Roma Downey on the brink of collapse

PUSSSYKATT

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
STAR MAGAZINE...

TV Angel Roma Downey has plunged into deep despair because actor boyfriend
Michael Nouri refuses to leave his gravely ill wife for her, sources say.
Wheelchair-bound Vickie has given her husband Michael permission to see other
women.

The stress of her hopeless affair with Nouri, star of the 1983 movie
Flashdance, has upset Roma so much she's lost 14 pounds. In addition, sources
say her Touched by an Angel castmate Della Reese disapproves of the
relationship, and a friend fears Roma is on the verge of a physical and
emotional collapse.

"She can hardly eat and it seems like she can't even concentrate on work
anymore," says a friend.

"She desperately wants to marry Michael and he wants to be with her, too. But
he's too loyal to abandon his wife Vickie, who is in a wheelchair.

"It's a very sad situation."

Nouri's wife Vickie suffers from the nervous-system disorder multiple sclerosis
and, amazingly, has given her husband, 54, permission to see other women.

"Michael's told me about his relationship with Roma -- in fact, he tells me all
about the women he sees," she confides. "He has my blessing to have a happy,
normal sex life."

But sources say Roma, 37, who divorced hubby David Anspaugh in 1998, wants a
wedding ring -- something Nouri's not prepared to give.

"Michael says he'll never leave his wife Vickie for me," a distraught Roma told
a friend.

The actress' despair has affected her work, say sources, and strained her
relationship with close friend and real-life preacher Della, 68.

"When Roma gets to work it looks like she's been crying," says the source. And
to make matters worse, the source says, a rift has developed between Roma and
Della.

"Ever since Roma and Michael got together there's been a wall between her and
Della. Della's very religious and doesn't approve of anyone messing with
another person's spouse. The tension is really thick on the set."

Insiders say Roma is so obsessed with Michael that she has a woman standing by
on the set at all times holding her cell phone, just in case he calls. And Roma
will immediately take any calls from him, even if she's in the middle of a
scene.

"That's not like her," says the insider. "She is always such a professional."

When Roma gets home, she just sits by the phone.

"She just waits for him, crying herself to sleep," says a friend. "When he does
call, it's always at the last minute. Then he expects Roma to drop everything
and fly off to be with him."

The situation has been going on for months, but lately Roma's emotional and
physical health has taken a turn for the worse, says one source.

"I've never seen a woman so messed up by a man," says one concerned friend.

Says another pal: "Friends have been staying with her, spending the night,
trying to take care of her the best they can.

"Roma's in a lot of pain and she doesn't know where to turn. She keeps telling
everyone that things will be OK when she marries Michael, but that's not going
to happen and she knows it.

"It's awful watching her waste away like this."

Worried that Roma isn't eating properly, a source says friends even bring food
over to her house, but it always seems to go untouched.

Roma manages to make sure that her daughter, Reilly Marie, 3, is well fed, a
pal says. But the doting mom appears to conveniently forget to feed herself,
says a source.

"I'm worried about Roma," an insider confides. "If she doesn't pull herself
together and start eating, I'm afraid she's heading for a breakdown."

SEND EMAIL TO PUSSS...@aol.com

AGC FAQ and FUN STUFF
http://members.aol.com/pusssykatt/agcfaq.html

Michele317

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
<< TV Angel Roma Downey has plunged into deep despair because actor boyfriend
Michael Nouri refuses to leave his gravely ill wife for her, sources say.
Wheelchair-bound Vickie has given her husband Michael permission to see other
women.

(snip)

"She desperately wants to marry Michael and he wants to be with her, too. But
he's too loyal to abandon his wife Vickie, who is in a wheelchair.

Nouri's wife Vickie suffers from the nervous-system disorder multiple sclerosis

and, amazingly, has given her husband, 54, permission to see other women.

"Michael's told me about his relationship with Roma -- in fact, he tells me all
about the women he sees," she confides.>>

so roma thinks he'll marry her, while the wife knows about "all the women he
sees"? didn't roma divorce her own sick husband a few years ago? did these
people see 'breaking the waves'?

Billie

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>>so roma thinks he'll marry her, while the wife knows about "all the
>>women he sees"? didn't roma divorce her own sick husband a few years
>>ago? did these people see 'breaking the waves'?

Okay...can Roma continue being an angel...isn't she breaking a commandment?

Billie...just playing with ya!

~Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.~