Re: Who was the rudest celebrity You've Met?

Message has been deleted

Phoenix

Aug 30, 2005, 5:29:45 PM8/30/05
In article <df2gt...@drn.newsguy.com>, Miss_...@newsguy.com
says...
> Who was she/he? Details.

Nina Totenberg

MC

Aug 30, 2005, 5:57:17 PM8/30/05
In article <df2gt...@drn.newsguy.com>,
Miss Manners <Miss_...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Who was she/he? Details.

Rodney Dangerfield -- a complete pig.

--

"If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it."
--Elmore Leonard

Richie .

Aug 30, 2005, 6:08:06 PM8/30/05
Jerry Lewis, hands down !

i escorted a friend to his telethon
.this friend made the mistake of having CP not MD

well anyhoo
i wheeled him in

Jerry spotted us
and during conversation
it was revealed my friend
had CP
well Jerry went ballistic
and all but threw us out personally

he had his security throw us out ...
the guys were very apologetic ...
but they had a job blah blah blah

for 2 cents i would've decked Jerry right there and then ....but i had
my crippled friend to take care of

during the filming of King of Comedy ..i told Bobby of the incident
he allowed as Jerry was a pain in the butt and an egomaniac ....but
they didn't know how big an asshole he was til the filming started
...he argued with Marty constantly ...trying to be 'helpful' directing
and he didn't much appreciate Sandra's 'little jokes' either lol

whata bastard!!!

Sincerely,

http://compactURL.com/xbpx

copyright © 2003, 2004, 2005

Messalina

Aug 30, 2005, 7:03:47 PM8/30/05

I couldn't agree more. My mom made me approach him for an autograph at
a personal appearance he was making and he turned me down flat. I was
8.

Mez

Dr. Sooz

Aug 30, 2005, 7:08:47 PM8/30/05
Bobby Short. I was a hatcheck girl at a plush boite, and when I took
his coat after saying, "Let me take that for you, Mr. Short," he
sneered at me. He was horrible on his way out, too, and didn't tip. I
was *extremely* nice, polite, and lovely to him, BTW. He was a pig who
thought he was a god.

Teri Garr was the same way. What a bitch! She actually turned her
nose skyward and gave me a disgusted look. I was just taking her coat
as I did with everyone; I was very professional. Buck Henry's an
asshole too.

Gilda Radner was the opposite -- what a lovely fabulous dame!

TV

Aug 30, 2005, 7:14:51 PM8/30/05
I met Rex Reed at Sardi's in NYC. I wasn't there to *meet* him, but we
bumped literally into each other. I was about 14 at the time. He
said,"Why don't you watch where the hell you're going?" I replied,"
Good, now get out of my way. By the way, your column sucks."

I think he was shocked that I didn't treat him like royalty.

Theresa

Richie .

Aug 30, 2005, 7:36:52 PM8/30/05
scor...@aol.com (TV)

relates:

Theresa

==============

Miss Reed didn't look so 'royal' on his knees gobbling down on some
kid's dick at my club in 1979 lol

he has a lovely apt. however

tastefully furnished and all that

theresa

Aug 30, 2005, 9:40:32 PM8/30/05
"Dr. Sooz" wrote:

> Bobby Short. I was a hatcheck girl at a plush boite, and when I took
> his coat after saying, "Let me take that for you, Mr. Short," he
> sneered at me. He was horrible on his way out, too, and didn't tip. I
> was *extremely* nice, polite, and lovely to him, BTW. He was a pig who
> thought he was a god.
>
> Teri Garr was the same way. What a bitch! She actually turned her
> nose skyward and gave me a disgusted look. I was just taking her coat
> as I did with everyone; I was very professional. Buck Henry's an
> asshole too.

Funny this should come up now -- Terri Garr always sounded like
a pleasant enough person (never made in in this group other than
when she announced she had MS) but I saw a clip from "The Dating
Game" (from the 1960s) where she had to choose between the usual
three eligible bachelors. She was a "starlet" then, and the
guys were regular fellows, and she did not let them forget it.
When she chose the one guy, he came out and started to give her
the standard peck on the cheek seen in that show, and her
arrogance oozed to such a depth that he took a step back while
she glared at him for what was left of the show. Very ugly
television moment...

> Gilda Radner was the opposite -- what a lovely fabulous dame!

We still miss Gilda...RIP

doomella

Aug 30, 2005, 9:50:17 PM8/30/05

Donald Trump (watched him being horrifically rude to the woman he was seated
next to at a dinner party --the hostess's mother) and Richard E. Grant.

chemqueries

Aug 30, 2005, 9:51:26 PM8/30/05

Hi. Can you elaborate on that?

chemqueries

Aug 30, 2005, 9:54:18 PM8/30/05
Miss Manners wrote:
> Who was she/he? Details.

James Earl Jones was arrogant and very rude to my co-workers at a
former job. I'm not allowed to give details. Sorry.

Richie

Aug 30, 2005, 10:00:34 PM8/30/05

got to 'know' Jimmy before Strangelove ..
he lived at 19 Allen St. NYC
right above a friend of mine ...
he was struggling back then
but nevertheless was always quite arrogant

i made it my business to always ring his bell in 'error' when i knew he
was asleep ;-)

i always apologized for my stupidity

<buzz buzz> can Jimmy come down and play?

he was paying 25$ a month rent!!!!

chemqueries

Aug 30, 2005, 10:09:32 PM8/30/05
Richie wrote:

> chemqueries wrote:
> > James Earl Jones was arrogant and very rude to my co-workers at a
> > former job. I'm not allowed to give details. Sorry.
>
> > got to 'know' Jimmy before Strangelove ..
> he lived at 19 Allen St. NYC
> right above a friend of mine ...
> he was struggling back then
> but nevertheless was always quite arrogant
>
> i made it my business to always ring his bell in 'error' when i knew he
> was asleep ;-)> i always apologized for my stupidity> <buzz buzz> can Jimmy come down and play?>
>
> he was paying 25$ a month rent!!!!

Hmmm. . . That's interesting that he was arrogant even when he was
still struggling. Perhaps arrogance is inborn.

Jesse McCann

Aug 30, 2005, 10:31:17 PM8/30/05
Glenn Danzinger, what an . . .

On the other hand, I've met a lot of clebs, and most have very nice.

maryanne kehoe

Aug 30, 2005, 10:37:04 PM8/30/05
>Nina Totenberg

Didn't she suffer from breast cancer some time ago and was getting some
extended care? That might account for the so-called "rudeness"....the
stress of cancer is quite high and sometimes people will let their
stress out in other ways that they normally would not do.

Foxxy Foxx1

Aug 30, 2005, 10:44:10 PM8/30/05

Without a doubt, Donald Trump.

Why was he even considered a celeb before his TV show was even on?

Ivana is too good for him.

Richie .

Aug 30, 2005, 10:43:10 PM8/30/05
chemq...@aol.com (chemqueries)

remarks:

Hmmm. . . That's interesting that he was arrogant even when he was still
struggling. Perhaps arrogance is inborn.

==============

perhaps

or it was in the genesis of the 'black power' days and all black guys
were almost expected to be somewhat 'arrogant'

after "Strangelove" he didn't return to that apt.

moved on up spoze

Phoenix

Aug 30, 2005, 11:01:13 PM8/30/05
In article <1125453086.7...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
chemq...@aol.com says...

Really unpleasant to deal with. Does NOT want to be asked questions
that stray from her program or agenda (even from a godless liberal like
me.) One does not challenge Nina, or approach her with any discussion
that she could interpret as challenging. She gets irritated with people
who try to accommodate her, and hateful to people who don't.

Nina never went to college and worked her way up, with sheer nerve and
intelligence, to cover the Supreme Court for NPR. She knows her subject
well but is very defensive. She suffers from an inability to accept
people or argument warmly, as she fears people might think her unworthy
if she drops the ball buster act.

bel

Phoenix

Aug 30, 2005, 11:02:43 PM8/30/05
In article <1125454172.1...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
chemq...@aol.com says...

Maybe it has something to do with his stutter and the extreme shyness he
suffered from as a child? Lots of people overcome their fears by being
arrogant assholes.

bel

Phoenix

Aug 30, 2005, 11:19:59 PM8/30/05
In article <13069-431...@storefull-3254.bay.webtv.net>,
atl...@webtv.net says...

This was before the breast cancer.

bel

nimue

Aug 30, 2005, 11:30:35 PM8/30/05
My dad made me approach Baryshnikov for an autograph when I was about 16 and
he turned me down flat, too.

--
nimue

"The discovery of teaching was a miracle."
Louise Gluck

nimue

Aug 30, 2005, 11:32:02 PM8/30/05
doomella wrote:
> Donald Trump (watched him being horrifically rude to the woman he was
> seated next to at a dinner party --the hostess's mother)

Rumor has it he had a fling with Sarah Brightman while she was still married
to Andrew Lloyd Webber. Just fyi.

> and Richard
> E. Grant.

No, really? Bummer.

nimue

Aug 30, 2005, 11:34:07 PM8/30/05

Really? He was so, SO, SOOOOO NICE to me and a friend. I met him when I
was about 14. I met him and Danny Glover at the same time (DG was not a
huge star then -- on the cusp of some important roles). JEJ talked to me
all about college and my future plans and DG couldn't have been nicer. What
lovely, lovely people they were. Well, I guess celebs have good and bad
days like the rest of us.

Font of All Important Info

Aug 30, 2005, 11:34:30 PM8/30/05
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:50:17 GMT, "doomella" <doom...@hotmail.com>
felt compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>Donald Trump (watched him being horrifically rude to the woman he was seated
>next to at a dinner party --the hostess's mother) and Richard E. Grant.

what did Grant do that was rude? we want details! :)

--dez

...a pistol-hot cup of Dez...

"Chef of chicanery, your buns are mine!"
--the Tick

CliffB

Aug 30, 2005, 11:55:39 PM8/30/05

nimue wrote:
> chemqueries wrote:
> > Miss Manners wrote:
> >> Who was she/he? Details.
> >
> > James Earl Jones was arrogant and very rude to my co-workers at a
> > former job. I'm not allowed to give details. Sorry.
>
> Really? He was so, SO, SOOOOO NICE to me and a friend.

maybe he favors wide-thighed, big bottomed lasses? ;P

Speaking of burly, basso, black thespians, I met Geoffrey Holder about
3 years ago and he seemd quite pleasant enough (it was only a cursory
greeting at the hotel actually); very stylish fellow, lovely wife too.
He was on his way to celebrate James Earl Jones at the Kennedy Center
honors.

Message has been deleted

chemqueries

Aug 31, 2005, 12:32:01 AM8/31/05

Hi. That's very interesting -- and disappointing. Do you know whether
she grew up in Boston? Years ago, I had a friend who studied violin in
Boston with a man named Roman Totenberg (his nickname was "Totie"). I
think he was in the Boston Symphony. I remember my friend mentioning
that Roman Totenberg had a daughter. I wonder whether Nina was his
daughter?? As I recall, my friend liked Roman Totenberg a lot.

Richie .

Aug 31, 2005, 12:50:20 AM8/31/05
ab...@123.net (explorer)

exclaims:

At least Baryshnikov is pretty to look at in his own way. Lewis never
was in any way.

==================

i was sooooo happy when Jerry's head swelled up to 5 times that of a
normal human beings LOL³

chemqueries

Aug 31, 2005, 2:10:56 AM8/31/05

I just Googled both Roman and Nina Totenberg. They are indeed father
and daughter. I also Googled my long-lost violinist friend, the one who
studied with Roman Totenberg. It turns out that she writes for the
Associated Press! I wonder whether she has any time to practice violin.
Probably not.

Surrogate Mama

Aug 31, 2005, 3:19:42 AM8/31/05

Miss Manners wrote:
> Who was she/he? Details.

Lou Reed.

A monster.

A cantankerous old coot.

Phoenix

Aug 31, 2005, 3:38:46 AM8/31/05
In article <1125462721.4...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,

I don't have the foggiest idea. If you ever figure out the
relationship, clue me in.

bel

psychotic episode

Aug 31, 2005, 3:42:12 AM8/31/05

Dr. Sooz wrote:

> Bobby Short. I was a hatcheck girl at a plush boite, and when I took
> his coat after saying, "Let me take that for you, Mr. Short," he
> sneered at me. He was horrible on his way out, too, and didn't tip. I
> was *extremely* nice, polite, and lovely to him, BTW. He was a pig who
> thought he was a god.
>
> Teri Garr was the same way. What a bitch! She actually turned her
> nose skyward and gave me a disgusted look. I was just taking her coat
> as I did with everyone; I was very professional. Buck Henry's an
> asshole too.
>

> Gilda Radner was the opposite -- what a lovely fabulous dame!

I LOVE GILDA!!!

Phoenix

Aug 31, 2005, 3:45:52 AM8/31/05
chemq...@aol.com says...

Cool! Nina should really write a memoir. No matter how miserable she
seemed to me, the woman has a story to tell.

bel

2nz

Aug 31, 2005, 5:22:26 AM8/31/05

Miss Manners wrote:
> Who was she/he? Details.

Chuck Berry.
A sound engineer @ a gig introduced himself and stuck out his arm to
shake hands. Chuck silently stared at him for a few seconds, made an
ugly face, took a step back and continued to stare.
The rental amplifier Chuck was using had a blown speaker.
When I asked him if I could plug him into a backup amp, he snarled and
said "Leave it alone!"
Whadda frickin jerk. He and the amp sounded like shit.

In the film "Hail Hail Rock & Roll", Keith Richards got so fed up with
Chuck's lousy sound that he had an amp hidden in the venue's basement.
He ran Chuck's guitar signal to the hidden amp and used that on the
soundtrack, rather than Chuck's stage sound.

2nz

Aug 31, 2005, 7:55:11 AM8/31/05

Jesse McCann wrote:
> Glenn Danzinger, what an . . .

Did you hear about when Mr. Danzig got the snot beat out of him
backstage by a member of a local opening act? There's a video clip.

JAH

Aug 31, 2005, 7:59:23 AM8/31/05
On 30 Aug 2005 13:51:47 -0700, Miss Manners <Miss_...@newsguy.com>
wrote:

>Who was she/he? Details.

My hubby was in the Marines and had to provide security for Tom Clancy
when he came on base to sign his latest book a few years back. A woman
came up with her young son (the hubby thinks he was 9 or 10) and had a
handful of Clancy's books. The kid asked Clancy if he'd sign one of
them for him, or if he could, sign them all. My hubby said the kid was
very polite and shy.

Clancy told the kid that if he hadn't bought his latest fu-king book,
he wasn't signing anything. Yes, he swore in front of the kid.

The mother's face turned red and she stormed out of there.

I've heard he does this all the time.

My hubby said Clancy was rude to him and the other Marine as well.

Pfft.

JAH

60% off Net Crimes & Misdemeanors
http://www.netcrimes.net/order.html
www.livejournal.com/users/netcrimes

JAH

Aug 31, 2005, 8:00:48 AM8/31/05
wrote:

>Who was she/he? Details.

Stockard Channing. She was drunk and smoking and got in an argument
with me. I almost decked her.

Finally

Aug 31, 2005, 8:25:17 AM8/31/05
JAH wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2005 13:51:47 -0700, Miss Manners <Miss_...@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Who was she/he? Details.

Diana Ross - in the early 80s....I was working my way through college.
I worked the graveyard shift in an upscale hotel in the health club. It
had a full weight room, sauna, and a small pool. Everyone was buzzing
about how "Miss Ross" was breezing around the hotel in fringe with HUGE
sunglasses ordering people around and being QUITE unfriendly.

She rolled into the health club one evening. She did have HUGE shades.
HUGE! They covered most of her face. Her hair was not fixed and it
was just the biggest hair I've ever seen to this day. She had on a
buckskin jacket with fringe hanging down to her knees from it. She
walked around the place looking around with her nose in the air and
LITERALLY looking down her nose. When she came into the pool area,
where I was, she looked at the pool, LITERALLY sniffed and said, "My
bathtub is bigger than this!!!!!!!!!!!!" with SUCH an attitude!!! So,
being a typical smart ass college student, I muttered, "Go back to your
bathtub then". She swung around, and started screaming at me. I
remember some exact quotes. "NO ONE even dares SPEAK in my presence."
"I will have your job you white piece of shit." "You are just one step
up from slavery." I just stood there laughing at her as she practically
foamed at the mouth.

Later that week my boss called me into his office and said that he HAD
to talk to me because a complaint had been filed by "MISS ROSS" but no
action would be taken by the hotel because every department had problems
/ issues with her. I believe his exact words were, "She is just this
side of being a lunatic." If anyone went up to her for an autograph,
she would literally duck or turn her back and scream that no one was
allowed near her. No one dared call her Diana. It was "MISS ROSS".
She left her suite TRASHED. She threw plates of food at room service
people if it wasn't up to her standards. The list goes ON and ON.

On the flip side, some of the nicest who ever came through there were
the members of KISS ( if you can believe that ), Barry Manilow ( I know
I know ) and the road crew for Alice Cooper.

Richie .

Aug 31, 2005, 12:50:23 PM8/31/05
FinallyBac...@charter.net (Finally)

relates:

===========================

that's kinda hot in an S & M sorta way

Phoenix

Aug 31, 2005, 2:00:34 PM8/31/05
In article <43179aff...@news-server.maine.rr.com>,
anothe...@hotmail.com says...

> On 30 Aug 2005 13:51:47 -0700, Miss Manners <Miss_...@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Who was she/he? Details.
>
> My hubby was in the Marines and had to provide security for Tom Clancy
> when he came on base to sign his latest book a few years back. A woman
> came up with her young son (the hubby thinks he was 9 or 10) and had a
> handful of Clancy's books. The kid asked Clancy if he'd sign one of
> them for him, or if he could, sign them all. My hubby said the kid was
> very polite and shy.
>
> Clancy told the kid that if he hadn't bought his latest fu-king book,
> he wasn't signing anything. Yes, he swore in front of the kid.
>
> The mother's face turned red and she stormed out of there.
>
> I've heard he does this all the time.
>
> My hubby said Clancy was rude to him and the other Marine as well.
>
> Pfft.
>
> JAH

Who the fuck does Clancy think he is? What a clown. Probably thinks he
deserves all the gruff benefits of an army general.

John Grisham is also an ass. I don't have any first hand experience,
but the people of Charlottesville Virginia loath him.

bel

Stuart

Aug 31, 2005, 2:01:10 PM8/31/05
Michael Keaton
He came up to the box office to buy two tickets for a movie and I
comped his tickets. He did not say Thank You, he said nothing. The lady
he was with kinda hit him on the arm and wispered "Say Thank You" he
still said nothing. She apoligized for him and said Thank You. She
seemed pissed and embarrased by his actions. What an ASSHOLE.

huds...@aol.com

Aug 31, 2005, 2:57:51 PM8/31/05

doomella wrote:
> Donald Trump (watched him being horrifically rude to the woman he was seated
> next to at a dinner party --the hostess's mother) and Richard E. Grant.

i'm not at all surprised about Donald Trump. I find him rude 99% of the
time.

Hudson

Bigolhomo

Aug 31, 2005, 2:58:04 PM8/31/05

Now this was a good story. Thanks for sharing your white piece of
shit :)

--

Bigolhomo

huds...@aol.com

Aug 31, 2005, 3:02:07 PM8/31/05

Speaking of Danny Glover. I met him at The Four Seasons Hotel in
Totonto. Very polite friendly man. You'd never know he was a "star".

Hudson

Dr. Sooz

Aug 31, 2005, 3:18:29 PM8/31/05
Finally said:
"Diana Ross"
~~~~~
Oh my god -- she's FAMOUS for being a complete, total, scum-soaked C@#T
to "normal" folks!!!!

Lilly

Aug 31, 2005, 3:53:36 PM8/31/05
wrote:

>Who was she/he? Details.

Roger Avery. Complete fucking asshole mean-spirited pig.
~Lilly

Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Donnie Darko & Frank

MC

Aug 31, 2005, 4:42:56 PM8/31/05
Didn't meet him myself, but a colleague at a TV station did. Went to to
interview Danny Kaye to help publicize a charity event he was hosting.

Mean and nasty. I saw the tape.

--

"If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it."
--Elmore Leonard

Damselfly

Aug 31, 2005, 5:27:21 PM8/31/05
Travis Tritt

mkrue...@aol.com

Aug 31, 2005, 6:01:07 PM8/31/05
Former football star/cokehead Laurence Taylor. He was hired for a
corporate event to play golf with a group of employees and paid to
"meet and greet" them at a cocktail party afterwards. Instead of
staying at one hole and allowing everybody to play through so everyone
could meet him, he rode around the course in a golf cart with his
publicist, swilling cans of beer, and said he wanted to play the whole
course whether anyone met him or not. Afterwards, at the party, he
hulked in a corner with a big black hat pulled down over his face and
acted unapproachable and gruff.
The nicest celebrity I ever met was author Kurt Vonnegut. I recognized
him sitting alone on a bench in Manhattan, and approached him to tell
him I was a fan of his novels. He asked me about myself, and what did I
do, and seemed genuinely interested. We had a long conversation, and he
was extremely friendly.

pl...@quentincrisp.com

Aug 31, 2005, 6:04:08 PM8/31/05
Met Albert Brooks at a party. The onion dip was friendlier.

My ne plus ultra bitch, though, is Patti Smith. Just after "Horses"
came out -- yup, thirty years ago -- I approached her in a bookstore
and asked for her autograph. She told me to f*ck myself.

Wild Monkshood

Aug 31, 2005, 6:07:25 PM8/31/05

This is only rude if she didn't elaborate.....

I just hate for someone to make requests and refuse to provide adequate
instructions....

Wild (or offer to help clean-up....) Monkshood

Leigh Melton

Aug 31, 2005, 5:51:44 PM8/31/05
Harlan Ellison, but that's like saying water is wet. I think people
expect it of him, and they get what they expect. He wasn't *very*
rude, he just scowled and looked put-upon while signing a book. He
didn't toss me down an elevator shaft or anything.

The one who surprised my by being rude was Anthony Ainley, the British
actor. He was an arrogant, rude and self-absorbed pig. When one is
PAID to appear at a function, you could at least pretend that it's not
akin to having red-hot needles stuck in your eyes. Red-hot _rusty_
needles.

I just have to plug James Burke again, though he's on the opposite end
of the scale: total sweetheart. When *he* signed a book for me, he
was the most gracious and humble person you could wish to meet. He
took the time to circulate around the room (this was a post-lecture
cocktail party) to sign books and chat with everyone there for at
least a few minutes.

Leigh

--
Consequences, shmonsequences, as long as I'm rich. - D. Duck

pl...@quentincrisp.com

Aug 31, 2005, 6:14:03 PM8/31/05
>> She told me to f*ck myself.

> This is only rude if she didn't elaborate.....

Actually, she stood and stared at me for a couple minutes afterwards,
maybe wondering if I'd give it a try.

If we're talking nice, here's two guys who always appear in the same
sentence: Johnny Depp and Roscoe Lee Browne. Johnny couldn't have
acted happier to meet me (a friend of a friend); Roscoe bought me a
drink and told me all about filming "Babe."

Message has been deleted

maryanne kehoe

Aug 31, 2005, 8:12:47 PM8/31/05
>i'm not all surprised about Donald Trump.

When we were in Baltimore for the Miss USA pageant, Trump only stayed
about 30 minutes at the Coronation Ball and then left. There were a lot
of sponsors there that wern't very happy (the folks from CoverGirl come
to mind) with what was going on who said that they deserved better
treatment.

maryanne kehoe

Aug 31, 2005, 8:14:15 PM8/31/05
Clovis Ruffin (the now-late fashion designer.) Our college had him chair
a graduation fashion show and he was nasty to everyone. No great loss
when he passed away.

maryanne kehoe

Aug 31, 2005, 8:16:42 PM8/31/05

Patti Smith? Really? She had a condo near my house up in Michigan and I
never heard anything bad about her. Mostly kept to herself after Fred
Sonic Smith died.

Jesse McCann

Aug 31, 2005, 9:36:47 PM8/31/05
Did you hear about when Mr. Danzig got the snot beat out of him
backstage by a member of a local opening act? There's a video clip.

Yes, I did, and I loved that clip!

Jesse McCann

Aug 31, 2005, 9:45:37 PM8/31/05
Harlan Ellison, but that's like saying water is wet. I think people
expect it of him, and they get what they expect. He wasn't *very*
rude, he just scowled and looked put-upon while signing a book. He
didn't toss me down an elevator shaft or anything.
__

On the other hand, Harlan was very nice to me, very gracious, when we
met. He was so nice, I sent him a present, and he called me back to
thank me.

Phoenix

Aug 31, 2005, 10:04:40 PM8/31/05
pl...@quentincrisp.com says...

What a delicious bitch! Honey, you should be proud Patti Smith told you
to fuck yourself. It's like having Joe Strummer sneer at you. The
attitude is priceless - and you got your own personal dose.

bel

JennyB

Aug 31, 2005, 10:11:06 PM8/31/05

I agree with you that she should be proud about the Patti Smith thing,
but Joe Strummer was an incredibly nice guy! Even in the early days
when punks were supposed to be rude, he would hang out with fans and
even let them crash in his hotel room. Toward the end, when he was
hanging out at Glastonberry and hosting Strummerville, anyone could
hang out with him. Maybe change it to having John Lydon sneer? :)

--Jen

nimue

Aug 31, 2005, 10:10:06 PM8/31/05
CliffB wrote:
> nimue wrote:
>> chemqueries wrote:
>>>
>>> James Earl Jones was arrogant and very rude to my co-workers at a
>>> former job. I'm not allowed to give details. Sorry.
>>
>> Really? He was so, SO, SOOOOO NICE to me and a friend.
>
> maybe he favors wide-thighed, big bottomed lasses? ;P

Oh, I was about 14 and I looked like I was about 11. I doubt my looks had
anything to do with how he behaved.

> Speaking of burly, basso, black thespians, I met Geoffrey Holder about
> 3 years ago and he seemd quite pleasant enough (it was only a cursory
> greeting at the hotel actually); very stylish fellow, lovely wife too.
> He was on his way to celebrate James Earl Jones at the Kennedy Center
> honors.

>> I met him when I
>> was about 14. I met him and Danny Glover at the same time (DG was
>> not a huge star then -- on the cusp of some important roles). JEJ
>> talked to me all about college and my future plans and DG couldn't
>> have been nicer. What lovely, lovely people they were. Well, I
>> guess celebs have good and bad days like the rest of us.

."

--
nimue

"The discovery of teaching was a miracle."
Louise Gluck

nimue

Aug 31, 2005, 10:13:43 PM8/31/05

It's nice to know he is still as sweet as he was all those years ago when I
met him.

> Hudson

nimue

Aug 31, 2005, 10:15:54 PM8/31/05
mkrue...@aol.com wrote:
> Former football star/cokehead Laurence Taylor. He was hired for a
> corporate event to play golf with a group of employees and paid to
> "meet and greet" them at a cocktail party afterwards. Instead of
> staying at one hole and allowing everybody to play through so everyone
> could meet him, he rode around the course in a golf cart with his
> publicist, swilling cans of beer, and said he wanted to play the whole
> course whether anyone met him or not. Afterwards, at the party, he
> hulked in a corner with a big black hat pulled down over his face and
> acted unapproachable and gruff.
> The nicest celebrity I ever met was author Kurt Vonnegut.

Ahhh! I had a psychic feeling he would come up. I knew him for quite a
while, actually, and he is the loveliest, loveliest man. His wife, Jill
Krementz, on the other hand, is one of the most insane bitches on the face
of the earth. She really must be crazy -- she is so horrible.

>I recognized
> him sitting alone on a bench in Manhattan, and approached him to tell
> him I was a fan of his novels. He asked me about myself, and what did
> I do, and seemed genuinely interested. We had a long conversation,
> and he was extremely friendly.

Sounds just like him. What a great guy!

nimue

Aug 31, 2005, 10:17:16 PM8/31/05

I knew a girl who once approached Johnny Rotten. He snarled, "What the fuck
do you want?" and she said, "You've just given it to me." She said he was
so startled he had to smile.

nimue

Aug 31, 2005, 10:20:44 PM8/31/05
Phoenix wrote:
> In article <1125525848.5...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> pl...@quentincrisp.com says...
>> Met Albert Brooks at a party. The onion dip was friendlier.
>>
>> My ne plus ultra bitch, though, is Patti Smith. Just after "Horses"
>> came out -- yup, thirty years ago -- I approached her in a bookstore
>> and asked for her autograph. She told me to f*ck myself.
>

> What a delicious bitch! Honey, you should be proud Patti Smith told
> you to fuck yourself. It's like having Joe Strummer sneer at you.

I never heard anything about JS being rude to fans, actually. I loved him.
My heart broke when he died.

Foxxy Foxx1

Aug 31, 2005, 10:38:00 PM8/31/05

I believe everything nasty I read or hear about MISS Ross. I have never
'yet' heard or read anything nice about her, and she has been around for
a very long time.

I have a relative who just loves DR. Whenever I tell her all the nasty
things I find out about DR, she never believes me.
She says I pay too much attention to gossip, and anyone as "wonderful"
as Miss Ross could 'never' be nasty or rude.

I love Barbra Streisand, but I know she's a total b*tch, too. I don't
think I've ever read or heard anything nice about her, either.
But I figure you don't have to like someone personally to appreciate
what they do. However, if I ever heard or read anything unpleasant
about Meryl Streep, I would be deeply shocked. She seems so nice and
unpretentious.

huds...@aol.com

Aug 31, 2005, 10:49:30 PM8/31/05
> --
well, it's probably been about 8 years since I met him...so at least we
know he was still sweet then :-)

Hudson

Calla

Aug 31, 2005, 10:57:58 PM8/31/05

Phoenix wrote:
> In article <df2gt...@drn.newsguy.com>, Miss_...@newsguy.com
> says...
> > Who was she/he? Details.
> >

> Nina Totenberg

You forgot the details!!

Calla

Aug 31, 2005, 11:01:52 PM8/31/05

oops never mind ... I found the details.

Phoenix

Aug 31, 2005, 11:59:50 PM8/31/05
Janiej...@aol.com says...

Done!

I miss Joe so much.

bel

Phoenix

Sep 1, 2005, 12:02:00 AM9/1/05
In article <0AtRe.11290$ZG2.1...@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
cup_o...@yahoo.com says...

> Phoenix wrote:
> > In article <1125525848.5...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> > pl...@quentincrisp.com says...
> >> Met Albert Brooks at a party. The onion dip was friendlier.
> >>
> >> My ne plus ultra bitch, though, is Patti Smith. Just after "Horses"
> >> came out -- yup, thirty years ago -- I approached her in a bookstore
> >> and asked for her autograph. She told me to f*ck myself.
> >

> > What a delicious bitch! Honey, you should be proud Patti Smith told
> > you to fuck yourself. It's like having Joe Strummer sneer at you.
>
> I never heard anything about JS being rude to fans, actually. I loved him.
> My heart broke when he died.

I know. I shed tears. But Joe had the sexiest sneer.

bel - and we've changed the reference to John Lydon.

Pook

Sep 1, 2005, 12:47:49 AM9/1/05

Miss Manners wrote:
> Who was she/he? Details.

Dick Cavet or Cavett, not sure how to spell his last name. A total
jerk. He was set to speak in Nebraska, his home state, about an
interview he did with John G. Neihardt (who wrote a book about Black
Elk Speaks).

I'm not sure if he was drunk or just insane. He appeared to sleep
through other's speeches, I believe he wore dark shades if I remember
right.

Later, when singing autographs I asked him if he had ever had the
opportunity to interview Marlon Brando (who I had just become familiar
and enamored with). You may know that Marlon was famous for being
very-press shy. Didn't give many interviews at all.

I believe by the time I was a regular TV watcher, Cavet was long gone.
At least I never saw him.

His reply to me "How old are you?". 21 I replied. He asked my name
(which I found out was also his wife's name) and then wrote and spoke
outloud "Carrie, Sorry Your So Ignorant". The group laughed and I was
humiliated. It really brought down my day. I still don't know the
answer, I don't give a crap. I don't care if Cavet lives or dies.

As a young woman who would have little way to know, I was pretty bummed
and just walked away trying not to cry. Ignorant...the ultimate insult.
I felt that I was more "educated" than the average 21 year old. At
least I knew (in 1997) who the heck Cavet was without it being
explained to me and who Marlon was and gave a rat's ass.

To this day, I wish I had crumbled up the paper on the spot, threw it
down and said something witty and cruel. But no, I walked off wanting
to shed a tear, and wandered into the Centers bookstore where I had one
of the BEST encounters with an author, Harvey Arden, who was also a
guest speaker. You probably never have heard of Harvey, I don't think
he's famous.

But anyway I must share that because it reminded me at a very bad
moment that there are some really good people in the world.

I hadn't brought any money, but found his book to seem very
interesting. He was very friendly and says take it, here's my
card...send me the money. Its very rare that people trust each other
this much. Especially in the Caucasian culture. I've noticed it a lot
in the Hispanic culture, where I've come up short and the people just
say "Pay next time".

Harvey though like me was Caucasian but was heavily influenced I think
by Native American wisdom. He signed the book, and I was so touched
that when I got home I sent the check RIGHT away and included a note
about how he changed my day.

In regard to DICK, I told the organizer of the speakers, who happened
to also be a Professor at my college. She just said "Well, he's
manic-depressive". Oh,kay, so he's bipolar, that means he can treat
people like crap? I think not.

My husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) was very ticked off. He
is very funny and had aspirations of going into entertainment. He had a
good fantasy- he would be on a talk show and be introduced to the
previous guest, DICK. DICK would go to shake his also famous hand and
he would squeeze it so hard that DICK would wish he had never said one
word to me.

Every Picture Tells a Spanglie

Sep 1, 2005, 12:48:20 AM9/1/05

Joe Strummer was an incredibly nice guy! Even in the early days
>> when punks were supposed to be rude, he would hang out with fans and
>> even let them crash in his hotel room. Toward the end, when he was
>> hanging out at Glastonberry and hosting Strummerville, anyone could
>> hang out with him. Maybe change it to having John Lydon sneer? :)
>>
>> --Jen
>
> Done!
>
> I miss Joe so much.
>
> bel

I've met John Lydon, actually. He put his arm around me and was very
gracious and sweet. Super friendly, which I didn't expect at all. No sneers.
He was far more jovial in person that I ever expected him to be or than I've
witnessed in many an interview over the years... It was as if he'd had an
extra boost that day of carrot juice with Echinacea or something. He was
categorically charming and I was stumped by it...

He was a complete doll, but somebody really needs to tell him not to wear
polka dotted shirts anymore. It just looked hideous, the poor thing. It made
his belly look bigger than it actually is and I felt like somebody who's
close to him needs to tell him it's really not a good look for him...

The rudest celebrity I've ever met was probably Joan Baez. She wasn't
necessarily rude to *me* personally, but I could tell she was in love with
herself and I found it ridiculous that she'd sign certain people's CDs *on*
the disc itself and then with other people she insisted on signing the liner
notes when they asked for the disc to be signed.

It pissed a good handful of people off. It was like she was making a case by
case judgment of whether a person was worth it or something. She also had a
real problem with direct eye contact. She'd look down or away and act aloof
when making direct contact with the fans. She acted very much like she was
doing everybody a huge favor and didn't really *WANT* to be interacting with
the public that day.

She was sort of snotty. The worst story I ever heard about a rude celebrity
was one about DIONNE WARWICK, however... She was the guest singer for my
mom's high school reunion and was paid ahead of time to perform a whole
concert.

She arrived late without an apology, sang four songs in a rushed and
unenthusiastic manner and then left, never responding later to any phone
calls about reimbursement or rescheduling the concert. She was unapologetic,
dressed in a "boring, casual, uninviting sweater and casual, faded Capri
style jeans" and just didn't really care about the fact that this was
planned ahead of time and she had screwed everyone over. The songs were all
off her most recent (at the time) album, too, and none of them were old
favorites or "timeless classics".

Typical that a relative of Whitney Houston's would act that way. No surprise
there. That was only comment when I heard what had happened...LOL....

JN

Pook

Sep 1, 2005, 1:00:38 AM9/1/05

Miss Manners wrote:
> Who was she/he? Details.

I heard it said, that the A-listers are normally pretty decent. like
Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks, George Clooney. Its usually the pricks that THINK
they are hot but aren't that re the rudest. I went to a fan club dinner
for the soap SANTA BARBARA in '87. Everyone there was pretty nice:
especially Nancy Lee Grahn (now on General Hosptial)and Timothy Gibbs
(on another soap or two) who I didn't met personally but he wrote me a
2 page PERSONAL letter saying he was sorry he missed me that night, his
car got broken into at the party.

Peter Love (former Ryan's Hope star) seemed the rudest and this girl
named Julie St Claire just seemed to have mega-bitch vibe, like she was
only there for the party but really didn't pay attention to fans. Ever
heard of either of them since. If even before?

Nope, I don't think Peter Love even has a credit to his name since.
Fine with me.

Font of All Important Info

Sep 1, 2005, 1:58:14 AM9/1/05
On 31 Aug 2005 18:36:47 -0700, "Jesse McCann" <jleo...@aol.com> felt
compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>Did you hear about when Mr. Danzig got the snot beat out of him
>backstage by a member of a local opening act? There's a video clip.
>
>Yes, I did, and I loved that clip!

where can one find said clip?

--dez

...a pistol-hot cup of Dez...

"Chef of chicanery, your buns are mine!"
--the Tick

Font of All Important Info

Sep 1, 2005, 2:00:48 AM9/1/05
On 31 Aug 2005 18:45:37 -0700, "Jesse McCann" <jleo...@aol.com> felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>Harlan Ellison, but that's like saying water is wet. I think people

i've seen Harlan holding forth before and he seemed pretty funny, but
i didn't actually go up and talk to him because everyone i know who
knows him, whether they like him or not, thinks he's batshit crazy.

Font of All Important Info

Sep 1, 2005, 2:06:03 AM9/1/05
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 04:02:00 GMT, Phoenix <avian...@yahoo.com> felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>In article <0AtRe.11290$ZG2.1...@twister.nyc.rr.com>,

>cup_o...@yahoo.com says...
>> Phoenix wrote:
>> > In article <1125525848.5...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>> > pl...@quentincrisp.com says...

>> > What a delicious bitch! Honey, you should be proud Patti Smith told
>> > you to fuck yourself. It's like having Joe Strummer sneer at you.
>>
>> I never heard anything about JS being rude to fans, actually. I loved him.
>> My heart broke when he died.
>
>I know. I shed tears. But Joe had the sexiest sneer.

i met him after a show--his manager came out and rounded up a bunch of
us stragglers and took us to Joe's dressing room. i wound up
approaching Joe for an autograph and i cracked a joke that made him
laugh pretty loudly. later, when i asked if there were still tickets
available for the next gig, he put me on the guest list. that was
thrilling enough, but it got better when i went to the gig and found
out that he'd left backstage passes with the tickets, too! so i wound
up hanging out at his after-party and he saw me and said he was glad i
could make it. just a sweet, sweet man.

--dez (plus i wound up meeting Dave Foley & his girlfriend [wife?] at
the after-party and they were also very nice)

2nz

Sep 1, 2005, 2:37:18 AM9/1/05

Font of All Important Info wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2005 18:36:47 -0700, "Jesse McCann" <jleo...@aol.com> felt
> compelled by mysterious forces to say:
>
> >Did you hear about when Mr. Danzig got the snot beat out of him
> >backstage by a member of a local opening act? There's a video clip.
> >
> >Yes, I did, and I loved that clip!
>
> where can one find said clip?

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2644574?htv=12

psychotic episode

Sep 1, 2005, 2:58:31 AM9/1/05

nimue wrote:

> pl...@quentincrisp.com wrote:
>
>>Met Albert Brooks at a party. The onion dip was friendlier.
>>
>>My ne plus ultra bitch, though, is Patti Smith. Just after "Horses"
>>came out -- yup, thirty years ago -- I approached her in a bookstore
>>and asked for her autograph. She told me to f*ck myself.
>

> I knew a girl who once approached Johnny Rotten. He snarled, "What the fuck
> do you want?" and she said, "You've just given it to me." She said he was
> so startled he had to smile.

HA! That is a great little story. Thanks for sharing it. :D

Dr. Sooz

Sep 1, 2005, 3:01:02 AM9/1/05
"My ne plus ultra bitch, though, is Patti Smith. Just after "Horses"
came out -- yup, thirty years ago -- I approached her in a bookstore
and asked for her autograph. She told me to f*ck myself."
~~~~~~~
Oh, how could I forget? I ran into Patti Smith in 1977. She was nasty
on purpose. Went out of her way to sneer at people halfway across a
restaurant if they dropped something. I thought she went to an awful
lot of trouble and expended a lot of unnecessary energy to try to make
other people feel bad.

chemqueries

Sep 1, 2005, 3:16:09 AM9/1/05
This probably goes without saying. . . Whitney Houston is supposed to
be a horror. Although I've never met her, I know people who met her or
were forced to interact with her. Some scenes in "The Preacher's Wife"
were filmed on Main Street in Tarrytown, New York. Some of my friends
and acquaintances in Tarrytown said that Whitney was very arrogant and
rude to passersby and to local merchants. On the other hand, they said
Denzel Washington was just the opposite -- very nice and respectful
towards the store-owners and town residents.

Phoenix

Sep 1, 2005, 3:22:57 AM9/1/05
In article <mb6dh117rs4fdq3jt...@4ax.com>,
dez...@ix.netcom.com says...

You lucky chica! That's an experience fit for your journal. Hold onto
it.

bel

nimue

Sep 1, 2005, 6:13:09 AM9/1/05

Yeah, I guess he'd prefer that.

extex

Sep 1, 2005, 7:09:17 AM9/1/05
Hey I went to that SB convention :)
Jed Allen and Nick Coster were super nice.
Nancy and Lane were very nice too.

Pook

Sep 1, 2005, 8:45:21 AM9/1/05

Cool! I never met Lane, actually he wasn't at the two I attended, in
'87 and '91, but there were others I missed. I would have LOVED to have
met Lane Davies.

Nancy, wow, I don't think I have ever met such a down-to-earth lady,
celeb or non-celeb she was just terrific. She told me I had a beautiful
smile "braces and all".

Did you meet Robin Wright? I did at the '87 one. Robin seemed shy but
sweet. I certainly didn't think she was rude, but it was after The
PRINCESS BRIDE had just come out and I think she was a bit overwhelmed,
she had tons of security around her. I think today, even though she is
more famous, she and Sean don't get flocked by a lot of security.

CliffB

Sep 1, 2005, 12:41:26 PM9/1/05

She must have been having another of her bad hair days......or was a
bad teeth day?

Messalina

Sep 1, 2005, 12:51:19 PM9/1/05

Font of All Important Info wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2005 18:45:37 -0700, "Jesse McCann" <jleo...@aol.com> felt
> compelled by mysterious forces to say:
>
> >Harlan Ellison, but that's like saying water is wet. I think people
> >expect it of him, and they get what they expect. He wasn't *very*
> >rude, he just scowled and looked put-upon while signing a book. He
> >didn't toss me down an elevator shaft or anything.
> >__
> >
> >On the other hand, Harlan was very nice to me, very gracious, when we
> >met. He was so nice, I sent him a present, and he called me back to
> >thank me.
>
> i've seen Harlan holding forth before and he seemed pretty funny, but
> i didn't actually go up and talk to him because everyone i know who
> knows him, whether they like him or not, thinks he's batshit crazy.
>
> --dez

I went out with him years and years ago. I too think he's batshit
crazy. It seems to be the effect he's going for.

Mez

Messalina

Sep 1, 2005, 1:00:01 PM9/1/05

MC wrote:
> Didn't meet him myself, but a colleague at a TV station did. Went to to
> interview Danny Kaye to help publicize a charity event he was hosting.
>
> Mean and nasty. I saw the tape.
>
> --
>
> "If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it."
> --Elmore Leonard

Speaking of Elmore Leonard, let me say that he is a lovely, loyal man.
When I was a kid I temped at this crazy talent agency, H.N. Swanson.
Swanson was an agent from the golden era, but by the time I was there
Swanson was ancient and doddering and the agency was past its prime.
All the offices there were empty except for two, and the clients were
all nobodies and has-beens...except for Elmore Leonard. Seems
"Swannie" had given him a break when he was starting out and even
though Leonard was a huge success and had enormous cache in Hollywood,
he refused to trade up for a better agency.

Mez

Message has been deleted

maryanne kehoe

Sep 1, 2005, 7:15:02 PM9/1/05
Stories of Coretta Scott King being rude are legends here in Atlanta!

nimue

Sep 1, 2005, 7:19:40 PM9/1/05
explorer wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> "Font of All Important Info" <dez...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> What is funny to me about all the talk of Joe Strummer is that until
> last week I had never heard of the guy and the only reason I heard of
> him last week was because I was watching an old Keanu Reeves flick
> (1989) and Strummer did several pieces of music for it. I only
> remembered the name because I was amused that all that guitar music
> was written by a guy named "strummer".

How old are you? Go buy a Clash album RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Phoenix

Sep 1, 2005, 9:36:24 PM9/1/05
In article <g0MRe.3981$x43.1...@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
cup_o...@yahoo.com says...

London Calling - ASAP

bel

uly...@mscomm.com

Sep 1, 2005, 9:47:59 PM9/1/05
Jerry Lewis, Mickey Rooney and Milton Berle are the three rudest
celebrities I've ever met. All three were intolerably arrogant and
sickening JERKS!

Font of All Important Info

Sep 2, 2005, 2:46:53 AM9/2/05
On 31 Aug 2005 23:37:18 -0700, "2nz" <U.Betc...@gmail.com> felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>Font of All Important Info wrote:
>> On 31 Aug 2005 18:36:47 -0700, "Jesse McCann" <jleo...@aol.com> felt
>> compelled by mysterious forces to say:
>>
>> >Did you hear about when Mr. Danzig got the snot beat out of him
>> >backstage by a member of a local opening act? There's a video clip.
>> >
>> >Yes, I did, and I loved that clip!
>>
>> where can one find said clip?
>
>http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2644574?htv=12

BWAHAHAHHAHA! thank you so much for that!

--dez ("you're still an asshole!")

Font of All Important Info

Sep 2, 2005, 2:50:21 AM9/2/05
On 1 Sep 2005 09:51:19 -0700, "Messalina" <messa...@yahoo.com> felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>Font of All Important Info wrote:
>> On 31 Aug 2005 18:45:37 -0700, "Jesse McCann" <jleo...@aol.com> felt
>> compelled by mysterious forces to say:
>>
>> >Harlan Ellison, but that's like saying water is wet. I think people
>> >expect it of him, and they get what they expect. He wasn't *very*
>> >rude, he just scowled and looked put-upon while signing a book. He
>> >didn't toss me down an elevator shaft or anything.
>> >__
>> >
>> >On the other hand, Harlan was very nice to me, very gracious, when we
>> >met. He was so nice, I sent him a present, and he called me back to
>> >thank me.
>>
>> i've seen Harlan holding forth before and he seemed pretty funny, but
>> i didn't actually go up and talk to him because everyone i know who
>> knows him, whether they like him or not, thinks he's batshit crazy.
>>
>> --dez
>

>I went out with him years and years ago. I too think he's batshit
>crazy. It seems to be the effect he's going for.

what's really funny is that my friends who hate him can't have a full
hate-on for him because of his talent. they wish he was a hack so
they could just dismiss him altogether, but they can't. but whenever
his name comes up, i get to hear all sorts of colorful nicknames (like
"that fucking bastard" or "goddamn prick!") :-D

JAH

Sep 2, 2005, 8:44:19 AM9/2/05

He's always been nice to me. I have his number if I ever need to get
in touch with him. And no, I won't give it out, so don't ask.

JAH

60% off Net Crimes & Misdemeanors
http://www.netcrimes.net/order.html
www.livejournal.com/users/netcrimes

pl...@quentincrisp.com

Sep 2, 2005, 10:50:37 AM9/2/05
> London Calling - ASAP

Okay, I'm coming out of the closet. Since the very second it came out,
I thought "Sandanista" was the Clash's best album, and I still think so
to this day. Every second of it is absolutely brilliant, and "Lose
This Skin" is up there with Massive Attack's "Unfinished Sympathy" as
one of the greatest songs of all time.

Messalina

Sep 2, 2005, 12:05:35 PM9/2/05

When I knew him it was listed. He seemed quite proud of the fact.

Mez

It is loading more messages.