Diane Keaton - what's with the gloves?

Chemqueries

Dec 3, 2003, 4:41:52 PM12/3/03
This morning she was on The Today Show discussing her soon-to-be-released movie
with Jack Nicholson. Once again, she was wearing black gloves while being
interviewed indoors. Is she trying to prevent her fingerprints from being left
on everything she touches? Does she have some dreaded disease that affects the
hands? I've always like Diane Keaton, but isn't it about time that she stop the
fashion gimmicks? She's such an attractive woman, and she looks great for her
age, so why does she have to ruin it with costumes that not even a rebellious
teenager would be caught dead in?

Aware1

Dec 3, 2003, 5:28:37 PM12/3/03
On 03 Dec 2003 21:41:52 GMT, chemq...@aol.com (Chemqueries) dented
& constricted & squeezed out the following:

Closet nailbiter?

DustBunny

Dec 3, 2003, 5:32:02 PM12/3/03
"Aware1" <pwo...@mindssprings.com> wrote in message

There was an interview with her in EW a few weeks ago...they said even
though it was a hot summer day in LA she wore several layers of clothes,
including a wool blazer. Maybe she's always cold?

--
Evelyn
Todays' motivational slogan: Every journey begins with a reason to flee

SandraW9

Dec 3, 2003, 5:45:31 PM12/3/03

In an interview several years ago I recall her saying about her style of dress
that she just doesn't like having any skin exposed.
Unfortunately, her answer was not questioned so I don't know why she prefers
this. However, ever since I always notice that her characters always have the
same dress style.

the bionic glove chick

Dec 3, 2003, 6:21:57 PM12/3/03
>Subject: Re: Diane Keaton - what's with the gloves?
>From: "DustBunny" who...@earthlinc.net
>Date: 12/3/2003 5:32 PM Eastern Standard Time

Raynaud's Syndrome? It's why I wear gloves constantly (with R.
arthritis)...even while typing. Even when working retail; picking up change,
whathaveyou. Most customers thought the idea clever.
Gloves are great...just takes some getting used to.

-K.S.
David Bowie is a god. You know you want to worship him.

Cauldron3

Dec 3, 2003, 6:24:51 PM12/3/03
liver spots

Billie

Dec 3, 2003, 6:27:14 PM12/3/03
>In an interview several years ago I recall her saying about her style of
>dress
>that she just doesn't like having any skin exposed.
>Unfortunately, her answer was not questioned so I don't know why she prefers
>this. However, ever since I always notice that her characters always have
>the
>same dress style.

Except that she's totally nude in her new movie. She was on "The View" with the
black gloves also. I like her, but she's weird.

Billie

"STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"

Billie

Dec 3, 2003, 7:50:47 PM12/3/03
>Billie <pusss...@aol.com> wrote in alt.gossip.celebrities:

>> Except that she's totally nude in her new movie. She was on "The
>> View" with the black gloves also. I like her, but she's weird.
>>
>> Billie
>>

>Was it her or a double?

She swears it was her.

Buttercup

Dec 3, 2003, 11:23:33 PM12/3/03
>From: chemq...@aol.com (Chemqueries)

>she was wearing black gloves while being
>interviewed indoors

Her aged hands don't match her face lifts?

(`*·.¸(`*·.¸¸.·*´)¸.·*´)
«´¨ `Buttercup ´¨`»
(¸.·'´`(¸*·'´'·.*`)`'·. ¸)

How do you like them apples?

Chemqueries

Dec 3, 2003, 11:34:29 PM12/3/03
>From: butterc...@aol.comprende (Buttercup)

>Her aged hands don't match her face lifts?

Hi Buttercup. I'm uncertain whether Keaton has had face lifts. I do remember
hearing her say several years ago that she hadn't had cosmetic surgery and
would not, but then, of course, so many of them lie, like Halle Berry! I don't
get the best reception on my TV, but from the picture I saw this morning of
Keaton on the Today Show, it looked as if she was developing a "turkey waddle"
-- you know, that redundant skin under the chin. Buy perhaps not. It may just
be my lousy TV. I do intend to see her new movie when it comes out in a week or
so, so we'll be able to see then whether she's "had some work done."

PattyC

Dec 3, 2003, 11:59:58 PM12/3/03

"Buttercup" <butterc...@aol.comprende> wrote in message

> >From: chemq...@aol.com (Chemqueries)
>
> >she was wearing black gloves while being
> >interviewed indoors
>
> Her aged hands don't match her face lifts?
>

> (`*·.¸(`*·.¸¸.·*´)¸.·*´)
> «´¨ `Buttercup ´¨`»
> (¸.·'´`(¸*·'´'·.*`)`'·. ¸)

She looks like she has NEVER had a face lift and that's refreshing. A
regular looking person in her fifties.

Katie Couric asked her about the gloves and she said something like it was
just a silly fashion/fun thing.

PattyC

urb...@webtv.net

Dec 4, 2003, 6:59:40 AM12/4/03

She has scissor hands .....

Billie

Dec 4, 2003, 8:25:17 AM12/4/03
>From: "PattyC"

>She looks like she has NEVER had a face lift and that's refreshing. A
>regular looking person in her fifties.
>
>Katie Couric asked her about the gloves and she said something like it was
>just a silly fashion/fun thing.
>
>PattyC

I agree she hasn't had a facelift. I'm sure she's had work done on her skin,
which everyone does.

The gloves have certainly gotten her a lot of attention, so for whatever
reason, it's working for her...lol.

CliffB

Dec 4, 2003, 8:37:01 AM12/4/03
in article 20031204082517...@mb-m24.aol.com, Billie at
pusss...@aol.com wrote on 12/4/03 8:25 AM:

Maybe they look like her feet.

EEEEGAAHH!

Dec 4, 2003, 10:19:50 AM12/4/03

Chemqueries wrote:

> Once again, she was wearing black gloves while being
> interviewed indoors. Is she trying to prevent her fingerprints from being left
> on everything she touches? Does she have some dreaded disease that affects the
> hands?

Maybe she has a germ phobia.

Makan amess

Dec 4, 2003, 7:03:46 PM12/4/03
maybe she has vitiligo.

Patty

Dec 4, 2003, 7:43:17 PM12/4/03
"Makan amess" <makan...@aol.com> wrote in message news:20031204190346...@mb-m23.aol.com...
> maybe she has vitiligo.

Maybe she's a magician.

charliekilo

Dec 4, 2003, 7:51:06 PM12/4/03
"Patty" <eartha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dammit....martini all over the keyboard! LOL!

mikki

Dec 5, 2003, 1:19:25 PM12/5/03
I'm working from my age-affected memory here, but I distinctly remember hearing
that Diane spends hours putting outfits together and they have to be perfect and
very detailed. Belts and purses and jewelry and jackets, etc. all have to be
exactly how she wants them, so the gloves must be another fun accessory for her.

--
Take Care, Be Well.
;~)

Chitter Chatter

Dec 6, 2003, 2:14:16 AM12/6/03
<< Subject: Re: Diane Keaton - what's with the gloves?
From: "mikki" letsgoto...@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 10:19 AM

I'm working from my age-affected memory here, but I distinctly remember hearing
that Diane spends hours putting outfits together and they have to be perfect
and
very detailed. Belts and purses and jewelry and jackets, etc. all have to be
exactly how she wants them, so the gloves must be another fun accessory for
her.

Whatever the case, she's fucking ugly, un-sexy, and has terrible fashion sense.
She has always come off as a repressed WASP.

-------

[Official!] Keeper of the Wonderful, Talented, Handsome Oscar-winner...

Benicio del Toro

Offical web site: http://www.beniciodeltoro.com

[Note: I have no affiliation with the site or site owner]

Chemqueries

Dec 6, 2003, 2:20:59 AM12/6/03
>sweetlil...@aol.complicated (Chitter Chatter)

>She has always come off as a repressed WASP.

Isn't that what she was supposed to be in "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" and "Annie
Hall"? As far as "Annie Hall" is concerned, I'm pretty sure that Woody Allen
based a lot of the movie on Diane Keaton's life and on his real-life
relationship with her. Her real name is Diane Hall. His original title for the
movie was "Anhedonia," which is a medical term for the inability to experience
pleasure. After spending some time with Diane Keaton's family, he decided to
change the name of the movie to "Annie Hall."

Chitter Chatter

Dec 6, 2003, 2:44:54 AM12/6/03
From: chemq...@aol.com (Chemqueries)
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 11:20 PM

>sweetlil...@aol.complicated (Chitter Chatter)

I just can't fucking STAND her. I have never, ever liked her. All the movies
I've seen her in...only a few...have been b/c there was someone else in the
movie I wanted to see, and I had to just fucking endure her. She is
soooooooooooooooo boring and bland to me. I think she plays herself and this
passes as talent.

Chemqueries

Dec 6, 2003, 2:50:26 AM12/6/03
>From: sweetlil...@aol.complicated
> I think she plays herself and this
>passes as talent.
I think that's true of a lot of actors, including Jack Nicholson. One exception
to that would be Nicholson's role in "About Schmidt." I read that several
directors and screenwriters have actually given the script to Nicholson before
filming began so that he could re-write the lines in his own words and style.
Polanski said that much of "Chinatown" was written with Jack in mind.

Chitter Chatter

Dec 6, 2003, 3:12:38 AM12/6/03
From: chemq...@aol.com (Chemqueries)
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 11:50 PM

Yep. For this reason I have never been impressed with JN and I can't believe
how other actors idolize him. He plays himself, for crying out loud!!! I've
seen the man on TV, in interviews, at awards shows, etc. He is exactly the way
he is onscreen. Not impressive. Same goes for Clint Eastwood. Even Sean Penn
always appears to be doing Sean Penn. Which is to say he's always channeling
Robert DeNiro. And people mock Keanu Reeves! At least Keanu isn't playing
himself!

Jon

Dec 6, 2003, 3:18:39 AM12/6/03
> sweetlil...@aol.complicated (Chitter Chatter) writes:

>Yep. For this reason I have never been impressed with JN and I can't believe
>how other actors idolize him. He plays himself, for crying out loud!!!

I think he's idolized for what he gets away with. He runs through a laundry
list of women and then drops them like soiled sheets. He walks through most of
his films. And yet he still gets big roles and he still wins major awards. He
is what every male actor in Hollywood dreams of being.

Chitter Chatter

Dec 6, 2003, 7:37:37 AM12/6/03
From: acomic...@aol.comqqqq (Jon)
Date: Sat, Dec 6, 2003 12:18 AM

> sweetlil...@aol.complicated (Chitter Chatter) writes:

True. But I also think he's long been a staple of popular culture to the point
where people idolize him without even thinking. It's as if, He's JACK NICHOLSON
so of course I think he's great. So phoney. I mean, I agree with what you
say...if it were only men idolizing him. But women think he's the cat's meow,
yet everything
about him flies in the face of feminist ideals.

chillled

Dec 6, 2003, 12:18:56 PM12/6/03
Chitter Chatter wrote:

> Yep. For this reason I have never been impressed with JN and I can't believe
> how other actors idolize him. He plays himself, for crying out loud!!! I've
> seen the man on TV, in interviews, at awards shows, etc. He is exactly the way
> he is onscreen. Not impressive. Same goes for Clint Eastwood. Even Sean Penn
> always appears to be doing Sean Penn. Which is to say he's always channeling
> Robert DeNiro. And people mock Keanu Reeves! At least Keanu isn't playing
> himself!

He's so good at acting seething, repressed rage that he's been used too
much for it in the movies. And he has a lot of mannerisms that he
doesn't hide but uses in character. It doesn't mean he can't act,
though it probably means he's gotten a little lazy or too fond of being
a star. Jack Lemmon and Jimmy Stewart both used their tics and
mannerisms in character; I don't think anyone would deny they could act
(although I quit watching Jack Lemmon after awhile because I couldn't
stand his tics any longer).

Wull

Dec 6, 2003, 12:20:04 PM12/6/03
Has anyone in this thread mentioned gambling?

Many women wear gloves so their hands do not get
black from handling all those filthy coins? Or
maybe she bites her nails, :-)

Wull

Chitter Chatter

Dec 6, 2003, 1:51:25 PM12/6/03
From: Wull wjma...@datarecall.net
Date: Sat, Dec 6, 2003 9:20 AM

Has anyone in this thread mentioned gambling?

Many women wear gloves so their hands do not get
black from handling all those filthy coins? Or
maybe she bites her nails, :-)

Wull >>

The truth is more likely what some of us suspect which is that Keaton is just a
fruitcake who doesn't know SHIT about fashion and who hates her body so much
that she needs to have every inch of it covered up...all year round. Just like
her character in the movie.

onebyone

Dec 6, 2003, 3:41:08 PM12/6/03
Well HELL! ..........A person can't win with this group of people. If she
weren't wearing gloves, you all would be bitching about how old her hands
looked.

"Chitter Chatter" <sweetlil...@aol.complicated> wrote in message

Anita

Dec 6, 2003, 8:14:10 PM12/6/03
sweetlil...@aol.complicated (Chitter Chatter) wrote in message news:<20031206135125...@mb-m07.aol.com>...

> The truth is more likely what some of us suspect which is that Keaton is just a
> fruitcake who doesn't know SHIT about fashion and who hates her body so much
> that she needs to have every inch of it covered up...all year round. Just like
> her character in the movie.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting bandwidth responding to your idiot
remarks, but here goes: Diane Keaton is beautiful and talented, and
you're a loser...

Robin

Dec 6, 2003, 10:21:30 PM12/6/03
I must admit, I've always wondered why she always covers up right up to
her throat. Like her, though, a lot. I remember when she was just
starting out, and appeared on Johnny Carson for the first time. She
sang a song, and I remember thinking her voice was so beautiful, clear
like a bell. She was terrified, shaking and wasn't able to hide it or
compose herself. I remember feeling embarrassed for her.
Once again, dating myself.
Robin

In article <E9rAb.952$R9...@twister.socal.rr.com>,
"onebyone" <oneb...@nospam.com> wrote:

--
"Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a desperate battle." Philo of Alexandria. Do not email if posting a response. TO EMAIL, REPLACE X WITH 4

Chitter Chatter

Dec 7, 2003, 8:56:24 AM12/7/03
From: raiz...@earthlink.net (Anita)
Date: Sat, Dec 6, 2003 5:14 PM

sweetlil...@aol.complicated (Chitter Chatter) wrote in message

> The truth is more likely what some of us suspect which is that Keaton is just
> fruitcake who doesn't know SHIT about fashion and who hates her body so much
> that she needs to have every inch of it covered up...all year round. Just
like
> her character in the movie.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting bandwidth responding to your idiot
remarks, >>

Maybe b/c you lack self-control?

E Varden

Dec 7, 2003, 10:00:23 AM12/7/03
Chitter Chatter wrote:
>.
.
.

. I mean, I agree with what you
> say...if it were only men idolizing him. But women think he's the cat's meow,
> yet everything
> about him flies in the face of feminist ideals.

Well, Darling, what do you think the message is, there?

P Nicholson. (Purring)

mayjas...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2015, 2:39:13 PM8/25/15
On Wednesday, December 3, 2003 at 4:42:19 PM UTC-5, Chemqueries wrote:
> This morning she was on The Today Show discussing her soon-to-be-released movie
> with Jack Nicholson. Once again, she was wearing black gloves while being
> interviewed indoors. Is she trying to prevent her fingerprints from being left
> on everything she touches? Does she have some dreaded disease that affects the
> hands? I've always like Diane Keaton, but isn't it about time that she stop the
> fashion gimmicks? She's such an attractive woman, and she looks great for her
> age, so why does she have to ruin it with costumes that not even a rebellious
> teenager would be caught dead in?

I'll bet she doesn't have a brown spot on her hands or anywhere else from the sun. Smart lady!

Will Dockery

Aug 25, 2015, 5:41:30 PM8/25/15
On Saturday, December 6, 2003 at 2:44:56 AM UTC-5, Chitter Chatter wrote:
> << Subject: Re: Diane Keaton - what's with the gloves?
> From: chemq...@aol.com (Chemqueries)
> Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 11:20 PM
>
> >sweetlil...@aol.complicated (Chitter Chatter)
>
> >She has always come off as a repressed WASP.
> Isn't that what she was supposed to be in "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" and "Annie
> Hall"? As far as "Annie Hall" is concerned, I'm pretty sure that Woody Allen
> based a lot of the movie on Diane Keaton's life and on his real-life
> relationship with her. Her real name is Diane Hall. His original title for the
> movie was "Anhedonia," which is a medical term for the inability to experience
> pleasure. After spending some time with Diane Keaton's family, he decided to
> change the name of the movie to "Annie Hall."
> >>

> I just can't fucking STAND her. I have never, ever liked her. All the movies
> I've seen her in...only a few...have been b/c there was someone else in the
> movie I wanted to see, and I had to just fucking endure her. She is
> soooooooooooooooo boring and bland to me. I think she plays herself and this
> passes as talent.

Not even in Annie Hall?

:D

love.b...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2017, 9:49:02 PM11/29/17
She had bulimia, and bulimia can cause things like bad teeth, and it has to do with control over life and/or one's body.
I wonder if bulimia can cause body disorders besides bad teeth. Anyone know?
I'm guessing that she may have physical imperfections from bulimia besides bad teeth that some bulimics get.

love.b...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2017, 9:56:02 PM11/29/17
Bulimia disorder, possible body dysphoria as well as bad teeth and physical imperfections from bulimia or the dysphoria

Miloch

Nov 30, 2017, 10:58:35 AM11/30/17
In article <ed2e5928-caed-401a...@googlegroups.com>,
love.b...@gmail.com says...
http://alt.gossip.celebrities.narkive.com/cXllA2Ss/diane-keaton-what-s-up-with-the-gloves

"She explained it recently on "The View" that is a fashion statement,
inspired by the old days when movie stars wore strapless gowns and elbow
length gloves. She removed the gloves for the rest of the program and
her hands looked fine to me so I don't think she is trying to hide
anything. It's interesting that very few people dress eccentrically
anymore, everyone wants to be in the current fashion which is basically
casual chic."

*