Marlon Brando Wanted To Be On QVC!

Twitchell

Dec 30, 2008, 7:57:27 PM12/30/08
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/archives/2008/12/marlon_brando_w.php

It's true, people: Two-time Oscar winner Marlon Brando was desperate to sell
stuff on QVC, according to a new book by his aide, Alice Marchak. Could you just
gag? This is the first real shocker since Madonna wrote a children's book!

Marchak swears that shortly before his death in 2004, Brando was anxious to go
on the call-in shopping channel because he had only $9,000 left in his size 90
pockets. He even met with a network executive, though for whatever reason, the
gig didn't work out (as opposed to Sir Laurence Olivier's Polaroid commercial,
which DID surface, blurring the line between highbrow and low culture for all
time.)

But what on earth could Brando have sold?

*His Oscars?

*Attitude?

*Caftans?

*Food? (Nah, he'd never part with that.)

Any ideas?

Taylor

Dec 30, 2008, 8:08:16 PM12/30/08
On Dec 30, 7:57 pm, Twitchell <Twitchell_mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/archives/2008/12/marlon_bran...

But unlike the cast of Disney Channel's "That's So Raven!", they
couldn't get enough forklifts together to get him into the studio.....

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10prq4l&s=4

BD

Dec 30, 2008, 9:05:25 PM12/30/08

"Taylor" <lukeb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Dec 30, 7:57 pm, Twitchell <Twitchell_mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/archives/2008/12/marlon_bran...
>
> It's true, people: Two-time Oscar winner Marlon Brando was desperate to
> sell
> stuff on QVC, according to a new book by his aide, Alice Marchak. Could
> you just
> gag? This is the first real shocker since Madonna wrote a children's book!
>
> Marchak swears that shortly before his death in 2004, Brando was anxious
> to go
> on the call-in shopping channel because he had only $9,000 left in his
> size 90
> pockets. He even met with a network executive, though for whatever reason,
> the
> gig didn't work out (as opposed to Sir Laurence Olivier's Polaroid
> commercial,
> which DID surface, blurring the line between highbrow and low culture for
> all
> time.)
>
> But what on earth could Brando have sold?
>
> *His Oscars?
>
> *Attitude?
>
> *Caftans?
>
> *Food? (Nah, he'd never part with that.)
>
> Any ideas?

who cares? stop posting TMZ. Do you have an original thought of your own

Taylor

Dec 31, 2008, 12:03:59 AM12/31/08
On Dec 30, 9:05 pm, "BD" <no...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Taylor" <lukebenw...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> who cares?  stop posting TMZ. Do you have an original thought of your own- Hide quoted text -

You're an idiot. Does it SAY TMZ? Would you rather see necon rants
from Clay or "Get the 4th season DVD set of 'Small Wonder' at 25%
www._________.com!" spam? Get lost. This is *totally* TV-related. QVC
is a shop-at-home cable TELEVISION channel.

CliffB

Dec 31, 2008, 12:18:46 AM12/31/08

Brando on QVC: "So, Susan Lucci will move against you first. She'll
set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust, like Suzanne
Somers, guaranteeing your safety and at that meeting you'll be
strangled with a Thighmaster. I like to drink wine more than I used
to. Anyway, I'm drinking more..........."

CliffB

Dec 31, 2008, 12:26:17 AM12/31/08
On Dec 30, 8:08 pm, Taylor <lukebenw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 30, 7:57 pm, Twitchell <Twitchell_mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>

> >http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/archives/2008/12/marlon_bran...
>
> > It's true, people: Two-time Oscar winner Marlon Brando was desperate to sell
> > stuff on QVC, according to a new book by his aide, Alice Marchak. Could you just
> > gag? This is the first real shocker since Madonna wrote a children's book!
>
> > Marchak swears that shortly before his death in 2004, Brando was anxious to go
> > on the call-in shopping channel because he had only $9,000 left in his size 90
> > pockets. He even met with a network executive, though for whatever reason, the
> > gig didn't work out (as opposed to Sir Laurence Olivier's Polaroid commercial,
> > which DID surface, blurring the line between highbrow and low culture for all
> > time.)
>
> > But what on earth could Brando have sold?
>
> > *His Oscars?
>
> > *Attitude?
>
> > *Caftans?
>
> > *Food? (Nah, he'd never part with that.)
>
> > Any ideas?

Brando on QVC: "So, Susan Lucci will move against you first. She'll

set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust, like Suzanne
Somers, guaranteeing your safety and at that meeting you'll be

strangled with a ThighMaster™. I like to drink wine more than I used

to. Anyway, I'm drinking more.........."

David

Dec 31, 2008, 2:05:03 AM12/31/08
I have an idea for a tv show called "Obese Mumbler." It'll be like
"The Dog Whisperer" but a guy listening to peoples stomachs.

Hunter

Jan 6, 2009, 8:03:59 PM1/6/09
In article <aa4f8814-9a0f-46fb-9595-
4b5527...@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, lukeb...@gmail.com
says...
---
Too bad, he could've been a contender.
--
----->Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907