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> If the electorate in California do choose Jerry Brown, they deserve
>> him. California will probably disintegrate even more.
>
> Whomever becomes the next governor of California is going to have a very
> thankless job. There has to be a combo of massive budget cuts and
> taxes. I wouldn't be surprise if Proposition 13 is revisited as well.

Warren Buffett told Arnold that was the major problem,
and Arnold wouldn't listen. After all, that was "raising
taxes".

But it has to go.

Kris

Message has been deleted

Kris Baker

Oct 25, 2010, 5:49:21 PM10/25/10

> In article <8imab7...@mid.individual.net>,
> It is sort of like cutting social security on the national stage.
> Given that Seniors who had homes pre prop 13, circa 1978 will fight any
> repealing of it, tooth and nail. There has been inklings in the past of
> tinkering with it. Any tinkering with Prop. 13 is pretty much political
> suicide for any party.
>
> I don't why anyone wants to be Governor of California at this moment, it
> is going to be a very thankless job.
>
> It is also unfair for anyone buying homes post 1978, because their
> property tax burden is much higher than those pre 1978, or those who
> transfer their title to another home.

That's what you get, when a state is "run by the people" (ie,
propositions) regardless of the ability to pay for them.

Buffett was shocked to pay more taxes on his home in
Omaha, than his in LA -- and he bought it long after 1978.

Kris

Will

Oct 25, 2010, 6:48:00 PM10/25/10

"Kris Baker" <paralle...@ggmail.com> wrote in message

It isn't even really "the people", it is whatever special interest group or
groups that worke the hardest to get votes out to either pass the
proposition or kill it.

Message has been deleted

Kris Baker

Oct 25, 2010, 8:48:42 PM10/25/10

"Will" <wi...@will.net> wrote in message

Oil, health, insurance, bankers.

Kris

Big J

Oct 25, 2010, 9:14:28 PM10/25/10
"Kris Baker" <paralle...@ggmail.com> wrote in

Mormons

Big J

-----

Kris Baker

Oct 25, 2010, 9:39:41 PM10/25/10

"Big J" <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

Secret handshakes.

Font of All Important Info

Oct 26, 2010, 9:07:06 PM10/26/10
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:14:28 -0500, Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> felt
compelled by mysterious forces to say:

you have too many "M"s in there.

...a pistol-hot cup of Dez...

"Chef of chicanery, your buns are mine!"
--the Tick

Big J

Oct 26, 2010, 11:58:51 PM10/26/10
Font of All Important Info <dez...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in