Gehenna Chronicle

Dave Crampton

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
I'm sure this has been overdone by many storytellers across the world,
but I am indeed going to attempt one.

I'll be starting the characters off in 1990, just before Ashes to
Ashes. I won't be necessarily running them through the Chicago
happenings (unless they decide to go there), but obviously what happens
in one city effects other cities, and vice versa.

The point to this rambling posting is that I have been having trouble
assembling a timeline of the events on the WoD, let alone in Vampire,
from 1990 to the present. I don't have boku bucks to buy all of the old
supplements (the few that are actually available at nearby used
bookstores), so if anyone could compile that kind of timeline, I would
be greatly appreciative. Thanks a lot. :)

--
Dave "Skippy" Crampton

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
good with ketchup.

"I forgot to mention that we have no office procedure that requires us
to wear pants." - Justin R. Achilli

http://childe.ofdoom.com/

Joshua Knorr

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
Dave Crampton <sc...@alagad.com> wrote in message

> The point to this rambling posting is that I have been having trouble
> assembling a timeline of the events on the WoD, let alone in Vampire,
> from 1990 to the present. I don't have boku bucks to buy all of the old
> supplements (the few that are actually available at nearby used
> bookstores), so if anyone could compile that kind of timeline, I would
> be greatly appreciative. Thanks a lot. :)

There really isn't much of a major timeline of events...only a few stand out
as relevant in a Vampire game. In 1995 Chicago serves as the battleground
for a 3-way war between the Camarilla, Lupines, and Sabbat (aided by the
BSDs) which leaves many prominent Chicago Kindred dead, including Prince
Lodin. The Ventrue Horatio Ballard consolidates his power and assumes the
Princedom in 1996.

Roughly around 1998/early 1999, Ventrue Archon Theo Bell drives the Sabbat
out of New York City.

In Spring of 1999, Boston is attacked by the Sabbat and driven off by the
Camarilla, although it leaves the sect so weak the the Giovanni are able to
make significant gains (whether or not the city is under the control of the
necromancers has not been stated in canon).

In July of 1999 the Week of Nightmare happens. Ravnos wakes up, madness
ensues, and Ravnos is killed by sunlight after being softened by by first
some uber-powerful Kuei-jin and neutron bombs courtesy of the Technocracy.

1990 probably really early to start a Gehenna chroncile, although since it
*is* a Vampire game, it could work if you give your players a long time to
build powerbases (using an accelerated time frame) before the shit starts
hitting the fan.

Joshua Knorr
WWBBD?

Lovelace

Aug 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/3/99
Beate Razen (B.R...@kfa-juelich.de).
04.06.1996 --------------BCD7E7753D4642320FC3E1C4--

Aug 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/3/99
I'd like to thank both of you who replied to my question. You both
helped. :)

--
Dave "Skippy" Crampton

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste

Robert Scott Martin

Aug 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/4/99
In article <7o7606$era$1...@news.hal-pc.org>,
Lovelace <love...@broker.com> wrote:

I make no claims for your accuracy elsewhere, but surely by

> * 1585 -The Ottoman Empire comes to an end.

you mean the Byzantine Empire.

The Ottomans were doing just fine until a nasty internal upheaval and
trouble abroad produced the nation of Turkey.

Lovelace

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99

Robert Scott Martin wrote in message <7o9gs1$a7c$1...@panix.com>...

>In article <7o7606$era$1...@news.hal-pc.org>,
>Lovelace <love...@broker.com> wrote:
>
>I make no claims for your accuracy elsewhere, but surely by
>
>> * 1585 -The Ottoman Empire comes to an end.
>
>you mean the Byzantine Empire.
>
>The Ottomans were doing just fine until a nasty internal upheaval and
>trouble abroad produced the nation of Turkey.

Sure. Like I said, i got this from a web page somewhere years ago. I
personally am rather weak in taht era of history.

A Number

Aug 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/7/99

Lovelace wrote in message <7oer3c$2onb$1...@news.hal-pc.org>...

>Robert Scott Martin wrote in message <7o9gs1$a7c$1...@panix.com>...
>>In article <7o7606$era$1...@news.hal-pc.org>,
>>Lovelace <love...@broker.com> wrote:
>>
>>I make no claims for your accuracy elsewhere, but surely by
>>
>>> * 1585 -The Ottoman Empire comes to an end.
>>
>>you mean the Byzantine Empire.
>>
>>The Ottomans were doing just fine until a nasty internal upheaval and
>>trouble abroad produced the nation of Turkey.

Actually, the Byzantine Empire ended in AD 1453.

- A Number