Another climate disaster unfolding in the Caribbean

MrPosti...@kymhorsell.com

Sep 19, 2017, 2:40:36 AM9/19/17
For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall.

After a very short 24 hrs of rapid intensification Maria hit Dominica
and its 72,000 inhabitatnts like a sledgehammer.

Just like the models predicted.

PM Skerrit live-tweeted from as 160 mph winds removed the roof and
flooded his house. At last report he had been rescued.

-- snip --

<http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41314881>

Hurricane Maria batters Dominica as category 5 storm

19 Sep 2017 03:29Z
From the section Latin America & Caribbean

Hurricane Maria, strengthened to a "potentially catastrophic" category
five storm, has torn into the Caribbean island of Dominica with
sustained winds of 260km/h (160mph).

Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit posted on Facebook that his roof had
been torn off and he was "at the complete mercy of the hurricane".

He said his house had flooded, later adding that he had been rescued.

Dominica's airport and ports have been closed.

Maria is moving roughly along the same track as Irma, the hurricane
that devastated the region this month.

The nearby island of Martinique has declared a maximum-level alert
while another French island, Guadeloupe, ordered evacuations.

Hurricane warnings are also in place for:

Puerto Rico: The US territory expects Maria to make landfall as a
category 3 on Tue. It escaped the worst of Irma and has
been an important hub for getting relief to islands more badly
affected. Governor Ricardo Rossello urged islanders to seek refuge

US Virgin Islands and British Virgin Islands: Both island chains
suffered severe damage from Irma and President Donald Trump
declared a state of emergency for the US territories on
Mon. British authorities fear debris left behind by Irma could
be whipped up by the new storm and pose an extra threat.

Warnings are also in effect for St Kitts and Nevis, Montserrat and St
Lucia while hurricane watches are in place for St Martin, Saba, St
Eustatius and Anguilla.

Some of these islands are still recovering after being hit by
Hurricane Irma - another category 5 hurricane which left at least
37 people dead and caused bns of dollars' worth of damage.

The islands bearing the brunt of Maria are part of the Leeward Islands
chain and include Antigua and Barbuda. The latter was evacuated after
being devastated by Irma.

<https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/10B71/production/_97856486_d4574901-4c69-43c4-a87f-062585457ba3.jpg>
Dominica's prime minister described the damage to his home

The US National Hurricane Center (NHC) increased the strength of Maria
in just a few hours on Mon from a category 2 storm, to a category
four and then to category 5 - the highest level.

Forecasters warned that heavy rainfall caused by the hurricane "could
cause life-threatening flash floods and mudslides".

[Image] Maria is moving roughly along the same path as Irma, which
devastated the Caribbean this month

<https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/CBC5/production/_97856125_hi041804747.jpg>
Dominica is a former British colony with a population of 72,000 about
half way between Guadeloupe and Martinique. The eye of the hurricane
made landfall there at 21:00 local time (01:00 GMT Tue), the NHC reported.

All ports and airports are closed and residents near the coast have
been ordered to go to authorised shelters.

Curtis Matthew, a journalist based in the capital, Roseau, told the
BBC that conditions went "very bad, rapidly".

"We are not able to even see properly what is happening on the
road. The winds are very, very strong, we can hear the noise on the
outside. We still don't know what the impact is going to be when this
is all over. But what I can say it does not look good for Dominica as
we speak," he said.

Martinique raised its alert status to "violet", the highest level, and
ordered its population to seek shelter.

In Guadeloupe, schools, businesses and govt buildings have all
been closed and severe flooding is predicted. The French govt
has ordered low-lying areas on the islands to be evacuated, AFP reports.

<https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/119E5/production/_97856127_hurricane_maria_times_624.png>
The Leeward Islands - where Maria will first strike - includes Antigua and Barbuda

The British govt said more than 1,300 troops were staying put in
the region and an additional military team had been deployed to the
British Virgin Islands where entire neighbourhoods were flattened by Irma.

Virgin boss Richard Branson, who has a home in the Virgin Islands, has
been tweeting ahead of Maria's predicted arrival, warning people to
stay safe.

Eric Holthaus @EricHolthaus 19 Sep 2017 02:21Z
Hurricane #Maria has made landfall in Dominica, the first Category 5
hurricane in recorded history to do so. Records date to 1851.
<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKDUq2oVAAE7OiQ.jpg>

Hurricane Maria makes landfall on Dominica as Category 5 storm; islands,
including Puerto Rico, brace for impact
ABC News, 19 Sep 2017 03:05Z

Fox News @FoxNews 19 Sep 2017 03:22Z
Hurricane Maria slams Caribbean as `potentially catastrophic' Category 5
storm http://fxn.ws/2hdeY4u
<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKDd0HqWAAAKY_L.jpg>

Hurricane Maria: Live updates as Prime Minister says 'Please let the world
known Dominica is devastated'
Mirror.co.uk, 19 Sep 2017 05:05Z

Body Size Of Vertebrate Species Linked To Extinction Risk, Study Finds
International Business Times, 19 Sep 2017 05:20Z

James Cook @BBCJamesCook 19 Sep 2017 05:31Z
Another disaster is unfolding in the Caribbean as 160mph #HurricaneMaria
ravages #Dominica, home to 72,000 people.
<http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41314881>
<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKEBo9sUQAEctXa.jpg>

Size matters when it comes to extinction risk
BBC News, 19 Sep 2017 00:14Z

Storms, fire and heatwave: Sunshine Coast sizzles
[Down here in sunny Vicoria we had another of those Antarctic hurricanes
over past 2 days].
The Sunshine Coast Daily, 19 Sep 2017 00:27Z

Eric Holthaus#Verified account @EricHolthaus 19 Sep 2017 00:23Z
Update: NHC has upgraded Hurricane Maria to Category 5. It was Cat 1 this
morning, one of the fastest intensifying hurricanes in history.

Senate Passes $700 Billion Pentagon Bill, More Money Than Trump Sought
New York Times, 19 Sep 2017 00:31Z

Hurricane Maria grows into a Category 5 storm, threatens storm-battered Caribbean
Los Angeles Times, 19 Sep 2017 01:11Z

UC Irvine aims to transform public health with record-breaking $200-mn donation
Los Angeles Times, 19 Sep 2017 04:16Z

TC PIPELINES LP Common Stock
TSE: TRP - 18 Sep., 4:00 pm GMT-4
62.16 CAD Price decrease 0.25 (0.40%)

Bret Cahill

Sep 19, 2017, 3:06:53 AM9/19/17
> For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall.
>
> After a very short 24 hrs of rapid intensification Maria hit Dominica
> and its 72,000 inhabitatnts like a sledgehammer.
>
> Just like the models predicted.
>
> PM Skerrit live-tweeted from as 160 mph winds removed the roof and
> flooded his house.

Bummer!

Catoni

Sep 19, 2017, 3:13:12 AM9/19/17
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 2:40:36 AM UTC-4, MrPosti...@kymhorse smell.com told more lies:

>"Another climate disaster unfolding in the Caribbean"

LIE ! ! It's a WEATHER disaster.

> For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall.

Lie ! ! There is no way you could possibly know that to be a fact ! ! !

> After a very short 24 hrs of rapid intensification Maria hit Dominica
> and its 72,000 inhabitatnts like a sledgehammer.
>
> Just like the models predicted.

Lucky shot..... that's all.

Here are 73 of your models... compared to reality....

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/CMIP5-73-models-vs-obs-20N-20S-MT-5-yr-means1.png

gordo

Sep 19, 2017, 1:55:42 PM9/19/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 00:13:10 -0700 (PDT), Catoni
<cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 2:40:36 AM UTC-4, MrPosti...@kymhorse smell.com told more lies:
>
>>"Another climate disaster unfolding in the Caribbean"
>

> LIE ! ! It's a WEATHER disaster.
>

>> For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall.
>
> Lie ! ! There is no way you could possibly know that to be a fact ! ! !

When was the other time?

>> After a very short 24 hrs of rapid intensification Maria hit Dominica
>> and its 72,000 inhabitatnts like a sledgehammer.
>>
>> Just like the models predicted.
>
> Lucky shot..... that's all.

The model was correct. Not based on luck but shows the power of new
algorithms and computers.

>Here are 73 of your models... compared to reality....
>
> http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/CMIP5-73-models-vs-obs-20N-20S-MT-5-yr-means1.png

---
http://www.avg.com

Catoni

Sep 19, 2017, 2:12:29 PM9/19/17
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 1:55:42 PM UTC-4, gordo wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 00:13:10 -0700 (PDT), Catoni
> <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 2:40:36 AM UTC-4, MrPosti...@kymhorse smell.com told more lies:
> >
> >>"Another climate disaster unfolding in the Caribbean"
> >

> > LIE ! ! It's a WEATHER disaster.
> >

> >> For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall.
> >
> > Lie ! ! There is no way you could possibly know that to be a fact ! ! !
>
> When was the other time?

Records for Atlantic hurricanes just started in 1851. You have about 4,540,000,000 years of time before that for this planet. That's a LOT of opportunity for cat 5 and higher hurricanes to hit land.

I'd bet my income for the rest of my life that this world has had LOTS of cat 5 and highr hurricanes hitting land over the years..

Prove me wrong.

I think my bet would be a hell of a lot safer bet than a bet that no cat 5 ever hit land before...

Don't you think ? ?

Since Horse smell made the INITIAL CLAIM that Maria is the first cat 5 to hit land anywhere, it's his job to prove that claim.....

....not mine to disprove it.

Horse smell made the INITIAL CLAIM in this thread. Not giving any evidence means he lies.

Catoni

Sep 19, 2017, 2:48:31 PM9/19/17
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 1:55:42 PM UTC-4, gordo wrote:

> >> For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall.
> >
> > Lie ! ! There is no way you could possibly know that to be a fact ! ! !
>
> When was the other time?

Oh... I'm sorry Gordo... you asked me "When was the other time?" ...a cat 5 ever hit land....

Okay.... I'll tell you about another Cat 5 hurricane that hit land.......

BUT WAIT.... I'LL DO EVEN BETTER....

I'll tell you of FIFTEEN OTHER TIMES (15) that measured and recorded cat 5 hurricanes have hit land...

(cat 5 and higher hurricanes hitting land that were NOT measured and recorded of course are not on the list. People have simply not been recording them with scientific instruments for very long. Or even bothering to record them at all. )

Name of Hurricane Year Land Hit While At Cat 5 Strength

"Cuba" 1924 Cuba

"Okeechobee" 1928 Puerto Rico

"Bahamas" 1932 Bahamas

"Cuba-Brownsville" 1933 Bahamas

"Labor-Day" 1935 Florida Keys

"Janet" 1955 Yucatan Peninsula

"Camille" 1969 Mississippi

"Edith" 1971 Nicaragua

"Anita" 1977 Mexico

"David" 1979 Dominican Rpublic

"Gilbert" 1988 Quintana Roo

"Andrew" 1992 Eleuthera & Florida

"Dean" 2007 Quintana Roo

"Felix" 2007 Nicaragua

"Irma" 2017 Barbuda, Saint Martin, Ginger Island, Tortula, Little Anagua, Cuba

There you go Gordo. "...the other time?"

Comment ???

Catoni

Sep 19, 2017, 2:55:22 PM9/19/17
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 1:55:42 PM UTC-4, gordo wrote:

> >> For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall.
> >
> > Lie ! ! There is no way you could possibly know that to be a fact ! ! !
>
> When was the other time?

Oh... I'm sorry. I forgot to include cites/references.....

Do fogive me please... Here you go.

References/Cites for Cat 5 hurricanes hitting land.

National Hurricane Center; Hurricane Research Division (April 11, 2017). "Atlantic hurricane best track (HURDAT version 2)". United States National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Retrieved September 19, 2017.

Mitchell, Charles L (October 1924). "Notes on the West Indian Hurricane of October 14–23, 1924" (PDF). U.S. Weather Bureau. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-21.

Clark, Gilbert B (October 26, 1988). Preliminary Report: Hurricane Gilbert (PDF) (Report). United States National Hurricane Center. p. 9. Retrieved May 6, 2017.

Rappaport, Edward N (December 10, 1993). Hurricane Andrew: August 16 – 28 (Preliminary Report). United States National Hurricane Center. Retrieved January 1, 2013.

Franklin, James L (January 31, 2008). Hurricane Dean: August 13 – 23, 2007 (PDF) (Tropical Cyclone Report). United States National Hurricane Center. Retrieved April 24, 2017.

Beven, John L (January 16, 2008). Hurricane Felix: August 31 – September 5, 2007 (PDF) (Tropical Cyclone Report). United States National Hurricane Center. Retrieved April 24, 2017.

"Hurricane Irma: Category 5 Storm Leaves Damage in Barbuda". The New York Times. Retrieved 6 September 2017.

"Monster Hurricane Irma Makes Landfall On Barbuda In Caribbean". NDTV. Agence France-Presse. Retrieved 6 September 2017.

"Irmas Historical Track". The Weather Channel. Retrieved 6 September 2017.

Berg, Robbie. "Hurricane Irma Advisory Number 40". National Hurricane Center. Retrieved 9 September 2017.

Landsea, Christopher. "Hurricane Irma Tropical Cyclone Update". National Hurricane Center. Retrieved 10 September 2017.

Landsea, Christopher; Onderlinde, Matthew. "Hurricane Irma Tropical Cyclone Update". National Hurricane Center. Retrieved 10 September 2017.

Kym Horsell

Sep 19, 2017, 4:44:32 PM9/19/17
On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 3:55:42 AM UTC+10, gordo wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 00:13:10 -0700 (PDT), Catoni
> <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 2:40:36 AM UTC-4, MrPosti...@kymhorse smell.com told more lies:
> >
> >>"Another climate disaster unfolding in the Caribbean"
> >

> > LIE ! ! It's a WEATHER disaster.
> >

> >> For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall.
> >
> > Lie ! ! There is no way you could possibly know that to be a fact ! ! !
>
> When was the other time?

Gordo gordo gordo.

There have been less than 60 cat5's since 1924 before which the data
is not available to check for 1 min sustained windpseed.

It's an impossible job to for Mr Cartoony check all 60!

A corse. If he knew the area he pretends to be familiar with, he'd have
known right off the bat.

--
[The virtuous cry bully/con artist in his natural habitat:]

That from a person who makes fun of people's names [i.e. nym] and sides
with those who insult.... (Unum for example).
Unfortunately, I got fed up with it and started making fun of people's names
also....
Right Kimmy Horse smell ? ?
-- Robert Charles Williamson <cato...@sympatico.ca> aka Cantany,
St Catharines City Hall, 29 Feb 2016 01:39Z
IP 184.145.22.61
lat/lng 43.1594, -79.2469
addr 50 Church St, St. Catharines, ON L2R 7C2

Catoni

Sep 19, 2017, 6:34:33 PM9/19/17
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 4:44:32 PM UTC-4, Kym Horsell wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 3:55:42 AM UTC+10, gordo wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 00:13:10 -0700 (PDT), Catoni
> > <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> >
> > >On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 2:40:36 AM UTC-4, MrPosti...@kymhorse smell.com told more lies:

> > > LIE ! ! It's a WEATHER disaster.

> > > Lie ! ! There is no way you could possibly know that to be a fact ! ! !
> >
> > When was the other time?

To Kimmie Horse smell the liar!

To Gordo ...lacking the knowledge and history

Here you go.... now prove the following is not the truth:

[...]

Above information comes from the below Cites/References for Cat 5 hurricanes hitting land:

[...]

Sucks to be you... doesn't it Horse smell..... ? ? ?

You have been shown to be a LIAR ! ! !

Kym Horsell posted on Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017 , 2:40 AM in alt.global-warming, Thread title: "Another climate disaster unfolding in the Caribbean"

...A LIE ! ! "For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall."

Proven to be a LIE ! ! !

R Kym Horsell

Sep 19, 2017, 6:36:12 PM9/19/17
Cecil <drea...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> gordo wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 00:13:10 -0700 (PDT), Cantany
>> <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>>On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 2:40:36 AM UTC-4,
>>>MrPosti...@kymhorse smell.com told more lies:
>>> LIE ! ! It's a WEATHER disaster.
>>> Lie ! ! There is no way you could possibly know that to be a
>>> fact ! ! !
>> When was the other time?
> MANY other times
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Category_5_Atlantic_hurricanes
> The first time 2 cat 5 hurricanes happeded in the same year was in
> 1932.

Sorry. English comprehension fail.
You at least got the right reference but just din read the question.

"a cat5 has made landfall"

Evvyone should know cat5 ANDREW hit Florida at least.

They got sat photos of all the ev-dense for that.

Pretty much everythin before then is "extimates" mostly decades after the
fact by dem not-to-be-trusted scientists.

--
What is "hurricane season"?

Northern Hemisphere
Month num TS av temp
1 766 -0.59
2 202 1.17
3 645 5.55
4 1041 10.75
5 2750 15.67
6 6733 19.46
7 13406 21.70
8 24186 20.91
9 29736 17.30
10 17061 12.00
11 5996 5.86
12 2250 1.30

Model:
num_TS = 821.615*av_temp + -243.774
beta in 821.615 +- 321.533 = [500.082, 1143.15] 70% CI
P(beta>0.000000) = 0.990491
calculated Spearman corr = 0.804196
Critical Spearman = 0.701000 2-sided at 1%; reject H0:not_related

Kym Horsell

Sep 19, 2017, 6:45:08 PM9/19/17
On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 8:34:33 AM UTC+10, Catoni wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 4:44:32 PM UTC-4, Kym Horsell wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 3:55:42 AM UTC+10, gordo wrote:

> > > When was the other time?
>
> To Kimmie Horse smell the liar!
>
> To Gordo ...lacking the knowledge and history

Dear Mr Cartoony,

So when you said it was "impossible for [anyone] to know that" you were wrong
again? Right?

And since you never heard of Hurricane Andrew you are "lacking knowledge and
history", right?

And trying to rely on estimates from climate scientists rather than satellite
photos is just sityashun normal -- more hypocrisy from you -- right?

And calling anythin yo disagree wid a "lie" has kinda worn that term out
for yo, right?

--
Lie ! ! There is no way you could possibly know that to be a fact ! ! !
-- Mr Cartoony, anyplace, anytime

Catoni

Sep 19, 2017, 6:52:39 PM9/19/17
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 6:36:12 PM UTC-4, Kym Horsell wrote:
> Cecil <drea...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> > gordo wrote:
> >> When was the other time?
> > MANY other times
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Category_5_Atlantic_hurricanes
> > The first time 2 cat 5 hurricanes happeded in the same year was in
> > 1932.
>
> Sorry. English comprehension fail.
> You at least got the right reference but just din read the question.
>
> "a cat5 has made landfall"

Here is your statment fucknuts :

"For the first time anywhere a cat5 has made landfall."

You lied fucknuts ! ! !

That is what I am talking about..

Keep running boy ! You can run... but you can't hide. Unless maybe you slink back to your dark cold hole under your rock..

Bret Cahill

Sep 19, 2017, 7:42:55 PM9/19/17
"You are vexed therefore I am right about you."

-- Nietzsche