Token Black Goofball Teacher Arrested After Racism Charge

Dano

Jul 21, 2009, 5:19:53 AM7/21/09
to mail...@bananasplit.info, mail...@mixmin.net
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8131953&page=1

Prominent Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. was
arrested and charged with disorderly conduct after an incident
with police responding to a call about someone apparently trying
to break into his Cambridge, Mass., home.

Gates, who according to his lawyer, had been trying to force
open a jammed door, was inside the house when the Cambridge
police officer got there.

He allegedly responded to the officer's request for
identification by shouting, "Why, because I am a black man in
America?" and calling him a racist.

Though Gates eventually identified himself, he was arrested
after he allegedly came out of the house and continued yelling
at police, even after he was warned that he "was becoming
disorderly," according to the police report.

Gates, 58, is scheduled to be arraigned Aug. 26.

Gates, the director of Harvard's W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for
African and African American Research, and former host of the
PBS show "African American Lives," had just returned from a trip
to China and found the front door of his home jammed, according
to his Harvard colleague and attorney Charles Ogletree.

He entered the house through the back door, but then tried to
get the front door open so he could bring his luggage in, which
may have been when the woman who called 911 saw, Ogletree said.

Gates has declined to discuss the incident, but Al Sharpton, who
spoke to the Harvard professor, told ABC News that Gates is
"clearly upset and in a state of disbelief."

Send both their black asses to jail.

Ray O'Hara

Jul 21, 2009, 1:50:48 PM7/21/09

"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yeah how dare a black man reside peacebly in his own home. doesn't he know
only white folk have that right?

ne...@millions.com

Jul 21, 2009, 2:58:47 PM7/21/09

The operative word: peaceably. Gates followed the officers to their
car after the matter was "cleared." He was yelling and creaming the
usual stuff, "I'm black." And on he went until the police shut him
down. Peaceably? Not quite.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Jul 21, 2009, 6:28:40 PM7/21/09
On Jul 21, 5:19 am, "Dano" <janeandd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> He allegedly responded to the officer's request for
> identification by shouting, "Why, because I am a black man in
> America?" and calling him a racist.

Typical uppity Negro!

How a white person would handle this" "Why thank you for your concern
officer. Yes I live here, here's is my identification."

How "homey" handled it: "Yo motha fucka policeman kick my ass you
fuckin' cracker, you blue eyed devil!!! I gots me an edukation! I is a
smart nigga fool. Me gots me some food stamps and me is gonna buy me
watermelon you cracka!!!"

How the cop should have handled this situation: "Blam!! Blam!! Blam!!
Blam!! Blam!! Blam!! click click click click click click click....."

mr dude

extremeone

Jul 21, 2009, 7:17:59 PM7/21/09
ne...@millions.com wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:50:48 -0400, "Ray "picklesmoocher" O'Hara"
> <raymon...@fagmail.com> wrote:

>> Yeah how dare a black man reside peacebly in his own home. doesn't he know
>> only white folk have that right?
>>

> The operative word: peaceably. Gates followed the officers to their
> car after the matter was "cleared." He was yelling and creaming the
> usual stuff, "I'm black." And on he went until the police shut him
> down. Peaceably? Not quite.

ray O'hara is a loon

"Why, because I am a black man in
> America?" and calling him a racist."

real peaceful dipshit

Message has been deleted

Nunya Bidnits

Jul 22, 2009, 1:40:32 AM7/22/09
Only bigots love bigots. There's nothing like two malingering pasty white
fat stinking toothless hairball racist sweathogs trying to find their sex
organs in the rolls of blubber while their greasy roadkill farts peel the
paint off the walls. That's a day in the life of the American bigot, a
product of a scientifically recognized genetically defective subset of the
human genome.

This refers all you pathetic morons in this thread. You're clearly too
stupid to figure that out without being told. Now get back in the cesspool
where you belong. Your dinner is ready.

<plonk all>

CliffB

Jul 22, 2009, 1:33:18 AM7/22/09
On Jul 21, 7:56 pm, Crawdaddys <blackeyedp...@jimcrow.com> wrote:
> Aunt Jemima, Diana Ross, and Mother Fucker!

Don't leave out Moms Mabley, Esther Rolle, Divine Brown and Flip
Wilson.

> In article <h44v5u$in...@news.eternal-september.org>
>
> "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Glenn Greenstein

Jul 23, 2009, 1:25:52 PM7/23/09
On Jul 21, 6:28 pm, "mr d...@harvarduniversity.edu"

I've been following this story in the NY tabloids and on the net now
that it is becoming national news.
Though Dude took some artistic licensee here, he generally has what I
think is an accurate assessment.
The facts so far are the officer was called about a burglary at
Gates's residence and Crowley observed Gates trying to force open the
door as maybe a burglar would do, he had every right to investigate.
What Dude wrote is exactly how I would react. I would have thanked the
officer for looking into it and trying to keep my home safe.
Also, if it is true that after Gates produced ID and the officer was
satisfied and was leaving but Gates decided he wanted to get in some
parting shots at Crowley, it amazes me this buffoon is employed by
Havard let alone a prestigious scholar.
I learned long ago after being stopped for speeding by the police to
just cooperate and move on. Yelling at a policeman is never a good
move. You are dealing with someone who takes a lot of crap for the job
they do and has the ability to make your life at that very moment a
living Hell and that is exactly what happened to Gates.
Also Gates is now asking for an apology from the officer. If he feels
he was wronged here, why has he not contracted a lawyer to file a suit
against the officer and Cambridge police? The answer is because he
incited this whole thing by being abusive and he knows it. He decided
to make it personal.
Like I just wrote, that was about the dumbest thing he could have
done, especially when the officer was leaving.

The Undertaker

Jul 23, 2009, 2:34:50 PM7/23/09
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:25:52 -0700 (PDT), Glenn Greenstein
<lex...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've been following this story in the NY tabloids and on the net now
>that it is becoming national news.
>Though Dude took some artistic licensee here, he generally has what I
>think is an accurate assessment.
>The facts so far are the officer was called about a burglary at
>Gates's residence and Crowley observed Gates trying to force open the
>door as maybe a burglar would do,

Wrong. The Professor was already inside his own house.

>What Dude wrote is exactly how I would react. I would have thanked the
>officer for looking into it and trying to keep my home safe.

Lets be brutally blunt here. If this were a white professor
the policman, the police chief would have been fired already
and the city of Cambridge would looking at a $60 million
law suit.

TDNY

Jul 24, 2009, 1:42:05 AM7/24/09

"The Undertaker" <replyo...@emailprivate.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:25:52 -0700 (PDT), Glenn Greenstein
> <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I've been following this story in the NY tabloids and on the net now
>>that it is becoming national news.
>>Though Dude took some artistic licensee here, he generally has what I
>>think is an accurate assessment.
>>The facts so far are the officer was called about a burglary at
>>Gates's residence and Crowley observed Gates trying to force open the
>>door as maybe a burglar would do,
> Wrong. The Professor was already inside his own house.

Sergeant Crowley and Police Officer Carlos Figueroa,
were responding to a job, because of a call placed,
reporting an attempted break in.

Professor Gates, when asked for Identification,
acted like a moron.

>>What Dude wrote is exactly how I would react. I would have thanked the
>>officer for looking into it and trying to keep my home safe.
> Lets be brutally blunt here. If this were a white professor
> the policman, the police chief would have been fired already
> and the city of Cambridge would looking at a $60 million
> law suit.

Gates is not a white professor.

Even Jesse Jackson is afraid of black males and said so.

"There is nothing more painful to me, than to walk down the streets
and hear footsteps, and start thinking robbery, then look around and see
somebody white, and feel relieved,"

Jessie Jackson.

rochrist

Jul 24, 2009, 3:21:19 PM7/24/09

For someone who has been 'following the story in the NY tabloids, you do
a remarkably bad job of summarizing what actually happened.

The officer in question didn't 'observe Gates trying to force open the
door', he found a well-dressed elderly black gentleman inside the house,
with his luggage on the porch, talking on the phone. Not the typical
burglary scenario. After Gate produced ID, the officer did not
immediately leave but instead called backup and the Harvard police.
Thirdly, Gates is had a throat infection and wasn't capable of yelling
that loudly.

The bottom line is, whether the police like it or not, its not a crime
to be rude to a police officer. Once he produced his ID, the officer
should have -immediately- apologized for the inconvenience and left. If
he had, nothing would have come of this.

ne...@millions.com

Jul 24, 2009, 4:30:42 PM7/24/09
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:21:19 -0400, rochrist <roch...@charter.net>
wrote:

Just sort of defending the impracticle? Make the excuses counter the
facts.

DCI

Wilson Woods

Jul 24, 2009, 4:58:44 PM7/24/09
The language in the subject line is needlessly inflammatory, but it is
accurate in its essence. The <scoff> "W.E.B. DuBois Institute" at
Harvard is the worst sort of patronizing, condescending racism on the
part of white "liberals". It is not an academically respectable
organization; it is a scholarly disgrace. The largely white
administration of Harvard knows it. They imagine they're doing
something "nice" for blacks by giving them the cover of Ivy League
respectability for their cultivation of a sense of grievance, but in
fact all they're doing is holding blacks back, while assuaging their own
white guilt.

No_He_Can_Not

Jul 24, 2009, 5:10:14 PM7/24/09
white guilt ? for what?
Oh, you mean for making them a slave. Wow, how do these people live so
long ? they must be at least 175 by now. Damn blacks live a long time

Nunya Bidnits

Jul 24, 2009, 9:13:27 PM7/24/09

"rochrist" <roch...@charter.net> wrote in message

> The bottom line is, whether the police like it or not, its not a crime
> to be rude to a police officer.

No, but apparently it's grounds for public humiliation if you're black.

Nunya Bidnits

Jul 24, 2009, 9:14:51 PM7/24/09

"Wilson Woods" <ban...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Pathetically lame agenda driven opinion.
If not, cite.