Yes Virginia, We're Raising Greenhouse Gas Levels.

Roger Coppock

Dec 19, 2005, 1:26:44 AM12/19/05
Yes Virginia, We're raising Greenhouse Gas Levels.

"The Earth is warming.
There is just no evidence that human endeavor
has shit all to do with it.
It's just another scam"
-- Jim E, yet another fool who claims to know all the evidence

Well Mr. E, it's going to take two posts, but
I'll show you the evidence, as I did for global
warming. Let me start by tracing the greenhouse
gases. A coming post will explain how those
gases trap heat and warm our planet

FIRST,
greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere
are increasing. One gas, CO2, is of particular concern:
http://cdiac.ornl.gov/trends/co2/graphics/sio-mlgr.gif
http://cdiac.ornl.gov/trends/co2/sio-mlo.htm

CO2's already high concentrations are breaking 650,000-year
old records. Forbes, November 24, 2005
http://www.forbes.com/work/feeds/afx/2005/11/24/afx2353574.html

Other greenhouse gases are showing increasing concentrations
too: http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/pns/current_ghg.html

AND,
the increased concentrations of greenhouse gasses have
anthropogenic (manmade) sources:

A) Radio isotope analysis of carbon in atmospheric CO2 shows
that the increasing CO2 concentrations come from fossil fuel
origins. (The Seuss Effect) If one simply has to have all
the trivia, one can trace the carbon cycle. See:
http://www.radix.net/~bobg/faqs/scq.CO2rise.html
or: http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/095.htm

B) Sources, sinks, and trends for CH4 are summarized in this table:
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/134.htm#tab42

C) Most of the atmospheric organo-halogens have no natural sources.
Therefore, their increasing concentrations must be anthropogenic.

Winston Smith, American Patriot

Dec 19, 2005, 2:11:48 AM12/19/05
"Roger Coppock" <rcop...@adnc.com> wrote in news:1134973604.191810.38410
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Yes Virginia, We're raising Greenhouse Gas Levels.
>
> "The Earth is warming.
> There is just no evidence that human endeavor
> has shit all to do with it.
> It's just another scam"
> -- Jim E, yet another fool who claims to know all the evidence
>
> Well Mr. E, it's going to take two posts, but
> I'll show you the evidence, as I did for global
> warming. Let me start by tracing the greenhouse
> gases. A coming post will explain how those
> gases trap heat and warm our planet

Reasoning with Bush Worshippers and Limbaugh Lovers is a classical
exercise in futility.

Do it only if the exercise truly yields salutary benefits.

--
http://hume.realisticpolitics.com/

The real danger to the future of humanity is the preference
for surrendering to fear, superstition, and faith
in absolutist belief systems, and so to submit to these
willingly and to the control of those demagogues who
make use of these, rather than preferring
to reason with one's own mind.

Roger Coppock

Dec 19, 2005, 5:42:30 AM12/19/05
Enlightenment has no owner; it is a gift to all sentient beings.

Martin

Jan 10, 2006, 11:33:41 PM1/10/06

"Roger Coppock" <rcop...@adnc.com> wrote in message

> Yes Virginia, We're raising Greenhouse Gas Levels.

Who cares? Co2 is plant food.

GW Chimpzilla

Jan 11, 2006, 12:53:32 AM1/11/06
Martin wrote:

Don't worry, we're paving.

dan

Jan 11, 2006, 3:09:40 AM1/11/06
War is not Christ's way, Jesus zombie.

"Martin" <G...@Pyro.net> wrote in message

Martin

Jan 11, 2006, 10:23:51 AM1/11/06

"dan" <d...@dan.com> wrote

> War is not Christ's way, Jesus zombie.

You must destroy all the nations the LORD your God hands over to you. Show
them no mercy and do not worship their gods. If you do, they will trap you.
Perhaps you will think to yourselves, 'How can we ever conquer these nations
that are so much more powerful than we are?' But don't be afraid of them!
Just remember what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all the land of
Egypt. Remember the great terrors the LORD your God sent against them. You
saw it all with your own eyes! And remember the miraculous signs and
wonders, and the amazing power he used when he brought you out of Egypt.
The LORD your God will use this same power against the people you fear. And
then the LORD your God will send hornets to drive out the few survivors
still hiding from you! "No, do not be afraid of those nations, for the LORD
your God is among you, and he is a great and awesome God. The LORD your God
will drive those nations out ahead of you little by little. You will not
clear them away all at once, for if you did, the wild animals would multiply
too quickly for you. But the LORD your God will hand them over to you. He
will throw them into complete confusion until they are destroyed. He will
put their kings in your power, and you will erase their names from the face
of the earth. No one will be able to stand against you, and you will destroy
them all. (Deuteronomy 7:16-24 NLT)