Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!

jen

Sep 27, 2003, 9:51:16 AM9/27/03
Me thinks the man needs to do some sit-ups.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003443368,00.html

Calvinwiggs

Sep 27, 2003, 10:06:50 AM9/27/03
>Subject: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: "jen" jsn...@mindspring.com
>Date: 9/27/03 9:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time

>Me thinks the man needs to do some sit-ups.
>
>http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003443368,00.html

Disagree...for 61 I hope one day I look like that.

nimue

Sep 27, 2003, 10:13:47 AM9/27/03
jen wrote:
> Me thinks the man needs to do some sit-ups.
>
> http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003443368,00.html

Are you kidding? He's 61, for chrissakes! What is he supposed to look
like -- a 22 year old bodybuilder? What is wrong with people and their
fascist beauty standards nowadays?

--
nimue

"Because the thing about the Nerds, what made them so appealing, was
that not only are they underdogs, they are underdogs who accept other
underdogs unconditionally. And that speaks volumes to people."

Curtis Armstrong

"I don't understand why you don't want to see more of Spike. More
Spike makes everything better. Spike, Spike, Spike, wonderful Spike."
Clairel

"There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
smoking." Principal Snyder

tsruble

Sep 27, 2003, 10:22:27 AM9/27/03
"jen" <jsn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Me thinks the man needs to do some sit-ups.
>
> http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003443368,00.html

Reminds me of that picture of Clinton and Hillary dancing on the beach.

Sara

Sep 27, 2003, 10:35:49 AM9/27/03
nimue wrote:

>jen wrote:
>

>>Me thinks the man needs to do some sit-ups.
>>
>>http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003443368,00.html
>>

>Are you kidding? He's 61, for chrissakes! What is he supposed to look
>like -- a 22 year old bodybuilder? What is wrong with people and their
>fascist beauty standards nowadays?

Oh people are such hypocrites. If someone is thin and in shape--they're
called anorexic and vain. If they age without plastic surgery, they are
criticized for their sags and bags. If they get plastic surgery, they
are criticized for that. I just finished watching Paul McCartney's Red
Square special and he looks and sounds great for his age. He should be
commended for his charity towards the orphans and music students he
visited, and also for what he's given the people of Russia emotionally.
Personally, I prefer men who aren't overly concerned with working out
and looking buff--whose interests lean toward the creative and intellectual.

mc

Sep 27, 2003, 10:54:58 AM9/27/03
Oh come on, that's not that bad, esp. for an old guy.

MC
Keeper of Giovanni Ribisi and Dennis Farina!

Quatorzejames

Sep 27, 2003, 4:35:47 PM9/27/03
<< What is wrong with people and their
fascist beauty standards nowadays?

my mother says they hate themselves.

Liz

Sep 27, 2003, 4:36:51 PM9/27/03

"jen" <jsn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Me thinks the man needs to do some sit-ups.
>
> http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003443368,00.html

He looks like a normal 61 year old guy with a middle age tummy. Nothing
scary about that.
Liz

MC

Sep 27, 2003, 4:51:05 PM9/27/03
In article <Dxmdb.76531$gV.4...@news2.central.cox.net>,
"Liz" <no...@nowhere.net> wrote:

> > Me thinks the man needs to do some sit-ups.
> >
> > http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003443368,00.html
>
> He looks like a normal 61 year old guy with a middle age tummy. Nothing
> scary about that.

Exactly -- he looks a whole lot better with his shirt off than most men
his age.

Ch78247123

Sep 27, 2003, 4:56:48 PM9/27/03
He looks like a normal 61 year old man....and 61 year old men should do the
world a favor and leave their shirts on in a public park.....imagine the
gasp-worthy reaction if a 61 year old woman appeared in park weaing a a bikini
top...and she "looked her age" ?

in the top pic he looks like he's about as pregnant as his wife...

mslinda

Sep 27, 2003, 5:40:07 PM9/27/03

Good points. Weren't we all horrified enough by a shirtless Keith
Richards on the cover of Rolling Stone?

Linda C.

Calvinwiggs

Sep 27, 2003, 5:49:43 PM9/27/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: Sara safra...@rr.com
>Date: 9/27/03 10:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time

You hit the nail on the head.

Tattoo Vampire

Sep 27, 2003, 7:08:34 PM9/27/03
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:56:48 +0000, Ch78247123 wrote:

> He looks like a normal 61 year old man....and 61 year old men should do
> the
> world a favor and leave their shirts on in a public park.....imagine the
> gasp-worthy reaction if a 61 year old woman appeared in park weaing a a
> bikini top...and she "looked her age" ?

So, only young men with an athletic build should be allowed to go
shirtless in the park? And only young women should wear a bikini top to
the park?

jen

Sep 27, 2003, 7:18:37 PM9/27/03
"Tattoo Vampire" <sit...@this.machine> wrote in message

Yes.

jen

Sep 27, 2003, 7:20:40 PM9/27/03
"Calvinwiggs" <calvi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ok so he looks fine for his age...still doesn't mean he looks good
shirtless. My mother looks good for her age (62) but I wouldn't want to see
her in a bikini any time soon.

Tattoo Vampire

Sep 27, 2003, 7:29:12 PM9/27/03
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:18:37 +0000, jen wrote:

>> So, only young men with an athletic build should be allowed to go
>> shirtless in the park? And only young women should wear a bikini top to
>> the park?
>
> Yes.

If you really feel that way, you have my sympathy.

Tattoo Vampire

Sep 27, 2003, 7:30:24 PM9/27/03
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:20:40 +0000, jen wrote:

> Ok so he looks fine for his age...still doesn't mean he looks good
> shirtless. My mother looks good for her age (62) but I wouldn't want to see
> her in a bikini any time soon.

But she has every right in the world to wear one if she chooses. If
McCartney wants to run around the park shirtless, who cares? If he looks
that horrible, don't look at him.

Ch78247123

Sep 27, 2003, 7:48:35 PM9/27/03
>>> So, only young men with an athletic build should be allowed to go
>>> shirtless in the park? And only young women should wear a bikini top to
>>> the park?
>>
>> Yes.
>
>If you really feel that way, you have my sympathy

Yes...people of certain age would do well to have a little modesty when in a
public place like a park....a beach or swimming pool it maybe more socially
acceptable (but no less disgusting to look at) and yes I do excercise my option
to look away if that is viable one....
You wanna see some unpleasant displays of shirtless men with flabby pecs (or
man breasts whatever you call them) and beer guts....go sit in the bleachers at
Wrigley Field for a Cubs game in July......I'm sorry most of them still looked
gross even after copious amounts of alcohol .....ewwwwwwwwww sweaty shirtless
flabby old men....yuck yuck yuck.........( thanks for the sympathy by the way)

NTANTIQUES

Sep 27, 2003, 8:01:34 PM9/27/03

>> > He looks like a normal 61 year old man....and 61 year old men should do
>> > the
>> > world a favor and leave their shirts on in a public park.....imagine the
>> > gasp-worthy reaction if a 61 year old woman appeared in park weaing a a
>> > bikini top...and she "looked her age" ?
>>
>> So, only young men with an athletic build should be allowed to go
>> shirtless in the park? And only young women should wear a bikini top to
>> the park?

>Yes.

You must be very young...better start saving for that lipo and lift now or you
just won't be able to cope in a few years when you're less than perfection.
You know what I see in those photos? One happy and secure mega star who
managed to come through the better part of 40 years as a music icon with his
priorities intact spending a laid back day with the woman he loves. In my book
that beats heck out of some kid with washboard abs struttin' with his baggy
cargo pants creeping down his butt.

NT

HudsonGrl

Sep 27, 2003, 8:38:21 PM9/27/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: "jen" jsn...@mindspring.com
>Date: 9/27/2003 6:18 PM Central Standard Time
>

>> So, only young men with an athletic build should be allowed to go
>> shirtless in the park? And only young women should wear a bikini top to
>> the park?
>
>Yes.

ditto!! if you don't look good, keep your clothes on in public. i can't stand
seeing middle aged women wear bikinis when they do NOT have the body. it's
just gross.

Hudson (who *is* a middle aged woman and knows what she is talking about on
this one! )

HudsonGrl

Sep 27, 2003, 8:40:31 PM9/27/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: ntant...@aol.comnoQspam (NTANTIQUES)
>Date: 9/27/2003 7:01 PM Central Standard Time

it isn't a matter of being perfect. it's a matter of good taste. if you are
flabby and fat, please keep it covered. and no, i am not young. i am middle
aged and quite thin. but, i know when it is time to quit wearing a two piece
swimsuit.

Hudson

HudsonGrl

Sep 27, 2003, 8:41:27 PM9/27/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: "jen" jsn...@mindspring.com
>Date: 9/27/2003 6:20 PM Central Standard Time
>

>Ok so he looks fine for his age...still doesn't mean he looks good
>shirtless. My mother looks good for her age (62) but I wouldn't want to see
>her in a bikini any time soon.

exactly. Paul looks great for his age. but keep the shirt on, please.

Hudson

HudsonGrl

Sep 27, 2003, 8:42:55 PM9/27/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: Tattoo Vampire sit...@this.machine
>Date: 9/27/2003 6:30 PM Central Standard Time

>> Ok so he looks fine for his age...still doesn't mean he looks good
>> shirtless. My mother looks good for her age (62) but I wouldn't want to
>see
>> her in a bikini any time soon.
>

>But she has every right in the world to wear one if she chooses. If
>McCartney wants to run around the park shirtless, who cares? If he looks
>that horrible, don't look at him.

no one said he didn't have the *right* to go shirtless. but, hopefully, he'd
have the common sense not to ;-)

Hudson

Christin

Sep 27, 2003, 9:25:54 PM9/27/03
"HudsonGrl" <huds...@aol.com> wrote in message
> >From: "jen" jsn...@mindspring.com

> >Ok so he looks fine for his age...still doesn't mean he looks good
> >shirtless. My mother looks good for her age (62) but I wouldn't want to
see
> >her in a bikini any time soon.
> >

> exactly. Paul looks great for his age. but keep the shirt on, please.

He looks wonderful to me, and darn it if he doesn't look happy. I don't
care if he's shirtless or whatever, he's Paul McCartney! Let him frolic
about with the pregnant wife if he wants, he's not hurting anyone. At least
she's not shirtless, ya know?

Christin
~~AGC keeper of the whole darned cast of TS and in love with Sir Paul since
1975!

---

HudsonGrl

Sep 27, 2003, 9:51:13 PM9/27/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: "Christin" chri...@columbus.rr.commerce
>Date: 9/27/2003 8:25 PM Central Standard Time

>> exactly. Paul looks great for his age. but keep the shirt on, please.
>

>He looks wonderful to me, and darn it if he doesn't look happy. I don't
>care if he's shirtless or whatever, he's Paul McCartney! Let him

>rolic

>about with the pregnant wife if he wants, he's not hurting anyone. At least
>she's not shirtless, ya know?

thank god for small favors. you got a point there ;-)

Hudson

SeaMe42

Sep 27, 2003, 10:31:58 PM9/27/03
IMO the part of this we are missing is..keep the lens caps on..not the shirts!

I do not say this against Paul but against those who intrude on his life. Too
bad he can't just be an old shirtless fart like other shirtless old farts and
never be seen by the rest of the world.

Ah..but that is what you get for going and being a world reknowned class A
Beatle :-)

km39497

Sep 28, 2003, 9:35:15 AM9/28/03

"Christin" <chri...@columbus.rr.commerce> wrote in message

> "HudsonGrl" <huds...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > >From: "jen" jsn...@mindspring.com
> > >
> > >Ok so he looks fine for his age...still doesn't mean he looks good
> > >shirtless. My mother looks good for her age (62) but I wouldn't want
> see
> > >her in a bikini any time soon.
> > >

> > exactly. Paul looks great for his age. but keep the shirt on, please.
>

> He looks wonderful to me, and darn it if he doesn't look happy. I don't
> care if he's shirtless or whatever, he's Paul McCartney! Let him frolic
> about with the pregnant wife if he wants, he's not hurting anyone. At
least
> she's not shirtless, ya know?

Thank goodness for that. The part I don't get is all these celebs doing all
this frolic-ing in public. There's always some picture of them making out,
embracing, dancing, etc. to be captured by the long lens. I'm happily
married and so are most of my friends. I don't go around spontaneously
kissing in public. I don't roll around on the beach with my husband and my
friends don't break out into dancing at the park. Oh, and for the informal
poll, put me down for keeping the shirt on, please. If he wants to hang
around half naked, he can go do it at one of his many estates behind the
hedges. I like the guy, and I'm middle aged myself. There are lots of
things that are "natural" that I just don't need to see.

MC

Sep 28, 2003, 9:43:02 AM9/28/03
In article <bl6o33$6gn$1...@ins22.netins.net>,
"km39497" <krei...@nospamforme.com> wrote:

> > He looks wonderful to me, and darn it if he doesn't look happy. I don't
> > care if he's shirtless or whatever, he's Paul McCartney! Let him frolic
> > about with the pregnant wife if he wants, he's not hurting anyone. At
> least
> > she's not shirtless, ya know?
> >

> Thank goodness for that. The part I don't get is all these celebs doing all
> this frolic-ing in public. There's always some picture of them making out,
> embracing, dancing, etc. to be captured by the long lens. I'm happily
> married and so are most of my friends. I don't go around spontaneously
> kissing in public. I don't roll around on the beach with my husband and my
> friends don't break out into dancing at the park. Oh, and for the informal
> poll, put me down for keeping the shirt on, please. If he wants to hang
> around half naked, he can go do it at one of his many estates behind the
> hedges. I like the guy, and I'm middle aged myself. There are lots of
> things that are "natural" that I just don't need to see.

Then don't look!

LADYAUSSIEFAN

Sep 28, 2003, 1:23:27 PM9/28/03
>ditto!! if you don't look good, keep your clothes on in public. i can't stand
>seeing middle aged women wear bikinis when they do NOT have the body. it's
>just gross.
>
>Hudson (who *is* a middle aged woman and knows what she is talking about on
>this one! )

I think Paul can do whatever the heck he wants to do, if he wants to shirtless
it's fine with me! I don't give one flying fig one way or the other!

Candy
Truth
BEAUTY
That is all ye know on earth
and all ye need to know
-John Keats

PattyC

Sep 28, 2003, 3:09:39 PM9/28/03
*We* get almost hostile when people who don't fit the "image" of what's good
and perfect (which pretty much confines everything to those 16 to 30 years
of age, and, of course, ONLY those who are super thin....). Tell them to
get out of sight or put on their shirts. What I find unreal is that NO ONE
seems to object to these artificial limits on what IS or IS NOT beautiful.

*I* think it's beautiful that Paul McCartney (despite the fact *I* may not
be crazy about his woman) is "in love" and wanting to dance in the garden
with his lover. WHO says there is somewhere we all need to check in with
our proper trim abdomens, firm breasts, etc.? Maybe the real problem is
that people don't look at ANY people and say that look is also OK.

I don't get WHY young and thin are the only looks that are accepted as OK
for public consumption. Since we are many and different, and not ALL are
young and thin, why don't we all just get used to seeing PEOPLE instead of
"images of perfection?"

PattyC

E Varden

Sep 28, 2003, 3:47:52 PM9/28/03
PattyC wrote:

.
.
.
.

.

> *I* think it's beautiful that Paul McCartney (despite the fact *I* may not
> be crazy about his woman) is "in love" and wanting to dance in the garden
> with his lover. WHO says there is somewhere we all need to check in with
> our proper trim abdomens, firm breasts, etc.? Maybe the real problem is
> that people don't look at ANY people and say that look is also OK.
>
> I don't get WHY young and thin are the only looks that are accepted as OK
> for public consumption. Since we are many and different, and not ALL are
> young and thin, why don't we all just get used to seeing PEOPLE instead of
> "images of perfection?"

Well said, PattyC

Pe (The Imperfect; and still with a couple of lovers who are a hell
of a lot better-looking than I am...)

Sara

Sep 28, 2003, 3:52:14 PM9/28/03
PattyC wrote:

It has a lot to do with our society and the way it looks at bodies.
Then everyone wonders why young women are anorexic. Could it be it's
the emphasis on having a perfect body, or don't even bother wearing a
bathing suit? Europeans are much more accepting of baring bodies
without worrying about perfection. I've noticed on the beaches in Italy,
older women with very non-perfect bodies wearing bikinis and they are
totally umself-conscious about it. I thought it was a pretty healthy
attitude. The funny thing is there is such an obsession with good
bodies here and we have such a big problem with obesity (no pun intended).

HudsonGrl

Sep 28, 2003, 9:27:38 PM9/28/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: "PattyC" patty...@verizon.net
>Date: 9/28/2003 2:09 PM Central Standard Time

>I don't get WHY young and thin are the only looks that are accepted as OK
>for public consumption. Since we are many and different, and not ALL are
>young and thin, why don't we all just get used to seeing PEOPLE instead of
>"images of perfection?"

let's face it, we'd rather look at *pretty*, than ugly or fat. not saying it's
right, but it's basically true.

Hudson

PattyC

Sep 28, 2003, 9:48:50 PM9/28/03

"HudsonGrl" <huds...@aol.com> wrote in message

No, Hudson, YOU and some other rather narrow minded people would rather only
look at what you and some other rather narrow minded people call "pretty."
I (and some others) am more open to thinking a LOT of things are "pretty,"
including people who are just happy and being people. Even IF they are not
young or thin.

Things are only "ugly" if society deigns them so. *I* am saying it's
ridiculous to call a 62 year old man, who looks damn decent for his place in
life, "scary" just because he is not in the shape a 25 year old man usually
is. And NO, I don't think the older person needs to put on a shirt just
cause they are not 25. Maybe people would get less shocked by the looks of
one who is 62 if they actually saw a few more of those that age without
shirts!

PattyC

nimue

Sep 28, 2003, 10:06:45 PM9/28/03

I think the problem is that a person's worth is somehow tied in with her
physical appearance. It seems acceptable to ridicule people who don't fit
the stereotype of what is attractive -- to treat them as if they have
committed some sin. That is wrong. I don't know why people feel so
justified in attacking those who don't have the right look -- it seems to be
the last acceptable prejudice.

--
nimue

"Because the thing about the Nerds, what made them so appealing, was
that not only are they underdogs, they are underdogs who accept other
underdogs unconditionally. And that speaks volumes to people."

Curtis Armstrong

"I don't understand why you don't want to see more of Spike. More
Spike makes everything better. Spike, Spike, Spike, wonderful Spike."
Clairel

"There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
smoking." Principal Snyder

nimue

Sep 28, 2003, 10:13:41 PM9/28/03
PattyC wrote:
> "HudsonGrl" <huds...@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>>> From: "PattyC" patty...@verizon.net
>>> Date: 9/28/2003 2:09 PM Central Standard Time
>>

>>> I don't get WHY young and thin are the only looks that are accepted
>>> as OK for public consumption. Since we are many and different, and
>>> not ALL are young and thin, why don't we all just get used to
>>> seeing PEOPLE instead of "images of perfection?"
>>
>> let's face it, we'd rather look at *pretty*, than ugly or fat. not
>> saying it's right, but it's basically true.
>>
>> Hudson
>

> No, Hudson, YOU and some other rather narrow minded people would
> rather only look at what you and some other rather narrow minded
> people call "pretty."

Don't be too hard on Hudson.

>I (and some others) am more open to thinking a
> LOT of things are "pretty," including people who are just happy and
> being people. Even IF they are not young or thin.

I think a lot of things are pretty, too. I refuse to be limited by
society's narrow definition of beauty. I recently purchased some pins that
said, "Beauty Comes In All Sizes" and handed them out to some students and
teachers, too. You should have seen one of my student's face light up! Now
THAT was a beautiful moment. The advertizing industry has a vested interest
in making us believe we are only beautiful (and therefore worthy) if we are
young and thin. After all -- a lot of us aren't! If we are willing to
spend all kinds of money chasing this unattainable ideal -- all the better
for the beauty industry's bank account!

> Things are only "ugly" if society deigns them so. *I* am saying it's
> ridiculous to call a 62 year old man, who looks damn decent for his
> place in life, "scary" just because he is not in the shape a 25 year
> old man usually is.

I agree. He looks fine. It's cruel and stupid to say that a 62 year old
man who looks a man in his 60s is scary. Why are we scared of anything that
deviates from the young, fit ideal? I am scared of how narrow the
definition of beauty is. I am scared of how people equate beauty with
worth.

> And NO, I don't think the older person needs to
> put on a shirt just cause they are not 25.

I don't either -- unless it's cold out. ;-) Then the 25 year old should
have a shirt on, too!

>Maybe people would get
> less shocked by the looks of one who is 62 if they actually saw a few
> more of those that age without shirts!

You are obviously a very intellectual, thoughtful person. I like what you
have written.

> PattyC

Annie

Sep 28, 2003, 9:59:31 PM9/28/03
I think Heather is earning her money.
Annie

nimue

Sep 28, 2003, 10:22:27 PM9/28/03

Eh -- it just doesn't bother me. I work in a school. I see gorgeous young
girls who think they are fat and ugly and are crying about it every day.
THAT bothers me. Kids bullying other kids bothers me. That is what I
consider ugly. A happy older man who feels comfortable about not wearing
his shirt on a nice day -- doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I kind of get
a kick out his happiness and ease with his own body. You know, Hudson -- I
am 35. I was raised in a Free To Be You And Me, educated hippie kind of a
New York, East Coast, radical ideas open way. I think you are a bit older
than I am, and the slight generational and geographical difference between
us might explain our different views on this -- you know, different early
influences, and all that.

Ch78247123

Sep 28, 2003, 11:00:22 PM9/28/03
Oh now I think Paul was adorable and highly shagedelic in the 60's I mean he
was dreamy If I'd have been alive in the 60's I'd have been one of the little
tramps who hung out in front of his house all and night...but in HIS 60's
well...I'd need a several drinks before I'd do a bit of "how's your father?"
with him....A younger, very attractive woman like Heather didn't marry him for
his bod....I think it's possible she may have fell in love with him after
getting to know him....but the truth is she most likely wouldn't have thought
twice about having him as a sexual partner if he were a garbage man and not a
multi-millionaire rock legend adored by the world...sorry but that's the
truth...Doesn't mean she's vain or in love with herself....it's just that a
beautiful women in their 30's don't fall for oldies like Paul unless they have
money

PattyC

Sep 28, 2003, 11:15:27 PM9/28/03

"Ch78247123" <ch782...@aol.com> wrote in message

Well gee, I am so shocked to hear that.

PattyC

Ch78247123

Sep 28, 2003, 11:25:33 PM9/28/03
patty....did my sarcasm detector go off??

Well gee, I am so shocked to hear that.

Oh by the way most people who say beauty is only skin deep usually fat and ugly

PattyC

Sep 28, 2003, 11:58:49 PM9/28/03

"Ch78247123" <ch782...@aol.com> wrote in message

If you were being sarcastic, it didn't register. IN any case, I admit I am
fat & old, and therefore, per agc standards, ugly. HOWEVER, I held these
opinions when I was younger and more gorgeous.

PattyC

Brad St Clair

Sep 29, 2003, 3:11:09 AM9/29/03
Just as Heather's looking past Paul's gut, he's looking past her missing leg.
IMO theirs is not the typical rich guy, young babe scenario where both parties are shallow, selfish individuals.
They seem to be genuinely happy and in love with each other. God bless 'em.

HudsonGrl

Sep 29, 2003, 7:20:02 AM9/29/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: "PattyC" patty...@verizon.net
>Date: 9/28/2003 8:48 PM Central Standard Time

>No, Hudson, YOU and some other rather narrow minded people would rather only
>look at what you and some other rather narrow minded people call "pretty."

shirtless in public, yes.

>Things are only "ugly" if society deigns them so. *I* am saying it's
>ridiculous to call a 62 year old man, who looks damn decent for his place in
>life, "scary" just because he is not in the shape a 25 year old man usually

>is.

i never called him scary. go back and reread. i like Paul. in fact he has
always been my favorite Beatle. and he *is* in good shape for a 62 year old
man. but, i still would prefer not to see him shirtless.

Hudson

HudsonGrl

Sep 29, 2003, 7:22:55 AM9/29/03
>ubject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: "nimue" cup_o_ca...@yahoo.com
>Date: 9/28/2003 9:06 PM Central Standard Time

>> let's face it, we'd rather look at *pretty*, than ugly or fat. not
>> saying it's right, but it's basically true.

>I think the problem is that a person's worth is somehow tied in with her
>physical appearance. It seems acceptable to ridicule people who don't fit
>the stereotype of what is attractive -- to treat them as if they have
>committed some sin. That is wrong

>I don't know why people feel so

>justified in attacking those who don't have the right look -- it seems to be
>the last acceptable prejudice.

i have no problem with people who look less than perfect. most of us look less
than perfect. but, sometimes clothes can do wonders for those of us with less
than perfect bodies ;-)

Hudson

Ynahteb

Sep 29, 2003, 7:26:32 AM9/29/03

> I think the problem is that a person's worth is somehow tied in with her
> physical appearance. It seems acceptable to ridicule people who don't fit
> the stereotype of what is attractive -- to treat them as if they have
> committed some sin. That is wrong. I don't know why people feel so
> justified in attacking those who don't have the right look -- it seems to
be
> the last acceptable prejudice.
> --
> nimue

Eaxactly! I've thought the same thing myself, many times...
Bethany

HudsonGrl

Sep 29, 2003, 7:28:13 AM9/29/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: "nimue" cup_o_ca...@yahoo.com
>Date: 9/28/2003 9:22 PM Central Standard Time

>Eh -- it just doesn't bother me. I work in a school. I see gorgeous young
>girls who think they are fat and ugly and are crying about it every day.
>THAT bothers me.

that bothers me too. i'm a former anorexic, so i know all about body image.

>THAT bothers me. Kids bullying other kids bothers me. That is what I

>consider ugly.

i consider that ugly too. my own son has been bullied, for reasons you and i
have discussed previously. but, then that is a whole other issue, isn't it?

>A happy older man who feels comfortable about not wearing
>his shirt on a nice day -- doesn't bother me at all.

i guess, normally a 62 year old without a shirt wouldn't be publicized would
it? but it's Paul and i still maintain he looks BETTER with shirt on. but
that's me. different strokes for different folks.

>You know, Hudson -- I
>am 35. I was raised in a Free To Be You And Me, educated hippie kind of a
>New York, East Coast, radical ideas open way. I think you are a bit

>older
>than I am, and the slight generational and geographical difference between
>us might explain our different views on this -- you know, different early

>influences, and all that.

i'm not *that* old nimue...really. LOL.

Hudson

HudsonGrl

Sep 29, 2003, 7:29:09 AM9/29/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: ch782...@aol.com (Ch78247123)
>Date: 9/28/2003 10:25 PM Central Standard Time
>

>Oh by the way most people who say beauty is only skin deep usually fat and
>ugly

heehee.

Hudson

Ynahteb

Sep 29, 2003, 7:33:20 AM9/29/03

"Ch78247123" <ch782...@aol.com> wrote in message

I say that all the time and I'm pretty! I am!!!!! very pretty! everybody
says so! everybody!
<sobs>
;o) Bethany

KSK

Sep 29, 2003, 8:26:20 AM9/29/03

That may be, but it's not Paul's responsibility to decorate the world
for those who'd rather see *pretty*.

mc

Sep 29, 2003, 8:57:48 AM9/29/03
What's the big deal? He only looks as big as a pregnant Angie Harmon. ;p

MC
Keeper of Giovanni Ribisi and Dennis Farina!

HudsonGrl

Sep 29, 2003, 10:37:19 AM9/29/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: Magda frog...@hotmail.com
>Date: 9/29/2003 7:33 AM Central Standard Time

>The problem with "perfect bodies" is that they don't last more than a few
>years...
>Whatever happens, we all end up in the same boat.

except for the ones who visit plastic surgeons and don't ;-)

Hudson

HudsonGrl

Sep 29, 2003, 10:39:42 AM9/29/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: KSK kko...@charter.net
>Date: 9/29/2003 7:26 AM Central Standard Time

>>let's face it, we'd rather look at *pretty*, than ugly or fat. not saying
>it's
>>right, but it's basically true.
>>

>That may be, but it's not Paul's responsibility to decorate the world
>for those who'd rather see *pretty*.

nope it's not.and most likely he wasn't planning on being photographed
shirtless either.

but, if most of us didn't want "pretty", pretty wouldn't be cast in movies and
tv shows would it?

Hudson

HudsonGrl

Sep 29, 2003, 10:40:18 AM9/29/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: mc mcsqu...@netzero.net
>Date: 9/29/2003 7:57 AM Central Standard Time

>What's the big deal? He only looks as big as a pregnant Angie Harmon. ;p

you're soooo bad :-)

Hudson

Patty

Sep 29, 2003, 11:22:48 AM9/29/03

"HudsonGrl" <huds...@aol.com> wrote in message
: >Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!

And I wouldn't be surprised that you think the 'undesirable' ought to have plastic
surgery to make themselves more 'acceptable.'

Giselle (Lady Taker)

Sep 29, 2003, 1:42:13 PM9/29/03

"PattyC" <patty...@verizon.net> wrote:
<snips> Things are only "ugly" if society deigns them so. *I* am saying

it's
> ridiculous to call a 62 year old man, who looks damn decent for his place
in
> life, "scary" just because he is not in the shape a 25 year old man
usually
> is. And NO, I don't think the older person needs to put on a shirt just
> cause they are not 25. Maybe people would get less shocked by the looks
of
> one who is 62 if they actually saw a few more of those that age without
> shirts!
>
> PattyC

Hey, he still shivers my timbers. *I'd* lick his nips ANY day. Before
breakfast, even.

Let's see... he's talented and a billionaire who, by all accounts, is a very
nice, very generous and loving man -- and, by golly, he appears to be that
very rare thing in a man: *faithful*. . Let's see you find all those
attributes in that guy at the local health club who works out 5 hours a day
to get great pecs. (Do you think he's getting those to share them just with
YOU? Think again.)

Save the rock hard pecs, thanks, I'll take the nice guy ANY day. (And I'd
take Macca even if he was dirt poor.)

Giselle (back temporarily to rest a broken foot and defend a lifelong love)

Giselle (Lady Taker)

Sep 29, 2003, 7:00:21 PM9/29/03

"Cayla Kisting" <cayla_...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Sorry, but BOTH Heather Mills and Paul McCartney look pretty gross:
> His stomach and ESPECIALLY her stomach---which could very well pass
> for a beer belly.
>
> Neither are pretty people, though Paul used to be. Heather Mills HAD a
> good figure before she became pregnant.
>
> With Heather Mills' disability it causes her to have to take off her
> prosthetic leg EVERY night. Paul McCartney knows with a disabled woman
> like that, she isn't going to run off with his money. She's dependent.
> He feels secure. And how many social diseases do you think Paul has
> after all those groupies? He can't be choosey, either.
>
> So they deserve each other. Neither are desirable any more. - Cayla

Come on, don't be shy, tell us how you REALLY feel...

Giselle (geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez Louise)

PattyC

Sep 29, 2003, 7:18:44 PM9/29/03

"Giselle (Lady Taker)" <vol...@ccrtc.com> wrote in message

He is pretty much MY favorite guy ever also. I love him still, just like my
7th grade heart did. Have you seen the DVDs of the Ed Sullivan shows from
the Beatles first appearances on US TV? Fascinating to see again and
remember....

He has a belly. Oh my. yawn.

PattyC

PattyC

Sep 29, 2003, 7:21:29 PM9/29/03
"Cayla Kisting" <cayla_...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Sorry, but BOTH Heather Mills and Paul McCartney look pretty gross:
> His stomach and ESPECIALLY her stomach---which could very well pass
> for a beer belly.
>
> Neither are pretty people, though Paul used to be. Heather Mills HAD a
> good figure before she became pregnant.
>
> With Heather Mills' disability it causes her to have to take off her
> prosthetic leg EVERY night. Paul McCartney knows with a disabled woman
> like that, she isn't going to run off with his money. She's dependent.
> He feels secure. And how many social diseases do you think Paul has
> after all those groupies? He can't be choosey, either.
>
> So they deserve each other. Neither are desirable any more. - Cayla

*Hello?*

Did you actually think people wore prostheses to bed every night? Consider
that you take off your shoes before you go to sleep and take it from there.

She's not Christopher Reeve, she's missing the lower part of her leg. I
think she could probably even get a JOB if she had to.

And Paul McCartney can't be "choosey" why?

You are a riot.

PattyC

Giselle (Lady Taker)

Sep 29, 2003, 7:36:45 PM9/29/03
> He is pretty much MY favorite guy ever also. I love him still, just like
my
> 7th grade heart did. Have you seen the DVDs of the Ed Sullivan shows from
> the Beatles first appearances on US TV? Fascinating to see again and
> remember....
>
> He has a belly. Oh my. yawn.
>
> PattyC

Maybe you had to grow up with him to love him that much. He doesn't look
all that bad to *me* but I love how some folks haven't the slightest idea
how a human body ages *naturally* for the vast majority of mere mortals.
Life can be SUCH a shock when you believe in all the things you see in
Hollywood.

Giselle (Yep, life's a bitch but it sure beats the alternative.)

Sara

Sep 29, 2003, 7:38:09 PM9/29/03
PattyC wrote:

I especially like the part where she said Heather *had* a good figure
before she got pregnant. ;-)

Giselle (Lady Taker)

Sep 29, 2003, 7:38:48 PM9/29/03

> *Hello?*
>
> Did you actually think people wore prostheses to bed every night?
Consider
> that you take off your shoes before you go to sleep and take it from
there.

> She's not Christopher Reeve, she's missing the lower part of her leg. I
> think she could probably even get a JOB if she had to.
>
> And Paul McCartney can't be "choosey" why?
>
> You are a riot.
>
> PattyC

I think Cayla is just jellus.

Giselle (I bet she wishes she had a missing leg so Sir Paul would look at
*her* instead of Heather :)

Razzle Bathbone

Sep 29, 2003, 7:57:45 PM9/29/03

Hey Volfie, good to see you back. We have needed you so much.

Razzle-----------the burro said to tell you he's got a big wet
slobbery kiss waiting for you.

news.bellatlantic.net

Sep 30, 2003, 10:47:17 AM9/30/03

"Sara" <safra...@rr.com> wrote in message news:3F78C261...@rr.com...
> this is an even more disturbing comment when you consider that it is a
woman saying it.

Cayla Kisting

Sep 30, 2003, 1:17:31 PM9/30/03
You never see Heather Mills completely expose her leg above the knee?
Have you seen her in shorts? No, I do feel sorry for her.

But Paul has to have quite a few social deseases, don't you think?
Probably at least one he even got from his first wife, Linda, as she
slept with Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, yadda, yadda,
yadda, (Did I miss anyone?)
before she got knocked up by Paul McCartney.

By the way, I like John Mayer. My mom liked Paul McCartney -- Cayla

Giselle (Lady Taker)

Sep 30, 2003, 1:31:43 PM9/30/03

> You never see Heather Mills completely expose her leg above the knee?
> Have you seen her in shorts? No, I do feel sorry for her.

Unless I'm completely cracking up I do believe I've seen photos of her
modeling a swimsuit minus the artificial leg. I don't feel sorry for her
and why should I? She's done damn good for herself with what other people
may consider a horrid handicap/defect. It seems to me that she doesn't
think it's horrible or a handicap at all. She's not only smart but she's a
strong woman, too

> But Paul has to have quite a few social deseases, don't you think?
> Probably at least one he even got from his first wife, Linda, as she
> slept with Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, yadda, yadda,
> yadda, (Did I miss anyone?)
> before she got knocked up by Paul McCartney.

I think I don't spend that much time or energy worrying about it. It's not
like I'm ever going to find myself in his bed... damn it, anyway.

Giselle (I would do it, mind you, but I think there are some seriously long
odds against it happening)

HudsonGrl

Sep 30, 2003, 1:45:36 PM9/30/03
>Subject: Re: Paul McCartney shirtless...SCARY!
>From: "Giselle \(Lady Taker\)" vol...@ccrtc.com
>Date: 9/30/2003 12:31 PM Central Standard Time

>Unless I'm completely cracking up I do believe I've seen photos of her
>modeling a swimsuit minus the artificial leg. I don't feel sorry for her
>and why should I?

i don't feel sorry for her either. lots of people have
*disablilities'handicaps* that require prosthetics.

>he's done damn good for herself with what other people
>may consider a horrid handicap/defect. It seems to me that she doesn't
>think it's horrible or a handicap at all.

agreed.

Hudson